Search results

1. W

Surrendering on the 5th Tackle

a bit of variety would be nice, I'm not against getting tackled on the fifth but if it happens every play when we are in the opposition ten it's not very hard to defend against knowing a kick isn't coming.
  2. W

God's Will? Hopoate will not play Sundays

very true. I'm just worried that having a player in and out all the team will affect the performance of the team. Being able to string games together with the same team is extremely important these days
  3. W

God's Will? Hopoate will not play Sundays

Bit disappointed about this but I guess he is entitled to do it. Though if it starts affecting the team by having a player in and out from week to week hopefully the club/des will do the right thing by the team and drop him or get him to start playing Sunday's, also will he be forgoing some pay...
  4. W

Klemmers Running Style

we have one loss and it seems that there are issues with every player, I'd hate to see what it gets like if we lose a few in a row, people will be calling for public executions.
  5. W

We've got a very bad problem with the refs...

I also think we make a lot more silly mistakes than other teams, mind you maybe I just notice it more being a dogs fan and get frustrated where if it happens in another game it doesn't worry me.
  6. W

There are 5 true Bulldogs juniors playing NRL this week but none for the Bulldogs

taupau for sure, should have never signed t-rex and kept him
  7. W

Jamie Soward claims refs inconsistent towards them.

It's interesting they just showed Reynolds interfering with the marker in the lead up to a try which if sent to the bunker would probably result in a no try decision, maybe Jamie has a point ( it feels so wrong saying that)
  8. W

What are your expectations for the season?

Will be disappointed if we don't make the semi's, hopefully push for a top four position.
  9. W

Josh Reynolds taken to hospital by ambulance after the game

I thought Reynolds still had the ball when he was hit, ( I had a few beers by then though) looked for footage but can't find any
  10. W

Parramattas Salary Cap

has a club ever been caught by processes put in place by the nrl or is it always the club doing something stupid like recording the cheating in the minutes?
  11. W

Best signings ever

Also Peter Tunks and I think we bought Peter Kelly as well
  12. W

Best signings ever

Lamb for me, Dymock would also be worth a mention, as would Darren Britt
  13. W

NRL R8 - Dogs vs Tigers - Game Discussion Thread

No try was a fair enough call
  14. W

Who is our 3rd best ever half?

Wasn't one of the Hughes brothers in the 70's/80's a good half that could be worth a mention
  15. W

Canterbury Bulldogs great George Peponis says referee standards are driving fans craz

I agree with George, what Klemmer and Graham did was unacceptable and under the rules of the game the penalty was warranted. I couldn't imagine a young player acting that way when Peponis was captain and I couldn't imagine him blowing his top like that as Captain. Hopefully both players learn...
  16. W

Club takes early guilty plea on ALL charges

My understanding of the charge down is there doesn't have to be intent, there just has to be contact which there was.
  17. W

Club takes early guilty plea on ALL charges

Hard to see how they could have fought the contrary conduct charges and I guess under the rule of the law Graham was guilty as he came into contact with the legs in a reckless manner. I would have thought Kasiano's charge would have been challenged though.
  18. W

Worst Win Ever

I've noticed with a lot of games recently where a team gets out to a decent lead in the first half, both teams just seem to run through the motions in the second half. Saying that we did score three tries (or was it two) in the second half, which is good.
  19. W

Trent Hodkinson - 2013 Discussion Thread

On a different note, what is the record for most goals in a row these days?
  20. W

Trent Hodkinson - 2013 Discussion Thread

I'd be happy for Trent to be re-signed as half back for the next few years, I think he is better than anyone that is off contract, been great since he has come back from injury.
  21. W

What ever happened to...

I read some where that Kane Cleal works for theNational parks, checking on isolated areas and such. The article said he was in his element and loved it.
  22. W

Screw you, Gus Gould.

It's interesting that I listened to the game on abc radio live and they were saying it was all the dogs and that the sharks were doing well to be so close, yet when I put on nine they are saying dogs are crap sharks will run in a score. Mind you if sharks didn't bomb the try's they would have...
  23. W

Stop the rot

On the media, if they run a story that later proves to be crap forward it to the abc's media watch, I have and they have actually put one of them to air, they love it when newsltd is wrong. I imagine they wouldn't mind a few shots at Weilder either.
  24. W

Do Any current NRL PLAYERS smoke with cigarettes?

I saw Terry Lamb having a smoke after a test match once, still in his jersey.
  25. W

Roosters focus on security for SBW's return against Dogs

Hopefuly all that happens is booing etc, I really hope no one does anything stupid like throw a bottle or even worse. I'll be there booing my heart out, I reckon we can make it look like a dogs home game with more dogs fans than roosters fans.
  26. W

Greg Alexander you're a knob!!!

For a prop to come across in cover like King did and get that close against one of the fastest men in the game i thought was good
  27. W

Greg Alexander you're a knob!!!

I actually thought king deserved a bit of praise for that attempt, for a prop to get that close to Morris impressed me
  28. W

James Graham - 2012 Discussion Thread

I would love to know what he said tho Watmough when he was on top of him and Watmough got and pushed him.
  29. W

No handshake between Ennis and farah.

I would hate to be paying the west tigers tissue bill, cause Farrah is the biggest sock in the game
  30. W

We are giving away Too much f*n penaltys!!!!

I don't know if I notice it more because I'm a dogs fan, but I think we give away more stupid, pointless penalty's then any other team, and have done for a while.
  31. W

Butthurt eagles at it again: Daily Telegraph

The club should be made aware of it and let Todd Greenberg deal with it, he would get an apology out of the tele for sure.
  32. W

Butthurt eagles at it again: Daily Telegraph

the tele should not have let it go up on their site, I tried to reply but they did not post my reply. It is nothing but slander
  33. W

Good goodwin be 1st grade by finals?

no x 100000000000000000000000000000000000000
  34. W

First year Members forum

Hey all just wondering if anyone else is going to the first years member forum? should be interesting, and the chance to have lunch with Terry Lamb isn't a bad prize.
  35. W

Who is the biggest Grub?

Cameron Smith and Billy Slater
  36. W

Scumy Manly fans hurl beer cans into dogs supporters

I'm suprised they still sell beer in cans, I thought they would have to sell it in them horrible plastic cups. The people who had the cans thrown at them need to write to the nrl and complain.
  37. W

How disappointing

I'm suprised we didn't wear pink Jerseys, I wonder what the official reason was. Maybe they wanted the blue and white since we were taking the game to a regional/country area. And in doing so supported country league that does so much for our game, that point was missed by the manly forum. On...
  38. W

Players you were gutted that left our beloved club.

the big four in the super league war hurt, the fact that they went to parra didn't help either. I remember being a kid and jason alchin leaving hurt
  39. W

Round 15 Game Day thread- Dragons Vs. Bulldogs

Did I hear Rabs say He thought Kasiano had left the club at the start of the broadcast?
  40. W

Stagg to become a knight!

sad to see him go if true, would be an ideal player to have as backup/playing a bit of reserve grade to bring the young players on, if he was willing to do that and the salary cap allowed it.
  41. W

Tony Williams sign by NRL Bulldogs

who knows what is happening, i'll wait till I hear it from Todd's lips rather than listen to the gossip in the papers. Both papers go on with crap and when they do get it right they rant on about that ignoring the 100 other times they got it wrong
  42. W

The fall and fall of Bulldogs players.

Andrew Emilio, or something like that, played centre and went to penrith?
  43. W

Dogs keen to snap up Jennings mid-season

I'd rather keep lafai tbh
  44. W

Dessie meltdown

the first view they showed showed king knocking it on, and hadley said so, but they never showed it again. Saying that we were terrible in the second half and had plenty of time and oppurtunity to score but didn't
  45. W

Buses from leagues club

Hey all I was just wondering if the club runs buses from the leagues club at Belmore to the game on Sunday, and if so do you have to be a member to get one or can anyone jump on. If not what's the best way to get from the club to the ground and how long does it take? cheers
  46. W

Des wants SBW...

I'm not saying he will be back at the dogs, but I don't think he will be in the all blacks plans for the future, I reckon he will take a big money offer in European rugby.
  47. W

Not happy with the club!

I'm suprised they didn't send anything, a year ago we found one of my pops old bulldog shirts (great shirt celebrating a back to back efforts in 84/85, Having gravestones with dragons and eels names on them) I sent a letter to the club asking would it be possible to get a couple of players to...
  48. W

It must be a Cronulla Sharks thing to assault their GF

In domestic cases it's the police who press charges, the victim dosn't have a say in it. All it results in though in most cases is the victim being an uncooperative witness.
  49. W

Will Hopoate RUMOURED to join the Parrascums in 2014

The tele is reporting that john is going to be paid 200,000 grand a year for a coaching role, surley this is a sneaky way around the salary cap. I just can't see him being worth a 1/4 of that as coach
  50. W

Nine News - Carney supposidely GONE!!

he just needs to say yeh, I will go out and have a drink, and not say his going to steer clear of the grog. He didn't misbehave. Maybe people should follow the journalists around and take photo's of them on the drink.
  51. W

It's about time!

parra have been playing well lately and losing. They have been pushing the top teams, while we are only ahead cause of our good start, which seems a long time ago. Our recent form has been poor. My gut tells me we will win but it has said that a few times this year and been wrong.
  52. W

Reni Maitua

Good luck to him, I think the club had no choice but to get rid of him though, would he have played with anyone who will be playing on friday nite, off the top of my head id say no?, goes to show the cleanout we have had.
  53. W

It's about time!

Good read, but i'm not getting my hopes up to high for friday night. There has been to many "this is it" moments this season that have resulted in a big fat nothing. I'll wait and see what happens.
  54. W

Nathan Brown's manager plays down suggestions in line for the canterbury position

any one but brown, id rather have the ball boys coach us.
  55. W

Is it time now for Andrew Ryan to go?

there are a few I would show the door before him thats for sure
  56. W

Moore - "I had to walk"

any one but Nathan Brown
  57. W

Moore quote off Footy Show

I think he had to go, and there is no nice way to sack someone, and the results we have been getting public/media scrutiny was inevitable, irregradless of board members leaking or not leaking stories. Maybe Moore is just a bit bitter at the moment over getting sacked from a job he done a ten...
  58. W

Club membership

I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not, but I would like to become a member of the football club and get voting rights for the board elections. I understand this usually takes a few years of being a member. Just wondering how I do it, Ive looked on the website but the membership...
  59. W

Kris Keating - 2011 Discussion Thread

One thing I have noticed is that every time we get the ball in attack is that every one seems to be standing still or running sideways, im not sure if this is the halves,outside backs or coaches fault, whatever happened to hitting the ball at pace.
  60. W

Pressuring the club

Buy a gun, take some hostages, and release a statement saying that you will shoot one hostage an hour untill your demand that Kevin Moore be sacked is met, don't take St.George fans hostage though, I don't think any one will miss them. (please note this a joke post, Wyongguy does not support...
  61. W

NRL and its clubs are expected to palm-off expansion until 2014 or 2015

Im just not a fan of 9.30pm games on tv, and alwas thought 9 would be better off with a game at 7.30 friday nite and one 7.30satday nite rather than two on friday
  62. W

The most disappointed I've been as a Bulldogs fan

yesterday was the worst performance by a dogs team that I have ever seen, that try from the srum was an absoulate disgrace, softest Ive seen all year. Hopefully yesterday was rock bottom and it won't get any worse, only time will tell. Saying that though, I'm still going to go to the pub on...
  63. W

Match Thread Round 15 Bulldogs v Cronulla Sharks

last try was the softest ive seen all year
  64. W

You're a pack of sooks !!!

I can see the point that we sometimes we just bag out the players and club etc. But I guess that's what internet forums are for.
  65. W

Which great players deserved to win a premiership but didn't??????

Whatever happened to ben harris, Im guessing the cowboys cut him, showed a bit of potential for a while.
  66. W

Go Hindy GO!

Just a general comment, not particually related to hindmarsh interview but Players get put in hard positions when they do interviews/appear on shows etc, you can see why some of them hate the media and a reluctant to do them.
  67. W

Grill team announce Gower to play for south's.

wasn't he coming to the dogs atone stage a while ago
  68. W

Grill team announce Gower to play for south's.

omg, the tele was saying he's going to penrith, surley they will print a retraction
  69. W

Which great players deserved to win a premiership but didn't??????

I imagine Wally won a few in Queensland and would claim them. ET for sure, and the dragons player, Brad McKay, I may have the name wrong, played for NSW and Australia, went to Western reds for a season or two but than returned when they joined super league.
  70. W

Lett In Goodwin Out

it will be interesting to see how lett goes, hope he lives up to the hype on this forum
  71. W

Who's still off contract for us?

i imagine morrin would come cheap, and you can never have to many props. Payne is a must to re-sign in my opinion. Paea would be handy to have around as well
  72. W

Penrith confirm coach Matthew Elliot will not be at the club beyond the end of 2011

Can't believe their talking about nathan brown getting it, don't rate him at all. Id look at Rick Stone if i was the Panthers
  73. W

Greg Eastwood - 2011 Discussion Thread

good to see him back, I imagine he will be eased back in to it to get match fitness. Wouldn't have been suprised to see him get a hit out in reserve grade, or whatever it's called these days, just to give him a long stint on the park.
  74. W

Rabbitohs Dirty Tactics

Everty team does dirty tactics, Canterbury probably more than most, or at least according to other fans.
  75. W

Expansion of the NRL VS Relocation of certain NRL teams

Being form the central coast I would like to see a central coast team. I wouldn't go for them but would go and watchgames, especially against the dogs. The area will be devastated if the bears don't get a team. I think they mite allow two teams in.
  76. W

Ennis sledge???

I imagine if they charge Ennis it will be for bringing the game into disrepute or something like that.
  77. W

Guess who's article this is: WHY IDRIS FLED DOGS

I honestly do not know how he has a job as a journalist, I do not know one person that likes him. But I guess he's stories get read and discussed which is what the paper wants.
  78. W

Ennis sledge???

Parra alaways start the year slow, Its enough to drive you nuts and not start supporting till half season mark My mate posted that, a few years ago they went overseas on a snow boarding trip at the start of the season and was getting me to tape parra games for him, they had a crap start to...
  79. W

Ennis sledge???

The tele is saying today that Parra players are claiming that Enniss said something about he's family, so who knows.
  80. W

Who's the REAL scum ???

Re the tackle at the end of the game: Enniss was a fool for thinking that they would just put a hand on him to end the game. I hate it when players take a voluntary tackle and always hope that some one smashes them. Or if their near the try line when they just lie down to take the tackle id love...
  81. W

Ennis sledge???

If it was about he's family one of the players would have come out in defence of hindy in the media. The rumour that it was about he's family reminds me of the rumour that the elias- Fenech feud was about Elias mentioning Fenech's deceased brother> To which Fenech replied if that was the case I...
  82. W

Post-Match chat : Triple M with Ennis + Hindy.

He didn't say, it think the sledge might have had something to do with the tackle hindy done on barba right before it when he gave barba a bit of a facial.
  83. W

I think he was geniunelly upset that he responded by hitting Ennis and calling him a grub
  84. W

Just that he over reacted, shouldn't have acted the way he did
  85. W

should say both players
  86. W

I was really impressed with players in their interview, especially hindmarsh
  87. W

Mitchell Pearce

mullen will be nsw half, joey says so
  88. W

Round 3 Match Thread: Bulldogs v Woosters

gary belcher isn't a fan of the reff
  89. W

Brisbane make move for Wayne Bennett

can't believe they got rid of him in the first place
  90. W

If Tandy's Innocent

when i firstheard he refused to answer questions i thought he deserved to be sacked, but than i read it was done under legal advice i thought maybe tandy was a bit hard done by, but who knows, I don't think he will be back at the club at all. Hopefully the sueing the club won't go far either.
  91. W

Round 2 Match Thread: Bulldogs v Souffs (SPOILERS)

penalty changed the momentum big time
  92. W

Ben Roberts Dropped to NSW Cup

I think the writing was on the wall regarding roberts future at the club when we signed two young halves last year. It would be good to keep him as backup as well as passing on he's experience in the N.S.W cup, but unfortunetly the days of keeping experienced first graders to benifit the reserve...
  93. W

Todd Carney charged with drink driving

it will be interesting to see what the punishment is, doubt they will sack him. If it is a suspension hopefully its just not for trial games.
  94. W

Ryan Tandy's (not so) Super Thread

id say he will be stood down till court and if found guilty sacked, if innonncent allowed to play, i can't see him being allowed to play while this is hanging over he's head.