Search results

1. GrogDog

Opinion That's all I ever asked for!

We lost, I'm annoyed but I'm not pissed off. Long ago there use to be the whole "your not a true fan" argument on here when people would get roasted for pointing out deficiencies. I was/am one of them. I said back then, "All I want is for us to compete win or lose". That's not too much to ask I...
  2. GrogDog

Bottle throw

Maybe there's something in the game thread but I'm not going to search it. Does anyone know if they got the w#nker that threw the bottle during JAC's 2nd intercept try? I imagine they would have been easy to locate in a dogs crowd. Ban for life!
  3. GrogDog

Opinion Flanno v Tigers analysis

Ok, so I've been guilty just like many of being negative towards the guy (Flanno), SO when I watched yesterday's game again today I decided I might pay extra attention to his game to see what I come up with. I've ummed and ahhed about him like you for ages now, I wanted to get some facts to help...
  4. GrogDog

500k - What are we going to use it on?

Too Soon? So what's the guesses on the move we will make now with the spare 500k?
  5. GrogDog

Opinion BBO

I would like to see BBO have the run on spot with massive minutes to see if we have our long term hooker. The kid has got something and we need to see what it is before we sign something. It might save us 800k or something. Thoughts?
  6. GrogDog

Opinion Dogs recruiting technique?

So the Hynes signing by Cronulla has me wondering. How is it that every other club seems to sign a player with little fan fare, speedy and as soon as it's done it's announced. There's talk for a couple of days about it and the RL world moves on. Hynes for example, who would want to go to the...
  7. GrogDog

Strike #1 - Mr Barrett

Strike 1 for Barrett's Coaching today for me regardless of the game outcome here. To not hook that complete fuking moron Adam Idiot after his constant penalties, poor defence and rubbish is unbelievable. Other than we are complete crap he cost us any chance at 11 players to 13 of having a win...
  8. GrogDog

Opinion Time for the Club to advise the players who will not to be retained.

I think the club should just let the players know who is gone next year. I also mean publicly, make it a presser and feed them to the sharks. Usually this would derail the season however I think we all know that it couldn't hurt us. Maybe, just maybe if the players know they are officially gone...
  9. GrogDog

Kikau concussion

So Kikau just received a knock in the head in tonight's game (7th minute) when he got his head in the wrong spot trying to tackle Ponga. While getting up he clearly lost balance and fell towards the players in the ruck. Runs back on side with wobbly boots. Voss mentions it a little bit but they...
  10. GrogDog

Opinion Your predicted table finish for the Dogs 2021.

Ok so coming to round #1 of 2021, where do you see our guys finishing after the season regular finishes? The poll will finish in 4 days so your decision has to be made before the first game. 8-12 for me.
  11. GrogDog

Thomo eye gouge

Ok so blatant as fuk. Geez we attract some rock apes with no brains. How long is this numpty out for next season? Well done you dumb shite!
  12. GrogDog

News CHN considered suicide?

Corey Harawira-Naera says he quit the @NRL_Bulldogs because he didn't deserve to wear the jersey after the pre-season sex scandal in Port Macquarie that jeopardised his and Jayden Okunbor's careers, and contemplated suicide before his Raiders lifeline.
  13. GrogDog

Opinion Still nothing from the Club........

So it's 0923hrs Tuesday and I just looked at the Bulldogs official site and nothing at all about what is happening. As we all know the rumours on every platform possible has been going berserk since mid evening last night. Surely something as huge as the Coach possibly quitting requires a front...
  14. GrogDog

Opinion Welcome to rock bottom.

I think the commentators said prior to the game that if we lose that it's the worst start for 56 years for this club. Score line tonight flattered our team, we are terrible in every single department possible. We are in serious and I mean SERIOUS trouble. As I said during the coverage. The long...
  15. GrogDog

To sack or not to sack that is the question?

Self explanatory.
  16. GrogDog

Opinion Should Foran retire?

Ok so simple question, Should Foran retire whether it's medically or just himself calling it a day ASAP? We all know that he doesn't have to etc etc but let's see the stats on this.
  17. GrogDog

Other News Source Matterson could be leaving Tigers as rivals circle

Matterson could be leaving Tigers as rivals circle https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/12/matterson-could-be-leaving-tigers-as-rivals-circle/?fbclid=IwAR0Tz9wviSGTHdE7MeJ1k4R7rSq6qL6mKC1o1UMvJPOlQshp2I1jZVQmpgU Ryan Matterson could be headed for the exit door in the off-season as the Wests Tigers...
  18. GrogDog

Social Media Mundine Jnr?

Saw a post on FB (Rugby League Zero fuks given) this morning claiming we are 1 of 4 clubs chasing Mundine Jnr's signature from St George? Raiders In Race To Sign MUNDINE JR Four NRL clubs are fighting a battle to sign one of the best prospects in rugby league - the son of former Dragons star...
  19. GrogDog

No Source All quiet on the Belmore front...

So after what appears to be a disappointing week on the signing of players front, it's seems very quiet or atleast the low morale is palpable. Where are we at? Api - Gone to Penrith. Ramien - Nothing new from what I can tell. Would say that holding out for Sharks seems possibly close to the...
  20. GrogDog

Opinion What did I miss?

So don't tell my boss but I watched our game at work last night shhh! When I got home I logged onto here and must admit I was surprised at how the place seemed to be in melt down with negative threads. Worst half in 3000 years, even one turning on DWZ it appeared but I didn't click into any of...
  21. GrogDog

Opinion NRL Finals Wild card entry?

A couple years ago I heard someone mention the idea of a wild card entry idea for the finals in the NRL. I have never been a huge fan of top 8 as it rewards mediocracy. Generally win less than 50% and compete in Finals. Obviously with our guys now being the form team of the NRL and the fact...
  22. GrogDog

Opinion 'The Board' Consolidated Thread

So do any of you guys who are closer to the club know if there is any group (rival ticket) that are planning to run against this current Board or are they safe atleast for this next Election. Just wondering what sort of pressure these guys might be on to perform in this period leading to early...
  23. GrogDog

Opinion Xavier Coates

Anyone see this kids try for the donkey's just then? Apparently was being likened to Israel Folau? Joey said he was in a Qld junior's team that had smashed NSW after a 10 year drought? Won man of the match from the wing. Looks ok.
  24. GrogDog

Opinion Guaranteed FG spot?

Was thinking on the subject due to our need to sign alot of players in the next few years and contemplated this clause that has seemed to make it's way into the game, Guaranteed FG spot! I don't know about anyone else but I hate the whole idea of it for these reasons, * It leaves no incentive...
  25. GrogDog

SportingNews/Lurker Dogs Circling Sharks!

No fukin thanks on Dugan, just as broken as Foran.
  26. GrogDog

Opinion Battle of the spoon!

So I see the wooden spoon between us and the Titans, both have 1 bye left and 9 games and sit on equal points on the ladder (8). Bronc's sit on 12 points above us. Obviously our for and against is considerably worse but IMO Titans have the hardest finish. We may just miss it lol. Dogs...
  27. GrogDog

Social Media Curtis Rona wanted to come back?

Article on Facebook in the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs News page. First is it true and thoughts on us not taking him? Australian Wallaby Curtis Rona is set to sign a deal with Rugby club London Irish. It is understood the 27 year old was very keen to link up with his former club, the...
  28. GrogDog

Other News Source Bulldogs to try lure Brisbane hooker Jake Turpin to Belmore

http://theland-downunder.com/2019/06/14/bulldogs-to-try-lure-brisbane-hooker-jake-turpin-to-belmore/ Canterbury have confirmed they’ll attempt to lure highly promising hooker Jake Turpin from Red Hill to Belmore, but Brisbane say they’re up for the fight to retain the young gun. The Broncos...
  29. GrogDog

News Fans erupt as Canterbury coach Dean Pay drops Corey Harawira-Naera to reserve grade

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/nrl-news-canterbury-bulldogs-dean-pay-corey-harawira-naera-canterbury-cup-dropped/1ft645eo0t7km1wrwfbkat6ofq Canterbury coach Dean Pay has again mercilessly wielded the axe on a star player, dropping forward Corey Harawira-Naera to reserve grade on...
  30. GrogDog

Opinion Win for the faithful.

Nice win there tonight for the boys who have been working tirelessly and not giving up. Tested early and throughout with more ref howlers too blatant to argue. For the fans who have stayed faithful and resisted crapping on the lads enjoy! Special mention to, Tolman - Just a massive heart Jacko...
  31. GrogDog

Opinion Something more important than 2 points

Gotta say that I am pretty proud of our guys. Anyone that thinks we are a top 8 team are dreaming BUT when you actually accept that fact you can see other things. The effort and resilience from our guys was awesome. Yes we fuked up heaps of times BUT we also didn't take shite from Souths. Lewis...
  32. GrogDog

Opinion James Graham

Ok don't hang me but I want to talk James Graham. Yeah done to death, so go to another thread now if your not interested. I loved him at the Dogs, he was built perfectly to be Bulldog for life. It was the biggest player loss I felt in recent times. I was so disappointed he left. NRL 360 just...
  33. GrogDog

Vunivalus Death Roll on Meaneys leg.

Anyone else noticed that death roll that some idiot from storm done on Meaney? It was when Meaney grabbed his knee. To me it appeared that the player was around his legs then intentionally death rolled like a croc to try and hurt him? Edit: Found the video. Hey I invented "Death Roll" so I...
  34. GrogDog

Odd ref moment NQL v NEW?

Anyone else see that odd moment late second half where Ref Paranara (lol) made that Newie player sit on the sideline after faking injured. He had to stay there until the scrum was played out. He told Newie they had to play 1 short lol
  35. GrogDog

Youth

Well done today players, club and fans...….a rare chance to cheer! The main thing I noticed from today was the lack of slow legs. Not sure if it's the youth or certain players not playing but a massive difference in slow leg speed. Today just proved that out future is with youth mixed with some...
  36. GrogDog

How much of our Salary Cap is spent at other clubs?

As the title says, what's the guesstimate on how much is being spent/wasted of our cap on players not playing for us. I think it will be alarming when added up and taken off our cap. Graham Kasiano Abbey Brenko Lee Suli (apparently) Perrett?? Mbye?? 250k if true
  37. GrogDog

Castle denies being 'architect' of Bulldogs salary cap woes

By Tom Decent26 May 2018 — 6:00am https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/nrl/castle-denies-being-architect-of-bulldogs-salary-cap-woes-20180525-p4zhk9.html Former Bulldogs chief executive Raelene Castle has broken her silence over the salary cap mess at Canterbury, saying she is “very...
  38. GrogDog

ANZAC Day round - opinions.

Does anyone else think that turning the whole round into an "Anzac Day" round a bit of an overreach? Before anyone fires up please know I am not trying to offend or stir any trouble. I just want to know what other people think. Please know that I am actually a returned Servicemen myself and...
  39. M

Bulldogs Signed Matthew Doorey Into The FIRST GRADE SQUAD

Matt Doorey is the SG Ball Second Rower we signed from Parra to our first grade team.
  40. GrogDog

Bulldogs are on the way up: Pay

Bulldogs are on the way up: Pay By Matt Encarnacion20 April 2018 — 9:40am Canterbury coach Dean Pay has made the bizarre claim that his side's scoreless defeat to the Sydney Roosters was an improvement from their road win against North Queensland last week. Toothless: Dean Pay's Bulldogs...
  41. GrogDog

2 Positives

Mbye and Foran! Everyone else is burning the house down I and wanted to talk about the 2 good things we have. Mbye, a revelation. I called it about 2-3 years ago but anyways... Foran, What a tough hard working bloke. Leaves nothing out there. I fear we will break him without someone to...
  42. GrogDog

Controversy to end Bronco's v Tigers - Refs boss admits wrong call made.

Anyone else see that blatant shite to rob the Tigers? Worst call in years.
  43. GrogDog

Dogs of War!

I just wanted to congratulate every single player and Dean Pay for tonight's effort. I am proud and I am happy......and a few beers in. Special mention to Mbye, Foran, Klem and JMK. Great start for JMK and a must for another go next week. How tough is Foran, that bloke is awesome and I have...
  44. GrogDog

Steve Price on NRL 360 Summer edition

Just watched Pricey on 360 with Ikin and ****. Basic gist was they hit him up about why this rival ticket is so good etc. Pricey did well/ok but I do kind of wish they had another better prepared guy with him to help with the questions. Reason for this is that **** right from the start tried...
  45. GrogDog

Des Hasler sacked: Bulldogs legend Graeme Hughes’ scathing take, puts Ray Dib in the gun

Des Hasler sacked: Bulldogs legend Graeme Hughes’ scathing take, puts Ray Dib in the gun https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/bulldogs/des-hasler-sacked-bulldogs-legend-graeme-hughes-scathing-take-puts-ray-dib-in-the-gun/news-story/d3298ac840ef5bdc3e22dc0e9cb047f1 CANTERBURY...
  46. GrogDog

Graham: The players let Des Hasler down

Graham: The players let Des Hasler down http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby-league/graham-the-players-let-des-hasler-down/ar-AAscW8J?li=AA54yd&ocid=spartandhp Former Canterbury skipper James Graham refuses to let recently sacked Bulldogs coach Des Hasler wear all the blame for the club's fall...
  47. GrogDog

Todd Greenberg a no-show for lunch meeting with Bulldogs chair Ray Dib

Chris Barrett and Michael Chammas Canterbury's last-ditch bid for significant salary cap relief next year has suffered a major blow with NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg to be a no-show at a lunch on Monday called by Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib. Greenberg was among those invited by Dib to a...
  48. GrogDog

Alternate theory

Ok, so hear me out....I always laugh when someone starts out like that. Are we witnessing an unspoken war between players and club? After seeing Des pick Stanley again at halfback the prick is either insane and/or intentionally up to something? We are now fairly certain if reports are correct...
  49. GrogDog

Forward tip on play

Can someone clear up for me for once and for all this question. Was it Dymock while caretaker Coach who created the tip on play before Des got to our club that featured and got us into the 2012 GF or was it Des? It is something that Des gets the credit for. Can anyone remember?
  50. GrogDog

We are now 14th

So Souths just won and due to our awesome F/A we have dropped another place to 14th.....3rd last on the table. Results Mr Dib, you shall be judged! I hope.
  51. GrogDog

Core skills

I have been saying it and pointing it out since last year, our skills. What do we do at training? Passing, kicking, catching, set plays etc etc. At half time tonight on FOX Anasta, Kimmorley and Williams were talking and they flat out all said, Dogs have the worst set of "core skills" in the...
  52. GrogDog

7th Tackle: Why the players have had it with Hasler

7th Tackle: Why the players have had it with Hasler Liam Cox and Josh Massoud - 7Sport on July 27, 2017, 6:00 am Hasler's led the Bulldogs to Grand Final appearances in 2012 and 2014 – his strike rate is outstanding. However, this season has become a circus at Canterbury and Des is in the...
  53. GrogDog

Hodko passing on the Goalkick?

Did or does anyone else think anything more of TH opting to not take that last Goalkick? They said he passed it on due to distance but being mates with Reynolds I seriously think he didn't want to kick it? He could have kicked that I reckon.
  54. GrogDog

Angry Bulldogs fans troll poorly timed tweet

Angry Bulldogs fans troll poorly timed tweet LEAGUE June 23, 2017 7:06am EDT June 23, 2017 7:02am EDT #NOTProudToBeABulldog Brendan Bradford Published on Jun. 23, 2017 Jun. 23, 2017 Another week, another unfathomable performance from the Bulldogs. MORE: Thurston talks about rep future |...
  55. GrogDog

Matty Johns show - Footage of our warm up pre Panthers game

So only a brief vision of the warm up and not much to it as I understand not smashing eachother but definitely some soft cock about it. http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/matty-johns/doggies-dull-warmup!627984?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=FoxSportsAus
  56. GrogDog

Rebel ticket to overthrow Bulldogs board?

After almost a decade of peace, Belmore is on the verge of succumbing to old divisions of internal turmoil as a group of former players and officials plot to overthrow the current board. We can reveal preparations to form a rebel ticket to challenge chairman Ray Dib at next February’s elections...
  57. GrogDog

Bulldogs fans hammer Hasler after Sharks loss

Bulldogs fans hammer Hasler after Sharks loss Frustrated Canterbury fans have once again called for Des Hasler’s head after the Bulldogs slumped to their third-straight defeat with a 9-8 loss to reigning premiers Cronulla. The Dogs led 8-2 at Shark Park before a Gerard Beale try and Chad...
  58. GrogDog

Canterbury Bulldogs legend Hazem El Masri reunites with first wife Arwa

Hazem El Masri has reunited with his first wife Arwa and the pair are again a married couple. El Masri and Arwa have known each other for 20 years and had been married for 14 of them before they separated in 2014. El Masri then married Douah El-Cherif in a short union during which the...
  59. GrogDog

Country debutant Adam Elliott will be playing for his older brother James

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/bulldogs/country-debutant-adam-elliott-will-be-playing-for-his-older-brother-james/news-story/7c47684a0de0847fc3f120cc0edd2ba1 ADAM Elliott doesn’t know why his brother stopped talking for two years. Only that he did. And the silence, it was...
  60. GrogDog

Signing and transfer periods?

The crap floating around right now about signing players etc is counter-productive to the game. The NRL need to finally get in and announce a transfer window and player signings need to be moved until after the GF each year. Who's actually talking about the games at the moment? Transfer window...
  61. GrogDog

Josh Reynolds shoulders blame for Bulldogs’ loss to Storm

Josh Reynolds shoulders blame for Bulldogs’ loss to Storm http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/josh-reynolds-shoulders-blame-for-bulldogs-loss-to-storm/news-story/07fee4cf523dae00b75edc9c43d86931 BULLDOGS players have urged Josh Reynolds to keep his head up after the five-eighth blamed...
  62. GrogDog

Canterbury Bulldogs endure another disastrous Auckland Nines campaign

Canterbury Bulldogs endure another disastrous Auckland Nines campaign CANTERBURY playmaker Josh Reynolds says frustrated Bulldogs fans must “look at the bigger picture” after another disastrous Auckland campaign has earned them the tag ‘Worst Nines Team Ever’. On a controversial weekend for...
  63. GrogDog

Josh Reynolds reveals how coach Des Hasler is revamping the Bulldogs’ attack

BULLDOGS favourite Josh Reynolds has revealed how two-time premiership coach Des Hasler will revamp Canterbury’s attack in 2017, with the club’s loaded forward pack finally set to take a back seat. Hasler’s men bulldozed their way into two grand finals in three years from 2012 to 2014 on the...
  64. GrogDog

Bulldogs DNA?

With all the news lately I have been reading heaps about Bulldogs DNA and Culture. For me I thought it was obvious what is meant by this but surprisingly enough many people have asked what that is. Have even seen and had discussions on here about what that is, blows my mind when our own fans...
  65. GrogDog

PNG v AUS

Hey anyone know if this game is Televised at all?
  66. GrogDog

Board members e-mail?

Anyone got board members email details? In light of Foran not signing and Des fronting tonight it could be good timing and a last chance to smash them with emails just in case they were going to keep him or even worse sign him on for another 2 years as reported/rumoured.
  67. GrogDog

The Lurker: Surely Des isn't out the door already?

It couldn't be the end for Des already? http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/list/the-lurker-surely-des-isnt-out-the-door-already/1ilx8z3g0za601k3kbg8s8ywe3/slide/1 Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the Bulldogs’ next board meeting in coming weeks. Senior club officials are filthy at the meek...
  68. GrogDog

How is Hoppa feeling today?

How is Hoppa feeling today? Well rested, that's for sure! In all this "reflection" I realised that our main man with God on speed dial has been left out. So how is Hoppa feeling this morning I wonder. I will say one thing, no way in hell would I be feeling okay with leaving my mates alone...
  69. GrogDog

Foran to Bulldogs hits a roadblock

Foran to Bulldogs hits a roadblock By The Mole September 11, 2016 http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/five-things-learned-storm-v-cowboys-2/ THE BULLDOGS’ bid to sign Kieran Foran has hit a massive roadblock. Des Hasler is desperate to get Foran on board, believing his current halves Moses Mbye and...
  70. GrogDog

Josh Morris relishing Canterbury Bulldogs being written off on eve of NRL finals

Here we go guys, another one for you....... The Dogs are dead. The Dogs are buried. Can't score points. Can't keep pace. Front-rowers trying to play like halfbacks. Halfback kicking like front-rowers. No chance, they say. Want to hear it again, boys? "Everyone's written us off ... and that's...
  71. GrogDog

James Graham backs Canterbury Bulldogs to regain their bite for NRL finals

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-league/canterbury-bulldogs/james-graham-backs-canterbury-bulldogs-to-regain-their-bite-for-nrl-finals-20160905-gr99bd.html Canterbury captain James Graham has played down concerns about the Bulldogs' form leading into Sunday's elimination final against...
  72. GrogDog

Bulldogs to bank on finals experience

Bulldogs to bank on finals experience http://www.sportsfan.com.au/bulldogs-to-bank-on-finals-experience/tabid/91/newsid/209561/default.aspx Canterbury are hoping their finals experience will matter when it counts the most, as they attempt to fight their way out of a sluggish end to the NRL...
  73. GrogDog

Boycott game against the Bunnies - sorry double up please delete

If your feeling strong about our dire situation in regards to the direction and shape of our club than why not vote in a way that will show an instant message.......boycott the next game at ANZ! We know our club only cares about $$$, political correctness and making Top 8 so hit them where it hurts.
  74. GrogDog

Brett Morris' imminent return for Canterbury Bulldogs to end Will Hopoate's run at fullback

Brett Morris' imminent return for Canterbury Bulldogs to end Will Hopoate's run at fullback Will Hopoate has won more players' player awards than any other Bulldog this season, but the 24-year-old is set to play his final game at fullback on Monday with Brett Morris poised to return for the...
  75. GrogDog

Cheating. Does everyone in the NRL from the hierarchy down to the players know it is happening?

My latest thought: Everyone in the NRL from the hierarchy down to the players know it is happening and are happy for it too......until the press find out. Well one thing has occurred to me. Why is it that no one is screaming up a storm (pun not intended) about Parra's cheating, the fact they...
  76. GrogDog

Bulldogs great Terry Lamb says coach Des Hasler doesn’t get the Canterbury club culture

CANTERBURY great Terry Lamb has questioned coach Des Hasler’s understanding of the Bulldogs’ legendary club culture in the wake of the team’s disappointing loss to archrivals Parramatta on Friday night. Following the club’s fourth loss of the season, Lamb believes the Bulldogs under Hasler...
  77. GrogDog

Join me on a walk through the minefield of Will Hopoate's decision not to play NRL on Sundays Read

Join me on a walk through the minefield of Will Hopoate's decision not to play NRL on Sundays Date March 30, 2016 - 4:18PM Peter FitzSimons Columnist Let's cut to the chase. Let's talk about the news that broke this week that Will Hopoate has told his employers, the Canterbury Bulldogs, that...
  78. GrogDog

Why Newcastle's Mata'utia brothers said no to Canterbury coach Des Hasler

Can't wait for the response to this one woohhoo. For me, how was it going to adversely affect their mother and secondly I just hope the door is firmly shut on these idiots after reneging. I don't rate any of them anyways so another bullet dodged IMO In the end, the Mata'utia brothers put...
  79. GrogDog

Lamb with all the trimmings

Lamb with all the trimmings Terry Lamb played about a thousand games and won as many premierships with David "Cement" Gillespie, but his former Bulldogs teammate dropped so much weight last year he didn't recognise him. "I had no idea who it was," Lamb said. "He looks fantastic." Now...
  80. GrogDog

Canterbury recruit Michael Lichaa 'not trying to be Michael Ennis'

Canterbury recruit Michael Lichaa knows the inevitable question is coming about the man he was brought in to replace in the No.9 jersey. The comparisons have followed him since he announced he would join the Bulldogs from Cronulla. Now settled into his new colours, Lichaa has a point to prove...
  81. GrogDog

'Sports scientist' used the Rabbits as guinea pigs

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/the-fitz-files/sports-scientist-used-the-rabbits-as-guinea-pigs-20141121-11r6y8.html A highly controversial "sports scientist", who was at the centre of an NFL storm after he provided players with "deer antler spray" that they allege contained banned...
  82. GrogDog

Canterbury Bulldogs facing $50,000 fine for grand final late arrival

Canterbury Bulldogs facing $50,000 fine for grand final late arrival Canterbury will be fined a minimum of $50,000 for arriving five minutes late onto the field for the start of the NRL grand final on Sunday. Bulldogs chief executive Raelene Castle provided the NRL's head of marketing Paul...
  83. GrogDog

Browne shrugs off head surgery to make NRL GF

Canterbury Bulldogs prop Tim Browne shrugs off head surgery to make NRL grand final He had a hole in his head the size of golf ball and was told his season was over, but three metal plates and 11 weeks later Tim Browne is preparing for a grand final. Browne, 26, was rushed to hospital...
  84. GrogDog

Let's remember what's important & well done to TH and the dogs!

How Canterbury Bulldogs halfback Trent Hodkinson inspired sick kid Callum Henderson CALLUM Henderson is a name on a kicking tee. And already, you know the story. Of the tee, that is...
  85. GrogDog

2 Free tickets for today's game

G'day guys, Some bad news for me but perhaps some good for you. I bought 2 tickets for the game today for my old man and me for fathers day but unfortunately he is crook and has gout aswell, a bad mix and a huge shame. I have the kids today aswell by myself so that calls it for me. So does...
  86. GrogDog

Trent Hodkinson says chat with Canterbury coach Des Hasler sparked form turnaround

Trent Hodkinson says chat with Canterbury coach Des Hasler sparked form turnaround Trent Hodkinson has revealed a heart-to-heart with Bulldogs coach Des Hasler helped him to turn around his post-Origin dip in form. Hodkinson stepped up in the absence of suspended halves partner Josh...
  87. GrogDog

Hasler on the radio just then.

Hey guys, Just listened to Des on MMM being interviewed by Girds etc. Most of it was cliches as per usual TBH. Des was very articulate instead of his mumbling type things that he usually gives. Brief run down. - Said the guys are a really tight knit group and the Ennis (unrest) thing...
  88. GrogDog

The game that makes or breaks our season?

Tonight I witnessed something I have not seen or have not seen in a long long time....blatant refereeing that decides a game from the first kick off! I do not blame our boys one single bit for tonight's game..absolutely no way at all! I will admit that I have my beer goggles and blue &...
  89. GrogDog

Scheming Hasler unleashes hell on Manly

When Bulldogs skipper Michael Ennis approached coach Des Hasler about not playing in the halves early this week, little did he know it would trigger a masterstroke. With regular halfback Trent Hodkinson on state duty against the Eels three weeks ago, the veteran rake put his hand up to fill...
  90. GrogDog

NSW Origin five-eighth Josh Reynolds a Bulldog who won't roll over for anyone

NSW Origin five-eighth Josh Reynolds a Bulldog who won't roll over for anyone http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nsw-origin-fiveeighth-josh-reynolds-a-bulldog-who-wont-roll-over-for-anyone-20140521-zrkbs.html When you consider his path to the Origin arena, which included a...
  91. GrogDog

Dogs brace for Roosters backlash

Dogs brace for Roosters backlash Bulldogs players are bracing for an Origin-level backlash from dumped Blues pair Mitchell Pearce and James Maloney when the Roosters visit ANZ Stadium on Friday night. Pearce was overlooked by NSW coach Laurie Daley after an expensive night on the tiles...
  92. GrogDog

Queensland led Trent Hodkinson down State of Origin path to New South Wales Blues

Queensland led Trent Hodkinson down State of Origin path to New South Wales Blues NEW Blues halfback Trent Hodkinson has been revealed as a committed Queenslander who once inflicted misery on New South Wales. Hodkinson’s man-of-the-match performance for Queensland Residents in 2009 was...
  93. GrogDog

Inu: Forget the Dog-gone rumours

Bulldogs centre Krisnan Inu has shot down reports that he's on the outer at Belmore, declaring that he isn't even listening to offers to play first grade at other clubs. In camp with Samoa for his first ever appearance for the island nation on Saturday night, the 27-year-old said that even...
  94. GrogDog

MVPs of 2014: Josh Reynolds

As we count down to season 2014, NRL.com identifies 30 players who will be crucial to their team's fortunes this year. From new faces to rising stars to proven performers who will need to lift this season, these are our MVPs for 2014. It's particularly telling that Josh Reynolds was openly...
  95. GrogDog

Dogs V Storm Charity Shield Feb 2014 Brisbane

Radio in Brisbane has started to advertise the Dogs V Storm game at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday, Feb 23 2014. Prices for adults was about the $30 mark. http://www.suncorpstadium.com.au/Event_Info/Events/2014%20Pre-Season%20Charity%20Cup.aspx Although I never go on the gospel of pre-season...
  96. GrogDog

Why Kieran Foran chose Manly over Des Hasler and stayed with the Sea Eagles

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/why-kieran-foran-chose-manly-over-des-hasler-and-stayed-with-the-manly-sea-eagles/story-fni3gnk1-1226731807123 KIERAN Foran has opened up about why he turned down the chance to reunite with Des Hasler at the Bulldogs last year to stay at Manly. He...
  97. GrogDog

To Be The Greatest: Hazem El Masri

To Be The Greatest: Hazem El Masri http://www.nrl.com/to-be-the-greatest-hazem-el-masri/tabid/10874/newsid/74728/default.aspx As the 2013 NRL Telstra Premiership Finals Series hits fever pitch, NRL.com looks back at some of the greatest moments in the history of post-regular season...
  98. GrogDog

Petition to the NRL

Hey guys I am very sorry to open another thread but if everyone agree's with my train of thought I think its important enough to have its own air time. I believe its time for all rugby league fans to let the NRL know how bad and how unacceptable these constant contract breaks are. It is...
  99. GrogDog

Dogs fans reaction to Barba in Round 25 at ANZ v Panthers?

So the long title says it all but I am very interested in seeing what all of you guys think will be the crowd mood towards Ben in round 25 when we play the Panthers at ANZ. And of course this is all provided that he is "not injured" and is playing.
  100. GrogDog

Pritchard, Folau speculation off mark

Sin Bin Reports of Frank Pritchard's exit to Salford and sightings of Israel Folau in the company of outgoing Canterbury chief executive Todd Greenberg at Origin III sparked speculation the Bulldogs may be close to signing the Wallabies star. However, Sin Bin has confirmed Pritchard is not...