Search results

1. GrogDog

Johns brothers tiff

Wow can't believe no-one remembers the Bro's falling out after CH9. Remember when the news got out about some Newie boys tag teaming a chick in a hotel room and Matty was in the room. CH9 sacked Matty and took the high road while Joey didn't support him. Further hypocrisy arose due to Joey had...
  2. GrogDog

Opinion Rd 15 V Parramatta

That's a double movement! Ok i'm done with NRL, seeya guys. Take care.
  3. GrogDog

Hmmmm - the Zen room will be busy this week at Dogs HQ where they can discuss their feelings etc
  4. GrogDog

Time for mass Changes

Maybe so but being folded in half every run doesn't help us.
  5. GrogDog

That was 100% TPJ and nothing else. Glad he got fukin hooked.
  6. GrogDog

Time for mass Changes

Agree but everyone always says fukin Topine. Classic case of can dominate NSW cup but against men get's dominated. No thank you
  7. GrogDog

Time for mass Changes

Well hopefully Wilson being tried at FB in NSW means there's 1 change coming.
  8. GrogDog

Takes a special kind of pathetic to make these Eels look good. Fuk me! Only good thing that happened was CC hooking TPJ!
  9. GrogDog

JAC penalty

I don't need the NRL review/head office or anyone else to tell me what should be what. That's why i've stopped watching all the games and will only watch the Dogs out of loyalty. RIP footy.
  10. GrogDog

Your preferred halfback 2024

Fark, none of them.
  11. GrogDog

Opinion Who would you prefer out of Ben Hunt or Shaun Johnson ?

Ben's career has been way more consistent then Shaun's 2 good seasons like 8 years apart. Yet for me Ben has troubles in big moments at times. Ben by a nose as he's a good #9 as well.
  12. GrogDog

Certain people who now run the game that came from a greed based background unfortunately attribute $$$ with success. Players won't argue however the true people that kept RL alive for over 100 years know that it's the product and the love of the game that made it survive. RL would survive...
  13. GrogDog

I have the usual lost hope that I have with the Dogs with the added lost hope of the sport now too. It no longer matters if you're the better team on the day, I've never seen such one-sided refereeing in all my time. It can longer even be called 50/50 calls. I'm seeing multiple 100/0 calls in...
  14. GrogDog

Yes, hope is not your friend with RL.
  15. GrogDog

Official Reed not charged

And Luai wouldn't been able to play any longer lol
  16. GrogDog

Do the people who say "must win" ever get bored of saying it?
  17. GrogDog

Yeah, it's hard to find any motivation for the game atm.
  18. GrogDog

Suali has done this atleast half a dozen times from my memory, should be attracting about a 10 week suspension IMO. One of the most dangerous things you can do bar an old school spear tackle.
  19. GrogDog

And yet our pussy club will do nothing about it or the constant biased/cheating experienced every bloody week now. I'm actually done tbh, I watch pretty much every game over the weekend and I see so much BS. I've already un-followed all the RL sites on FB I would get info from and now I'm just...
  20. GrogDog

Forward pass or not ?

Yeah I saw it, there's just no point anymore. At worst we get robbed and at best there's an admission by idiot ref boss on Monday that means nothing.
  21. GrogDog

Forward pass or not ?

Looked awkward but no-where near forward. No replay afterwards changed my original thought either. Just another week in National Rort League.
  22. GrogDog

Mahoney out? Brown stood down?

Frizell in SOO and didn't even get a HIA. HIA is just another way these muppets can manipulate the games each week.
  23. GrogDog

Opinion That's all I ever asked for!

I don't think we will ever get a fair called game so we need to take the boxing approach and not leave it in the ref's hands. We need to get that good that we knock out every team.
  24. GrogDog

Official Round 14 vs the Roosters

Lol have seen some heat in that direction and what worries me is the club seems determined to keep him in the halves rain, hail or shine. I base that on the positions we have and signing with regards to centre. I've resisted saying he's a centre but every game bar the odd one his strengths align...
  25. GrogDog

The boys club had an agenda after all the criticism Teddy copped from the SOO game.
  26. GrogDog

I can't shake this feeling that he's a centre and that's it. Centre with a kick but a centre none the less.
  27. GrogDog

Opinion Are we ever gonna lose this us against the world feeling

Doubt it, it's ingrained into the NRL and it's officials now that I doubt they even have to tell them to cheat anymore.
  28. GrogDog

It's never acceptable, every week we get dudded. That's not what this Post is about. Finally we are competing, win or lose instead of rolling over like we use to.
  29. GrogDog

Very very true. Love the analogy. However haven't even seen a glimpse of individual brilliance? Seen that swerving run thing he does that was carving up the kids but not cutting it with men/older kids lol.
  30. GrogDog

I remember thinking that about 15 years ago but here we still are.............
  31. GrogDog

I guess it's early days but can't say I'm beating off about KO. Still yet to see a single thing out of him to justify the talk when we signed him. Don't want to pressure the kid but a little taste by now would have been good. Is the club's mindset that he is out longterm half or are we still...
  32. GrogDog

We lost, I'm annoyed but I'm not pissed off. Long ago there use to be the whole "your not a true fan" argument on here when people would get roasted for pointing out deficiencies. I was/am one of them. I said back then, "All I want is for us to compete win or lose". That's not too much to ask I...
  33. GrogDog

Yeah, RFM offer's zero!!
  34. GrogDog

Opinion Hayze tolman Perham

Long ago I couldn't work out how he's stayed in FG and after watching Joash today make the call CC. It's not that he's bad, it's just that he doesn't offer anything in attack. And your FB has too!
  35. GrogDog

We lost it when Burton passed that shocker with 9min or so left. Didn't think Opo's pass was forward. Loved the incorrect play the ball call on us followed by Lodge (think it was him) played it sideways straight after with no-call. Special note to JAC, more worried about Alamoti's head knock...
  36. GrogDog

Ethan Quai-Ward top 30 effective immediately

Yeah was being tackled, had no visual on anything around him and blindly flicked it out going straight to opposition.
  37. GrogDog

Stupid flick pass was an error.
  38. GrogDog

Must be injured with that thigh guard on. Looked very cumbersome and I hope that's not his normal speed etc. Missed the last 10 minutes though.
  39. GrogDog

Perfect test for us. IMO we should put a score on them and then go above them on the ladder. JAC 4 tries
  40. GrogDog

Kiraz injured at Training

I don't think he had recovered when he came back last time. Either way, Dogs training will surely injure you if your not already!
  41. GrogDog

SOO

Fukin Ref was as if he was reffing a Dogs game. - Penalties in first 15mins, - Api Try, knockon! - Next NSW try, players in front of the kicker and put down looked odd - not checked. - Frizzell HIA? Bloke was basically knocked out and nothing....yet multiple Qld players gone including when...
  42. GrogDog

News The Ock's Remarkable Transformation: From Winger to Dynamic Forward

Biggest bagger of the bloke on here for the last couple seasons (Justified) however under the circumstances of late he has done very well in the forward pack. He definitely is not a starter and at best (If injuries make it so) on the bench to go against tired forwards. Credit to him tbh, he's...
  43. GrogDog

Rumour Alamoti

Geez Alamoti has done more than Perham and that is saying something!
  44. GrogDog

Rumour Alamoti

I'm not 100% sold on him tbh.
  45. GrogDog

Sonny bill nearly crushed to death

Haha fuk me, I've done worse with the kids lego!
  46. GrogDog

Does Burton have the potential to finally be the answer to our long running #7 problem?

Thing is you don't want him as a #7. You want him out wider so he can use his size and pace to make breaks. I suppose these days you can put them anywhere.
  47. GrogDog

News ‘Or else you’re gone...’: The Gus rocket that triggered Dogs enforcer’s shock Origin rise

Very sad watching/playing with a player with so much potential that you'd kill for but for whatever reason they just don't most of the time. She-rex was another one.
  48. GrogDog

Ciraldo’s mid season report

C+ Pass mark with the jury still out.
  49. GrogDog

News Jake Averillo not threatened by Crichton, Xerri, reveals contract status

Don't see why Xerri would have a walk in spot, earn it first. Until then whoever does/has earnt it plays. Pick on form, the way it should be.
  50. GrogDog

News Absolutely farcical’ bunker decision shows that the NRL has lost the plot

There's a Jammer video floating around where he is losing about that pass. That was also a ridiculous decision the way it was heading. Way too many blatantly easy calls made wrong to be coincidence for me.
  51. GrogDog

Hence the boxing adage of knock him out and leave it out of the Umpires decision.
  52. GrogDog

News Reed Mahoney Celebration

Tah, bugger would be nice to strengthen the forward pack before the Rorters game.
  53. GrogDog

Everyone assumes it's just the Ref's deciding on the run but what if it's coming from higher? At Ref level it explains incompetence but there's too many, every week and most games.....it's more intentional and systematic IMO. Last year and this year is the only time I have ever seen most...
  54. GrogDog

We have anyone else back for that game?
  55. GrogDog

Official Injury updates

We expecting anyone else back after the bye against the Rorters??
  56. GrogDog

Wilson should be 14 against Roosters

Love to see what he has in open space and room to move. Pick him at FB for a bit, see how he goes.
  57. GrogDog

That's the sort of win that can lift a team and give belief. No way were they "suppose" to win and very rarely DO the teams getting hammered by calls. They would have felt that more than any and yet they rose and conquered. If that doesn't lift them nothing will! I was on my feet screaming the...
  58. GrogDog

NRL corrupt

I had forgot about the Alamoti try. Yeah I watched that like a hawk and for me, if the bloke has the time to get back up, join the defensive line then it's play on. That was a complete fukin joke that call.
  59. GrogDog

NRL corrupt

Realised a new thing that they've brought in that can easily affect teams and their ability to compete. All they have to do is class a head knock as Cat1 and they automatically sit out next week, possibly 2 due to the 11 days. Another tool to determine the results at their disposal now.
  60. GrogDog

Wilson should be 14 against Roosters

That should be a given IMO but I doubt it will happen tbh.
  61. GrogDog

Official TPJ selected for Blues

Bloke can dominate a game but 1/2 a good game and gets selected?
  62. GrogDog

Official Press Conference Round 12 vs Titans

Maybe Reed was half expecting CC to go off about the Ref and was surprised he conceded straight away. No doubt our first half was terrible, abysmal, embarrassing even. The ref was way fukin worse in his performance. I'll take it but how bad was it when the Ref let us challenge after Reed watched...
  63. GrogDog

Yeah ok, was hard to describe and yeah eye roll wasn't probs best.
  64. GrogDog

People's take on Reed's eye roll/face shrug when CC said "We don't play well" when asked about the first half? Very first question. For me, Reed may have been thinking, bit rough considering the ref and all the incidents against us? Interesting.....
  65. GrogDog

NRL corrupt

Cough up Landy, that's where you come in haha
  66. GrogDog

NRL corrupt

10k in cash, drop it on the table in the presser and fukin unload!
  67. GrogDog

NRL corrupt

Nothing better than a team winning against blatant agenda and cheating. It's very rare to see it and even rare for it to be my team. I hate injustice and I felt that win down to my core. Fuk you NRL! Go Dogs!
  68. GrogDog

Official Round 12 Bulldogs vs Titans Game Day Thread

Finished work and had to watch the recording when I got home. Holy Fuk, that first half I could have killed some c*/t! Seriously between the one-sided cheating ref and then that forearm to Reed farrkkkkk I was ropeable. I honestly said out loud that I wanted the ref to be killed in a car...
  69. GrogDog

TPJ is a powder puff. So much potential and can single handedly change a game but maybe 1 in every 6 games he does it. Is it even 1 in 6?
  70. GrogDog

Max King, considering he's largely been left by himself to face every team is a legend in my book. Minimum wage Prop showing these highly paid princesses what it's about.
  71. GrogDog

Opinion The Gould/Khoury/Warburton regime have combined all of our mistakes from the past decade, and repeated them in the present.

Think he always had it as it shone even through our crap team. I think yeah he could be just as good had he stayed. Never know but.
  72. GrogDog

Yeah just going off the banter upon signing Fox that he wouldn't mind giving it a go. Having him available fulltime to follow the ruck and be available to grab an offload and run the length of the field is enticing. Thought I had read that Wilson had played all his Junior at FB? Could be wrong...
  73. GrogDog

My first choice would be Fox and after that that young kid from last week looked like he could have a go. He certainly didn't deserve being dropped after that debut.
  74. GrogDog

Opinion The Gould/Khoury/Warburton regime have combined all of our mistakes from the past decade, and repeated them in the present.

Solid post. I'd even go back to thinking that Meaney is one of the only blokes I would keep. He always showed promise, even in that abysmal team we had back then. Now look at him. Had we kept the bloke we would have saved 500k per year not getting Crichton and had a FB for the next 10 years..ohh...
  75. GrogDog

News Oloapu to make history as young Bulldogs half

Burton definitely isn't a #7 so they need to go all in with KO so they can settle in. I'm starting to wonder if Burto is even a #6?
  76. GrogDog

Dunno about scapegoat. Young yes but he's had a run and opportunity since Rd1. Until last game he hadn't even made a break. You can waste the #1 jersey on someone that doesn't add to the attack. Especially when #7 was a flop (Flanno), now another rookie and Burton is struggling with what his...
  77. GrogDog

Surely no-way he's misses indigenous round and there is no chance that Fitler admits his mistake, hurts his ego and selects Fox for SOO.
  78. GrogDog

RL is a results proven sport and at this stage most of the jury is still out with regards to Gould and CC. Time will tell. You certainly never hear (for right or wrong) Penrith attributing any of their success to Gould. Most do but I've never seen them acknowledge it. CC is eerily similar yes...
  79. GrogDog

Opinion This Is It!

Problem is our guys have me mentally like previous years. Yes we should and can win this but will we?
  80. GrogDog

We are officially second last

We're exactly where our effort deserves us to be. You can't ignore vital positions like #7 and #1 leading into a season. Had the team worked a little bit more on "Testicular fortitude" instead of "where you come from" and "we are one" then there's about 3 easy games we wouldn't have dropped...
  81. GrogDog

News ‘Headed for divorce’: Hunt tipped for Dragons exit as ‘perfect’ rival club closes in

It's all just wild speculation and if you listen to those idiots on the NRL 360 they're just guessing and throwing darts to make a story up. Now there's a thousand articles trying to convince everyone...........all based on nothing!
  82. GrogDog

FULLBACK HERITAGE

1. Rocket Rod 2. Luke Patten 3. Barbra
  83. GrogDog

Sounds like you have been institionalised for mediocracy by long years of Club excuses and trampled on hope. That's fine that CC has a 5 year plan, so he should. That said, we all know RL Contracts mean less than the dirty poo ticket I flushed today & our club have a big recent history in...
  84. GrogDog

Bulldogs vs Titans

My faith in this team for 2023 has run it's course now. Still my team but not throwing any hope into it. Pretty much same as every year for the past 6 or so.
  85. GrogDog

News 2023 indigenous jersey

Looks nice, the rest of my opinion I'll keep to myself lol
  86. GrogDog

News “A result of performance”: Ciraldo confirms Bulldogs will consider changes, debutants after Warriors loss

IF Perenium is in the team this week then CC has no credibility as far as I'm concerned. There's other issues but this one will be a very good indicator for me.
  87. GrogDog

Something Positive Amongst the Sea of Tripe

Keep him on the wing, drop Perenium and put FOX at FB!
  88. GrogDog

News No more excuses: Why the time has come for the Bulldogs to kick on, starting against the Warriors

Warriors have a grit about them, one we show at times. Simply if we turn up like last week we taste defeat yet again.
  89. GrogDog

Josh Addo-Carr is the most talented winger the Bulldogs have ever had

El Magic then daylight, nightime and then a few more days. Scored them, kicked them and had skills.
  90. GrogDog

Opinion SUPER LEAGUE 2.0

RESPECT is earnt!
  91. GrogDog

‘Cheating of the highest order’: Fuming CEO of Warriors sponsor blasts ‘biased’ NRL refs

Need to look at the bigger picture. This is happening to a few teams and I applaud the sponsor, no-one else inside the club can say anything. The sponsor can tell them to go fuk themselves! This needs to be brought to a head, along with the current NRL fat cats being turfed out.
  92. GrogDog

Social Media Lodge

Didn't we don this a few weeks ago...
  93. GrogDog

Effort and desire.

It's all excuses. Had they turned up with some grit on Friday night we would have rolled the Raiders. The scored flattered both teams. Watching at the ground was way easier of assessing the game then the TV. I watched the replay yesterday and tunnel vision complemented ours's and there...
  94. GrogDog

Opinion SUPER LEAGUE 2.0

Don't think anyone would disagree that during Covid horse head was on the front foot and smashed it. Didn't realise that that action gave him unlimited power and scope to fuk the game up? The game would have risen again even if the NRL folded. Maybe that would have been the best cleanse ever...
  95. GrogDog

Opinion SUPER LEAGUE 2.0

Sad but so true!
  96. GrogDog

Who is our number 1 for next year? (Now for 2024)

I wouldn't argue if Hayze is dropped now to give someone else a go. I'm not convinced with Crichton. Maybe the Fox should have a go. Think Barba, less skill but faster. All he has to do is back up and finish off any offloads from the line not to mentioned finish off any breaks down the middle...
  97. GrogDog

News Mad Dogs

Can defend but not as if attack will suddenly appear just because of a position change. You either have it or you don't. We don't need a hooker who can't attack either. Doesn't make sense. You don't pay big money for a backup hooker when you have an 80 minute hooker and you don't waste 14 jersey...