• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Search results

1. Mr. Ditkovich

Opinion Trent Barret please take note

No doubt in my mind anymore. Not that there ever really was.
  2. Mr. Ditkovich

Opinion Trent Barret please take note

Never change Nasheed. Never change.
  3. Mr. Ditkovich

Kobe Hetherington

He can torque the torque, but can he walk the walk?
  4. Mr. Ditkovich

Napa

I think David stopped having a crack and started having crack.
  5. Mr. Ditkovich

Is Sione Katoa the worst hooker to play for the bulldogs.

Unfortunately I don’t think they’re available for selection until round 11 except for Doorey. I agree though, they’d be better choices.
  6. Mr. Ditkovich

Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

I think every centre has Hoppa covered for speed.
  7. Mr. Ditkovich

DID COTRIC PLAY TODAY?

NRL should fine the club $10k for continuing to play Hoppa after a head injury in the pre season. They should then give us an exemption for Schoupp.
  8. Mr. Ditkovich

DID COTRIC PLAY TODAY?

I don’t think Hoppa passed the ball once in the game yesterday. Every time he got the ball, he dies with it.
  9. Mr. Ditkovich

Is Sione Katoa the worst hooker to play for the bulldogs.

The problem is who is he going to replace them with?
  10. Mr. Ditkovich

Hoppa

Bring Nasheed back. He is a man ahead of his time.
  11. Mr. Ditkovich

I saw some good signs today

What
  12. Mr. Ditkovich

Official Thompson Injured ????

Seemed alright on the bench, so hopefully not too bad.
  13. Mr. Ditkovich

Burton and Averillo are the best halves for dogs 2022 onward

I agree. If Averillo can play like this consistently, and Flanagan doesn’t improve, Burton and Averillo will be the way forward.
  14. Mr. Ditkovich

Opinion 3-2-1 Bulldogs vs Storm

3 - Thompson 2 - DWZ 1 - Averillo Special mention to Topine. Also -3 to both Katoas and Hopoate.
  15. Mr. Ditkovich

Flanagan to Mounties

To be fair, he played good and showed some vision against the Knights, but since then, he’s been rubbish.
  16. Mr. Ditkovich

DID COTRIC PLAY TODAY?

Katoa was much worse than Cotric, but they were both bad this game
  17. Mr. Ditkovich

Flanagan to Mounties

Play Lewis next week. Flanagan had his worst game tonight.
  18. Mr. Ditkovich

Thompson holding his hamstring...
  19. Mr. Ditkovich

Has he thrown a pass all game? He dies with the ball every time he gets it.
  20. Mr. Ditkovich

He’ll come on after the game’s settled down a bit. Hopefully his speed will be able to split them open.
  21. Mr. Ditkovich

Official Last

Extra motivation against the Storm
  22. Mr. Ditkovich

Our best line up for 22

1. Allan 2. JAC 3. 4. Schoupp 5. Cotric 6. Burton 7. Flanagan 8. Thompson 9. 10. Hetherington 11. Elliott 12. Topine 13. Jackson 14. Averillo 15. Doorey 16. (Recruit a big prop) 17. (Recruit a big prop)
  23. Mr. Ditkovich

Bulldogs Rebuild – CEO Aaron Warburton Confident of Success

Refreshing to read, regardless of on field results. It’s good to have an admin that’s not in shambles, views the fans as everything to the team, and have a clear plan that they’ll put into action. The club has sponsors lining up, and players that actually want to come to us. There’s a massive...
  24. Mr. Ditkovich

Not sure about that backline, but with all the injuries and lack of depth, we don’t have many options. I’d go: 1. Allan 2. DWZ 3. Cotric 4. Hopoate 5. Katoa
  25. Mr. Ditkovich

Jake Simpkin

Got sin binned today so no thanks. I’d rather Katoa for another 2 years until Grant comes onto the market.
  26. Mr. Ditkovich

IS there really any point in playing this game this week?

I go into every game thinking we have a chance. Hopefully some combinations click this week and we can get some points.
  27. Mr. Ditkovich

BELLAMY’S FUTURE A FACTOR IN STORM STAR’S NEXT MOVE

Has anyone thought of playing Papenhuyzen at 9? He’s fast, but haven’t seen much of his passing. Could be what we’re missing. A spine of: 1. Averillo 6. Burton 7. Flanagan 9. Papenhuyzen would be in the top 16 of the comp.
  28. Mr. Ditkovich

3-2-1 v Souffs Round 4

I’d tell my sister to open up a dentist in Redfern, but it’d be out of business in a day. Maybe she should just work at a petrol station there, they seem to be going alright.
  29. Mr. Ditkovich

Cody Walker is a dog

I don’t think sucking requires teeth...
  30. Mr. Ditkovich

Round 5 Team

Hopefully Doorey or Topine get a shot there.
  31. Mr. Ditkovich

Jake Averillo at 1?

At this stage, his best position for the club going forward is fullback, but he needs to learn it in reserves. His development has been hindered by skipping NSW cup and going straight to the NRL.
  32. Mr. Ditkovich

Storm Rd 5

He scored more in 10 minutes than we did the whole season.
  33. Mr. Ditkovich

Round 5 Team

1. Allen 2. DWZ 3. Cotric 4. Hopoate 5. Katoa 6. Averillo 7. Flanagan 8. Thompson 9. Katoa 10. Hetherington 11. Elliott 12. Waddell 13. Jackson 14. Topine 15. Atoni 16. Ogden 17. Napa / C. Smith This is probably the most realistic team for next week. Hopefully we can get some exemptions to...
  34. Mr. Ditkovich

Barrett the worst coach in NRL history

I agree. Baz knew the situation and joined us anyway, so I’m putting faith in him that he can get us out of this mess. If by the end of next there is little to no improvement, then I can understand calls to sack him, but he’s only 4 games into his tenure with very little to work with.
  35. Mr. Ditkovich

Cody Walker is a dog

He should miss minimum 10 weeks. But he won’t miss 10 minutes. We all know why. Absolute grub.
  36. Mr. Ditkovich

Do we have 21 available players to pick next week?

I didn’t watch the game, but read that Meaney, Lewis and Hetherington might miss next week’s game. Do we even have 21 available players?
  37. Mr. Ditkovich

Sharks in 2014 were scoreless for 3 full games in a row, and 322 minutes in a row all together.
  38. Mr. Ditkovich

News 2021 was the year the Dogs were meant to show bite.

https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/the-target-was-always-2022.117254/ It was fairly obvious that the previous board were aiming for 2022 when they began signing everyone to 2 year deals expiring at the end of 2021. What’s one more year when we’ve already waited 5.
  39. Mr. Ditkovich

Round 4 Bulldogs V Souths - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Who would you replace them with? We have basically no depth with injuries and suspension.
  40. Mr. Ditkovich

Round 4 Bulldogs V Souths - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

I think they sponsor the number, not the player.
  41. Mr. Ditkovich

4 plays that stifled our attack (Round 3)

What I took from this is that players are in the correct positions most of the time, but the wrong options are being taken, especially by Flanagan. Keep the analysis coming @Aristidiz , it’s been great so far.
  42. Mr. Ditkovich

News Barrett blasts Bulldogs' failure to stick to plan

And replace them with who?
  43. Mr. Ditkovich

4 Moments That Broke Us

That was Elliott’s fault. It was a shocking pass and was too forward for Flanagan to comfortably catch it.
  44. Mr. Ditkovich

Round 4 team

I’d rather upgrade Schoupp to replace Hopoate. He’s one of the biggest defensive liabilities in our team currently.
  45. Mr. Ditkovich

News Jackson and Atoni charged by match review committee

Was that the one where he “tackled with excessive force”? Imagine getting fined for tackling too hard.
  46. Mr. Ditkovich

Can we make a consolidated doom and gloom thread?

This team is... good team. Must be in some kind of trouble.
  47. Mr. Ditkovich

SACK BARRETT!!!!

Reminded me of Tolman when he did that. Unfortunately he’s starting to look like Tolman 2.0.
  48. Mr. Ditkovich

Averillo VS Burton

He completely skipped reserves, which now seems to have done him more harm than good. I’d stick him at fullback in NSW cup for the rest of the season to let him develop properly.
  49. Mr. Ditkovich

Realistic team for 2022

No. No more players playing out of position. In the backline you named, only DWZ is in the correct position, and maybe Cotric. I think: 1. Allen 2. JAC 3. Schoupp 4. Cotric 5. DWZ Would be better and we wouldn’t have to spend much more on the backline. Agree that we need to splurge on some...
  50. Mr. Ditkovich

Can we make a consolidated doom and gloom thread?

All these new threads are cluttering the forum.
  51. Mr. Ditkovich

Realistic team for 2022

I’m happy with our halves for next year, especially with Burton joining. I don’t think it would be wise to spend any more money on the 1-7.
  52. Mr. Ditkovich

Opinion Switching teams

I think you just pulled a Nasheed
  53. Mr. Ditkovich

Realistic team for 2022

1. Allen 2. JAC 3. Cotric 4. Schoupp 5. DWZ (I’d rather Cotric play here if we can get another centre) 6. Burton 7. Flanagan 8. Thompson 9. 10. 11. Elliott 12. (Doorey maybe? Not Waddell) 13. Jackson 14. Averillo 15. Hetherington 16. 17. We need a 9, a big starting prop who can get us on...
  54. Mr. Ditkovich

Today is the first time I’ve turned off the game midway through

Turned it off after the second Broncos try. Absolutely shocking performance. I don’t see us winning another game this year. Help us 2022, you’re our only hope.
  55. Mr. Ditkovich

Flanagan to Mounties

Bring in any half behind our non-existent forward pack and they’d play the same.
  56. Mr. Ditkovich

SACK BARRETT!!!!

Relax. It’s 3 games into the season.
  57. Mr. Ditkovich

Opinion The sin bin!

If that was the rule, we’d have half our team off every time Cummins officiates us.
  58. Mr. Ditkovich

Official Press Conference - Round 3 v Broncos

Would you rather he calls them trash and lose the confidence of the playing group?
  59. Mr. Ditkovich

Matt Burton's kicking game

As individual players yes, but for the team, I disagree. I think they were missing some of the direction Cleary provides. At times, you could tell there were 2 5/8ths on the field.
  60. Mr. Ditkovich

News Matt Burton wants out

I don’t know how they’ll justify keeping May on the bench instead of Burton.
  61. Mr. Ditkovich

Round 3 Bulldogs V Broncos - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

I took it as him meaning a more accurate result based on how the team played, and probably would’ve been the score if DWZ didn’t do that high shot. Didn’t sound like he was referring to anything the referees did.
  62. Mr. Ditkovich

Your way too early 2021 State of Origin teams?

Agreed. Des turned him into Tolman 2.0
  63. Mr. Ditkovich

Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

If, and it’s a big if, he’s able to trim down and get his fitness up enough to be able to play 80 minutes at hooker, I wouldn’t mind this. I’d only be concerned about how much the club offered him.
  64. Mr. Ditkovich

Absolutely. I want him here this year, but that was on the basis he would stay in reserve grade for the majority of the season. Playing first grade would only help him improve, and hopefully he plays so good that Penrith have no choice but to at least play him from the bench.
  65. Mr. Ditkovich

Trent Barret to shift Averillo on the wing and bring Lewis in.

You should be banned from posting rumours.
  66. Mr. Ditkovich

If Burton gets snubbed, Panthers can’t say they’re keeping him for depth anymore.
  67. Mr. Ditkovich

Round 3 Bulldogs V Broncos - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

So are some of our other forwards judging by the last couple of games. You can’t tell me he’ll do worse than Napa’s 37 metres last week.
  68. Mr. Ditkovich

Opinion Our roster

Atoni, Ogden, maybe JMK(depth)
  69. Mr. Ditkovich

Reflecting on the past 2 rounds who is your best 17 for round 3?

Our issue is our props and bench. I’d drop Napa for Ava, but there’s not much else we can do until Thompson comes back. Maybe also play Waddell on the edge and put RFM on the bench as part of the middle rotation. Round 5: 8. Thompson 10. Hetherington 14. Ogden 15. Atoni 16. RFM 17. Ava
  70. Mr. Ditkovich

Napa should never play again

Add Katoa and Hopoate to that.
  71. Mr. Ditkovich

Opinion Attack

I think Averillo has been hampered by moving straight up to first grade and skipping reserve grade last year. I’d put Lewis at 6 for this year and have Averillo play fullback in reserve grade. We’re not getting very far this year anyway, so might as well prepare for next year.
  72. Mr. Ditkovich

It’s a good thing half the players are off contract next season

Current team I’d have for next year: 1. Allan 2. Cotric 3. 4. 5. JAC 6. Burton 7. Flanagan 8. 9. 10. Thompson 11. Elliot 12. RFM 13. Jackson 14. Averillo 15. Atoni 16. 17.
  73. Mr. Ditkovich

Round 2 Bulldogs V Panthers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Katoa should never play another game at hooker
  74. Mr. Ditkovich

Is this meant to make the game faster?
  75. Mr. Ditkovich

I hope Penrith don’t make it very far this year. Holding Burton out of spite at this stage. He’d make the 17 at every team, including Penrith.
  76. Mr. Ditkovich

Did the Panthers player just pass off the ground after being tackled?
  77. Mr. Ditkovich

Except for the blatant knock on that was called as a knock back
  78. Mr. Ditkovich

I think it was the Australian team from the lower grades
  79. Mr. Ditkovich

Tackling probably. Hopefully he can replicate his form last week, or else we won’t be scoring many points.
  80. Mr. Ditkovich

Official Trent Barrett Mid-Week Press Conference | Round 2 v Panthers

One thing that really stood out is Barrett saying that everything stems from the middle third when referring to Penrith’s forwards. Shows that he knows we have an issue with the forwards, and it’s probably one of the first things he’ll be looking to rectify for next year.
  81. Mr. Ditkovich

News Paul Alamoti Re-signs with Canterbury

The winger can be Cotric. 1. Allan 2. JAC 3. Schoupp 4. Alamoti 5. Cotric 6. Burton 7. Flanagan Not a bad backline
  82. Mr. Ditkovich

News Bulldogs Considering Referee Action

That first paragraph is what I’ve been saying since the 6 again was introduced. Only in the attacking half, otherwise it doesn’t benefit the team much. Also, only make it for ruck infringements.
  83. Mr. Ditkovich

Opinion If we win this week it’s because

Until next week when they want him sacked again
  84. Mr. Ditkovich

Deitz was only allowed to play because JMK was injured, but now that he’s back, he can’t be picked until after round 10
  85. Mr. Ditkovich

Opinion Should we ask for a exemption for Paul almoti

Turns 18 in February, so there’s not much point. I’d rather he plays NSW cup for the rest of the year to get him ready for the NRL next year.
  86. Mr. Ditkovich

Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

2 minute mark of the linked video
  87. Mr. Ditkovich

How did we manage to sign him? He looks like a future Dally M winning 5/8. Has footwork, speed, a kicking game, a running game, can break tackles, and can read the play.
  88. Mr. Ditkovich

Brandon Smith or bust

Brandon Smith is not the answer at 9. I know we need a 9 for next season, but there’s no point spending that amount of coin on a lock who wants to play 9.
  89. Mr. Ditkovich

We got reffed out of the game!

Combination of errors and refereeing.
  90. Mr. Ditkovich

Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

They’ve been carried up the field all game but we haven’t even had a 6 again yet.
  91. Mr. Ditkovich

It's Rock or Bust for Trent Barrett.

Yeah you’re definitely Nasheed. Removed any doubt from anyone’s mind after this post.