• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Search results

1. Chris Harding

Official Bulldogs Harold Matthews Cup 2021

Interesting that they are listed alphabetically by their first names. Is Yousef El-Masri related to Haz?
  2. Chris Harding

On that Laundy Money

I spoke directly to Arthur, who I have known since the late 70s. He is serious about not wanting to be involved if certain cliques get their way at the Dogs.
  3. Chris Harding

The Aerosexual Thread

Savannahlander at Almaden
  4. Chris Harding

The Aerosexual Thread

Mornington Island. Rex SAAB
  5. Chris Harding

The Aerosexual Thread

I remember it happening. He didn't know that the wheel well door opened to allow the wheel to retract. Would have been crushed by the wheel, anyway. If you visit the Qantas Founders Museum in Longreach, they give you a close up tour of their 707 and 747, and explain all about the various bits...
  6. Chris Harding

The Aerosexual Thread

Switzerland is not on the horizon for 2021 - maybe 2022 I am hosting a tour of the dinosaur country around Winton, Hughenden, Richmond commencing May 18. We begin with the "Spirit of the Outback" from Brisbane to Longreach -also visiting the Qantas Founders Museum. September I'm hosting an...
  7. Chris Harding

The Aerosexual Thread

This is on the other side of that tunnel. Our hotel is in the distance. Nice and handy to the station; and an excellent bar, and dining room.
  8. Chris Harding

The Aerosexual Thread

Here's one I took a few years ago, on one of my Swiss tours. That's the Landwasser Viaduct, on the way to St.Moritz
  9. Chris Harding

The Aerosexual Thread

It's just one of the fleet. They had everything from missile launchers to troop carriers.
  10. Chris Harding

Official Andrew Hill quits

I just hope that he hasn't quit because of pressure from rival factions to take over the club.
  11. Chris Harding

The Aerosexual Thread

Here's a little something for rail fans. We ride this fella on my Outback Qld tours. This is at Normanton - the old Gulflander.
  12. Chris Harding

The Aerosexual Thread

13. Chris Harding

The Aerosexual Thread

Reminds me of the Bristol Brabazon
  14. Chris Harding

The Aerosexual Thread

What about the Soviet Ekranoplan?
  15. Chris Harding

The Aerosexual Thread

I remember seeing them fly into Sydney; often the glide path took them over our home in Belmore. Always thought they looked wierd. Constellations were their main long haul competitor, and were my preferred plane for looks, until the De Havilland Comet came along. Also loved the look of the...
  16. Chris Harding

The Aerosexual Thread

Japan's largest loco type. A "Hudson" for passenger operation. Mechanical stoker, but hand fired for the museum shuttles. These were their top express engines ,and very fast.
  17. Chris Harding

Is this the world's best watch?

I visited the Patek Phillipe shop in Geneva. They have watches that cost well over $250,000 US. The manager told me he once had a Saudi prince come in and buy 28 of them as gifts for for his relatives.
  18. Chris Harding

News Brett Dallas faces 25 YEARS jail

A sensational headline would be "Bulldog Star Faces Gaol".
  19. Chris Harding

News KENNEL CLEAN-OUT ON THE CARDS

Their. It's their, not there.
  20. Chris Harding

US Riots

Sowed refers to planting of seeds. Sewed is for fabrics.
  21. Chris Harding

America Presidential Election Thread

Rubbish. Trump stonewalled and accused the media of fakery. He sent out stooges to answer questions, and they acted according to his own propaganda scripts - telling the most obvious falsehoods, while Trump sat on his arse and tweeted lies, insults, and fakery on social media. He couldn't...
  22. Chris Harding

A difference between protests and sedition. BLM didn't smash their way into the Capitol building, and storm the halls of the Reps and Senate. Can you imagine the cries from the Trumptards if they had? Where were the military and home defence yesterday? They were all over the place, knocking...
  23. Chris Harding

This is the standard fake response the Trumptards and flat earthers use all the time. Just make an accusation without evidence, and repeat it until someone believes it. A sensible person can't argue back until they've checked the facts, by which time, the Trumptards are dancing around yelling...
  24. Chris Harding

In the USA, you never know who is armed, and who will fire the first shot. I'm glad that the mob didn't turn it into a shooting gallery; but they all knew that storming the Senate and trashing the democracy of the country was as serious as it gets. They were trying to prevent the count and...
  25. Chris Harding

What Trump has done is sedition. Even if it makes him a martyr, he has to be arrested and tried - along with all the idiots who stormed the Capitol. To do nothing is to sanction this behavior, and create a precedent the US doesn't want to face again. Interesting that the Democrats have shown...
  26. Chris Harding

He won't face the press because he can't control the narrative. He only wants to talk to his adoring misfits, because the rest of America has shown him they don't care a fig for his lies and disorder. Trump needs to be surrounded by adoring fans. Like all narcissists, he can't handle criticism.
  27. Chris Harding

US Riots

Trump has creditors and tax agents after him. Another term as President would see immunity extended, and these problems disappear. He is desperate to hold off the consequences of losing a second term, which is why he is prepared to allow anything to happen if it helps his cause. He has no...
  28. Chris Harding

Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

We can confirm it's a rumour.
  29. Chris Harding

Advance Australia Fair lyric change

As a "leftie" who is happy with the change, I can tell you that it's not "lefties" but precious princesses, like the Karens, who have to have an issue to make them feel superior to smarter people. Many people resistant to change are very conservative, or driven by their religion - hardly lefties.
  30. Chris Harding

News Anything Chinese

I buy hifi gear from reputable Chinese manufacturers. They are high quality, hand assembled products - beautifully made; and a third the price I'd pay if they were made in Italy, the USA, Britain, or Australia. What we're seeing with China is what we've seen in Japan, Taiwan, Korea. As they...
  31. Chris Harding

News Anything Chinese

I once did six weeks of continuous work (7 days per week) starting at 6.00am and finishing at 5.30pm. Never again.
  32. Chris Harding

News Anything Chinese

Use protection, then you don't have to worry whether she has a boy or a girl.
  33. Chris Harding

Mitchell Pearce wedding to Kristin Scott called off over text message scandal

We sell papers. Readership goes up when it's the Dogs.
  34. Chris Harding

And let's not forget that, at the same time, a Dragons fan was setting off red flares amongst the crowd at their home games, and the Nine commentators were chuckling at the red smoke clouding the area, saying that is the sign of a great supporter.
  35. Chris Harding

That would depend on whether she encouraged him, or he just decided to hit on her. Some guys think their attention is always welcome, especially if they are "stars" and on good money. The details are still sketchy. Let's wait and see if the Knights do take the captaincy off him, then we'll...
  36. Chris Harding

News Bulldogs tipped for late Benji Marshall play after Burton release attempt falls through

Faster acceleration, which is why Barba could take off after catching a high ball, and run around the defenders.
  37. Chris Harding

2021. A new beginning.

Japan is hoping to host the 2020 Olympics in 2021. Let's hope we don't repeat our 2020 season again in 2021.
  38. Chris Harding

Happy New Year!

I had a quality Swiss watch that did that. Bought it from a reliable dealer in Zurich. Days went up to 33. No wonder it was heavily discounted.
  39. Chris Harding

War with China.....Is on the cards

Not dealing with China isn't an option for poor countries that need investment. This is where China is winning with its Belt and Road initiatives. We need to find a way not to give China that power; but it will mean supporting third world countries when we are cutting back on foreign aid...
  40. Chris Harding

The Russians had a joke about war with China. Day 1 - Russia surges over the border and captures one million prisoners Day 2 - Further advances. Three million prisoners captured. Resources stretched to accommodate all prisoners. Day 3 - More territory conquered. Twenty million prisoners captured...
  41. Chris Harding

An ex military man only thinks in military terms. Molan has no idea what the Biden administration will do regarding China; and we have to wait many years for our new fighter jets and submarines before we can defend ourselves. China doesn't need military solutions, it is winning the economic...
  42. Chris Harding

MY BLOODS BOILING! Why are blokes buying utes when they don't need em?

Bury them? You just let the grass grow over them, and mark where they are with a shopping trolley.
  43. Chris Harding

Pronouns - he, she, they, their, them.?

I really get riled up when people take offence on somebody else's behalf- especially when they have no idea what the person they are purporting to stand up for really thinks. I ask them, what culture is being offended, and in what way it is an offence. They usually have no idea about the...
  44. Chris Harding

It's not a left or right thing - it's entitled people being precious. Normal people understand that we make genuine mistakes, but there are people who have had it too easy in life, and want to feel underprivileged so they have a cause to stand up for - as long as it's all about them...
  45. Chris Harding

Is GOLD the ultimate in luxury?

You want gold plating for hifi terminals and connectors. It won't tarnish, and is a good conductor for signals. I'd stick to copper for speaker leads - somewhere between 14 and 10 AGW. Silver is a slightly better conductor, but can sound bright on most systems, and costs a heap - like up to...
  46. Chris Harding

I used to work with a Mrs. Love - she didn't mind being called that. Neither did Mrs. B White mind that a popular Christmas carol mentioned her name- "May all your Christ,Mrs. B. White".
  47. Chris Harding

I had a customer who fitted that character. He wanted to be addressed as a lady, wore women's clothing, but still had a full beard.
  48. Chris Harding

That's still the minority. You haven't said anything wrong if you use gender pronouns, unless someone first asks you to use something different. Then it's the same as someone asking you to call them by their nickname, or common name, instead of their given name - eg: "Don't call me Aloysius...
  49. Chris Harding

I've always thought that a twin cab ute is the perfect Aussie family car. Got room for the kids, with the comfort of a sedan. Enough room in the back for everything you need; and enough clearance to get to most places off the sealed road. Only problem is they're a lot more expensive than a...
  50. Chris Harding

You can park in a loading zone with a ute.
  51. Chris Harding

Opinion Nick Cotric vs Greatest Canterbury Centers.

Great in defence as well as attack.
  52. Chris Harding

Opinion Nick Cotric vs Greatest Canterbury Centers.

Quite so. I'd add Johnny Greaves to that list.
  53. Chris Harding

Sign of ado carr early release?

JAC wanted to come to Sydney to be with his family. Why would he run back to Victoria and not have Christmas with his family, if they are his No 1 priority? We may be reading too much into his decision to stay. Besides, if he does play for the Storm next year, why do we care if he misses some...
  54. Chris Harding

News Bulldogs tipped for late Benji Marshall play after Burton release attempt falls through

Benji has skill and experience. He can win a game in the final 20 minutes. How many players do we have who can do that for us? Even if we kept him as a bench player, to bring on in the final minutes of each half, we'd be better off than the dud performances of the past four years.
  55. Chris Harding

Dressing room politics; second-year syndrome: Question every coach must answer

Good summation, especially the bit about our politically charged board. Realistic in its suggestion that top eight should not be the goal, but forming a team that will take us to a future GF. Demanding a top eight spot is more in the realm of politics than forging a team. It leads to sackings...
  56. Chris Harding

SHOTS FIRED! Emergency response required

Check out The Auto Expert, John Cadogan - he has a bit to say about buying Range Rovers. He has a pretty good and sensible Youtube channel.
  57. Chris Harding

News Two sons of Bulldogs guns shoot for NRL stars

Doesn't it make you feel old to see the sons of players you supported now playing in the NRL?
  58. Chris Harding

News Two sons of Bulldogs guns shoot for NRL stars

Where does Pricey live these days? If the Cowboys are near home for the kid, that would be a big reason.
  59. Chris Harding

Team for round 1

Good to see someone thinks Lewis has a role in the club. He has potential, and I think Barrett may be able to develop the talent he has.
  60. Chris Harding

Official Cleary crushes Bulldogs’ hopes of early release for young gun

Can't see Cleary wanting to "develop" a player going to a rival club. This is more a back up option, in case something happens to his main players during the season. I guess we'd feel the same if one of our better players wanted to leave a year early.
  61. Chris Harding

The Bulldogs have splurged $4 million on two wingers. It’s the gamble they had to take

Agree; we've paid more for players who were not up to Cotric's standard. I think he'll deliver us what we need.
  62. Chris Harding

BULLDOGS UPGRADE

I can't see us going back to "the Berries" or "CBs".
  63. Chris Harding

Great idea to save money

My kids are in their 40s. They don't fall for the Santa Claus line anymore.
  64. Chris Harding

Burger Lovers get your arse in here NOW!

That's the Kyoto Railway Museum, if I'm not mistaken. First loco to run in Japan.
  65. Chris Harding

Official Josh Addo-Carr joins the pack

It's been on the Herald website for a few hours.
  66. Chris Harding

I've renewed my membership.
  67. Chris Harding

Big Mac, Fries, and Coke are international words, and need no translation. It's the same in every language.
  68. Chris Harding

I've seen the Maccas in Japan, but not eaten them. I prefer Japanese food. (Not a big fan of raw octopus, though). You can get hamburgers from vending machines over there. No kidding. Put in your money, and wait - it gives a countdown while the patty is microwaved, added to the bun, sauced...
  69. Chris Harding

Does Maccas offer them? My local bakery at Birrong makes great buns, which I use when I make my own hamburgers.
  70. Chris Harding

Is there any such thing as a witch?

I get it. A mate introduced me to some stuff about Aboriginal stories out in the bush. We cleared out an old bora ground, replaced the stones, sang some songs, and lit a fire for the spirits. We had a dry camp - no alcohol, no drugs - yet I saw some stuff that does not make sense in this world...
  71. Chris Harding

I'll wait until they can find a bun that isn't soggy, and doesn't spill the contents out the back on the first bite. We used to toast the inside of hamburger buns for good old Aussie hamburgers so they would hold their contents.
  72. Chris Harding

Be our bloody luck that Smith will blitz us first time we meet.
  73. Chris Harding

Well, this was surprise for me, as I had expected he would go to the Bunnies. This signing has the potential to attract other top line players. Let's just hope he doesn't walk out on us to the Chooks after one year.
  74. Chris Harding

Hangovers have the same effects.
  75. Chris Harding

Would you have had the same reaction if your friend hadn't already put the idea into your head? There was a phenomena about headaches caused by windfarms. People who were anti-windfarm had all sorts of reasons why they didn't want them, but headaches from subsonic sound pressure was never...
  76. Chris Harding

News NRL announces rule changes to make game more entertaining

Every year we see crack downs in the first couple of rounds - and we're usually the unfortunate mugs who lose a game because of it. Then the crackdowns just melt away, and it's back to normal for the rest of the season.
  77. Chris Harding

THAT SHOULD KEEP THE MEXICANS OUT.
  78. Chris Harding

News Arthur Laundy caps year with $35m purchase of Bidwill Hotel

Goodwill and licensing make hotels very expensive purchases. The license gives you territory where no-one else can sell liquor, and the pokies are a guaranteed money spinner; and the rights don't come cheap.
  79. Chris Harding

How did you prepare for La Nina?

Clear out roofing gutters and downpipes.
  80. Chris Harding

Things you collect

I keep telling my wife that my collections of railway books and model trains are worth good money. She replies "No they're not, because you'll never sell them."
  81. Chris Harding

News Where Brandon smith could land and why

Storm have the attitude that, if they can't keep a good player beyond their contract, they're not going to release them early then have to play against them.
  82. Chris Harding

Official Bulldogs Business Update: December

Dojo is commonly referred to the training room. Originally it was the spirit of the room, but nowadays just refers to the room itself.
  83. Chris Harding

Ancestry and heritage

That would indicate some Celtic heritage in your bloodline.
  84. Chris Harding

Brandon Smith contract news: Storm grants star early release

Alco made some very fine locomotives over their time. They started out as the Rogers Locomotive Company in New York. The diesel destroying "Niagaras" of the New York Central, and "Big Boys" of the Union Pacific are outstanding examples of their work. If Smith is similar, he'll be a great player.
  85. Chris Harding

Brandon Smith contract news: Storm grants star early release

Some secret, if virtually every club and the Daily Telegraph know about it.
  86. Chris Harding

Is Barrett our greatest ever coach in the NRL era?

Sorry, mate. I only saw two that mentioned you. Your post makes no sense; and you know that we can't answer it until there are wins on the board. But I'll give you credit for getting so many responses, which seems to be your intention.
  87. Chris Harding

Ancestry and heritage

We have reason to think that my great grandma was a lady of ill repute, so who knows. My grandmother was born three years after her "father" died. I still think the Ancestory mob are gaming the system; it costs a small fortune to do proper DNA investigation, and takes months. CSI has a lot to...
  88. Chris Harding

News James Graham

After living here it's a bit of a shock to go back to the UK and see the old country through fresh eyes. With Brexit and Covid, as well as the onset of the appalling British winter conditions, it's no wonder they feel homesick for Oz.
  89. Chris Harding

Growing Pains

You have the right attitude. Some improvement is all we can hope for, and what we should expect. If there is no improvement on this year the fans will walk, and the club will be taken over by vested interests who see the club as a way to make a bit of easy money.
  90. Chris Harding

Ancestry and heritage

These charts from Ancestry all give similar results. Yours almost parallels my family's chart, and we are Anglo Irish / German descent. Yet it said we had African and Indian heritage. My sister sent a second sample, and suddenly we were Middle Eastern instead of Indian. They use very vague...
  91. Chris Harding

The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Etiquette on trains has declined:- People who put their feet on seats. People who want to have a picnic breakfast on their way to work. People who do their make-up while travelling. People who leave their rubbish behind. People who ignore the "sit here" signs, or refuse to wear masks. People...
  92. Chris Harding

Or people in dark clothing walking on poorly lit roads.
  93. Chris Harding

It's not "boomers" who post these rants; it's neo Nazis and white supremacists who are trying to recruit new members by pretending to be ordinary concerned citizens. It appeals to rednecks, and people who need others to do their thinking for them.
  94. Chris Harding

Captured.

You'd send this year's first grade side?
  95. Chris Harding

Science Stuff

Every time you use your phone, or car you are experiencing science. Think of the minds who made those objects the things they are today. Also think about the pioneers whose clumsy first attempts were eventually perfected into the things we use today. They were no different from yourself - and...
  96. Chris Harding

Science Stuff

This "Scotty". He is the largest T-Rex found to date. Larger than "Sue", but nowhere near as complete. "Sue" was the model used for the Jurassic Park franchise. Scotty is on display until next March, at the Australian Museum in William Street, opposite Hyde Park, Sydney. Another large...
  97. Chris Harding

There is real science, and there is pseudo science. Then there is belief, where science has no part. Believers will use the term "science", and scientific sounding terms to give credibility to their cause; but it's window dressing, and cannot stand up to scrutiny - which is why they quickly...
  98. Chris Harding

Science Stuff

No, you're pretty well spot on with the story. If you have a short wave radio you will hear static between stations as you turn the tuning dial - that is the Cosmic Microwave Background you're hearing. The sad thing is that we can only detect what has reached us. Some stuff is so far away now...