• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Search results

1. bradyk

News Fox sports 20 bold predictions for 2021- Bulldogs to make the eight

Bold predictions, they don't think they'll happen, <50% chance at best (some of them closer to 10% chance). Some people like running with a couple of these to be different, e.g. Bulldogs to make the 8.
  2. bradyk

The hooker position

Hectic cheese
  3. bradyk

Opinion JAC,Burton and Mansour.

Mansour can go to the Tigers.
  4. bradyk

Opinion Widdop for 300k

Five-eighth and fullback (barely).
  5. bradyk

Opinion Widdop for 300k

We already have Burton and Flanagan from 2022 (at worst) onwards.
  6. bradyk

Josh Addo Carr speculation thread

I don't think you're going to find greener pastures than JAC Tigers/Hagipantelis :D .
  7. bradyk

Other News Source JAC four year deal

"above 2m" was what was reported. 600k a year would be 2.4m which would be above 2m. 700k a year would be 2.8m and you'd think they'd say "shy of 3m" or something like that. I'd be happy with anything between 600-700k. If it turned out to be 550-600k a year that'd be perfect and a really good...
  8. bradyk

"Those thinking this is a Wests Tigers blunder are mistaken. Reality is Addo-Carr was told he’s worth 800K by new manager and asked for a release. Tigers offer of 600k is bang on. He is staying at Storm because they have given him extra 100K and backs himself to get top $$ in 2022". This is from...
  9. bradyk

We spent 650k for Cotric and JAC is the better player. Anything in the 600-700k range is good value for a team in our position imo. 600k would be fantastic. With how our salary cap is managed, with Averillo, Burton and Flanagan (we still need a hooker), we're able to spend money elsewhere. As...
  10. bradyk

If it was closer to 3m you'd think he'd use 3m instead of 2m. It's probably slightly over 2m. 600k a year is in the realistic range.
  11. bradyk

@Bulldogs09 Lets trot!
  12. bradyk

Who will be the last 3 signings for 2021 ?

A transfer fee would be outside the salary cap which you'd think wouldn't be an issue for us if we're one of the top clubs in Sydney.
  13. bradyk

Opinion YES or NO...foaluma ?

That's what I'm thinking for 2022 assuming Hopoate drops off next year (or Schoupp's banging the door down). I still think Hopoate can be valuable, but we'll see. If Okunbor continues his form from his last few games this year then he's probably good enough to be there in 2022 too. We're also...
  14. bradyk

Cotric is the only one there that could play wing for a top 8 team tho, he's also a centre for us next year. Hopoate and Averillo can't play wing. I don't know about Schoupp. DWZ hit or miss. Terrible this year. Okunbor out with an ACL and outside metres gained he's also rocks and diamonds. It's...
  15. bradyk

I didn't say B. Smith isn't impactful for the Storm with what he's doing, that's all he's doing with his limited ~35 minutes during the finals series, just I don't think he's directly affecting JAC as much as others, JAC would be fine without him.
  16. bradyk

and we're short a winger with Okunbor's ACL. It doesn't make sense.
  17. bradyk

B. Smith has little to no impact on JAC when comparing him to other players they have, but bring him here too.
  18. bradyk

Hopoate was also at the end of a back ended deal, his extension for next year would be quite less than what he was on this year (not sure if there are others like this). Averillo would be somewhere between minimum wage and a decent contract (you could probably say 300k to be safe). Elliott was...
  19. bradyk

Losses: Cogger, Foran, Holland, Lafai, Montoya, Reimis, Sue, Tolman ~3.5m Gains: Cotric, Flanagan, Hetherington, Waddell ~1.5m Roumanos, T. Katoa and Harding promoted (minimum wage) We have plenty to spend still imo (I mean look yourself). Foran almost covers all of our gains alone.
  20. bradyk

The club won't pay JAC 800k, it'll be between 600-700k, I can't see them offering more. I also don't think JAC will be bought for fullback, Averillo will play there. You might as well pay a little extra for the best winger in the world than pay overs for Nofaluma imo. We did it for Cotric...
  21. bradyk

Instagram.
  22. bradyk

Just 4 Fun......Which NRL club’s fans are the biggest whingers? :)

Being in decline for 3 years probably caused that. We'll be back.
  23. bradyk

Our 1, 6 and 7 are sorted unless Averillo is a flop at fullback. They're on small contracts. After we sign a hooker where do you want to spend the rest of the money? We need a winger and prop. We have to spend 95% of the salary cap. Our recruitment should be something like B. Smith, JAC and...
  24. bradyk

We're not close to being a premiership winning team and premiership winning teams don't pay big money/overs for players in general. We've signed a young spine in Averillo, Burton and Flanagan (them 3 alone will be on the same amount Tedesco is on), we'll spend big to buy a hooker, but then we'll...
  25. bradyk

JAC > Staggs > Crichton > Nofo for me. Pay the extra for one of the other 3.
  26. bradyk

Hoping for a loophole really. Tigers could also let him go elsewhere if he's signed elsewhere for 2022. It makes more sense than giving Reimis up for free to me at least. As our current team stands with Okunbor doing his ACL we needed Reimis for 2021.
  27. bradyk

Official Matt Burton to join the Bulldogs in 2022

and May played centre over Naden. Robert Jennings signed too. Holland looking for a club if they're desperate ( :P ).
  28. bradyk

It's on his NRL.com profile. https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/newcastle-knights/david-klemmer/ "My greatest on field moment... playing my first game for the Knights " I was pretty disappointed when I saw that.
  29. bradyk

Official Call from Corey Waddell

I remember Foran doing it last year.
  30. bradyk

Klemmer said his favourite moment in his career is putting on a Knights jersey, he ain't coming back. Knights, and no other NRL club for that matter, would want Napa, maybe for minimum wage.
  31. bradyk

I think it needs to be something like B. Smith, Burton and JAC if we're aiming to realistically make the eight next year. Burton's already signed but needs to be released. B. Smith and JAC are contracted and there's been pretty much no links recently regarding B. Smith. I thought Naden would of...
  32. bradyk

If we're able to have a competitive season, in or around the eight, or at least looking that way half way through the season (probably the latest when Staggs will want his future sorted) and the Broncos are looking the same as this year I think it'll sort itself out and Staggs won't be at the...
  33. bradyk

News Benji Marshall, Hull FC deal: Super League club tables NRL star monster deal

If Benji can't find a Sydney club I'd like to see him retire and continue with FOX. If he feels like he has to play he might have to take whatever he can get, e.g. England. 700k's pretty nice too when he'd get close to 300k in the NRL (according to the report, 2 clubs offering half of that).
  34. bradyk

Opinion Where does our forward pack rank?

RFM has an error in him which is probably why he lost his passing licence. It might be worth playing him through the middle. His pace and lateral movement is an issue for the edge already.
  35. bradyk

Storm - Bromwich, Kaufusi Rabbitohs - Su'a, ? Knights - Frizell, Barnett Eels - Matterson, Lane Warriors - Katoa, Harris Titans - Fifita, Proctor Roosters - Cordner, Crichton Manly - Sironen, Gosiewski Panthers - Kikau, Martin Cowboys - ?, ? Raiders - Whitehead, Tapine Tigers - Leilua, Garner...
  36. bradyk

News Barrett on SEN this morning

I think it depends on how they're using the term rebuild, technically we're rebuilding to be a top 8 team, then we're building towards being a top 4 team. It all comes down to coaching and recruitment anyways. By the time the 2021 season starts we had the opportunity to build a top 8 roster and...
  37. bradyk

According to some this is JAC's second time visiting our HQ. He's literally come out and said he'd be at the dogs next year (possibly drunk). He and his manager, Mario Tartak, were commenting positively on the picture of them two at our HQ on Instagram (story). JAC has a heads up agreement with...
  38. bradyk

If you're including Napa you need to leave one of Ogden or To'omaga out.
  39. bradyk

If we're putting out our best 17 Napa shouldn't be in the team imo (at least after Thompson's suspension). I agree it's a hard call to make due to what he's being paid tho.
  40. bradyk

I think we're a top hooker and prop away from having a good pack compared to other teams. If you were to throw B. Smith and Leniu into our pack we'd be nasty imo. Until we do something like that our pack is pretty average.
  41. bradyk

News Bulldogs Dilemma: Which NSW gun to target?

We won't pay JAC 800k+, more like 600-700k. We're also paying him to come to a bottom team not expected to do much next year. We call that overs, regardless if JAC is playing wing or fullback. We just did the same with Cotric. We can play JAC fullback to justify paying overs/fullback money, but...
  42. bradyk

News ‘Smart’ footballs to rule on forward passes as NRL plans to revolutionise how games are officiated

A lot of forward passes are let go, as well as a lot of normal passes are called back for being forward. I don't have an issue with this, but I also don't care if it's minimally forward, I'd prefer they only rule on blatant forward passes. Maybe the officials/bunker need to use some more common...
  43. bradyk

Opinion Fox sports predict we will finish 15th in 2021

It's literally everyone, not just FOX. We can't just ignore everyone (well we can, but there's a reason why they're saying it). Anything is possible, and that's about all we can say.
  44. bradyk

Opinion Fox sports predict we will finish 15th in 2021

I'd say you're not inside Bulldogs fans, but from the outside (other supporters) you're. I look at the roster and I don't think we've strengthened it enough to move that far up the table. If we were to bring Burton and JAC over early for 2021 as well as a top hooker, e.g. Brandon Smith, than a...
  45. bradyk

He wants a 3 year deal, you're not going to be able to pick him up for less than 2 imo. Let the Tigers have him I say, appropriate recruitment target for them.
  46. bradyk

True, I don't see that happening due to reasons you've stated too, five-eighth and money, he's made the decision now. Panthers already offered him an extension with their vision of how they'd use him put forward to him.
  47. bradyk

If the Panthers really want they can force Burton to stay. The problem with that is depending on the player/manager it can do more harm than good. Panthers don't need to pay him the same as we would as they have him there contracted for less with 1 year to run. Saying that, I think he'll be here...
  48. bradyk

News Queensland young gun Brendan Piakura chased by seven rival NRL clubs

Stimson showed more at the Storm than Waddell has at Manly imo. I think they're very similar signings. I'd like to see both of them in the team somewhere (probably the bench) round 1 to see what they offer.
  49. bradyk

Opinion We need much more from Napa as our starting big man

I can't see the Knights or any other NRL club wanting Napa. I think even for minimum wage. He looks worse than Guerra before he retired.
  50. bradyk

Official Dogs preseason begins

This Dan Ferris is a good get.
  51. bradyk

Opinion We need much more from Napa as our starting big man

Warriors have spent way more than us, even just looking at our gains and losses, surely we have 2 more big signings to go.
  52. bradyk

JAC will make a successful transition to fullback imo, if that's where we decide for him play him (I wouldn't due to Averillo "needing" a position, I'd play JAC on the wing). I'd be more confident JAC would make a successful transition over someone like Latrell, who by half way through the...
  53. bradyk

Jackson and Elliott will start in the second row/lock positions for at least 2 more years. If you're signing Piakura you're offering him a starting spot due to what you have to pay which means Topine doesn't have a position unless it's off the bench. We also have Waddell and Stimson contracted...
  54. bradyk

And they're contracted for a decent amount of time. We have Doorey and Topine, two young second rowers already. Jackson, RFM, Elliott, Waddell, Stimson, Doorey and Topine, we don't need anymore. Hetherington can also play second row.
  55. bradyk

McInnes genuinely loves the Dragons and the Dragons love him, he is their captain and they obviously want to keep him. I think B. Smith is more realistic and he's under contract (which says a lot), can't play preferred position tho. What we'd have to pay McInnes to lure him away from the Dragons...
  56. bradyk

News Waddell to thrive under Barrett

I'm not the keenest on RFM's lateral movement/speed in the second row. I thought there was potential to play RFM at prop and Hetherington in the second row but when predicting the line-up I think it's safest to keep RFM in the second row. We have options at least.
  57. bradyk

News Waddell to thrive under Barrett

Thompson, RFM (I still think he'll start in the second row), Ogden, Hetherington and To'omaga are all ahead of Napa for me as players. That would mean when you remove who's on what ($) Napa shouldn't make the team imo.
  58. bradyk

News Are the Bulldogs on their way to buying a premiership?

We just sat through 3 years of hell, we deserve to sign some nice players... we're playing to the salary cap just like every team and the reason we were in this mess was because we weren't able to play to the real salary cap = we have plenty of money to spend now. You can't buy a premiership...
  59. bradyk

Reportedly 650k (The DT).
  60. bradyk

I'm really excited to have one player in the team with headgear for some reason...
  61. bradyk

If Barrett meets the realistic expectations set by the board he should be extended in advance like Titans did with Holbrook (basically before Barrett enters his last year contracted so it isn't talked about).
  62. bradyk

I'm not going to say it doesn't help, because technically it does/will here and there, but 7% really isn't much. The problem is clubs coming in and paying overs which is 100's of thousands more than what a player is worth. If we use Leniu as an e.g. Let's say we offered him 600k, the Panthers...
  63. bradyk

1. Averillo 2. JAC 3. Cotric 4. Hopoate 5. DWZ 6. Burton 7. Flanagan It's an easy decision really. We also need to keep some leaders in the team so we can't shred players like Hopoate (and even Jackson believe it or not). Unless Hopoate has a terrible season (been one our best best over the...
  64. bradyk

Official Dogs preseason begins

That's no good. One of the younger players I had actually heard a bit about.
  65. bradyk

Official 2021 Draw

I think it's possible to win somewhere between 8 and 14 games next season (that's factoring in signing 2-3 more players for 2021, depending on whether Burton is released early or not). I'll probably be expecting the prior (and that's probably still due to heart). We won 10 games in 2019 (which I...
  66. bradyk

Yeah, that's why I have maybe in brackets, I personally think Burton would do a better job as the utility too (from the outside). I guess it's just May's experience at doing it 1 year longer, not sure.
  67. bradyk

The day Burton followed us on Instagram was the day he signed :D .
  68. bradyk

Panthers get nothing out of a transfer fee and they lose close one of the best promising halves in the competition as a backup. They want something in exchange and if I was in the same position I'd be saying the same thing. They gain nothing out of releasing Burton to us for nothing/transfer fee...
  69. bradyk

May isn't in front of him as a half, he's just more versatile (maybe).
  70. bradyk

I've heard a few Panthers fans throw that option up but I'm sure Benji wants to play week in and out.
  71. bradyk

Official 2021 Draw

The time slots (Saturday) were always going to happen. If we have a good season that'll change for 2022. That's a decent draw like others have already said.
  72. bradyk

Bulldogs roll out the blue and white carpet for Josh Addo-Carr

They will also need upgrading in three or so years time when they're coming off contract, assuming they're playing well. We could have a similar situation to what the Panthers are having now.
  73. bradyk

Rumour Home sick

I'm just stating he's improved on his offloading game over the last season at least. He used to never offload. I don't rule out anyone if they're good and it's for the right price.
  74. bradyk

Rumour Home sick

2.1 offloads a game better than anyone we have.
  75. bradyk

400k was what he was looking for at the Cowboys, maybe due to moving to QLD. I don't think Benji will get anything near 400k personally.
  76. bradyk

Rumour Home sick

He'd have to come back for what he's worth and it isn't anything near his 850k a year. It's too hard to repair the damage of him leaving unless it's a good deal for us imo. I wish he never left but it is what it is.
  77. bradyk

Rumour Grant decides on his future ( Melbourne)

Grant is a fine replacement for C. Smith, he'll be one of the best hookers for the next 10 years imo. B. Smith leaving is replaceable due to the current role he's playing, I'm not quite sure how he hasn't been used as a starting lock. I think B. Smith will be the one leaving the Storm if not...
  78. bradyk

Round 1 draw

J. Brailey's back who is better than McCullough and a massive reason why they'll do well if they don't get hit by injuries again next year. Ponga out is massive tho.
  79. bradyk

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/11/25/matt-burton-to-join-the-bulldogs-in-2022/?nrlreferral=true&_ga=2.28437628.1133270141.1606263091-422481181.1604155626 If it's posted here it's official.
  80. bradyk

Big Tino from Storm to Titans.
  81. bradyk

A strike centre would be for 2022 if we decide to not retain Hopoate. Cotric and Hopoate are our centres right now.
  82. bradyk

Sign Leniu for 2022 too, that'll free up some money for them to retain Crichton, Luai, etc. :tonguewink: .
  83. bradyk

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  84. bradyk

BENJI BECOMES BULLDOGS’ PLAN B AS SHARKS LIFELINE FADES

He'll be turning 27 during the 2022 season. That's the only way how I see they got that number. They said he was 27 which is wrong anyways, he's 25 :confused: .
  85. bradyk

OLD Albert Hopoate

I just don't think them two would improve our roster enough to elevate us into the eight (or even close to it). It'd also mean we didn't have as much as I/we thought we had to spend for 2021 which is a worry where it's all tied up. If we were to sign someone like B. Smith (it'd have to be...
  86. bradyk

There's another article to F with us boys...
  87. bradyk

By Adrian Proszenko November 25, 2020 — 12.01am Could this be the moment the "Fox" becomes a Bulldog? Josh Addo-Carr took a tour of Canterbury's facilities on Tuesday afternoon as part of the Storm star's search for a new Sydney club for the 2022 season. The Herald obtained exclusive photos of...
  88. bradyk

OLD Albert Hopoate

B. Smith would be amazing. A top hooker would change everything.
  89. bradyk

BULLDOGS HINT AT NEW HALVES PAIRING

Yeah, and that would mean Barrett doesn't want to shuffle Averillo around if that's the case. Imagine the scenes if Meaney or Hopoate are still fullback and Averillo is in the centres or out of the 13... (if we signed Benji)
  90. bradyk

BULLDOGS HINT AT NEW HALVES PAIRING

I think Lewis and Wakeham were both terrible when talking about NRL standards. I've seen enough of Lewis now to know (or at least think) he doesn't have a future in NRL (sorry, just how I see it, I really wanted him to succeed about 1 year ago). I'd say Wakeham has more potential (at least a...
  91. bradyk

OLD Albert Hopoate

If 2 out of our last 3 roster spots are filled with Benji and A. Hopoate we're stuffed...
  92. bradyk

I hope this is wrong :confused: . I think Benji is a very good attacking player, my issue is he's way too dominant (I'm not too concerned with defence from a five-eighth). I don't have the most faith in him helping develop Flanagan, just look at Brooks career trajectory. I would much prefer...
  93. bradyk

I think the right way would be to get a 100% from Penrith that he won't be released first, maybe they're waiting for clarity on Luai or Crichton to re-sign and we've given them a deadline before we'll announce it anyways, or like you said we haven't signed him for 22/23.