• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Search results

1. Turvey Chip and Chase

Next year ! I know it’s been done

I don’t mind that Talakai from Sharks from what I saw against the Broncos. Can play back row or centre. He’d be one I’d be asking a question about. basically, I’d be putting feelers out for the following: 9. Smith, McInnes, Clarke 6. Burton - the end! Prop - Hetherington, Welch. Bromwich is pie...
  2. Turvey Chip and Chase

TripleM Saab asks for release from Dragons?

1000% !!! No comparison!! Throw some coin at Coates
  3. Turvey Chip and Chase

Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Bulldogs reportedly chasing SBW for 2021

I’d rather chase Pangai Jnr or Asiata for much less than a 35 year old 1 year mercenary who will as sure as shit go back to the Roosters for an after footy career anyway. Robbo said “Sonny is a Rooster”. Get it?!?! He’ll never EVER be a Bulldog again in his heart. Fk him
  4. Turvey Chip and Chase

Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

1) B Smith (if not - Clarke or McInnes) 2) Burton 3) either J Bromwich Welch or Hetherington 4) Staines and Rona (if not Coates or Koriebete) 5) if we lose Elliot (don’t pay over 350k) then Asiata. wouldn’t mind seeing Talakai at Sharks situation. Cover back row or centre. wouldn’t mind losing...
  5. Turvey Chip and Chase

Culture ... culture... culture BS! We’re gonna offer this knob 700k MIMINUM to install a “culture” ??? What a load of shit. - he left us in the lurch.... you know what, it’s pointless going through it all again for those here who believe in unicorns... Id rather Foran’s or Bird’s injuries as...
  6. Turvey Chip and Chase

The bloke is an A class ct. Never ever want Judas back
  7. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Foran wants future sorted soon

At this stage, we have not signed ANY new players to play in the halves. Based purely on that, who would I rather in our halves next year out of Foran, Wakeham, Lewis or Cogger...??? The answer is easy for me anyway. that said - there is a price, and no way is it more than 400k. 350k would be...
  8. Turvey Chip and Chase

Bulldogs open door for SBW return 12 years after he walked out

Get .... f’d!!! amd you think Foran or Bird would be bad business.....
  9. Turvey Chip and Chase

Opinion Who is your most hated NRL team and why?

Roosters 1st 2nd and 3rd. Anyone who still likes any Dogs player who played there after us needs to reassess their life lol!
  10. Turvey Chip and Chase

Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Didn’t mind Talakai the centre for Sharks
  11. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Corey backs Barrett (Brent Read)

Seriously, can this ct just fuck of already!!!
  12. Turvey Chip and Chase

News 'No scattergun approach': Cashed-up Dogs happy to wait for key targets

Does anyone know if we are linked with any decent back rowers? I wrote in another post, we are pretty thin there now that that piece of shit left. * Thompson (gun player but putting him here weakens our props depth) * Jackson (older legs) * RFM (History shows he can go missing) * Topine (I...
  13. Turvey Chip and Chase

Dogs teams strategy 2021 - 2022

Actually, looking at it now that that ct has left us, we are pretty fk’n weak in the back row stocks.... what’s the goss on the Topine kid we have? Does he have the star quality? Is he the goods? I hope Stimson can get bloody fit and get to his Storm form! Maybe Barrett will be better for him?
  14. Turvey Chip and Chase

Dogs teams strategy 2021 - 2022

I’d love a spine of Averillo (provided he gets a good run there, taught well AND succeeds) Burton Foran (on less) B Smith I’d be still having a look at one of either: * Rona / Coates / Koroibete * Welch / Bromwich / maybe Hetherington let Elliot go if he wants more than 350 Averillo (Meaney...
  15. Turvey Chip and Chase

Social Media Brandon Smith

Not all want Foran extended on big coin though. I’d only want him 300-350. I’d rather Foran on the paddock in 7 than Wakeham Lewis OR Cogger. But that’s just me.
  16. Turvey Chip and Chase

He’s barred me on Twitter. Is it Brent Read?
  17. Turvey Chip and Chase

before Grant - maybe. Grant will be there next hooker though, and i reckon that’s where we could nab Brandon
  18. Turvey Chip and Chase

I don’t mind 1. Averillo 6. Burton 7. Foran 9. Smith
  19. Turvey Chip and Chase

Broke us in 08’ when the footage was shown of him on a Wednesday night at Sydney International Airport. I’ll never EVER forget how I felt then about this bloke. We NEEDED him, we were struggling. He complained about money, he was our HIGHEST earner. We wanted to build around him. What else did...
  20. Turvey Chip and Chase

This would be some coup!!! make THIS one happen. I think he’d be better for us than McInnes
  21. Turvey Chip and Chase

Daily Telegraph/Rothfield BIRD TO THE DOGS

If we didn’t have the hardships of Foran’s history, this would be a no brainer for $275k. There’s 13 sorted. Can also play 5/8 or centre. 275 is worth the risk for this calibre of player. Much more worth it than Cartwright or Scott. the problem is, we HAVE had the hardships of Foran’s history.....
  22. Turvey Chip and Chase

Social Media Adam Elliot

Average player. Probably worth 300 max. They reckon clubs have to pay more to get someone to leave?? If Saints offer him overs then see ya
  23. Turvey Chip and Chase

No Source Bryce Cartwright

Imagine if all these guys we were linked to were linked to us at their best? Cartwright Bird never be at their best again - so NO!
  24. Turvey Chip and Chase

No Source Bryce Cartwright

The end!
  25. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Round 11 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Discussion Thread

Wakeham is going to cost us this game I think
  26. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Round 11 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Discussion Thread

I fucking hate Chloe Klemmer’s bitch wife David so much. Massive sook ct
  27. Turvey Chip and Chase

TripleM Curtis scott

No... f’n..... way!!!!
  28. Turvey Chip and Chase

We need to sign Fidow

No one can tell me he enjoys wearing 8.... They get Grant back and he can kiss hooker goodbye for good down there....
  29. Turvey Chip and Chase

Replacements for CHN ?

I pray we don’t pay over now for fricken Elliot to stay. He ain’t worth more than 300-350 tops. we won’t find a like for like replacement now. This has set us back a bit.
  30. Turvey Chip and Chase

Club statement on CHN release

Pffft. not surprised, this club LOST ITS BALLS when we didn’t back our captain in 2015 and licked the NRL’s arses dry. Graham forever became a more placid player from that day. this board confirmed change to this club. They are worse!! Rolled over and just let a player with ability leave to a...
  31. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Harawira-Naera reportedly released

For sure Barrett didn’t want him, especially with the wanker’s manager saying “we’ll only play for Barrett”. Barrett would probably have insight from Panthers boys ala leaked sex tapes and total CT’s. Would you want this grub around a team trying to build? The slop was/is married too yeah...
  32. Turvey Chip and Chase

I’ve said it before, this club has survived the loss of $BW Barba Thurston Mason O’Meley Asotasi Anasta Klemmer Ennis Morris x 2 Graham Pay Dymock Smith McCracken Dallas Gillespie Alchin Langmack all left us to join other clubs. I put losing this arsewipe to probably Myles. Ok, we could...
  33. Turvey Chip and Chase

Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) SBW

Definitely no open borders with NZ as yet. He will have to quarantine
  34. Turvey Chip and Chase

I said I’d reserve my comment until there was news. Appears there is news. the Bulldogs ex player. This bloke is an A Class C@&T!!! Absolutely 100% C$@T make no mistake. He stuffed up AND cost us a sponsorship and then has the nerve to be shitty at us??? Dumb fk just wanted to play finals...
  35. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Hands off: Panthers’ plan to keep young stars away from Barrett’s Dogs

I know damn sure we didn’t have the superstars back then that Roosters had. Our guys became stars in 2004 apart from a few ala Vagana...
  36. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Hands off: Panthers’ plan to keep young stars away from Barrett’s Dogs

Keep an eye on their books NRL. Didn’t we get done in 2002 for paying overs for our then unheard of juniors??
  37. Turvey Chip and Chase

I'm not after mammoth dollars': Foran keen to stay with Bulldogs

Problem with that is, we ain’t flicking a Foran for a Cronk.... I see your point though.
  38. Turvey Chip and Chase

Buzz Finally Calls It As It Is - As Hooper Fails To Defend CHN

Hooper then Twice said Burton to Dogs is not possible due to Barrett saying he won’t poach. Made a massive dance about it. Acted shocked that he’s paper had an article on it Hahaha. What a sad sad sad ct way out of his depth. Should go back to panel beating, fixing bonnets
  39. Turvey Chip and Chase

Gus urges caution with the Bulldogs' salary cap

I would take should back at this club in a heartbeat. * would give us cred. * would be fantastic with a young coach he trusts. * is a smart football brain * we’d keep who we want *we’d be more atttactive for other players to join without paying overs
  40. Turvey Chip and Chase

I'm not after mammoth dollars': Foran keen to stay with Bulldogs

Look, regardless of people’s opinions on whether we keep or sell him, you can’t knock his effort on the field when fit, nor his attitude towards the club. it’s not his fault Hasler paid that much for him. I’d take it too. Look at Darius Boyd and Jack Bird ffs. for the record, for mine, if he...
  41. Turvey Chip and Chase

Daily Telegraph/Rothfield BIRD TO THE DOGS

An injury free Bird would be fantastic - a real spark to this team. An injury free Bird no longer exists.... next
  42. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Cotric wanted to join the chooks

We should be chasing Rona as well ffs! Hoppa / Averillo / Meany DWZ Averillo / Rona Cotric Rona / Smith Burton / Averillo Foran
  43. Turvey Chip and Chase

Gus urges caution with the Bulldogs' salary cap

I know Bullfrog punted Gus, but I honestly believe he does have a little flicker for us still and is always critical of us because he knows how big we are, what we stand for and where we should be in terms of performance, and it is not acceptable for this club to be where it is.
  44. Turvey Chip and Chase

Opinion If CHN wants to go to Canberra we should push for a swap

A) we get a like for like quality player for him (I’d maybe accept Starling but he certainly isn’t established and could be a risk) B) the ct rots in reserves - I don’t care, we havent had him all year anyway. C) he mans up and admits yes it wasn’t illegal however it was immoral enough to...
  45. Turvey Chip and Chase

Opinion SBW 1year to bring back the faith and mentor our juniors

FK THAT CT!! People talk about CHN now (and rightly so) disrespecting our club?!?! this ct was the catalyst of blokes dumping on us. Fk him.
  46. Turvey Chip and Chase

Christian Crichton

Unless we are 100% getting his brother then he 100% needs to go... hate being mean to guys, but enough is enough, we aren’t a charity (well, never used to be). before he goes though, the board needs to.
  47. Turvey Chip and Chase

Toe blow for Foran adds to Bulldogs’ woes after fightback from Dragons

I’ll be honest, I’m pretty devo’d by this. I was hoping (very optimistically) that this would be the start of a good run for him. Make no mistake, when on the field no other half we have comes close to him. time to face the hard facts, we need to move on, and to be honest, he should give it...
  48. Turvey Chip and Chase

Aiden Tolman needs to retire ASAP

Yeah, he’s been a warrior for us and has always tried, but he’s done now. we can’t move forward with him...
  49. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Round 10 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Discussion Thread

See ya Montoya Crichton and Lewis you useless useless flogs
  50. Turvey Chip and Chase

Hooper: Fuming Dog demands immediate release after ‘car crash’ attempt to woo him back

The irony of this ct calling the story a car crash. You know a lot about damaged cars hey Bonnet Hoops you f’n hack. ever seen the dickhead on 360? Just yells random things out like Brick Tamland from Anchor Man. Dumb useless rubbish mag rag wanna be ct with eyes!!
  51. Turvey Chip and Chase

Okunbor/CHN megathread

I was dirty on Okunbor but at least the kid has owned it. My thoughts on him as a player have always been he’s big, strong, athletic, all things that can’t be taught. If taught the finer skills like defense and good decision makings then He could become something special. Young and worth a punt.
  52. Turvey Chip and Chase

No Source Tom Starling

He looked energetic and crisp. Only 1 game in though to judge. Mind you, was against the Chooks. No stage fright from the kid is a plus.
  53. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Nick Cotric signs three year deal with the Bulldogs

Lol hand on my heart I also received mail That something big re the board was about to happen very soon, but I didn’t want to paste it as it was vague and could of meant anything. I then saw the piece in the news tonight about the fans ticket. I guess that’s related. I didn’t want to post...
  54. Turvey Chip and Chase

Looks like the mail I got was good. To be honest it’s normally very reliable. I don’t generally post a rumour if I’m not that positive on the source
  55. Turvey Chip and Chase

Guys, I don’t get a lot of mail, but when I do it’s pretty good. I won’t say he’s coming to us, but I’ve been told he will not be at the Raiders. now, just because I said he won’t be coming to us, doesn’t mean he isn’t. I take it he is, but I’ve been told he’s leaving Raiders.
  56. Turvey Chip and Chase

Trent Barrett could bring us a sponsor ?

Stop the Kennel now. this could be the funniest thread I’ve ever seen!!! game over
  57. Turvey Chip and Chase

News EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler reveal plans for fixing broken Bulldogs

1) piss this board off 2) get coach sorted. For me it’s Barrett or Hook. Barrett I’m not 100% on but it looks like going that way. I guess we’ll see 3) players: FB - I think stick with Averillo. If Barrett is a gun attacking coach maybe he can really bring this kid on. Centre - Cotric. If not...
  58. Turvey Chip and Chase

Okunbor/CHN megathread

This MUST be a media beat up, because... well... because as bad as this board is going at everything they do, surely.... SURELY they don’t hate the club’s fans that much that they would dare attempt a BS trade like this. doesn’t matter how much you pretty up a turd, it’s still a turd! RE CHN...
  59. Turvey Chip and Chase

Okunbor/CHN megathread

Board, if you are reading, Do not fk us over ala Klemmer. get a QUALITY PLAYER in return from any club that is after this repeat offender!! do NOT let us down, again
  60. Turvey Chip and Chase

Okunbor/CHN megathread

He ain’t no $BW He ain’t no Barba He ain’t no Mason He ain’t no Morris twins He ain’t no Klemmer He ain’t no Smith/Dymock/Pay He ain’t no O’Meley He ain’t no Asotasi And he sure ain’t no Thurston we lost all those and still survived as bad as it looked. I want him to stay and be a man and...
  61. Turvey Chip and Chase

Opinion Trent Barret not the coach we need

I am honestly 100% on the fence here. Big pros and big cons either way. I’d go 2 years with a third in our option if possible. I’m really 50/50
  62. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera statement

The ONLY way our club can possibly do the right thing (for once) by its fans in this case is to either keep them OR trade them to a club and get a FANTASTIC player in return. Make US the winners for f’n once!
  63. Turvey Chip and Chase

Dogs to give Barrett $3m cheque book as Penrith allow him to start talks over replacing Pay

2 year deal to start is the only smart way to go. Hopefully he can attract Burton plus a couple of others. Hopefully he can see our playing group and make some more positive and constructive decisions re selections and who is worth Re signing in what. Hopefully he still has a good working...
  64. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Dean Pay quits

This - absolutely everything that is needed to be said, summed up and perfect.
  65. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Sunday Footy Show

And also, no guarantee they are Dogs fans
  66. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Bulldogs-bound Lafai to become next Dragon to depart

It is impossible [supposed to be anyway] to win back to back comps, have 6 first graders injured before one game and then win by 40. teams must get weaker after winning 1 comp the way the cap is set up.
  67. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Bulldogs-bound Lafai to become next Dragon to depart

This is a BACKWARDS step! WE ARE GETTING THE SPOON with or without Lafai! we didn’t sign Reynolds (which I agree with) why would we sign someone who was of so much less value to us on the field than him. this just shows the board for what they are. No ambition, no judgement, no football...
  68. Turvey Chip and Chase

No Source tim lafai

My lord, we didn’t get Reynolds back because he had his time and we needed to move forward, and he offered MORE than this bloke on a bad day. WE ARE AT AN ALLTIME LOW!!!! * for the record, I never wanted and still don’t want Reynolds back.
  69. Turvey Chip and Chase

Wooden Spoon..

In a season that has Dragons Titans Broncos Warriors (who have an excuse due to leaving their family) THIS could be the greatest wooden spoon of all time. Congratulations to the board, coach, and the players involved
  70. Turvey Chip and Chase

Combined Napa and Zelezniak value plus!

So I guess we’ll get the usual media agenda driven BS all week again - * good guy Pay club legend (bailed when we needed him in 96’ mind you) deserves a chance with the team he wants. * Bulldogs will have to pay overs to get anyone. * player X shouldn’t go to the Bulldogs for more money “overs”...
  71. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Discussion Thread

Poor Thompson took them on by himself. Do t give a fk what anyone says, Pangai is an overacted fk. 1 good game a year the myth.
  72. Turvey Chip and Chase

My lord. you know what, we should actually look at offloading DWZ. Forget the wing.
  73. Turvey Chip and Chase

I get the Foran haters, I do, but we are shit and without him we are shit without even the chance of scoring
  74. Turvey Chip and Chase

Mate, you weren’t alone. It was clear as day towards the end of his Penrith days he was a liability. This board carried on like they pulled off a coup hahahaha
  75. Turvey Chip and Chase

Napa, get the fuck out of my club you dud!!!!
  76. Turvey Chip and Chase

Ffs get Zelezniak OUT OF THE GENERAL PLAY!!! Put the ct on the f’n WING Pay you clown!!!! He’s not up to it!
  77. Turvey Chip and Chase

Tolman has his problems for this team and I agree with most, but being honest, that was uncharacteristic of him. If nothing else he is safe and solid... that said, we are f’n f’d. see ya board, see ya Pay. Walk out now like you did to us in 95’ thanks.
  78. Turvey Chip and Chase

Ffs DWZ AGAIN!!!! He’s a winger at best who should be on 350k
  79. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Bulldogs set to make call on coach Dean Pay’s future

probably add Turpin, and given the fact Fifita will NOT come here (unfortunately), then THIS is the only Broncos I’d ever entertain the thought of.
  80. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Bulldogs set to make call on coach Dean Pay’s future

A) Pay can not be retained in any way or matter. It will kill us officially B) Broncos discards must NOT include Oates, Issako, Bird, Milford. Only consider Staggs, Farnworth, Coates, Dearden, Flegler or Turpin. C) If Issac is correct, Fark me, THAT is the dream. Throw Burton in too ffs!!
  81. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Daley urges Cotric to stay at Canberra for less

Not always, works in reverse for us. All media were blowing chunks when they got wind of Klemmer wanting a Knights move. Arseholes with agendas
  82. Turvey Chip and Chase

My dear Lord. this is a coach that clearly has no clue.... we are at an all time low. please end this season now
  83. Turvey Chip and Chase

Return of Corey Harawira-Naera should be at Belmore

I don’t think I could put it any better myself. so many arseholes have played for this club who have made them a name and then they shit all over our emblem. still kills me anytime there is glowing talk of: $BW Mason Barba Klemmer Pay (he didn’t have to bum up to Gould and Packer - Dogs would...
  84. Turvey Chip and Chase

Opinion Napa

I wish I could find the archives. I was so pissed when we signed this flop. I knew he would be a rubbish acquisition- stank of panic buy. This was just a terrible terrible signing, and for the money he is on, perhaps the worst of the modern era
  85. Turvey Chip and Chase

Opinion Who are the dogs in talks with?

I honestly think now we should be leaning towards: B Smith (Grant will stay Storm) Burton Cotric Serious convo with CHN Welch Either Johnston, Coates, Rona Or Koroibete that’s 6 in. Try and get Foran and Tolman on reduced wages. Re sign RFM / Wakeham Elliot, I don’t know. Yes for 350k...
  86. Turvey Chip and Chase

Observations

This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but if we can get Tolman down to 300-350, I’d keep him. He’s solid in the middle of the ruck in defence and we currently NEED that... additional note - id be keeping RFM too
  87. Turvey Chip and Chase

Opinion Kotoa vs Holland

Pay must, MUST play Katoa 9 and JMK 14 next week. Cogger I thought did well at 9 last week, but come on now, Katoa is a hooker, how would it hurt to start him there? We are outright anyway ffs
  88. Turvey Chip and Chase

New coach

I really don’t know... We should of chased Holbrook harder or had a dash at McGuire or O’Brien. Hook may be ok. I think Barrett would of learnt a lot from the Manly outcome. He’s doing wonders with Penrith’s attack. It’s a risk though... I just don’t know... all I know is for the first time in...
  89. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Round 8 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Discussion Thread

Once in 1991 he took it to the Burgess brothers apparently....
  90. Turvey Chip and Chase

I’d love to know what we are paying him
  91. Turvey Chip and Chase

All that hard work, DWZ is such a f’n liability at fullback. It’s just dumb team selection putting him there!
  92. Turvey Chip and Chase

Ffs do NOT get Corey Oates over here too!!!
  93. Turvey Chip and Chase

I’ve been very critical and I feel rightly so, but fair play to the lads. They’ve really turned up 1st half, despite superior competition