Search results

1. ElMagicElMasri

Official Gus on Twitter

It’s a bizarre timeline - reported out for the first few rounds (calf) - Gus then said he is fine (ankle) - not seen at training - Gus said he would be fine by Christmas - finally starts training full contact post Christmas - not named for first or second trial - Gus goes out of his way to...
  2. ElMagicElMasri

Official Gus on Twitter

Gus on his podcast: - Hughes extension to be announced soon - Turpin has a broken finger but available for round 1 - Kiraz almost played this weekend but will be ready for round 1 - Patolo knee but will be ready for round 1 Said we should be going into the start of the season full strength...
  3. ElMagicElMasri

Official Pre-Game Trial No. 2 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Friday 8pm BSG

Thought salmon did well last week but it would be crazy not to give Curran a go there on Friday. He can provide the same ball playing + some extra yardage Going against Parra with just Hughes as a big body on the bench is suicide imo
  4. ElMagicElMasri

OP updated with team lists
  5. ElMagicElMasri

Literally his first ever NRL game
  6. ElMagicElMasri

Opinion UNLOCK THE FOXX

dont make me spend my toilet time at work tomorrow cleaning this thread up Stick to hating or liking Burton, not each other
  7. ElMagicElMasri

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Some notes from todays meeting - Coaches address: - CC wasn’t there in person but recorded a video. Was the usual fluff about a tough year last year but he did single out Taffee to have a breakout year this year CEO Warburton address: - Membership has gone from 16k 2021 > 22k 2024 -...
  8. ElMagicElMasri

Your Round 1 Team?

Curran can shift to second row and salmon to lock or salmon > kikau as a straight swap off the bench
  9. ElMagicElMasri

Indigenous vs Maori

Two pretty good teams tbh, expect Curran to play big mins Also except JAC to be GASSED after 15 mins
  10. ElMagicElMasri

Your Round 1 Team?

They’ve definitely both had reps there, last I saw was Hutch, but I think we’ll know by Tuesday tbh Idk how people are saying Sexton forced his way in yday? Hutch did exactly what was expected of him and probably fed his outside men even better than expected too I think Sexton can push for a...
  11. ElMagicElMasri

News Canterbury Bulldogs chairman John Khoury set to step down

i will be and ill report back just like last year
  12. ElMagicElMasri

Opinion Anasta and Ennis: We’re back!

The improvement of junior development and pathways is the one thing the kennel has been in agreement of the last 12 months TBH
  13. ElMagicElMasri

Your Round 1 Team?

anyway, 1. Tracey 2. Kiraz 3. Burton 4. Crichton 5. Wilson 6. Sexton 7. Hutchinson 8. King 9. Mahoney 10. Hughes 11. Kikau 12. Preston 13. Curran 14. Mann 15. Salmon? 16. A middle not named Knight 17. A middle not named Knight
  14. ElMagicElMasri

Your Round 1 Team?

It’s not really about the opposition though it’s the style of play and general footy nous Burton looks like he played volleyball until 16 then got picked up for his athleticism Sexton and hutch look like they had a footy in the womb. Both know how to straighten up at the right time and have...
  15. ElMagicElMasri

Official Game Day Game day Thread vs. Storm: Trial 1 @ Belmore, 7pm

For someone bad with angles Burton runs exactly 45 degrees across field every single time he has the ball
  16. ElMagicElMasri

Sexton left, Hutcho right and we are COOKING
  17. ElMagicElMasri

I’m actually in awe of Burtons ball playing ability, he has learnt nothing in the off season
  18. ElMagicElMasri

Burto needs to just run the fucking ball, hutcho is doing everything else for him
  19. ElMagicElMasri

Why did he run 90 if he knew he hit it lol
  20. ElMagicElMasri

OP updated with the latest team list
  21. ElMagicElMasri

News Coaches Under Pressure-CAMERON CIRALDO - Bulldogs

he copped a short ball 10m out, stepped and changed hands in the same motion then popped an offload to Preston for a try. It was all downhill from there. If only we conditioned him properly
  22. ElMagicElMasri

News Player who walked out

Thread has run its course, thanks for playing. A new thread on this can be opened up if more news comes to light.
  23. ElMagicElMasri

Pre Game Thread, Trial 1: Bulldogs vs Storm @ Belmore, 7pm Thu 15-Feb

OP updated with team lists Will clean up the post later tonight
  24. ElMagicElMasri

Agree with the pre, game and post threads, but this one I’ll have to discuss with the mod team lmao Thanks all and feel free to let me know if you have any additional input
  25. ElMagicElMasri

Hi all - We will be looking to create a consistent match day thread weekly for this season, given we had the issue of some multiple game day posts last year. Would you like to see pre-game and match day threads posted separately or one post for the week? OP will be updated with team lists...
  26. ElMagicElMasri

Opinion Pre Season Training

BBO has been training in the halves. I believe they are really trying to mould him into an organising 7. In a few opposed sessions he was doing almost all the general play kicking for the reserves team.
  27. ElMagicElMasri

Tracey is ready to go, I think CC just wants to see how Taffee goes first as CT is a more known quantity at this stage.
  28. ElMagicElMasri

Connor Tracy

it’s not even just near the goal line though Forget the fact Tracey is a better player in almost all facets (except maybe ball playing) but by far and away our biggest weakness this year will be our middle and go forward. So do you choose the guy that’s going to get dominated every tackle on...
  29. ElMagicElMasri

Not unless we get Lolo by offering him a bigger role [emoji6]
  30. ElMagicElMasri

Also said King and Kiraz are largely injury free though which is good
  31. ElMagicElMasri

Trial v Sharks

sharks trial tickets still arent on sale I believe
  32. ElMagicElMasri

The colours = teams and each team has the same number of the player it represents
  33. ElMagicElMasri

the NRL had a "leadership" conference with reps from all the clubs recently, I saw a snippet of Max King and Reed there representing us - potential new captains this year? No sight of Burton
  34. ElMagicElMasri

Connor Tracy

The most concerning part is we’ve now spent the entire preseason trialing 3 guys at fullback instead of giving one guy the time to gel. Round 1 > start with Taffee Round 6 > realise he isn’t the answer and switch to Tracey Round 12 > Crichton isn’t seeing any ball so he switches with Tracey...
  35. ElMagicElMasri

Josh Curran - Bloke In A Bar

agree, lots of components go into it Re panthers back 3, it’s why I’ll be shocked if Taffee gets the nod at fullback. Probably the easiest way to mitigate our lack of go forward is a powerful backline, carrying BT and JAC will not help us. If CC goes with Skelton and Tracey I might actually...
  36. ElMagicElMasri

Josh Curran - Bloke In A Bar

For example, a paper thin and undersized middle that get singled out and rolled for quick PTBs every single set. We’re essentially going into the season hoping Curran playing 60 mins at lock will mitigate that.
  37. ElMagicElMasri

News Suluka fifita to dogs?

If Blake Taffee is the answer then I don’t want to know the question
  38. ElMagicElMasri

except he won’t even get onto the park until the back end of the year by which time it’ll be too late
  39. ElMagicElMasri

it’s a bottom of the barrel signing that they hope will turn into an FG squaddie. If you really believe anything else you’re having dinner with the fairies
  40. ElMagicElMasri

are people changing their lineups because of a press conference lmao I do think CC goes with hutch to start though to settle burton
  41. ElMagicElMasri

Official RFM granted immediate release

Being able to run and actually being able to contribute at a competent level in the NRL are worlds apart. We’ve been training for ages now, he’s at least 2 months behind schedule and that’s if nothing else pops up for him
  42. ElMagicElMasri

Official Gus on Twitter

Just spent some time cleaning up the thread. This is a thread for Gus posts on twitter. Related discussion is fine but complaining about him blocking people is just going around in circles.
  43. ElMagicElMasri

News The Mole: Bulldogs facing 'huge decision' over 'rusty' recruit Bronson Xerri

Hoppa was actually good on his return though? I think he was slightly overrated when he left, was never electric but was smart positionally and had great hands. Towards the end with us he was one of our best (Sunday business aside). Was probably on par with a Sam Perrett minus the longevity...
  44. ElMagicElMasri

Not many dropped balls even though it was wet but the game didn’t go for that long. Burton was doing the majority of the kicking. Skelton moves really well but Xerri impressed me, doesn’t look like he’s been out of the game for that long let alone 4 years. I thought Taffee was poor, gets...
  45. ElMagicElMasri

Training was closed today I managed to sneak a look over the hill It was drills into a full contact opposed session, firsts vs reggies - Fox, Critta, Kiraz all sat out - backline was L-R Skelton, Xerri, Perham, Wilson with both Taffee and Tracey getting reps at fullback (mainly Tracey) -...
  46. ElMagicElMasri

Trial v Sharks

they’re not sold out lol
  47. ElMagicElMasri

anyone know if training is on for Saturday?
  48. ElMagicElMasri

Official Gus on Twitter

I can’t believe we still have another whole year left of Sutton after this one….
  49. ElMagicElMasri

Jeral Skelton

jmoz did play some left wing Xerri played some left centre when Dugan came in to play right and killed it, scored a couple vs Eels and Souths in rounds 13 and 20 I think he can easily play either side tbh
  50. ElMagicElMasri

Phil Gould and Bulldogs land signature of 'lightning' nephew of Kiwi legend

Being skeptical of a club that has continuously made the wrong decisions for 7 years straight is extremely normal behavior btw Its up to the club to produce results on the field to justify optimism and support after so long Back on topic though… its another “good” signing if other measures...
  51. ElMagicElMasri

Curran at prop lol
  52. ElMagicElMasri

Offer Made (May)

It was carayannis but yep he said he expects Terrell here in 2025 and Taylan for similar money Also said we 100% had a deal agreed with Tyrone that Gus then pulled when it became public
  53. ElMagicElMasri

Offer Made (May)

Looked across SEN and didn’t see him on there today, if you’re talking about the footy talk podcast he certainly didn’t say that
  54. ElMagicElMasri

Offer Made (May)

boy do I have some news for you about most footy players…
  55. ElMagicElMasri

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Just over a mil, worth it all for Terrell
  56. ElMagicElMasri

Offer Made (May)

Canterbury have zeroed-in on Terrell May with a multi-year contract offer that could prise the promising forward out of the Roosters. One of the finds of last season for the Bondi club, May climbed out of the NSW Cup to finish 2023 as a major influence on the club’s stirring late season surge...
  57. ElMagicElMasri

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

May asking for $500k …the same price as Sutton
  58. ElMagicElMasri

NRL & NSW Cup Games - Watch Both

NRL will be 0-5 while Cup will be 5-0
  59. ElMagicElMasri

Official Gus on Twitter

Patolo is done in my eyes, it’s just never going to happen for him unfortunately. Time to move on, not that we sign any middles though.
  60. ElMagicElMasri

People picking line ups like there isn’t another 2 months for injuries to hit
  61. ElMagicElMasri

If I was Skelton I’d be bolting out the door. He’s now seemingly behind Critta, Kiraz, JAC, Tracey, Xerri and Wilson. Crazy we didn’t give him more game time at the back end of last year
  62. ElMagicElMasri

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

If you wouldn’t take Tyrone to have the other 2 you are crazy
  63. ElMagicElMasri

@KLil any idea what time they are training tomorrow and is it on the outer field like last year?
  64. ElMagicElMasri

I can’t believe it’s already been a year since these updates
  65. ElMagicElMasri

Will be interesting to see if Kikau becomes another Pritchard or Williams
  66. ElMagicElMasri

Official Mitchell Woods secures future at Belmore

Good stuff, top 30 contract in 2025 is a bit iffy but it would've been almost impossible to get a signature without a guaranteed NRL contract, still at least 2-3 years off being an option and hopefully he has a somewhat balanced team to come into.
  67. ElMagicElMasri

Opinion King & Knight are an upgrade on TPJ & Thompson

Agree, he will be a good player but relying on him in his full rookie season is nuts. Can’t expect a Preston level season (unless the data analyst has tipped Phil off again).
  68. ElMagicElMasri

Opinion King & Knight are an upgrade on TPJ & Thompson

It’s funny that Hughes has become our savior all of a sudden after Gus tweets about him
  69. ElMagicElMasri

Official Gus on Twitter

I didn’t say he didn’t work hard but the point is that doesn’t mean he was a good first grader and it isn’t the measure we should be applying to Kurtis or anyone else.
  70. ElMagicElMasri

Official Gus on Twitter

He was also a perennial reserve grader and only got a look in in 2008, one of the worst NRL teams ever.
  71. ElMagicElMasri

2024/2025 coaching thread

Being set up to fail implies that CC has no say on recruitment, which is incorrect. He is choosing this route so he must cop the results. And if he isn’t having a huge say on recruitment then something is seriously wrong with our football dept structure. Either way his ass is on the line props...
  72. ElMagicElMasri

Official Gus on Twitter

Mooney? That would be good
  73. ElMagicElMasri

News Harrison Edwards

Yes, development contract
  74. ElMagicElMasri

News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

You don’t think it’s reasonable to start asking questions when the back to back spooners are beating us to a key player?
  75. ElMagicElMasri

Membership 2024

Yes it has 'consecutive tenure' on it i.e. 1 year, 5 year, 10 years etc. Year 1 will be whenever you transfer membership to his name. Some people really care about this I have discovered.
  76. ElMagicElMasri

Membership 2024

Yes you just have to call them up to change it. The 'tenure year' will reset for him once you transfer so if you care about that for him then do it straight away.
  77. ElMagicElMasri

News Gus v Tigers: The Luai Lottery goes into overdrive

Isn’t it obvious he is waiting for our final offer/we are preparing one? The 10 day period hasn’t started yet and we already know the Tigers offer is on the table. I wouldn’t even be surprised if it’s still a 50/50 and depends mainly on whether we get close to $1.2m
  78. ElMagicElMasri

News Recruits for the Bulldogs disclose their favoured positions

Salmon centre hahaha There’s no way taffee gets in over tracey anyway
  79. ElMagicElMasri

News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

A lot of legitimate concerns have been raised about Luai’s ability to play 7 and if not the idiocy in replacing Burton at 6 only 2 years into a mega deal but this also contradicts everything Gus has been saying about building from the ground up and focusing on junior development What happens...
  80. ElMagicElMasri

Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

hahahahahahahaahhaha
  81. ElMagicElMasri

News Wests Tigers player refuses to train over perception of unfair treatment

No he hasn’t lol Nofo is a massive sook and most Tigers fans hate him, it’s actually wild how many games he has managed there, he’s had a handful of good seasons but mostly been lazy and terrible trainer
  82. ElMagicElMasri

Bold Bulldogs prediction from Fox sports

Disagree, CC saying Tracey’s position depends on Burto almost confirms critta is the #1 for me (which is in line with what we have heard). Now that tracey is supposedly injured I think Xerri’s chances of starting have shot up given how highly CC spoke of his training so far. By the time we see...
  83. ElMagicElMasri

Opinion What Position Will Tracey Play

so is it calf or ankle lol
  84. ElMagicElMasri

Oh and Latrell as well Calves are low key becoming one of the worst injuries to get
  85. ElMagicElMasri

Since TPJ this year
  86. ElMagicElMasri

News Ciraldo interview

Mann Salmon prop prop Is my early guess, still bigger than most of the 1 prop benches we had this year lol
  87. ElMagicElMasri

News Ciraldo interview

The SEN interview was far better. It sounds like Tracey will be centre unless/until Burton proves he can’t handle 5/8 and he is moved there, what happens to Tracey is anyone’s guess after that. Expecting Salmon to get one of the bench spots as a second rower. Mann to get the 14...
  88. ElMagicElMasri

News Ciraldo interview

But people will still deny that Burton was poor and is 6 games from being moved to centre
  89. ElMagicElMasri

2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

Confident mann/hutch will be in cup. Turpin to only come in if Reed is struggling again but I have a feeling they will go with Taffee at 14 for some reason.
  90. ElMagicElMasri

2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

There is only one spot in the 17 for Taffee, Mann, and Turpin
  91. ElMagicElMasri

Rumour AFB & JT

My only concern with AFB is his age, 30 by the time he gets here. I would still go hard at him but if we get a May i wouldn’t be too upset if we miss out on him at $1m per year/4 years most likely
  92. ElMagicElMasri

SMH Luai

I think we offer him 900-1m but tigers 1.1-1.2 will get him over the line. You would hope AFB is the primary target but it’s feasible to fit both in at that price if we move some other parts around