Search results

1. Dapper Dog

Official Team List Round 20 v Knights + Match Discussion

TPJ - 10 runs, 96m (32 post contact) Stimson - 10 runs, 110m (49 post contact) Firstly, that is an indictment on the Knights' defence... but secondly what the hell is going on with TPJ? Is there still a back issue or other niggle?
  2. Dapper Dog

Now we get to watch Topine lead the team song with the jersey on his back - well deserved!
  3. Dapper Dog

At this point they may as well apologise for calling up Jackson's forward pass
  4. Dapper Dog

Schoupp's been tireless, but I'd like to see Burto go himself, or use Averillo/Fox more
  5. Dapper Dog

Pretty quiet first 20 minutes, has looked close to a linebreak during second phase play, playing fine so far
  6. Dapper Dog

Can't stand Braith anymore, but will say I enjoyed the half time analysis: all bulldogs/burto/fox praise, and barely any mention of the knights
  7. Dapper Dog

Is this a full game or just a bulldogs highlight reel? We are on fireeee
  8. Dapper Dog

Brilliant Really wishing we had JMK as 14 for next season now :tearsofjoy:
  9. Dapper Dog

We should have had two set-restarts (penalties in our 40) that set, what the hell ref
  10. Dapper Dog

Official Team List Round 19 v Titans + Match Discussion

We haven't tried our right edge once in the attacking 20 this half :triumph:
  11. Dapper Dog

C'mon Kiraz... now is your time!
  12. Dapper Dog

Was that Wayne Bennett on the phone, trying to poach the Fox mid-match??
  13. Dapper Dog

One of these one's :grimacing:
  14. Dapper Dog

Cummins was so hopeful in sending that up lol
  15. Dapper Dog

CASEY! Legit an awesome try-saving tackle, well done
  16. Dapper Dog

The crash play with the soggy weet-bic... lol
  17. Dapper Dog

Good shit! I've got all I needed for mine except 1... c'mon Kiraz! Get a try you elusive bastard :tearsofjoy:
  18. Dapper Dog

Official Team List Round 18 v Rabbitohs + Match Discussion

Why the hell did JMK improve his game out of sight since signing with the dolphins :tearsofjoy: If he fixes his service speed and decision-making with them too, I'll be disgruntled
  19. Dapper Dog

Official Team List Round 16 v Sharks + Match Discussion

Waddell starting, RFM to bench
  20. Dapper Dog

Former Panther Matt Burton

I guess "Vommer" can be his back-up nickname, in case he leaves the club
  21. Dapper Dog

News Doggies boys on Jordan Simi’s Poddy

We really need more interviews like this on the regular, rather than the shitty weekly media press conferences we get currently
  22. Dapper Dog

Official Team List Round 15 v Tigers + Match Discussion

Someone needs this in their sig - this guy is all of us
  23. Dapper Dog

He is safer than Okunbor, that's for sure, but since he lacks the pace to be a top winger, he is only a Band-Aid solution over our gaping right-wing problem. I'd rather us trial some debutants and see if we have any long-term prospects in our system. Seeing this happen on the weekend killed me...
  24. Dapper Dog

Round 15 Team News: Kurt Morrin in line to make his Bulldogs debut against the Tigers The Bulldogs have been forced into some changes for their Round 15 clash with the Tigers at CommBank Stadium on Sunday (4:05PM), with back-rower Kurt Morrin set to make his NRL debut off the bench. The 22...
  25. Dapper Dog

Would you take Maguire if he bought Jackson Hastings with him ?

"After reportedly making a big play for Luke Brooks in the off-season, the Knights have now set their sights on Jackson Hastings. The Sydney Morning Herald reported the Knights have had discussions about luring Hastings to Newcastle for 2023. Hastings is currently on a deal worth $375,000 in...
  26. Dapper Dog

Official Team List Round 14 v Eels + Match Discussion

Keep them scoreless so at half time they have no choice but to praise us
  27. Dapper Dog

Official Team List Round 14 v Eels + Match Discussion

Final leg of a 100:1 multi and I have dogs +15.5 - let's trot doggies!!!
  28. Dapper Dog

Team List Round 13 v Panthers + Match Discussion

Averillo looking like the best fullback at our club this year (the bar is low) If he's doing this well with a shortened week of training, I wonder what an entire pre-season could have done... instead we signed Dufty in the hopes that the defensive issues that have plagued him his entire career...
  29. Dapper Dog

Dufty Dropped Panthers Clash

I did too, his debut was unreal, and I thought he would be less useful to us on the wing (we so rarely shift to our edges as it is). But after last week's performance I kind of want to keep him on the wing (or dare I say... give him a shot at fullback...), purely for how he just looked so...
  30. Dapper Dog

Official Team List Round 12 v Dragons + Match Discussion

The dogs giveth, the dogs taketh away I was happy for exactly 1 minute :tearsofjoy:
  31. Dapper Dog

Official Team List Round 12 v Dragons + Match Discussion

They don't just have TPJ out... they have him replaced with Stimson... Whyyyyyyyyy :tearsofjoy:
  32. Dapper Dog

Okunbor

Hahaha, which fucker on here did this? (...and how long has it been there?)
  33. Dapper Dog

Okunbor

I used to cope by telling myself that even if he is our biggest defensive liability, at least he will bring strong carries out of our end and help us make metres ("remember when he ran over Cameron Smith? twice?!") But he isn't making us any metres. In Friday's game, where we struggled to gain...
  34. Dapper Dog

Official Round 11 - Bulldogs v Tigers

Where the fuck did that come from?
  35. Dapper Dog

Official Round 11 - Bulldogs v Tigers

Stimpson legitimately looks like soggy Weet-Bix when he hits the ball up
  36. Dapper Dog

Opinion Spot on James Graham

Was watching this live and just thinking the whole time 'Man I wish James Graham was part of our club/coaching staff' Don't think anybody can give a more impassioned pre-game speech than him
  37. Dapper Dog

why isnt Flanno kicking ?

My only guess is that we are less interested in the 2pts per conversion, and more interested in giving Burton goal-kicking practice/experience since he is the longer term prospect of the two.
  38. Dapper Dog

Round 8 Team V Roosters Match Discussion

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  39. Dapper Dog

Love ya Fox, but go closer to the posts ya bastard! I swear if we miss this kick too :sweatsmile:
  40. Dapper Dog

King at 13 :smirk:
  41. Dapper Dog

“I’m the one that made the decision” - Gus

Crawley and the 360 mob have been getting more and more brazen with their agenda of late. Last season? We were the bad guys for how we treated Kyle Flanagan and him crying (their fault, and the shafting from Robbo and the Roosters was all forgotten). This season? We were the bad guys for how we...
  42. Dapper Dog

Official Round 3 v Manly Match Discussion

Losing sight of the ball is his signature move though
  43. Dapper Dog

Official Round 3 v Manly Match Discussion

Seems to be an unpopular take, but for all the people saying Wakeham or Flanno should be promoted this week, I personally think they both need more time in NSW cup to gain more confidence in their playmaking, and develop some consistency in their game. If anything I would like to see BBO be...
  44. Dapper Dog

Luke Brooks

Also didn't watch and hadn't heard anything about how we went, but saw these highlights and did notice Flanno engaging the line before passing: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2022/03/21/bulldogs-v-raiders-nsw-cup-highlights-round-2/ NSW cup is the best place for him right now imo - hopefully he...
  45. Dapper Dog

Official Brothers, Lets Trot!

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have unveiled their new song that will play as they run out to the field during home games
  46. Dapper Dog

Official Round 2 vs Broncos Match Discussion

Looks like Barrett almost had a heart-attack there. A few more weeks of this and the Sack Barrett threads will be replaced by RIP
  47. Dapper Dog

Not to be a Debbie downer / a Marley, but we had the faster average play-the-ball speed compared to our opponents in all but five of our games last season. The only teams that outpaced us were the Titans (x2), Tigers (x2) and Knights (x1).
  48. Dapper Dog

Reynolds was also present in our most Rabbitohs clash, and we were a real chance of winning that game For those who have repressed the memory, it was the one where we led at half time, but then returned to the field with only 12 men...
  49. Dapper Dog

Sharks vs dogs trial

Pangai trying to get us some new sleeve sponsors from the Sharks' jersey
  50. Dapper Dog

Sharks vs dogs trial

In case anyone missed it, Pangai was put on report for this:
  51. Dapper Dog

Sharks vs dogs trial

Glad they don't give us the rub of the green in trials ey, gives us a proper preview of the season to come ffs
  52. Dapper Dog

Sharks vs dogs trial

Hyped for our trial like:
  53. Dapper Dog

The I’m sorry Jayden Okunbor thread

Shouldn't play another minute on the wing - let him learn second row in nsw cup
  54. Dapper Dog

News Members day

Can confirm what someone said about Dufty the other day. Was finishing last out of the entire squad during an endurance suicide run drill. Unsure if fitness/lazy or other, but it isn't reassuring at all seeing that from a fullback
  55. Dapper Dog

Rumour Brandon smith done deal

You're not wrong. I think Cook's Rabbitohs jersey is about to pop up on eBay any second...
  56. Dapper Dog

Graham Annesley discusses Dogs v Manly decisions

Well no wonder the refs/bunker are making dud calls - Annesley has lost touch with the modern game As the old adage goes: A fish rots from the head (of football) down
  57. Dapper Dog

Official Gus on Twitter

Yeah, I think most people on here are just meme'ing that up at the moment, but no doubt some of more hardcore #SackBarrett-ers truly believe it
  58. Dapper Dog

Official Adam Elliott and Bulldogs part ways

He doesn't look much better in his team photo for this season tbh
  59. Dapper Dog

Official Adam Elliott and Bulldogs part ways

Yeah I just read: "It comes after The Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie first reported “an influential pocket of dissenting Bulldogs players” want the book thrown at Elliott". Anyone know if this has been talked about/posted anywhere on here?
  60. Dapper Dog

Rumour Dogs coaching structure

I remember watching this video and thinking this will either net us the premiership or the spoon, and nothing in between
  61. Dapper Dog

Rumour Dogs coaching structure

Say what you will about our former coaching staff, but you leave legendary skills coach Steve James out of it If there is one thing commentator's still "praise" us for it's our handling and completion rates, and I'm sure the GOAT himself, Sir Stephen Leslie Keith James, sleeps well at night...
  62. Dapper Dog

Rumour Jeremiah Nanai

It's some old song "Jeremiah was a bullfrog, Was a good friend of mine" End thread lol
  63. Dapper Dog

Josh Stuckey Signed

If we trade him to the panthers he could be Stuck in the middle with Yeo
  64. Dapper Dog

Official Katoa NO CHARGE

The match review committee probably just figured keeping him in our 17 is the harshest punishment they can dish out
  65. Dapper Dog

Opinion Sack Barrett thread

Yeah look, Katoa getting game time after all the shit he's served up for us this season is a joke But sacking Barrett now at the back end of his first season, heading into our first promising season in 2022, after a dozen players have just signed to play under his coaching, and with there being...
  66. Dapper Dog

Opinion Sack Barrett thread

Anyone wanting Barrett sacked right this second sounds about as smart as Katoa
  67. Dapper Dog

Official Round 22 Bulldogs V Warriors - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Well I don't think it's a particularly good look for a GM to be tipping another club to beat their own... and it's not a good look for anybody to publicly tip our side to win any game at the moment. Sensible response imo
  68. Dapper Dog

Rumour Brandon smith done deal

Is it too premature to paste his head onto Flanno's body?
  69. Dapper Dog

Friendly avatar wager on tigers game?

This should be crossposted onto the tigers forum, I bet they'd back their team. Loser changes avatar on their preferred website for a week, to the image chosen by the winner Would be fun to see that actually happen and people follow through
  70. Dapper Dog

Official Round 21 Bulldogs V Tigers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Fitting that for members' appreciation round, Tbaz finally gives us some of the selections we've been clamouring for :kissingclosed: (Hi Baz, if you're reading this) Next up, to really make us feel appreciated, he'll swap BBO and Averillo, and drop SKatoa for Topine (hint hint)
  71. Dapper Dog

Jayden Okunbor

Analysing most compatible torsos...
  72. Dapper Dog

Jobels Belmore

It's like he was never there at all
  73. Dapper Dog

Jayden Okunbor

Ran the data through my predictive algorithm and think he'll look something like this in the blue and white next year
  74. Dapper Dog

Jayden Okunbor

Just read he's signed for another 2 seasons
  75. Dapper Dog

Official Bulldogs sign Tevita Pangai Junior for next three seasons

Third swing... but that's another miss!
  76. Dapper Dog

Nay to both, not many options left to guess!
  77. Dapper Dog

Looks good in the blue and white
  78. Dapper Dog

Matt Burton consolidated thread

Sack Burton
  79. Dapper Dog

Sione Katoa Out Suspended This Week

Praiiiiiiiiiise the heavenly match-review committeeeeee!
  80. Dapper Dog

News Is Barrett the attacking coach or just a myth vote?

Was going to say the same thing. I think our squad as a collective is easily the dumbest in the league. There is some talent sprinkled in there, but it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch, and my god is the Hopoate apple stale as fuck, and the Katoa and Elliot apples rotten all the...
  81. Dapper Dog

Sione Katoa your the weak link

Katoa and Elliot... this moment really summed up their performance for us this season
  82. Dapper Dog

Official Round 11 Bulldogs V Titans - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Damn, I was really hoping for Deitz at #9 and Topine at #14 Stoked for Schoupp though
  83. Dapper Dog

Post match

We have to hope that is happening behind closed doors. Interviews with the media are rarely "honest", so I don't think any media-led interviews are representative of NRL coaches / how they coach when the media aren't watching
  84. Dapper Dog

Deitz shits all over katoa

I saw someone say a while ago that Deitz had to start on the bench because the exemption was for him as a back-up hooker. Meaning while ever Katoa was fit, he automatically had to be the number 9. Round 11 is finally when we can have train and trial / developmental players come in without...
  85. Dapper Dog

Post match

That is the last thing Barrett should be doing. Blasting us in front of the media or not doesn't change a thing performance-wise, it just allows the media to have their way with us for another week or more. Look at how we became the villains last week for letting Flanagan be interviewed, when he...
  86. Dapper Dog

Rd 9 Dogs vs Dragons 3-2-1

Meaney frustrates me so much. He has so much speed, and I really want to like him. But he doesn't seem able to make a linebreak, or break a tackle, or get on the outside of players and run in open space... and it makes no sense when he has that much acceleration and speed.
  87. Dapper Dog

Strike #1 - Mr Barrett

In Barrett's defence, Elliot was playing on another level last year. If he was playing this bad last year, he'd be in super league right now
  88. Dapper Dog

Official Round 10 Bulldogs V Raiders - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Can we go one game without us getting caught with our pants down on play 5... multiple times??
  89. Dapper Dog

Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Haha what on earth... I thought you were memeing until I checked :sweatsmile:
  90. Dapper Dog

Round 4 Bulldogs V Souths - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

I'm... still holding faith... but... my god this is testing me... The good Lord Barrett is testing my faith on Easter Friday
  91. Dapper Dog

News Round 2 charges: Watene-Zelezniak, Feldt facing bans

Gee if our side even created the overlap for that to happen I'd be stoked lol