• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Search results

1. Hacky McAxe

News Flooding

Sure. It seems like a good idea. Until we have to verse the Sharks in the rain.
  2. Hacky McAxe

News Flooding

Welcome to climate change. This is the stuff scientists have been warning us about for the last 30 years. Hotter summers. Colder winters. Heavier flooding. Stronger storms. And it's only going to get worse.
  3. Hacky McAxe

News Flooding

The projections aren't very accurate. They model likely scenarios based on known earth systems. Basically they can tell roughly how much the temperature will rise, and roughly how much the sea level will rise. That stuff is easy to model and has generally been accurate in the models (even though...
  4. Hacky McAxe

Pope Francis resigning?

But only to the back-door
  5. Hacky McAxe

Movie Discussion

He honestly looks like that. Weirdly built. I also didn't rate him until I watched Peacemaker.
  6. Hacky McAxe

News Flooding

They're working on it. Hard to deal with when the climate is changing faster than it ever has before. There's many calling for Northern NSW and Southern Queensland areas to be listed as an inhabitable zone so the government can buy out the houses there and relocate people.
  7. Hacky McAxe

Movie Discussion

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it was just to avoid getting banned in certain countries. Everytime a movie pisses off China, their box office money plummets. That's why John Cena sucked Xi's balls when he accidentally said that Taiwan is a country
  8. Hacky McAxe

Movie Discussion

I laughed pretty hard when it came out that a lot of the movies he makes, they focus on close ups so he can stand on a box to make himself look taller.
  9. Hacky McAxe

Movie Discussion

Haven't got around to it yet but I've heard it's great. Some people pointed out that it is very much a recruitment video for the US airforce. But that was pretty much the first movie too. The other criticism I heard was that they apparently work hard to avoid pointing out who the enemy is...
  10. Hacky McAxe

An appreciation thread of the fairer sex

When she was on Home Improvement (the last photo) she was perfect. Unfortunately she started loading up on the plastic and each upgrade made her look worse.
  11. Hacky McAxe

3-2-1 vs sharks

3 - JMK 2 - Averillo 1 - Waddell - The only forward who made any real metres A little love for Flanno too. He can hold his head high.
  12. Hacky McAxe

Official Team List Round 16 v Sharks + Match Discussion

I felt bad saying it but not bad enough to hold back.
  13. Hacky McAxe

At least he won't remember how terrible he was
  14. Hacky McAxe

You know it's a strange game when JMK and Flanagan are your best players on the field.
  15. Hacky McAxe

Russia vs Ukraine

They seem to be getting progressively worse. Targeting two busy civilian areas in a short period of time. Still more humane than the US though.
  16. Hacky McAxe

Russia vs Ukraine

Russia made the smart move. They have started bombing other ports. Unfortunately they don't seem to care if it's military or civilian target.
  17. Hacky McAxe

Rookie defensive error. You can't back away in the wet on your own try line.
  18. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

The fortunate part is that many Conservatives lost faith in him after his election loss tantrum. I don't think he would get enough votes to win next time.
  19. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

This covers it more indepth https://world101.cfr.org/how-world-works-and-sometimes-doesnt/global-governance/what-liberal-world-order
  20. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

I'm guessing he's talking about classic Liberal. In other words, he's saying it's about freedom. You know. The usual thing an American shouts when they get attacked. Edit: more indepth than that it seems. Sounds like he's basically talking about free trade, UN, etc...
  21. Hacky McAxe

Russia vs Ukraine

The report from NATO is that this could go on for years. But Ukraine is running thin with many in NATO. Zelensky told them that Ukraine will need around $4 billion worth of equipment per week to keep the fight going.
  22. Hacky McAxe

What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

If you don't want to be sick, don't watch the Playboy documentary. It's really messed up. The reports you hear from ex-playmates, security, and others that worked on site will mess you up. They basically talk about how it was quite common for the women to be beaten and brutally raped by guests...
  23. Hacky McAxe

Russia vs Ukraine

Hard to say at this stage. Russia are arresting any Russian citizen who publicly speaks out against him.
  24. Hacky McAxe

Russia vs Ukraine

The other thing from the last few days was that Russia sent a surgical missile strike on a busy shopping centre in Ukraine which destroyed the shopping centre and killed 20-40 people. Ukraine called it state sanctioned terrorism. Russia is claiming that it didn't happen. They are claiming that...
  25. Hacky McAxe

Russia vs Ukraine

Apparently he said that he would respond symmetrically to any NATO build up in those countries. But of a step down from nuking, but he's still suggesting responding with military might.
  26. Hacky McAxe

Russia vs Ukraine

Oh also.... Turkey has now accepted Sweden and Finland's bid to join NATO. Which means that they could join NATO at any stage. Russia responded by again threatening to nuke them.
  27. Hacky McAxe

Russia vs Ukraine

This thread has gone quiet so small update... A few days ago Ukraine declared that they were on the verge of taking Snake Island. Russia responded by saying that there was a small force but Russia annihilated them. Yesterday Russia stated that as a good will gesture, they withdrew their...
  28. Hacky McAxe

Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

I saw them on the fairwell tour at Download in Sydney. It was amazing.
  29. Hacky McAxe

News Flooding

They base it off the council, and the council don't call it until after it rains. They don't bother with forecasts.
  30. Hacky McAxe

What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Interesting fact. Both these guys were born in New Zealand
  31. Hacky McAxe

News Flooding

Nah. We'll just play water polo instead.
  32. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Nah. I think we all feel civil war is possible. Just not that it's a secret conspiracy with both sides working together. We think it's actually two sides that hate each other so much that they would choose war over anything else.
  33. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

The problem now is that it's no longer a few southern states. It's 2/3rds of the Supreme Court. Scary times ahead.
  34. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Sheesh. They're one decision off a civil war.
  35. Hacky McAxe

Religious Discussion Thread

Salt? I thought it was chicken blood. I bit the head off a chicken for nothing?
  36. Hacky McAxe

I tried it but the pig got angry and attacked me. Any other animals I should bite?
  37. Hacky McAxe

It was the Prophet Samuel L. Jackson who said, "pigs are a filthy animal, and I don't eat filthy animals", and then it became scripture
  38. Hacky McAxe

2022 Round 16 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Gotta give it to Edrick Lee. Just made the record for most Newcastle tries in a match. Meanwhile they are 2 conversions from 9 attempts. Makes Burton's kicking look good.
  39. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Unless the government is going to allow people to own tanks and RPGs, I don't see how it's really that relevant.
  40. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

I tend to agree. But then you hit the problem of, where do you get your news from? The main stream media is definitely biased, but unfortunately the alternatives are much worse.
  41. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

You millennials and your Gay Irish Indian fetish.
  42. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

It wasn't a valid decision in this circumstance and has been laughed at by most legal scholars. They based their decision on a regulation that was put forward by Obama. But that regulation never passed. So they based their entire decision on a law that doesn't exist.
  43. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

All I read was that Realist wants a Gay Irish Indian for President.
  44. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

6 Republican elected Justices voted for, 3 Democrat elected Justices votes against. It's purely political.
  45. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

46. Hacky McAxe

Latest Census results

Trump claimed that he won the census, so they had to recount it 5 times.
  47. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Biden smokes cones? That explains a lot
  48. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

The predictions have the population stopping around 10 billion then declining a bit. But it's also possible the population growth won't stop and we'll flood the earth and you're right. We'll be screwed. But it's not just population growth that's the problem. Currently around 1% of the earth's...
  49. Hacky McAxe

The Funny Picture/Meme Thread

Better on Reddit anyway. His ones on Instagram are censored.
  50. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Yep. She has basically painted a target on her own back for life. And apparently she's doing it because she has an Axe to grind...
  51. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

You're using "hearsay" wrong. It would be hearsay if she said that someone else said that Trump said these things. As she was there to hear him, then it's not hearsay. It's her testimony of events. And I did say that it needs to be corroborated and is only a small part of the evidence. Maybe...
  52. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

The one who made the statement is a republican. She worked for the Trump administration as a senior aid. And it's a hearing testimony which means that it's part of evidence. But it needs corroboration. There's still many testimonies to go and other evidence to present. There was a few other...
  53. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

The modelling is a bit tricky. Deniers like to throw out, "all the models have been incorrect". Most haven't though. Most were off but within acceptable margins of error. But they are just short term models as the old models were old. Newest models seem to be accurate but the only way to test...
  54. Hacky McAxe

Be careful. He's Vegan. Anything more than a soft tap and you'll probably end up with a murder charge.
  55. Hacky McAxe

56. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

In other US politics news, during the hearing on the Capitol riot the Chief of Staff's primary aid stated that Trump was told protesters were trying to bring weapons in. Trump told the staff to remove the metal detectors and let his supporters through. This was right before he told them to march...
  57. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

Safe to say that you have been fed disinformation and you have taken it hook, line and sinker.
  58. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

Pretty easy to discredit it. You have about 25 that think that the current climate change is primarily driven by natural sources. Only a few of those are climatologists but if we expand it out to all earth/atmospheric scientists then we're looking at around 23 of those. So we're looking at...
  59. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

Yep. I see it all the time. "But Peter Ridd" Yes. Peter Ridd. The Physicist who said, "I've worked at the Great Barrier Reef and I've seen worse bleaching then this" Met that bloke at a Libertarian event once. Not a bad guy. But I asked him about it and he went on a rant about how Universities...
  60. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

It's the unfortunate thing that happens with misinformation. It gets ingrained in people's heads and refuses to come out. That's why conspiracies work so well. Honestly what surprises me the most is that you can tell people that companies like ExxonMobil not only found out the damage climate...
  61. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

I think you're going to have to back that one up with actual data. If it's true that there's not a consensus on climate change, then you're going to have to explain that to pretty much every scientific organisation. For example: NASA https://climate.nasa.gov/ The CSIRO...
  62. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

Ewww. Processed human? No thanks. Give me some fat bloke slow roasted over a spit.
  63. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

Their handling of it is pretty bad at times. The bridge incident was terrible and as you said, it could cost lives. And they definitely oversell how bad it is. But an official climate emergency has been declared by most Western countries and states. And this is all based on mountains of...
  64. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

The thing with climate change is that it's easy to dismiss because it's hard for regular people to read. You stick your head outside, it's freezing. Global warming must be a myth. Meanwhile in Europe this has been the hottest June on record with concerns that thousands will die this summer due...
  65. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

Not really a case of "if and when", it's already happening. Right now the migrations are generally only affected South and Central America with farmers forced to move due to conditions no longer supporting farming, but with increasing climate problems, more people from this countries will keep...
  66. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

A foreign government maybe. The main thing QAnon tries to do is turn people against the government.
  67. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

But occasionally it will bend the truth.
  68. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Your response is the same for many Christians. It's just odd with Realist sharing it when he was so strongly against gay marriage being allowed. It makes that first part wrong. Think of this same question in 2015... Secular Person: "I want to marry my partner" Christian person: "you're free to...
  69. Hacky McAxe

Climate Change

I like how you screwed up the sentence where you said that you're an uneducated fool. It was a nice touch.
  70. Hacky McAxe

Latest Census results

Admittedly the Jedi are in decline because there has been campaigns encouraging people to not write "Jedi", because that lists you as religious and when the state sees this, they say, "we should divert more funding to religious services"
  71. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

I like to see why they made that decision. Why the Catholics voted one way and most non-Catholics voted the other. It's the usual interpretation. Sure, RvW was on shaky ground. It probably didn't have constitutional strength. Yet it stayed in law for nearly 50 years. Had no reason to be...
  72. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

That's because you're so heavily entrenched in the right. If he's debating with you, it's not because you posted something left wing crazy. And if he's not debating with you then you're not reading his posts. Plus, you filter out stuff that doesn't help your ability to argue. Everyone sees...
  73. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Realist had never said that he hates women. I'm pretty sure he has the utmost respect for women. That's why he protects them from being allowed to do things themselves. It's a well known fact that many women every year die because they left the kitchen.
  74. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Does it really matter? I mean... Unless he changes his profile picture to Trump and starts crying about Antifa in every single post, you're still going to call him a lefty.
  75. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Can't get into that. It resulted in several members being told by Kennel staff that if they interact at all, they'll get a ban. So can't really discuss it.
  76. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Scalia was always very much hated by the left. Also, there was that other lie you told when you said that God created the Universe....
  77. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Yep. Unfortunately Ectopic pregnancy isn't the only thing that puts the mother at risk. But states don't limit it to ectopic pregnancy.
  78. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

I'll put it this way. He has been forcibly blocked from communicating with some left wing Labor voters because the debates became too heated.
  79. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

And some people are saying he's not an extreme Justice? Wants to shut down Sodomy, Same-sex marriage, Contraception, and freedom of press? The dude is on a power trip.
  80. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Fuck me. That's some backwards ass shit.
  81. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Yeah, I've seen that posted as well. Won't happen. Every state still allows for abortion to protect the mother. But there is still the unsafe abortion thing. That's the major concern.
  82. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

You've obviously never seem him arguing with Labor supporters.
  83. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Sorry. I must have misunderstood you. When you said, "do you really believe Biden won with the most amount of votes in history, lol", I thought you were saying that the voting was rigged toward Biden.
  84. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Recently? Nah. It's been that way since before the election. Biden was never in the lead on the poll.
  85. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

Yeah, I get what you mean. The whole judicial system is light on this kind of stuff. It's a bit of a double edged sword. Freedom to protest needs to be protected, but freedom from disruption also needs to be protected. Many are fighting for a good cause, but they are doing it wrong. And it's...
  86. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Speaking of percentages, I can't remember who was saying it a few weeks back (probably Realist), but they kept saying that the Kennel is dominated by Lefties with only a few right wing people. I would like to point out that the poll in this thread still has Trump as the preferred winner at...
  87. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

The changes they have listed are: Christian 2011 - 61.1% 2016 - 52.1% 2021 - 43.9% No religion 2011 - 22.3% 2016 - 30.1% 2022 - 38.9% The remaining are non-Christian religions. Anyone who listed a Christian denomination was listed as "Christian" and broken up into categories. For example...
  88. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

89. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

Seems like too much effort. It's a pretty big fall from the bridge. Plus you'll be giving the sharks something to eat.
  90. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

Like China? Imprison all protesters?
  91. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

Yeah. Regardless of the situation, it's considered malicious/dangerous driving.
  92. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Or... Sodomy. Until they outlaw that too.
  93. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Don't bother going there. Realist has already covered that well. He believes the "stolen election" conspiracy. He just doesn't harp on about it like others on here.
  94. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

The scientific understanding is that life begins at conception. But that's not necessarily "life" as you are thinking. A set of cells cannot think, breath, etc. They don't even have a nervous system. That's why there's other things to take into account. By the same scientific term a rat's life...
  95. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

Forgot to add, Scalia wasn't most respected by the left and right. He was one of the more entertaining judges but he was seen as a right wing Conservative. At the time on the bench he was considered to be one of the most Conservative Justices there was. He was adamantly against abortion and...
  96. Hacky McAxe

U.S. Politics - Thread

You're getting two things mixed up. The investigation found no evidence of Trump colluding with Russia but found that Russia helped Trump win the election. They didn't rig votes or anything like that. They ran pro-Trump anti-Clinton propaganda campaigns that were found to influence the election...
  97. Hacky McAxe

Bulldogs only...
  98. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

As I see it, disruption only causes real change if it directly causes real change. For example, if you want to really stop climate change then you kill half the earth's population Thanos style. As that's not an option, your only chance is by winning hearts and minds. I mean, you have over...
  99. Hacky McAxe

Sydney Protesters

Honestly, there isn't many ways to do it. Basic hearts and minds. Push atrocities through marketing (climate is killing children!), but try to be friendly to moderates. Protesting by blocking traffic only results in moderates taking a stance against climate action out of spite. Only way to...