• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Search results

1. c-b-b

Official Team List Round 12 v Dragons + Match Discussion

Sad to say but he’s another Moses Mbye. Might be able to play in different positions but not well in any particular one. I think the coaches he’s had have played a big part in his lack of development.
  2. c-b-b

Opinion Should Flanno take over now if appointed

Maybe it’s not up to him. He’s got a job elsewhere at the moment, perhaps he can’t just walk because something better came up. I’m sure he can have input but what’s the benefit of being involved in this rabble, hopefully a lot of it has gone by next season.
  3. c-b-b

Billy Slater

Will an interview be held because Billy only takes jobs if they’re offered without interview.
  4. c-b-b

News Flanagan and Sullivan could trade places in latest twist at Belmore

As much as it doesn't make sense I really hope it happens because it would make life easier.
  5. c-b-b

News Flanagan and Sullivan could trade places in latest twist at Belmore

A player swap between Canterbury halfback Kyle Flanagan and St George Illawarra counterpart Jayden Sullivan has been floated in a bid to solve the playmaking issues at both clubs. The development has put Flanagan’s father, Shane, in an invidious position given he is part of the Dragons’...
  6. c-b-b

Official Team List Round 12 v Dragons + Match Discussion

As much as I want Averillo to succeed people need to forget about him playing fullback. He would be a similar style to Dufty, can give a good pass or might score a electrifying try but he won’t be able to defend at the back or organise the defence. He’s made 70 tackles and missed 9 or 10 this...
  7. c-b-b

Stimson to Super League

That article gave me a laugh. We also lost “major signing” Brent Naden. Also says he’s only available to clubs with 200,000 pound upwards haha. The salary cap there is 1/3 of ours, as if any club would waste that chunk of their cap on Stimson. He might sign but it would be a very low deal...
  8. c-b-b

Why haven't we even contacted Flanagan yet ?

All I can say is thank God. He might be good to coach a few games a year that’s it. Let’s see how he goes this year without the backline he’s been used to.
  9. c-b-b

News ‘If he wasn’t the best halfback he wouldn’t play’: Shane Flanagan addresses elephant in the room as Bulldogs call looms

Daddy Flanagan please accept your son might have been good in lower grades or under 10’s but that doesn’t translate to FG footy. No other coach could get the best out of him but you will, yeah ok. As much as I hate the roosters I think their coach was a pretty good judge and moved him on. If...
  10. c-b-b

If Gus considers Freddy he’s lost the plot. We’ve just got rid of a coach who had a problem stint elsewhere, there’s no way Freddy is a club coach.
  11. c-b-b

ZDC Preparing to Play Hooker

The media just carry on about JMK because he’s Benji’s brother. The guy is 26 years old and they talk about him improving. If he was 19 or 20 I’d understand. Based on his rate of improving he should be a good player by the time he’s 45.
  12. c-b-b

Don’t believe what you hear in the media. No one’s going to come out and say we’re in advanced negotiations.
  13. c-b-b

News DOGS’ IDENTITY CRISIS COMES BACK TO BITE

Every team has players that have moved on and are playing elsewhere. Who cares. There’s hardly anyone decent on that list.
  14. c-b-b

BUZZ: the full-time flare-up viewers missed (Naden & Dufty)

Will NRL 360 dedicate a whole show to it tomorrow.
  15. c-b-b

News Shane Flanagan puts his hand up to lead the basket case Bulldogs

My opinions going to differ to most on here. Not interested in seeing Gal or Ennis anywhere near the place. James Grahams a different story, would love to see him back.
  16. c-b-b

News Dufty secures Super League deal; Hetherington eyes Knights

I’m not the one that needs to relax brother, read thru the rest of the thread.
  17. c-b-b

News Dufty secures Super League deal; Hetherington eyes Knights

We’re the stupid c**** who offered Dufty a contract. We’re not offering him another one and he’s going elsewhere, I don’t get the hate. We were the only club who offered him a deal, the blame sits with Gould on this one, the player wasn’t becoming a superstar under tbags.
  18. c-b-b

News The Bulldogs in danger of losing sponsor

What a hypocrite, do his venues have pokies, tab, keno etc. And what is it with West Tigers supporters sponsoring the club. Wasn’t the jaycar owner also a tigers supporter.
  19. c-b-b

He’s threatening to walk away from social media again like he does every few weeks.
  20. c-b-b

There was a rumour he’d bring Gal along. I’d hate that.
  21. c-b-b

News Jim Dymock puts his hands up in interest to coach the Bulldogs for 2023 and further

Dymock isn’t a FG coach. He’s on a similar level to Pay. He won a few games at the back end of a season, if anyone judges him by that they have no idea. That was also in 2011, how many jobs have come up since then and no club has gone near him.
  22. c-b-b

The other thing is he’ll drop him for who? Averillo, Wakeham is gone at the end of the year. The other option is Rajab but we don’t even know if he’s up to FG standard yet.
  23. c-b-b

News ‘Can’t look anywhere else’: Ennis’ passionate Bulldogs plea in huge Flanagan endorsement

He’s more of a half than a centre or a fullback which some people dream he can become. Whether he’s a first grade half is another question and he’s definitely not a 7.
  24. c-b-b

News ‘Can’t look anywhere else’: Ennis’ passionate Bulldogs plea in huge Flanagan endorsement

His son is signed for 23 and the only other halves signed would be Averillo and probably Rajab. My feeling is he’ll try and build a game plan around his son for at least a year while he’s contracted.
  25. c-b-b

Ennis is one of the most agenda driven people in the media. Never has a bad word to say about people he knows, many of them have clear deficiencies. Not talking specifically about Flanno but in general.
  26. c-b-b

The Biggest issue with the bulldogs …

The biggest issues with the club go back to the end of the Dib era. Then the Andersons wanted to blow the place up and start again. There were other solutions but they thought they were doing the right thing. Those decisions have resulted in years of pain for us and more to come. Apart from...
  27. c-b-b

Opinion Rd 12 team

For those saying BBO at 7 he’s another Averillo. He has talent but the coaching staff are killing it by not helping him find his best position and keeping him there. If he’s a 7 (which I doubt) he needs to play NSW cup there.
  28. c-b-b

Opinion How much of Thompson’s salary are you willing to pay

I just can’t work out how we’re keeping this guy and letting go of Vaughan. Only possible explanation is we just can’t offload him.
  29. c-b-b

I hate bringing it up again but the Anderson era included signing Barrett plus Thompson and Cotric. There’s a lot of work to clean those players you mentioned.
  30. c-b-b

Averillo

I kind of feel for him. Imagine being coached by Pay and Barrett. I’m sure he does have talent but he needs a decent coach to know what it is and develop it. We don’t have that at our club.
  31. c-b-b

Terrible signing. Thompson is a waste of cap space and not NRL standard.
  32. c-b-b

Averillo

He’s not a centre. I don’t know what he is anymore but he needs to be in NSW cup.
  33. c-b-b

Official Matt dufty

The experiment hasn’t worked out. Just one of many over the years.
  34. c-b-b

2022 Round 11 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Absolutely. We are so far off the pace. Spreading the ball is in slow mo when we do it. Hopefully we find someone serious for strength and conditioning.
  35. c-b-b

Official Round 11 - Bulldogs v Tigers

No way that’s worthy of a sin bin.
  36. c-b-b

News Matt Lodge

Waits for the integrity unit.
  37. c-b-b

Have the Bulldogs hit rock bottom

He's been pretty critical of the club in the past. Wonder if he'd be saying different stuff if he wasn't employed here.
  38. c-b-b

Anthony Milford

From todays threads: 1. Laurie 6. Milfy 7. Flanno 9. Cook Burton is going and Reed to backflip according to the media.
  39. c-b-b

News Wayne’s cheeky call to Dogs star

Things are getting desperate for old Benny, I wonder if he'll have enough players to field a team.
  40. c-b-b

News Coaches like Cameron Ciraldo and Jason Ryles should stay well clear of Belmore

Matty finally got something right that's a first.
  41. c-b-b

Rumour Dogs considering Cameron Smith

There can’t be many people left in RL who haven’t been connected with our coaching job. Getting ridiculous now.
  42. c-b-b

Opinion Anyone else watching Harper and thinking wtf

I’m now thinking wtf are people still doing talking about this.
  43. c-b-b

Short term pain.. Long term gain

I think he’s setting low expectations but things will be more positive than what he’s saying.
  44. c-b-b

Michael Potter announced as interim Head Coach of the Bulldogs...

I really want the permanent coach to be appointed soon. It will give us something to look forward to even though it will probably be for next year. Seems like every year we’re looking forward to a change so hopefully it’s for real this time and we’ve turned the corner.
  45. c-b-b

Michael Potter announced as interim Head Coach of the Bulldogs...

Better option than the Barrett look alike or Furner. Hopefully he makes sensible team selections, all the very best to him, now to dodge the spoon.
  46. c-b-b

Opinion Spot on James Graham

Zap should really consider himself lucky. Played virtually a handful of games for us and has been employed for years since he retired. I’m glad to see Gus doing this clean out.
  47. c-b-b

Bulldogs DNA

We need to stop looking to the past. Bulldogs DNA, dogs of war, bullfrog are all things of the past. It doesn’t mean we forget about them. People don’t talk about Panthers DNA, Manly DNA it just seems it’s talked about with us. Create a decent team, get them playing well and create a new legacy...
  48. c-b-b

I hit up flanno sr on instagram

I really don’t like Flanno but would be more willing to accept it if his son wasn’t here.
  49. c-b-b

Zap is goneski apparently.
  50. c-b-b

He’s definitely one I’d like back at the club in some capacity.
  51. c-b-b

News Anthony Mundine makes shock offer to join Canterbury Bulldogs coaching staff

All of you missed the most important part. Steve Turner is missing from the staff list. Who will conduct the high quality interviews now.
  52. c-b-b

Is it time to privatise?

For what reason? Leagues club give us all the money we need. Manly with co owners was a disaster. If anything some changes might need to be made so the board is in for slightly longer so they’re not looking over their shoulder at the next election.
  53. c-b-b

Madge now?

He signed Naden, enough said.
  54. c-b-b

PANGAI TRAINING ON DAY OFF

Weedler spoke to him and he said he’s still got 3 years to go. Also said he loves the club. if any player decides to leave the club before a new coach is appointed and they see what things are like they’re stupid.
  55. c-b-b

News First Casualty of Barrett Resignation

Far too many of them. Flanno, Allan, Waddell too.
  56. c-b-b

Who is next to get the chop?

Hopefully JMK goes elsewhere for next year. That leaves money from Hetherington, Naden and JMK. If we can somehow offload Allan the new coach might have the chance to buy a few recruits.
  57. c-b-b

News First Casualty of Barrett Resignation

What will we do without Hetherington between his injuries and suspensions. Naden s attitude was poor, anyone could tell he was having a sook after being moved from the centres.
  58. c-b-b

Potter gets the nod as interim

They’ve got half the players we let go. Brad Abbey, Watson Heleta, Kayne Kalache.
  59. c-b-b

Win win situation

All we need is for JMK to not take up his option and a few others to move on.
  60. c-b-b

Potter gets the nod as interim

Look at the players Mounties have and that will answer why they’re second last. The better players are in the bulldogs side as we are cutting ties with Mounties in 23.
  61. c-b-b

Who's next? Furner or Sandercock?

Potter is probably the better option.
  62. c-b-b

Naden signs with Tigers

Fkn wonderful news.
  63. c-b-b

Naden signs with Tigers

Great move if true, waste of cap space.
  64. c-b-b

Bellamy

At the start of the day I was hoping the club took it's time to appoint a coach. After today I hope they do it soon. So far we've seen Madge, Noddy, Fitler, Bellamy, Green, Henry, Ennis amongst others. I think Bellamy has proven he can coach - originally people said he was a good coach because...
  65. c-b-b

Noddy

He’s a bit like Ennis, trying to either coach or play at every NRL club.
  66. c-b-b

Madge now?

There’s a blast from the past haha.
  67. c-b-b

Noddy

But he has bulldogs DNA.
  68. c-b-b

Madge now?

Can’t stand some of these names being thrown up by the media.
  69. c-b-b

Opinion Appointing Interim coach are bulldogs throwing in the towel poll

The other thing with those names is you can't comment about things in hindsight. You're in the firing line and open to criticism, it might not be so easy when the shoe is on the other foot. A few of them are genuinely good analysts, others I wonder how well they would go actually having to coach...
  70. c-b-b

‘No regrets at all’: Kikau remains committed to Canterbury

How will the journos cope. No mass exodus, no backflips, players are still coming to the club.
  71. c-b-b

I'm just happy Ennis won't be at the club, if he says it's happening there's no chance.
  72. c-b-b

Fkn hell. If the best coach is currently with another club should we just take the next best option because they can’t come straight away.
  73. c-b-b

News ‘He’s telling lies’: Gus Gould can’t escape past deception

You’re 100% right he wouldn’t go down that road. The media love making out everyone who’s moved on from the club as a victim. Same with Dean Pay, Flanno being recalled for the Penrith game, it’s just ridiculous. Barrett had some decent players in the squad. He also caused his own issues by...
  74. c-b-b

I agree and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. They tried to help Barrett safe face but the board and Gus wanted him gone. The media say the team isn’t performing well, we’ve got recruits to be in a better position yet when we take action we’re a bad club What was the other option, to...
  75. c-b-b

No doubt that Gus has plenty of spin in him. But he is part of the club and trying to fix the mess. I’m not going to support everything he does but the right call was made on Barrett however that happened. We needed someone with some football IQ to help the club as it’s been in a mess for years...
  76. c-b-b

Lucky Anasta is pure and tells the truth about everything. It’s a pretty big claim to make in the media, maybe Gould should consider some legal advise.
  77. c-b-b

News ‘Seismic ramifications’: Barrett’s recruits looking for the exit as Dolphins swoop

Well said mate. Would some of these players like Burton and JAC be happy not being considered for origin as opposed to last year when they were with winning teams.
  78. c-b-b

News ‘Seismic ramifications’: Barrett’s recruits looking for the exit as Dolphins swoop

When a decent coach comes in and we start winning some games the boys will quickly forget Barrett. For those who were happy with losing and easy training days please move on.
  79. c-b-b

Will Hansen get the flick ?

Sick of people using this club as a cash cow going back to Haslers’ days. The club needs a decent coach and assistants and the rest will look after itself.
  80. c-b-b

News Arthur Laundy demands answers on Trent Barrett

Can this club please find a normal sponsor. I don’t like to speak of the dead but the guy from Jaycar, then it was going to be Mr Rashays now this bloke. Have those conversations behind closed doors Arthur, not to the media.
  81. c-b-b

Opinion Why do our players need to miss 2 days of training ?

Tbh I’m not really concerned about this. I’m more worried about the interim coach, if we get rid of useless people like Ferris and who the long term coach is.
  82. c-b-b

POLL : Available Coaches and Coaching Records - Choose your poison.

Perfect example of nepotism and an average player. Anyone who think Shane will drop his son or sign another half is dreaming. We’ll be stuck with Kyle.
  83. c-b-b

News ‘They’ve lost their DNA’: Bulldogs great takes aim club’s recruiting and names his next coach

All these fox guys have an agenda and push for their mates. Hard to take what they say seriously or consider they are being objective.
  84. c-b-b

POLL : Available Coaches and Coaching Records - Choose your poison.

The feeling I have toward Flanno is the same feeling I had toward Hasler when he was announced. I just knew he wouldn’t connect with the club and it would end in tears. Flanno jr is no Cleary jr and I doubt Gus overlooks this fact when considering Shane as a candidate.
  85. c-b-b

Opinion Interim Coach

I wonder if that is a plan. Give it to him for the season, if he does well over the next 6 weeks maybe he gets a year or two.
  86. c-b-b

News ‘I certainly wasn’t going to sack him’: Gould explains abrupt Barrett exit

I wonder if Gus would stand for parliament, he certainly sounds very much like a politician,
  87. c-b-b

Opinion Gus met with Shane Flanagan at a Cafe

I hate both Flannos, but fine bring him in on the condition his son plays elsewhere.
  88. c-b-b

News Ready Freddy? Fittler in mix for Bulldogs job as Baz walks with $500k: Blog with Hoops

Please no. We just had a coach that failed elsewhere. I could coach state of origin with the best players available. He’s one of the boys, just not what we need right now.
  89. c-b-b

News Dogs set for overhaul as ‘huge’ Barrett call could trigger $500k star’s early exit:

The guy is playing like shit, if he thinks Barrett is good for his career he is deluded.
  90. c-b-b

Bulldogs star Paul Vaughan’s takes pot shot at media as coach walks

That’s why he was pissed off. Petrol is 2.13 at the moment. But in seriousness good on him, the media are vultures.
  91. c-b-b

The Barrett clause

Imagine any players saying they only want to be coached by tbagz.
  92. c-b-b

Rumour Burton Could Walk Out On Dogs

Although this is just the media stirring things I really don’t care anymore. He is not playing to the level he was made out to be. We were all hoping to be in a better position than we are in but we weren’t winning a premiership either. He should have never been under any illusions that hard...
  93. c-b-b

News Bulldogs directors losing patience with struggling Barrett

I think Gus’ reputation is most important to him. He won’t protect anyone at his own expense. When journos start writing about Gus being unable to rebuild the club he will move into action. Hopefully that’s soon.
  94. c-b-b

Opinion Do we have a Laundry problem?

The scandals used to give the team an us vs them mentality. My brother who follows the bulldogs but overall he doesn’t follow sport that closely was speaking to me yesterday said it will take years for the bulldogs to be on their feet again. When it’s that obvious to people that don’t follow...
  95. c-b-b

I think you’re a similar vintage to me and we’ve been so used to seeing success. There’s been issues along the way but we’ve never been down for long. This last 5-6 years has really killed my love for the game.
  96. c-b-b

Dogs Gone

Fkn lol, tbag, the best one yet.
  97. c-b-b

Dogs Gone

Really this club is getting to Wests Tigers level. It’s so sad to see. Players come and go, paying players to go elsewhere after signing them on stupid deals.
  98. c-b-b

I agree but Laundy did get a good deal in that first year. That said a club consistently finishing in the bottom 4 isn’t an attractive product to sponsor, hopefully things turn for us in all departments on and off the field.
  99. c-b-b

News Bulldogs directors losing patience with struggling Barrett

I’ll take the article with a grain of salt but if by chance Gus really believes Barrett is somehow going to change the clubs fortunes then he has lost the plot.