• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Search results

1. diddly

Official Team List Round 12 v Dragons + Match Discussion

Both games on Fox i believe
  2. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

simon n garfunkel song reference - ????
  3. diddly

Maybe that is what the plan is- finally let the home crowd give them a send off.
  4. diddly

If that is the team that runs out on Sunday iv lost all confidence in the club - what do the usual suspects have to do to get dropped? Dufty? Averillo?
  5. diddly

News Potter issues challenge to Dogs

Lack of discipline is not confined to on the field - if the figures referred to in the media are true - Stimson 400k Allan 500k Hetherington 500k Flanagan 450k - signing them is bad enough but paying them so much is even worse. No patience no discipline do the work that good recruitment requires
  6. diddly

Opinion Topine

I agree a HUGE difference between fg and rm n nsw cup BUT when stimson okunbor averillo (one game only) were playing NSW Cup others on the same field in the same games playing the same opposition including Topine Kiraz Alamoti Morrin were much better.
  7. diddly

News Thomas Duffy

Last year the club played him at fb in flegg and this year one game in nsw cup at fb - at the time i thought it odd as he is a very good 5/8 - however after watching tmaire Martin at fb - ball playing fb might work
  8. diddly

Opinion Topine

Topines performance against Wests was his best game of the year. He has been on the bench for NSW Cup and also played a game or two in Flegg so it is clear the Barrett regime didnt consider him a first grade player - Potter might have a different perspective. The Barrett regime did consider...
  9. diddly

News Thomas Duffy

The club knows how to waste cap n top 30 spts - first graders(?) from other clubs signed over the last few years - DWZ, Stimson, Woods Naden Foran Allan Burns Do you now if the club sees Rajab as a potential fullback?
  10. diddly

News Thomas Duffy

Stuckey looks better in the middle - Gus replied to a twitter i sent re the Flegg middles - he replied that they are signed for next year - at least one of Hughes Kalati Cox and Todd i would think would develop into a quality middle.
  11. diddly

News Thomas Duffy

I know the club is trying to turn Hoffman into a backrower - he might be going well but i just dont notice him when watching NSW cup - rest i agree with. I would hope the club could find one of those tall backrowers type that nth qld seem to have plenty of - athletic, hard to tackle
  12. diddly

Opinion Topine

A lot of chimps can learn and learn quickly with the right rewards
  13. diddly

Opinion Topine

The high energy should be a given basic requirement of a fullback and a half - Lachlan Miller in one game showed it, Jahrome Hughes, Jackson Hastings Luai etc show it each game - Flanagan points and jogs sideways, Dufty only runs hard if no one is near him. Hastings isnt quick but he keeps...
  14. diddly

Opinion Topine

A lot of clubs have moved on from the three big forwards on the bench and are confident in playing a smaller forward or utility who can play edge or middle - particularly during the last 25 minutes. One smaller forward on the field throughout the game seems to work if they are high energy...
  15. diddly

News Shane Flanagan puts his hand up to lead the basket case Bulldogs

Very good point about Sen getting Jun to go to roosters
  16. diddly

Opinion Credence Toia

Toia is quick - havent seen enough of him to determine if he is a "Michael lett type or a Rod Silva type" - light frame, backs up, moves well and can finish - yet to see him start things or need to defend and put body on the line.
  17. diddly

Official Round 11 NSW Cup

Just leave out dufty Averillo and okunbor. Jac to fb, at least parts of game.
  18. diddly

Corey Allan

Played well in Reggie's yesterday
  19. diddly

Corey Allan

Allan is a reasonable defensive style of centre. Mayber if he was playing on Friday instead of Averillo the right edge defence may have done it's job
  20. diddly

News Shane Flanagan puts his hand up to lead the basket case Bulldogs

Ask whoever you know what is the reasoning for the continued changes to the flegg side.
  21. diddly

Mavoni has played in two games and was diabolical due to no fitness. He just couldn't keep up. He had one or two strong carries, spent a lot of his time on the field trying to catch his breath or behind each teams attacking line.
  22. diddly

Barrett knew axe could fall if Dogs lost to Knights

Any player, including the captain, who wants to blame anyone but themselves and the coaching staff (including Barrett) for the demise of Barrett as coach are quickly losing credibility. The decision whether it was made by Barrett, the board or Gould was forced due to the on field performances...
  23. diddly

Averillo

The Dogs have a knack of finding outside backs that have no idea or interest in defending and are unable to teach them
  24. diddly

When playing Flegg has been ok not a standout.
  25. diddly

Some good points - tend to agree with it all - BBO plays instinctively, agile - i think he is a better 9 than a half club needs to decide where he is best suited and develop him. Morrin n Topine bring energy but lack size - be difficult to play both in fg at same time, from memory when Morrin...
  26. diddly

what year?
  27. diddly

clark
  28. diddly

nswrl facebook page
  29. diddly

Great try to Eli Clark
  30. diddly

I would - ease JAC into FB - different parts of the game swap Allen n JAC around. Need to lose Averillo Okunbor n Dufty
  31. diddly

Anyone else watching - based on the first half would you play Alamoti in fg next week?
  32. diddly

Opinion Rd 12 team

You are probably correct but the best part of watching last night was seeing Kiraz, RFM and ZDC provide some energy - at least it is possible it could be better - can hardly be worse than what Flanagan does.
  33. diddly

Opinion Rd 12 team

I want Creedence to debut, the Doggies win and read the headline about Creedence reviving the dogs season
  34. diddly

Opinion Rd 12 team

Allan only has to defend to be better than Averillo to make a difference - club needs to decide if they see BBO as a 7 or 9 and give him time in the position. Flanno just hasnt improved and Wakeham is most likely being moved on - id be trying Rajab or Hayward - neither are ready but playing them...
  35. diddly

Opinion Rd 12 team

Hopefully if Flanagan gets the job, junior is found a nice extended contract in the north of England - surely Gould has contacts that can make it happen
  36. diddly

Potter post match presser

Potter seems quirky/ awkward/ stand offish almost the opposite of Barrett who was very personable - maybe Potters manner being less "cuddly" will hasten the needed changes to personnel attitude and performance. At least threaten the comfort zone of many i hope
  37. diddly

The Biggest issue with the bulldogs …

Need to re direct the energy from whats wrong, errors, mistakes etc to doing what improves or fixes things - emphasise falling on the dropped ball not that the ball is dropped, not who has shown they cant do the job but who might be able to do a better job, Continually re describing the problems...
  38. diddly

The Biggest issue with the bulldogs …

IMHO - the number one issue is lack of Discipline There are a myriad of reasons going back to Hasler/ Castle/ Cleal - compounded by Andersons etc - that have created a club needs to re establish discipline - whether it is recruitment, moving players on, coaching, training, preparing or playing...
  39. diddly

Okunbor

40. diddly

Potter post match presser

Agree with the comments about Jackson not looking happy with Potter at the press conference - last two weeks body language was "sulking" - good captains dont sulk.
  41. diddly

Averillo

Even more disappointing than his efforts in first grade have been his efforts or lack of when dropped back to reserve grade - disinterested lazy at best
  42. diddly

Opinion Rd 12 team

JAC Kiraz Schoupp Allan Alamoti Burton Hayward / Rajab Vaughn JMK King TPJ Waddel Jackson RFM Patolo ZDC Thompson Averillo Okunbor Dufty Stimson should go - at some point young halves debut why not now - Flanagan has put in some good efforts defensively but he still refuses to run at the line...
  43. diddly

Opinion Rd 12 team

Watch nsw cup tomorrow. Have a reasonably informed opinion of who will offer more than who played tonight.
  44. diddly

Averillo

He refuses to compete unless there is space.
  45. diddly

Okunbor

No team can have players who refuse to run the ball. Averillo n Flanagan are either too scared of contact or lazy. The dogs play with 11 in attack when they are on the field together.
  46. diddly

Problem is Systematic

Imo the first thing that the club needs is discipline. Nothing will change unless the players coaches whether established or new signings need to have discipline drilled into which starts at training.
  47. diddly

Official Round 11 - Bulldogs v Tigers

Nsw cup I believe is on the nswrltv tomorrow. See who can play next week in place of dufty Averillo okunbor Stimson Flanagan.
  48. diddly

Here's the thing about 2024

I m optimistic about 2023, kikau Mahoney tpj Burton addo Carr is nearing the nucleus of a good team. Add some fitness n hard nosed coachalso believe Gould is pushing the under promise over deliver scenario.
  49. diddly

Here's the thing about 2024

Plenty of cash to keep Burton in 24 if the club wants to. Have you seen much of Casey? - He can do some good things but he is Okunbor/ Naden/ Dufty standard with his brain explosions (sin bins) and handling
  50. diddly

At the moment the coaches/ club are desperate for a win - at any cost - at his best he would be picked - maybe his training has been such that he has demanded selection. I dont know what Ava S has done to be overlooked and when played given so few minutes
  51. diddly

I like the big numbers, reminiscent of the years when the dogs were a strong club. Number 39 was the third grade prop. Occasionally there would be a number 40 something.
  52. diddly

Official SG ball and Harold Matthews 2022 Draw

Was the city side under 18 or was it also changed to 19s?
  53. diddly

Not the biggest player but seems he has footy sense. Did a lot of good things in sgball playing a lot of different roles, mainly fb
  54. diddly

I was looking forward to see Iverson matai play this year, didn't run much. Passed and tackled well. O'Neill was a much more dominant half. Where is papalli most suited 1,6,7,13 or 9? Very versatile
  55. diddly

Good starting pack not so much the bench, hopefully rfm is fit. Rotation will be tricky. Might see jmk play some lock.
  56. diddly

Docker clay has been playing hooker, in the halves and back row. Hooker and back row he has been good, energised the team with his running. Not as effective in the halves in my opinion,
  57. diddly

I hit up flanno sr on instagram

Remind Flanno sen how a stint England has impacted Hastings as a footy player and as a person and leader. +
  58. diddly

News Gus goes in-depth on coaching saga: Six Tackles with Gus

Gould's more recent comments about another 18 months of difficulties whilst true to an extent i believe is also about "under promise over deliver" which if it happens creates optimism and a more positive mindset. Im optimistic about 2023 particularly if players who are underperforming and over...
  59. diddly

Was injured during st George game, don't know how bad?
  60. diddly

Opinion State of the roster for 2023

Pele might develop into fg - bit slow n lumbering even in nsw cup - hiroti has been around nsw cup level for awhile - would hope there is better available in flegg comp
  61. diddly

I hit up flanno sr on instagram

If the 1,6,and 9 are very good the 7 doesn't need to be great.
  62. diddly

Who is next to get the chop?

Lose Thompson keep vaughn
  63. diddly

NRLol 360

He was spot on, if anyone hasn't seen it or listened to it worth searching to do so.
  64. diddly

News First Casualty of Barrett Resignation

Hetherington on 500k no wonder he liked tb. If he goes that money as well as nadens and jmk already looking elsewhere before this week frees up a lot of dollars. All three can be replaced by players on not much more than minimum, lots left over for spine players.
  65. diddly

PANGAI TRAINING ON DAY OFF

Most encouraging sign was that he showed initiative and trained when he didn't have to. I hope a few others did the same.
  66. diddly

I'm hoping kiraz plays, he has been consistently one of the better players each game. Defence needs work, often ends up in the space between attacking players. Lots of energy and intensity in his play.
  67. diddly

Potter gets the nod as interim

Willie mason still on staff?
  68. diddly

Opinion Appointing Interim coach are bulldogs throwing in the towel poll

I would hope that the the permanent coach would start as soon as possible - i believe there may be more effort, at least, from players playing for the new "boss" rather than than the temporary "boss". Do they interview, call for applications or just approach who they want and appoint?
  69. diddly

Opinion This weeks team

I assume that the 24 to be named today will be sorted out over Gould's lunch with the assistant coaches - regardless of the final 17 i hope the 24 does not include Dufty, Naden and Okunbor - start sending the message that not improving your weakness, repeating the same mistakes, repeated lack...
  70. diddly

Some Perspective

"DNA" "Culture" "Family Club" "Dogs of War" - have become overused meaningless cliches of backwards thinking hope. Do the work - make educated decisions with the right degree of due diligence - and do more intense and purposeful hard work.
  71. diddly

NRLol 360

They did make the point of the lack of fitness. So it's not just us supporters who recognize it.
  72. diddly

Official Consolidated Trent Barrett Leaving Bulldogs Thread

I believe he had the best interests of the club at the forefront of his intentions.
  73. diddly

Official Consolidated Trent Barrett Leaving Bulldogs Thread

Would be step forward if the players leadership group showed some leadership - maybe direct the squad to turn up at Belmore on their day off (Tuesday) and do a load of extras - whether it be goal kicking, passing from dummy half, short kicks long kicks, catching bombs whatever they can practice...
  74. diddly

Official Trent Barrett’s future consolidated thread

According to Riccio - Gould has told player Barrett has quit and the players sent home.
  75. diddly

Barrett quitting would probably be the best outcome at this point - he appeared completely out of ideas n emotionally drained during the press conference on Friday. Whilst he has fallen well short as a coach some of the players efforts have been embarrassingly unprofessional and a reflection...
  76. diddly

Readingg media stuff today - 1. If club doesnt get a better a coach club will lose players and won be able to sign quality 2 if Barrett goes the club will lose players and wont be able to sign quality
  77. diddly

It may be a bad look but it is worse look keeping them them - I think 10 is a minimum - very few if any off contract deserve to be extended - id be pushing hard for these contracted players - thompson flanagan allan waddell okunbor averillo cook jmk patolo naden burns - to find new clubs - just...
  78. diddly

Round 11 changes

Two most consistent nsw cup players have been kiraz n morrin. I'd promote those two for dufty and patolo for starters. Jac to fb
  79. diddly

I'd have tangata toa as interim, need someone who knows the current roster strength n weakness etc. Looks like Barrett some players won't notice the change.
  80. diddly

If Barrett goes even though Gould wants him to stay, and Gould stays who would want to work as coach under Gould
  81. diddly

Whatever decision is made Gould needs to be be good with it. A difference in judgement between Gould and board will just add to the issues.
  82. diddly

2022 Round 10 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Sharks suffering from having too many slower players getting the ball. As well as they might defend finucane, tolman, graham, McInnes together are a handbrake in attack
  83. diddly

2022 Round 10 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Playing the dogs is like a intense opposed session. Gets Teams ready for the real games
  84. diddly

Round 11 changes

For next week - loan one of our half backs (Flanagan) to Melbourne for three weeks whilst they are without Hughes n Papynhausen - theyd come back a better player - Flanagan would be ideal just link pass it to someone else and do as you are told by grown men
  85. diddly

Rumour Burton Could Walk Out On Dogs

What all players wanting out of a shit team need to be reminded of is that they are in fact contributors to that shit team. Dogs have a lot of $$$$ available to spend on 2024 contracts - money wont be an issue from the club perspective. What the club still hasnt mastered is the due diligence...
  86. diddly

Round 10 Jersey Flegg

Haywood /Howard Bailey H - was at the game on Saturday - no strapping or moon boot - so hopefully not long (just guessing but i cant even read/type a surname correctly)
  87. diddly

Round 10 Jersey Flegg

He defends well bounces back when hit after passing. His passing game is outstanding. Club has played him at fullback a few times including in Reggie's. Bailey Howard is more a organizing half. Both are a lot more busy than Averillo wakeham n Flanagan, need to find out if they can take it the...
  88. diddly

Round 10 Jersey Flegg

Eli Clarke is consistent at this level, Rajab n Howard look classy when the strong middles are on the field, Really difficult to get a read as there constant changes to the team. Get a much better idea when the same team runs out a few games in a row.
  89. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

Get both Rajab and Howard playing in Reggie's asap and see how they go in open age footy.might provide some answers.
  90. diddly

Round 10 Jersey Flegg

Won 30 to 22 Watched the game, seen most of the flegg games this year. I would love to know the philosophy behind team selections. I get that there are and have been injuries, seems to be a merry go round of who plays. We're up 30 nil. A few were busted by the end of the game.
  91. diddly

Official Round 10 v Knights Match Discussion

Ht in flegg dogs up 24 to 0
  92. diddly

Opinion SOS Shane Flanagan

Barrett and his team are failing miserably and there are no excuses - id only contemplate Flanagan sen if Flanagan jun was moved or John Morris.
  93. diddly

We need to offload players

Im trying to find reasons for optimism - the extra club will increased demand, Super League is a possibility - even one or two of them going would help - or maybe a club in contention will need extra depth towards the end of the year (like TPJ going to Penrith last year)
  94. diddly

News Question mark over Tevita Pangai Junior after star is benched for long periods during Bulldogs' 16-6 loss to Knights

Barrett's comment that TPJ looked tired - like to know the real reason he looked more disinterested and lazy. Thompson and Jackson looked just as tired but reasonably interested yet they stayed on
  95. diddly

Definitely not easy BUT every effort needs to be made - players with one year to go may be encouraged by the the chance to get two or three years elsewhere
  96. diddly

THe offloading of players asap is something Gould should be working on - need to free up salary cap and top 30 spots before the roster can be improved. Find extended homes for Naden Thompson Okunbor Flanagan and Allen for starters - this year if possible.
  97. diddly

Some of the recruits also conned the club
  98. diddly

News Sound like a broken record’: Barrett urges stars to step up as Dogs hit 26-year low

It was the first time this year that TB looked stressed and emotionally uncomfortable at apress conference
  99. diddly

Round 11 changes

There are some options in the backs Who have some ability, kiraz alamloti Howard toia but not all are ready for first grade. Limited options in dept in forwards, may be Morrin for energy, Hoffman trying to turn into an edge forward.
  100. diddly

Round 11 changes

Drop dufty naden okunbor Flanagan.