• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Search results

1. M

Official Cronulla's New Recruit

Thats actually funny
  2. M

2022 Round 10 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Ok but it’s still a dangerous tackle regardless of intent.
  3. M

That could have literally been a send off. Idk what your arguing.
  4. M

Nah that was dangerous. You still have a duty of care towards your opposition.
  5. M

How is that not an obstruction?
  6. M

Agreed. This much suffered from the referee interfering every other set
  7. M

Let this match be a lesson for everyone who expects Burton to change our fortunes himself. Munster without having Hughes there to manage the team is not nearly as effective. We will suck next year too. Two pieces of a spine are not enough if the other two sucks. Mahoney will suffer too.
  8. M

Not when he receives the ball 10m out from the defensive line and we use him like a prop.
  9. M

this could get ugly quick
  10. M

Adam Reynolds

We have a losing culture at the moment. If he fixes us for a few years it’s definitely worth it. Kimmorley was only here for two years and nobody considers his signing a failure.
  11. M

I’m pretty sure they made a mistake there. The game can’t end on a foul. Even if it’s only a scrum. Or maybe I’m confusing that rule with the NFL.
  12. M

I thought it was a differential penalty aka you can’t kick for goal but who knows the rules change everyday.
  13. M

Im confused. If it’s accidental offside why is the challenge unsuccessful?
  14. M

Adam Reynolds

Nah this is untrue. Reynolds signed a three year deal for $2.2m according to multiple media reports. We paid more for TPJ alone. Reynolds is not on a million.
  15. M

Adam Reynolds

Untrue. We signed TPJ,Naden, Dufty and Vaughan after Brisbane signed Reynolds. We had plenty of money. TPJ covers the Reynolds signing. I’d be happy losing TPJ or Kikau for Reynolds.
  16. M

Adam Reynolds

Nah that’s just recency bias. DCE and Ben Hunt are still in the top 5. I’d go Cleary, Hughes, DCE, Reynolds, Hunt, Moses, Hynes.
  17. M

Adam Reynolds

This post hurts.
  18. M

Opinion Dolphin Watching

Surely it would make more sense to just bring back the Bears instead of another team in New Zealand when the current one sucks or PNG who would be perenniel wooden spooners?
  19. M

2022 Round 9 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Bradman Best is the biggest myth in rugby league.
  20. M

Official Round 9 v Raiders Match Discussion

One day in the future this cheating cnt ref will be exposed for fixing games.
  21. M

Official David klemmer signs 5 year 4.3m deal with Newcastle Knights

Was such a beast for us. Went from being the number one prop in the game to an overpaid hasbeen in three years.
  22. M

News BREAKING NEWS: Payne Haas is being sued by his former manager for over $200k, as explosive allegations emerge of a cover up for another off-field

FMD if Brisbane pay Haas $1 million per year they basically can’t win a Premiership while he’s there. He’s the best prop in the game no doubt, but how many games could he possibly win you by himself.
  23. M

News NRL off-contract list: Every player’s worth revealed in rugby league transfer market

I have a theory regarding Penrith and the Bulldogs. This is purely me speculating but let’s take a deep dive. Gus Gould and Greg Alexander obviously hate each other. I think Gus will be hellbent on showing Penrith they can’t do it without him. His first signing as our GM was Kikau. The photo...
  24. M

Round 8 Team V Roosters Match Discussion

OH MY GOD WE ARE CURSED
  25. M

Ben Cummins is being so nice today.
  26. M

Dufty saving tries. Okunbor catching easy balls. Will we finally get a win?
  27. M

wtf is wrong with Dufty.
  28. M

nah he's always salty. Even when we're doing well
  29. M

Nice try by the young kid.
  30. M

This x 1000 Salty ****
  31. M

That is literally the first time I've seen Dufty save a try
  32. M

BIG BALLS BILLY IS IN BOYS
  33. M

TPJ is about to have a brain explosion
  34. M

I'm not celebrating I've been let down before.
  35. M

Fox showing Okunbor how its done
  36. M

Why do we let Burton kick goals when we have Flanagan in the side
  37. M

News NRL market watch: Jacob Kiraz weighs up deal with Bulldogs after being rejected twice by the club

If you watched his interview you would know he’s not going anywhere. Kid loves the club.
  38. M

Just to make you more depressed - Tariq Sims.

Surely Storm have more than 200k left for next year. They’ve lost like 8 players.
  39. M

Opinion Name And Shame Our Worst By Players That Have Played In The Blue & White

1. Hazem El Masri 2. Heka Nanai 3. Jamal Idris 4. Tim Winitana 5. Matt Utai 6. Ben Roberts 7. Daniel Holdsworth 8. Jarrad Hickey 9. Corey Hughes 10. Chris Armit 11. Gary Warburton 12. Andrew Ryan (c) 13. Lee Te Maari Interchange: 14. Frank Winterstein 15. Brad Morrin 16. Charlie Leaeno 17. Nick...
  40. M

News Details of Gus’ Dogs training blow-up revealed as ‘the funeral march begins’ for Barrett

I watched the whole segment. Two weeks ago Tigers were the whipping boys. Two weeks ago they were bashing Sheens for not stepping in. Now theyre criticising Gould for stepping in. Now theyre talking about the amazing job the Tigers are doing. How Gould should replicate what Sheens did. Until we...
  41. M

Who gave Jmk and Okunbor new deals?

If Max King stops playing well a year from now, you don't blame people for giving him his deal. At the time they got their deals the majority of people were happy they were resigned. We should be more critical of major signings, not squad players on lower end money.
  42. M

Rumour Barrett Gone

This is the dumbest things I’ve ever read. No GM is going to “not allow” a coach in the sheds after a game. That would be the most unprofessional thing he could do. Anyone who believes this is gullible AF
  43. M

News ‘Needs to find it soon’: Legends ask big Barrett question

We should be 0/7 considering we only won the Cowboys game due to a player being 50cm offside. Our squad has improved and the results don’t change. We need to look in a different direction.
  44. M

Official Round 7 v Broncos Match Discussion

Im sick of watching games and knowing were gonna lose the penalty count.
  45. M

Official Max King extends his contract with the Bulldogs by a further two years

The irony of this comment being made by someone named Mitchell Moses.
  46. M

2022 Round 7 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Nicho Hynes is the buy of the season so far.
  47. M

2022 Round 7 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Cant wait til theres a thread asking if we should buy Talakai
  48. M

Our salary cap situation for 2023 (According to Zero Tackle)

I think with the right cap number Thompson is really valuable to have. If his number was 600 nobody would want him gone. The rest I agree I wouldn’t retain on first team money. Much better value in the market.
  49. M

What the strongest team you can think of

Bit of a fun thread. Assuming everyone is 100% and healthy. 1. Papenheuzen 2. Turbo 3. Staggs 4. Manu 5. RTS 6. Munster 7. Cleary 8. Haas 9. Cook 10. JFH 11. Fifita 12. Kikau 13. Yeo 14. Jarome Hughes 15. Taumalolo 16. Fonua-Blake 17. Paulo Had a bit of trouble with the backline. Turbo is...
  50. M

So our salary cap space for next year is around 1.8m for about 5 players if your information is correct. Which puts us in a much better situation.
  51. M

It’s also worth noting that next year we have Flanagan, Jackson, Thompson and Allen off contract. That is roughly 2.3m worth of cap space we free up across four players. Assuming we have our 6 and 9 sorted in Burton and Mahoney, we could make a big play for another spine player. The highest...
  52. M

Problem is Max King only signed a one year deal and will probably need to be upgraded. He isn’t currently signed for next year. You need to use some of that 1.35 to do that. People are failing to realise we’ve spent a lot of money on two players for next year. Stimson/RFM/Wakeham money has...
  53. M

Unfortunately players have different values in the salary cap. Signing players like Kikau and Mahoney is not the same as losing Wakeham and Stimson.
  54. M

Disclaimer: I am not saying this is 100% accurate. This is the best source I have in the one place Disclaimer Part 2: I read the NRL salary cap rules. My understanding for 2023 is put in this thread. If I'm wrong I apologise. Disclaimer Part 3: I have an avid curiosity with things like...
  55. M

Official Newcastle withdraw three-year extension freeing Kalyn Ponga to sign with Dolphins

Sharks have a lot of cap space being freed up this year. They could build a super team.
  56. M

Official Newcastle withdraw three-year extension freeing Kalyn Ponga to sign with Dolphins

We don’t have the money for any of Munster, Walsh, Ponga.
  57. M

Round 7 team

Same was said about Damien tbh.
  58. M

Round 7 team

Can we please give Josh Cook a go? That’s all I want this week.
  59. M

2022 Round 6 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

DCE has been on fire last few weeks.
  60. M

2022 Round 6 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

That was one of the worst decisions ive seen from them. Talk about looking to find something wrong with a try.
  61. M

Official Round 6 v Rabbitohs Match Discussion

How has Josh Cook been playing in the reserve grade side? He’s signed for next season too but he’s not being given any minutes in first grade
  62. M

Official Round 5 v Panthers Match Discussion

Burns is our best centre at the moment.
  63. M

Your fantasy halfback

Hughes
  64. M

Your fantasy halfback

Is no-one going to comment on Ja Rule being in the poll?
  65. M

News Is Exiled Halfback Actually The Answer To Barrett’s Problems? (Taken from facebook)

I don’t think people have forgotten. I think people wanna see him in a better side. Plus we could use his goalkicking.
  66. M

How good is max king?

We need to play him more minutes. Dude is an absolute monster.
  67. M

Opinion Player Rankings

Dufty - Has injected pace into our attack. 7/10 JAC Nothing brilliant as of yet but provides leadership 6/10 Naden - Runs had but needs to involve his winger more 5/10 Burns - Really impressed with him and has outplayed Naden so far 7/10 Okunbor - Biggest liability in our side and shouldn’t be...
  68. M

Build a spine for $35

Guys I found Ray Dibs Kennel account.
  69. M

Build a spine for $35

I wanted to give you a bargain
  70. M

Build a spine for $35

Yeah I struggled especially with the hookers. Pm me some suggestions on how to fix it.
  71. M

Build a spine for $35

Fullbacks $15 Trbojovic $14 Tedesco $13 Papenhuyzen $12 RTS $11 Mitchell $10 Ponga $9 Gutherson $8 Dylan Edwards $7 CNK $6 Will Kennedy $5 Matt Dufty $4 Blake Laurie $3 Aj Brimson $2 Meaney $1 Tesi Niu Five Eighths $15 Munster $14 Keary $13 C Walker $12 Luai $11 Burton $10 Wighton $9 Staggs $8...
  72. M

Hetho v TPG v Tolman this weekend

Haas is a million dollar player TPG is a 750k player Thompson is a 800k player Hetherington is on under 500k Nobody is arguing those players are better
  73. M

Hetho v TPG v Tolman this weekend

This is a dumb thread and a shit take. Last week TPG made 12 runs for 70 meters against Souths and Tolman made 11 runs for 77 meters against Newcastle. Why don't we compare apples to apples. Against Manly three weeks ago Tolman ran for 57 meters from 7 runs. TPG and Tolman played two teams out...
  74. M

Team of Dogs players at other clubs

Geez we've had a lot of shitxnts come through our club.
  75. M

News Dufty offered to Roosters

Or the more likely option is they know this season is a lost cause and would rather use any capspace they have to frontload a few contracts.
  76. M

Our top 30 for next season

We definitely need a backup prop to be signed next season. I don't think we bring back Dietz next year. I'd assume we don't have much cap room left for next year unless we've used some money to frontload a few contracts.
  77. M

Our top 30 for next season

Just thought I'd make a list based on positions we have filled for next season and where we possibly have holes still to be filled for next season. I've estimated the number of players we will need to cover every position. Some players may be able to cover a few positions. Players like Averillo...
  78. M

Opinion A quick review of our recruitment since we started rebuilding

Updated the thread with new signings and comments.
  79. M

Opinion Do we extend Lewis' contract?

The kennel "We need to sign a better half to partner Burton" Also the Kennel "Let's resign the halves we have already" Short answer: Save the money and get someone useful
  80. M

Hooker & Prop should be the priorities now

01. Matt Dufty 02. Nick Cotric 03. Brent Naden 04. Aaron Schoupp 05. Josh Addo-Carr 06.Matt Burton 07. New Signing needed 08. New Signing needed 09. New signing needed 10. Luke Thompson 11. New Signing neded 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Josh Jackson 14. Jake Averillo 15. Adam Elliot 16. Jack...
  81. M

Opinion 2022 SPINE

01. Matt Dufty 02. Nick Cotric 03. Brent Naden 04. Aaron Schoupp 05. Josh Addo-Carr 06.Matt Burton 07. New Signing needed 08. New Signing needed 09. New signing needed 10. Luke Thompson 11. New Signing neded 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Josh Jackson 14. Jake Averillo 15. Adam Elliot 16. Jack...
  82. M

Meaney signs with Storm

This forum loves making it sound like every player we lose is another Damien Cook or JT. Fact of the matter is Meaney is the exact type of player we should not be spending money on. We are way better off saving his money and going after a player who might actually contribute to winning. If he...
  83. M

Opinion Comparison vs Parramatta: Wingers (cap management)

Signing wingers isnt the problem. Our problem is that a couple of the forwards we signed were absolutely terrible. Waddell, Stimson, Britt, Napa were all a waste of money. Elliott resigning looks to be costly as well. Hetherington is overpaid for what he offers and he is a ticking time bomb...
  84. M

Opinion Possible backline 2022

I don't understand the fascination with Averillo at fullback. Averillos best ability is to get outside his man. He is not a good support player nor is he good at setting up other players. He should either play in the centres or come off the bench. Naden is a much bigger threat at fullback.
  85. M

Opinion Corey Waddell - what an impact he has given us today

I hate singling out players but this guy is just shit.
  86. M

2021 Round 14 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Lmaoo at how dumb and reactionary you lot look rn
  87. M

How much cap do we have left for 2022 ?

The way clubs pay players these days is a little bit complicated. While figures quoted in this thread might be around the ballpark of what the players actually get, the cap hit is what is actually important. I'd be surprised considering we don't have a bit more than we can account for in our...
  88. M

News Misfiring Milford’s shock $600,000 asking price

I'd take Milford at 400k no problem. Him and Burton could be a lethal halves combination.
  89. M

Israel Folau / Clive Palmer - Comedy Gold

He should be allowed to play NRL. Its bs the way hes been treated.
  90. M

Hookers - Reed Mahoney

Whoever identifies hookers at our club needs to get sued for damages. Isaac Luke - let go before he played a game Api Koriosau - let go before he played a game Damien Cook - told to fk off after 7 games Reed Mahoney - let go before he played a game Meanwhile we've had Corey Hughes, Adam Perry...
  91. M

The most boring round in NRL history

Yep you are 100% correct. This was a horrible advertisement for our game on one of the most exciting rounds of the year. This isn't the game I grew up watching and loving.
  92. M

The most boring round in NRL history

Only one game finished within 10 points. On top of the farcical sin bins. This was the worst round of Rugby League I've ever watched. The referees have way too much influence on the game.
  93. M

Pick Your Origin Teams

NSW Blues 1. James Tedesco 2. Josh Addo-Carr 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Christian Crichton 5. Tommy T 6. Jack Wighton 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Payne Haas 9. Damien Cook 10.Junior Paulo 11.Tyson Frizell 12.TPJ 13.Cameron Murray Bench 14. Ryan Papenhuyzen 15. Victor Radley 16. Dale Finucane 17. Daniel saifiti
  94. M

News Roosters set to announce two-year deal for teen sensation Walker

You just named the Roosters NSW cup squad
  95. M

News Roosters set to announce two-year deal for teen sensation Walker

I called it in the other thread. This is absolutely ridiculous. Nobody was even in for him.