• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Search results

1. Ripley

Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

Every year since the top 8 positive f/a ends at top 6, sometimes maybe most times even positive win/loss. That’s why every year, if you get on a decent enough run, every team is a chance at position’s 7 & 8. They’re the lottery spots.
  2. Ripley

Opinion Favourite/Best Bulldogs quote together with moment.

“Follow me.” Peter Kelly. 1985 GF.
  3. Ripley

Bellamy re-signs for TWO MORE seasons and then SOME

“So basically, I’m signing for another five years. It’s very adaptable though, I’ll be the head coach next year then after that it’s basically see how we go.”
  4. Ripley

Bellamy re-signs for TWO MORE seasons and then SOME

Just seen him Twitter (The Storm account) telling his team he’s signed for FIVE years. Head coach next year at least, then maybe more, or maybe into football management role.
  5. Ripley

STORM NOT LETTING STAR HOOKER GO ANYWHERE

Gus won’t pay overs, which some idiot club will do if… when… there’s a bidding war for him The moment Gus walked in the door was the end of any play for Cheese if it wasn’t dead already.
  6. Ripley

STORM NOT LETTING STAR HOOKER GO ANYWHERE

One thing everyone saying throw the bank at him haven’t considered is the blatantly obvious: Gus won’t. And that’s why Cheese is never coming here. End of, full stop.
  7. Ripley

Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

I reckon Smith would be thinking of 3 options in no particular order: What Bellamy is gonna do. More Premierships with Melbourne. Money. The latter if ridiculous a big chance of over riding the prior two because as always - money changes everything. And I reckon that’s where it counts us out...
  8. Ripley

I bet he won’t because he’s absolutely no need to. He could hold off till this time next year and have more options by the day, certainly more than Nov. First of which would be seeing what Bellamy is gonna do. And do remember, anything that comes after “apparently” in a sentence means...
  9. Ripley

News Inside the rebuilding of Canterbury Bulldogs

The best thing this Board has done for the club is being un-noticed.
  10. Ripley

Opinion Twitter

I’m not sure of this, maybe someone will know…. I think he was “The Little Battler” on Hume Hwy there at Yagoona? Again, not sure, but I did hear it somewhere.
  11. Ripley

Opinion Twitter

Lou was one of the people collecting signatures for the EGM. I couldn’t find it but I remember one of the Board at the time describing him as a “Would be power broker with a pocketful of signatures” (or something like that from memory). The SMH of March 3 2018 described him when he ran for the...
  12. Ripley

Official Round 19 Bulldogs V Sharks - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

JMK/BBO combo has a lot of potential.
  13. Ripley

News Phil Gould to bring stability an certainty to the Bulldogs

And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder One of the four beasts saying, 'Come and see.' and I saw, and behold a white horse" There's a man goin' 'round takin' names And he decides who to free and who to blame Everybody won't be treated all the same There'll be a golden ladder reachin' down...
  14. Ripley

Official Phil Gould to be the Bulldogs' new General Manager of Football

This is the job at the club Gus has wanted for a long time. Listening to Gus over the years tells you we’ve always been his favourite. I’m paraphrasing here but I’m sure others would’ve heard - “Every footballer should spend some time at The Dogs” “ Football is in the walls at The Dogs”...
  15. Ripley

Rumour Signing updates from old mate sleepy

Whatever that means all well and good. But cooling off periods in regards to contract laws refer to buying goods or a service. Like a car or a house or an internet provider. Not employment.
  16. Ripley

6 Again Rule - Are you a fan?

In your own half, all indiscretions currently given six again should be a penalty. In the opposition half, six again.
  17. Ripley

Not employment contracts unless they’re written in. Doesn’t mean you can’t change your mind but there’ll be legal settlements. NRL contracts, The NRL has every right to say you won’t be playing for anyone else. Cooling off period is dead, and it’s water-tight.
  18. Ripley

COVID-19 - Thread

JR got COVID, bad.
  19. Ripley

Or could be bullshit… again.
  20. Ripley

Bwahaha! Talks to the caterer does he…..? Bwahaha! You’re good.
  21. Ripley

And nobody takes into account what Cheese may decide. Or indeed what he’s already said, which is he’ll be in Melb 2022. And why would he make a decision in Nov anyway? Firstly he’s looking down the barrel at a three-peat, or two in three years. And the only deadline he has to worry about is one...
  22. Ripley

COVID-19 - Thread

So I got a COVID story. Bloke who works with my nephew, they install personal elevators, and stair chair lifts, those kind of things. He was in The U.S when COVID first hit, couldn’t get back, but as they had an office over there at least had the chance to keep working. Was a COVID skeptic...
  23. Ripley

Opinion BBO

No we’re not. Cheese is going for the three-peat.
  24. Ripley

Opinion BBO

Nope. A natural.
  25. Ripley

Opinion BBO

BBO can burn his #7 jersey. Tonight he arrived as a #9. That’s your spot man.
  26. Ripley

Rumour Dufty has signed

In any sentence, anything before “but” means nothing. Anything after “apparently” means the same. True story.
  27. Ripley

Rumour Dufty has signed

It means you don’t believe anything that comes after it.
  28. Ripley

Opinion Twitter

Lou is a true believer, though easily… mislead. Ian lunches with all the right people. Still around if you know where to find him, and are invited. Doesn’t speak out of school though, so don’t expect anything.
  29. Ripley

Official Members Update from the CEO

Boring! We want an iNsIdEr on the intdernet to blow smoke up our arse! PM me!
  30. Ripley

3 players we need for 2022 (from what's left now)

Remember all those games Canberra couldn’t ice a few seasons back. Two in front, two behind with 20 to go and they’d lose them all. Sezar was #7. Couldn’t ice a lamington.
  31. Ripley

Lazy Recruitment!

When Easts and Souths and everyone else was debating whether Latrell was worth $800k. We should have offered him a $mill. We had the space. But not the balls.
  32. Ripley

Ask a bulldogs old timer....

I don’t know how that would be possible? The thing was positioned for when the ground was an oval, so it was sorta waaaay back there and on an odd angle. Not challenging you on it, just don’t get how it would work.
  33. Ripley

Ask a bulldogs old timer....

90’s…. Old timer? I go to 1968. Before the Steward stand there was just an asphalt hill. And behind that asphalt hill there was a shitbox dilapidated wooden firetrap grandstand, not in use, from the time the ground was a true oval. it had the change rooms in it. And you could peek through the...
  34. Ripley

News Pangai permission to explore

You got that wrong. I said if I BELIEVED there was a bloke leaking secret Dog business to someone on an intdernet forum and I could ID him, f***in’ oath I’d tell the club, as any true Dog patriot would. So your imaginary caterer friend is safe. Anyway, do you not think that there’s Dog eyes...
  35. Ripley

JMK

At this stage, and nothing looks like changing, JMK must be kept for ‘22. If before then we somehow manage to jag a premium DH, then JMK to the bench. If we don’t, and we probably won’t, then JMK is the best DH in the club by pleeeeeeeeeeeenty and he’s the one we got to work on. It can’t be...
  36. Ripley

Meaney 6!!!

Yeah think so. The Victorian junior.
  37. Ripley

Meaney 6!!!

Sorry, not Lumelune, the other one Leremie? or something like that?
  38. Ripley

Meaney 6!!!

But Jennings is only marking time for Lumelune who they see as their next big thing. So he won't be competing with Jennings, he'll be competing with Lumelune. He'll be their Mr Fix It for injuries throughout the outside backs and FB, maybe play some bench. If he's good enough compete with...
  39. Ripley

Meaney 6!!!

What a ridiculous bet to take, what an even more ridiculous bet to offer. I'd ask how much money you blow in stupid bets except I can't believe you're serious. What I'd bet, no money (because I'm not stupid) just bragging rights, is that if there was somebody stupid enough to take you up on...
  40. Ripley

Meaney 6!!!

If he stays at The Dogs, there’s just as much chance he won’t be playing NRL, maybe more. Melb are buying him to replace Hynes. So from his point of view if money is equal, he’d be thinking about getting the same chance as Hynes. Learn from the best, get a shot at NRL when he can, back himself...
  41. Ripley

A way we could afford to buy Dufty, Johnson, B.Smith and Afoa for 2022 + 2 minimum wage props

The problem with making plans about how much you’re gonna pay somebody is when they say no.
  42. Ripley

Trent Barrett - Mega thread

Bwahahaha! Coke.
  43. Ripley

I never attacked his faith. I was commenting on the faith "in" him, not the faith "of" him. If I was criticising anybody.... and I was.... it's the fanbois. FMD didn't they come out like angry bees. Very sad really. Hey.... is that why I got banned? Some fanboi run with the religion card to...
  44. Ripley

Somewhere in the early to mid 00's from memory, in some form. after 2002 at least.
  45. Ripley

Hang on, hang on. You do realise you've been quoting Cartman at me don't you
  46. Ripley

If I’ve got sand, you must have cement.
  47. Ripley

Oh I am sorry. Of course I should have been just calling everybody names like imbecile (twice) , arsehole, bitch, clown, vagine (don’t ask me, spelled that way), ****, Nasheed’s sister, schmuck, a picture of a dogs arse, little cat, flog & fuck face. Respectfully of course.
  48. Ripley

Yes absolutely. Hard to keep a secret.
  49. Ripley

You’re displaying a bit of cult personality there bud. Just saying...
  50. Ripley

Believe it or not... hey, somebody should do a show about that... I was around before this place, invited to join on day one. OG from the first page of places no longer with us... in their original form... though they’re still there by invitation only - not you though. Or anyone on here that I...
  51. Ripley

Anything that happens or doesn’t happen will or won’t without you knowing about it, or your mate. Or Mr Here and the rest of them either. You’re in the wrong place.
  52. Ripley

You’re right. “Fails” would’ve sufficed.
  53. Ripley

Look I get it, people are touchy about their faith. Especially when it’s questioned. Doubly especially when it... what’s the word I’m looking for... ... fails them. But you know, stiff shit I guess.
  54. Ripley

Le Turd du Chilli Suprende
  55. Ripley

You’re definitely leading in nouns and adjectives.
  56. Ripley

You know a few weeks ago some bloke was saying how his info was always 100% right. You quoted him with the comment something like “You’re not the only one always 100% right.” I’m paraphrasing but pretty close. Red flag right there. Who’d care....? Unless it’s about the currency of the intdernet.
  57. Ripley

Notoriety, ego, attention. The currency of the intdernet.
  58. Ripley

There’s always a price.
  59. Ripley

Is there supposed to be a picture or something?
  60. Ripley

Then who are they then? Test it.
  61. Ripley

Frustrations? About what?
  62. Ripley

Only a few days ago you were telling us not to mention names and communicate only via PM’ because there’s eyes on here blah blah blah.... Well, you just betrayed your... “contact”.... someone who works for one of our sponsors, long time friends with Burton and Naden. The first betrayal is...
  63. Ripley

Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Toby Rudolph

And of course money had nothing to do with it.
  64. Ripley

How much cap do we have left for 2022 ?

Almost none for backs unless some current ones leave, space for forwards.
  65. Ripley

Bulldogs Plan To Win Game In Ultimate Magic Round Sorcery

Hilariouzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... .....zzzzzzzzzzz
  66. Ripley

Flanagan now fighting for relevance when Burton arrives

Without giving a reason, that’s just a sentence. He’s 21, he kicks, he passes, he runs, he tackles. All very good to exceptionally. So what exactly are you looking for?
  67. Ripley

Why I believe Brandon Smith's signature is signed and sealed.

Well that’s very funny, considering you have betrayed your imaginary “friend”, consistently and repeatedly. Nobody has jeopardised your imaginary friends imaginary job more than you have - and all for your ego, just to be the man with the oil on an int-der-net forum.
  68. Ripley

No you got it wrong bud. There’s people out there like myself (respectfully) that look to do right by the club. So I can promise you, if I seriously thought there was an easily identifiable caterer leaking secret Dog business to some bloke on an Internet forum to disseminate so that our...
  69. Ripley

Bwahaha! No, no no. If this “guy” exists, I could walk in the club, with no knowledge of the place or who works there, and narrow it down to a very select handful of people quite quickly because of what your ego has quite readily and enthusiastically revealed. You have deeply betrayed your...
  70. Ripley

Well firstly I don’t believe they exist. Secondly, if there was a leaker inside the club to an Internet forum, who might get away with it once, maybe twice, third at outside, I’d be quite happy if they got exposed and sacked. Club first. Team second. Internet forum not even on the page.
  71. Ripley

They interpret. Sometimes correctly, sometimes not. Like any of us can do.
  72. Ripley

There’s always leakers, but they have motivations, either their own or the club’s. If it’s their own, their motivation is not to keep you informed, unless you got something for them, and what would you have for them? And these ones don’t last, especially when they’re betrayed by someone on an...
  73. Ripley

There’s no such thing as an “insider” that lasts past the first known betrayal by them or of them. Anyone who tells you anything different is either lying to you or being lied to. All they or their “insiders” are doing is what anyone else can do, guess correctly or incorrectly by information...
  74. Ripley

No I did. And then you said...... Do you want me to quote you? Just ask and I will.
  75. Ripley

Other News Source Jason Taumalolo

Not the first time. Don’t know how the caterer still has a job.
  76. Ripley

Dogs to upset Panthers

77. Ripley

Opinion Perspective

I might be dead.
  78. Ripley

News Big money on the dogs

You never want to be peoples 2nd favourite team. You want to be loved or hated, there’s money in both. The size of our supporter base gets eyes on TV because we love them, everyone else tunes in to see us get beat because they hate us. Poor results affected the latter more than the former, you...
  79. Ripley

Which forward (not hooker) and back would you buy to complete our roster for 2022 ?

Unless you’re doing Fantasy League picks, at this stage you’ve only got who’s not contracted for ‘22 to choose from. Somehow, wether it’s by having money in The SC bank or contracted players willing to be moved on for longer deals elsewhere, we’ve got to have room to jump on CONTRACTED players...
  80. Ripley

Opinion Hooker Potential Bradley Dietz

Enthusiasm should be tempered. Yes he was impressive Reggies v Reggies, very impressive. But he’s also been playing Reggies since 2014 with a couple of missed seasons ‘15 & ‘18 through... injury? form? Played 77 Reggie games so I’d suggest if he could consistently show that form across those 77...
  81. Ripley

Movie Discussion

I kept on hitting links attached to that vid and so spent the last hour or so watching various Chapelle Show clips. To quote Billy Birmingham quoting Tony Greig describing the reaction of Kerry Packer first time he listened to The 12th Man - I lorfed my orse orf. The Wayne Brady sketch...
  82. Ripley

Movie Discussion

Correct. Top 3 Jonah Hill Leonardo Decaprio (and closing) Samual L Jackson.
  83. Ripley

Movie Discussion

Leonardo has the record for most in one film “The Wolf of Wall Street” In which the record holder co-starred. And now I’ve given you everything but his name and I’m pissed past midnight. I’m off to bed mother fuckers.
  84. Ripley

Movie Discussion

And NOT Seth Rogen.
  85. Ripley

Movie Discussion

Think big and fat, and then trim, and then fat again. Modern actor and pretty good. Can be funny, in fact mostly, but does drama well too. Doper, biiiiiiiig doper.
  86. Ripley

Movie Discussion

No, I would’ve thought so too but...... no.
  87. Ripley

Movie Discussion

And btw, it is neck and neck between 1st and 2nd, and second isn’t Sam either, it’s Leonardo.
  88. Ripley

Movie Discussion

Here’s a quiz from a Netflix doco I watched the other day - Name the actor who has said “fuck” or any derivative eg fucking, fucker, mother fucker etc etc in movies the most times. And it’s NOT the obvious - Samual L Jackson, though he says it the coolest, and he is in the top 3.
  89. Ripley

Official Bulldogs announce I'm In The Right as front of shorts sponsor

I was in the right. Yes, absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right. I was definitely in the right. That geezer was cruising for a bruising.
  90. Ripley

Movie Discussion

Is that the doc on Netflix where the bloke does a bike race clean and the next year takes steroids to see if he can get away with it. And that doc Boris from Russia helps him out and it leads to the Russian Winter Olympics scandal? If so one of the best docs I’ve ever seen. AND.... funnily...
  91. Ripley

Movie Discussion

This will show my age but anyway... Imagine if you will it’s 1979 or so and you go into the George St strip to see some movie with a bunch of friends but you stuff around enough that you miss the session. So you can either wait until the next session or see a different movie. Someone points to...
  92. Ripley

93. Ripley

Look, I know that seriously the guy has had 3 yrs,tries hard but just notfirst grade,cotter played all over him last night.I don’t think he would make first grade at any other club. But...... .... what was the question again?
  94. Ripley

Go on, one more time for The Gipper.
  95. Ripley

Sorry, what was that again?
  96. Ripley

I think he’s got one. A good one maybe not, at this stage. One worth working on, yes, at this stage. And I’ll say even now, starting tomorrow, it’s better than the dumb arse kicks Mick Ennis used to try and fail with 99% of the time with us. which makes him the best kicker from DH we’ve had...
  97. Ripley

I hope Baz’s instructions to JMK, and what I hope JMK concentrates on are simple - Hit your passes, make your tackles, and if you get a quick ptb with scattered markers run. And the odd kick on 5th if you got more room than the halves. And that’s it. And I guess that’s what every coach in the...
  98. Ripley

Maybe, as I said I’m undecided about that. But I do think he does it better than the other bloke. At least the other bloke at his worst. One game last year Kotoa couldn’t have hit a bus.