• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Search results

1. alchemist

Paps resigns with storm

well done to the Storm... recruited Papenhuyzen from the hapless Tigers, developed him into one of the best fullbacks in the game and now he takes unders to remain at the club I'm jealous
  2. alchemist

Burton to Centre?

Brett Kenny, Laurie Daley, and Brad Fittler were all great centres, too... great ball runners... but any very good/great ball runner with good to great passing and kicking games should be in the halves (except in rep football)
  3. alchemist

Burton to Centre?

which is more an old school second receiver, five-eighth in league terms anyway
  4. alchemist

Opinion Favourite/Best Bulldogs quote together with moment.

2004 Grand Final trophy presentation and Andrew Ryan and Steve Price were holding up the trophy with Ray Warren's commentary: "and the trophy of supremacy goes to the Blue and Whites of Canterbury!"
  5. alchemist

Opinion Favourite/Best Bulldogs quote together with moment.

that was 2012 and I am pretty sure it was away to the Sea Eagles
  6. alchemist

An appreciation thread of the fairer sex

some women just don't age as well as others... for example, I am sure people that only ever watched the latter seasons of 'Friends' and 'Californication' would be stunned to find out Kathleen Turner was a sex symbol in the 80's
  7. alchemist

Who are Players the Bulldogs should never have gotten rid of?

I limited my list to 1990 onwards
  8. alchemist

What is the most boring sport at the Olympics?

Equestrian, maybe
  9. alchemist

Laetitia Casta
  10. alchemist

Who are Players the Bulldogs should never have gotten rid of?

players I wish never left (for whatever reason) - Gary Connolly, Ewan McGrady, Jonathan Davies, Jim Dymock, Jason Smith, Steve Price, Johnathan Thurston, Roy Asotasi, Willie Mason, Nigel Vagana, Ben Barba, Dale Finucane, Martin Taupau, Damien Cook, and Curtis Rona
  11. alchemist

News Buzz: Pressure builds on Wests Tigers’ Michael Maguire as Shane Flanagan waits for coaching shot

worse than that... they are portraying Flanagan as a master recruiter when in fact, the likes of Barba, Ennis and Lewis were unwanted by their then clubs --> Lewis was on too much money at Penrith, Ennis wanted a longer deal from us, and Bennett wanted no part of an imploding Barba
  12. alchemist

Bellamy re-signs for TWO MORE seasons and then SOME

well done to the Storm... Bellamy has been great for them - one of the greatest ever - and should finish with them as for Brandon Smith and Harry Grant, the equation remains the same IMO... they are both FG starting dominant hookers and there has to be significant compromise (eg. money...
  13. alchemist

Dieter Brummer, who played Shane Parrish on Home and Away, has died age 45

x 2 was good as the corrupt cop, Trevor Halen, in the second and third seasons of Underbelly Rest in Peace
  14. alchemist

Emily Browning
  15. alchemist

Channel 9 predicted Bulldogs best team 2022

I have an extended Serbo-Croat keyboard on my phone and "Čotrić" simply comes up as an autocorrect
  16. alchemist

Channel 9 predicted Bulldogs best team 2022

the 2022 team I would like to see... 1. Matt Dufty 2. Josh Addo-Carr 3. Brent Naden 4. Aaron Schoupp 5. Nick Čotrić 6. Jake Averillo 7. Matt Burton 8. Luke Thompson 9. Bailey Biondi-Odo 10. Paul Vaughn 11. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 12. Tevita Pangai Jr 13. Josh Jackson (c) 14...
  17. alchemist

in truth, plenty of different sorts of women can be beautiful - petite, tall, athletic, curvaceous, exotic etc... but Hollywood's singular vision of what a proper woman is today is frightening
  18. alchemist

Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

absolutely
  19. alchemist

it's Hollywood... where beauty is plastic, gender is fluid, value is superficial, and sex indeterminate
  20. alchemist

Rumour New Brisbane Team Put Off Till 2024

plans for expansion need to be postponed indefinitely... any further expansion must include an additional game meaning two further teams and the comp and the game's administration in particular are not ready for this
  21. alchemist

Klemmer roughing it

should make him even more popular amongst his Knights teammates when packing down in scrums... loosehead and feed?
  22. alchemist

Finucane 4 year 2.5mil deal to sharks

Finucane is someone we should never have let go of and I am glad he has got himself one last long term deal for himself... but that sort of money for that long a time is not something we need
  23. alchemist

The Funny Picture/Meme Thread

a great time to be a music fan: * 'Nevermind', Nirvana * 'Ten', Pearl Jam * 'Achtung Baby', U2 * 'Badmotorfinger', Soundgarden * 'Blood Sugar Sex Magik', Red Hot Chili Peppers * 'Use Your Illusion I & II', Guns and Roses * Black Album, Metallica * 'Out of Time', REM * 'Woodface', Crowded House...
  24. alchemist

interestingly, when breaking into Hollywood, Kat Dennings was told she was too plump, too pale, and to fix her teeth
  25. alchemist

Dean pay

good luck to him... honest work is honest work and not something anyone else should look down on
  26. alchemist

The Funny Picture/Meme Thread

Remi Gaillard - Olympics
  27. alchemist

Erika Eleniak - bathing suit on "Baywatch"
  28. alchemist

Dave Chappelle - Whore's Uniform
  29. alchemist

Christy Turlington for Calvin Klein
  30. alchemist

National Australia Day

how many nations have another nation's flag in the top corner of their own? not many, I would think (especially non-British)... symbols are a difficult thing to understand and rarely satisfy all just look at some of the more controversial symbols in the US... the Confederate battle flag --> an...
  31. alchemist

helps that their mother is Jennifer Flavin
  32. alchemist

News Ivan Cleary backs Penrith Panthers 'culture' to turn Tevita Pangai Junior around

a child that misbehaves in day care is still the result of how its parents have raised it
  33. alchemist

Rumour Pearce to the dogs

are the Knights going to entrust their team to Phoenix Crossland at halfback? not after tonight's game
  34. alchemist

News Ivan Cleary backs Penrith Panthers 'culture' to turn Tevita Pangai Junior around

couldn't the Dragons make a similar argument/deflection with Vaughn that the BBQ was off company time at a player's home?
  35. alchemist

the lack of self awareness by Cleary to tout his club's culture on the day his star hooker was suspended and fined for breaching Covid protocols is stunning
  36. alchemist

News Call of duty: Mason’s brutal advice for Pangai Jr

seeing Willie Mason wearing the jerseys of rivals - the Roosters, the Cowboys, the Knights and the Sea Eagles - always hurt I think Mason can have a positive influence around the club now
  37. alchemist

Opinion Who’s the perfect interchange player?

Shaun Berrigan provided great utility for Brisbane and QLD covering hooker, the halves and centre
  38. alchemist

Opinion Who’s the perfect interchange player?

agreed... could provide attacking spark from dummy half but also cover halves and fullback at a pinch
  39. alchemist

Rumour Pearce to the dogs

40. alchemist

Future-proofing Belmore: Dogs still hungry for more recruits

there is no future proofing Belmore without junior pathways, local juniors, scouting juniors elsewhere, recruitment, development etc.
  41. alchemist

News NSW Blues State of Origin star Apisai Koroisau snuck woman into camp hotel room

"I have a steak at home. Why should I go out for a hamburger?" -Paul Newman
  42. alchemist

News Flanagan offered to Super League clubs

Flanagan, from what I have seen, is not up to being a FG halfback in the NRL... and in truth, he might never be but IF he is to be a FG NRL halfback in the future, he needs to be playing week in, week out now and the ESL would appear to be the best place for him now what is the worst that...
  43. alchemist

Mount Rushmore of Belmore

1. Steve Mortimer 2. Les Johns 3. Andrew Ryan 4. Terry Lamb these are how I would place them with Mortimer and Lamb bookending the four in the George Washington and Abraham Lincoln positions
  44. alchemist

NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

player empowerment insofar as players getting together to work out where they all play (eg. LeBron, Wade & Bosh at the Heat, Durant joining a 73-9 Warriors, Kawhi & PG-13 to the Clippers etc.) has changed the NBA forever and for the worse was cheering for the Bucks and Nuggets from the moment...
  45. alchemist

Official Bulldogs sign Tevita Pangai Junior for next three seasons

I think the Storm and the Panthers will be in GF but the Storm are no certainty IMO
  46. alchemist

News Six Tackles With Gus Podcast

Weidler is such a poser
  47. alchemist

wait... we need to start winning games first
  48. alchemist

NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Congratulations to the Milwaukee Bucks... NBA Champions for the first time in 50 years Giannis Antetokounmpo scored 50 points and 14 rebounds in the close out game on 64% shooting
  49. alchemist

do the Panthers really need TPJ? Isaah Yeo, Liam Martin, Viliame Kikau, Kurt Capewell, JFH, Moses Leota, Spencer Leniu, Sorensen etc.
  50. alchemist

so, what exactly is going on with TPJ? the Broncos want to release him ASAP but he only wants to play for a contender for the remainder of 2021... the Eels are making a late pitch for him for 2021 and if so, it hinders Milford going to the Eels himself... as for 2022 on, us, the Tigers and the...
  51. alchemist

that's not recruitment, that's just having a laugh...
  52. alchemist

I also liked how TPJ went after David Fifita after Fifita had torched the Broncos right edge defence... seriously, is there a single current 'Dogs forward who could intimidate an opposing forward?
  53. alchemist

he is unsure whether he loves his girlfriend and should be faithful
  54. alchemist

that is as far as the scene goes... Dawson turns her down
  55. alchemist

* Q: When can women make you a millionaire? A: When you're a billionaire. * As an airplane is about to crash, a female passenger jumps up frantically and announces, "If I'm going to die, I want to die feeling like a woman." She removes all her clothing and asks, "Is there someone on this plane...
  56. alchemist

Monica Bellucci
  57. alchemist

Ali Larter in "Varsity Blues" for those with a sweet tooth
  58. alchemist

Recommend a Documentary

I reckon the Mafia Cops, Louis Eppolito and Stephen Caracappa, would give him a run
  59. alchemist

News The Dogs have completed a drastic two-year rebuild. Here’s how they could look in 2022

we are still neck deep in this rebuild... we have not sorted out our hooker situation, we assume we have gotten Vaughn and TPJ, our junior pathways need to be fixed, we are assuming our new recruits for next year will work out, who is going to play halfback, what are we going to do with...
  60. alchemist

Sonny Bill involved?

I hold grudges... it's fun
  61. alchemist

Recommend a Documentary

Neil Oliver's "A History of Scotland"
  62. alchemist

The Mole: Klemmer eyeing club change and Bulldogs may fit bill (and Vaughan news)

another 2 years in Newcastle on $800K a season... why would Klammer leave? I doubt he gets that sort of money anywhere else and he will be turning 30 at the end of 2023 and should be able to get one more contract at that point... he can sit on that bench
  63. alchemist

Helga Lovekaty sounds like sex on bread
  64. alchemist

Sonny Bill involved?

tear up his contract... f*+# SBW!
  65. alchemist

Sonny Bill involved?

f*+# SBW! c*+#
  66. alchemist

I do not recall a player getting shown the door by his current club and getting a $100K pay rise from his new club in a salary cap league... indicative of just how low the club is at the moment still, a necessary signing (if true)
  67. alchemist

Opinion Brooks to Dogs ?

all good... when the Tigers so called 'Big 4' were all off contract, it was reported that we were interested in all four players, including Brooks legitimate question
  68. alchemist

Opinion Brooks to Dogs ?

I thought Brooks had a lot of potential but I think the Tigers were the wrong club for his development and the damage has probably been done... Brooks has probably set a record for most FG games without playing finals too inconsistent, too expensive AND WE NEED FORWARDS!
  69. alchemist

Madonna on "The Late Show with David Letterman" in 1994 simply 'cause it's funny
  70. alchemist

Alice Eve
  71. alchemist

Margaret Qualley in "Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood" daughter of Andie MacDowell
  72. alchemist

What Dogs want before signing sacked Dragon; Pangai ‘can’t make up his mind’

fair... but that question should at least be put to the Dragons club instead of them just being allowed to prance around as community conscious unchallenged
  73. alchemist

What Dogs want before signing sacked Dragon; Pangai ‘can’t make up his mind’

to be fair, De Belin has the presumption of innocence and was not ultimately convicted... however, the fact that after such loyalty from the Dragons, De Belin attended said BBQ and was not subsequently sacked though indicates to me that the Dragons wanted Vaughn's $800K a season wage off their books
  74. alchemist

News Barrett says Gould is a Doer - kikau a target

Kikau is a luxury forward on the fringes whereas we need quality forwards in the middle third I wonder whether we would have been more appealing to someone like Spencer Leniu if Gould was already on board earlier in the year
  75. alchemist

News Buzz delivers Gould

Rothfield doing us a favour? give me a break
  76. alchemist

Queensland born Doggies fans

I remember the uproar when the new Gold Coast team was about to enter the NRL and they wanted to use the "dolphins" logo and a lot of old school QLD league fans dismissed the idea... in league terms, the only dolphins in South East Queensland are Redcliffe
  77. alchemist

seriously, though, I have read that there is resentment from older league fans in Brisbane and QLD for the damage the Broncos did to the old Brisbane comp... is that somewhat accurate?
  78. alchemist

isn't everyone north of the border Broncos fans?
  79. alchemist

she was indeed... and gorgeous as hell
  80. alchemist

Mariana & Camila Davalos
  81. alchemist

Lili Simmons
  82. alchemist

Official Phil Gould to be the Bulldogs' new General Manager of Football

Kimmorley was a Newcastle junior and 2 years younger than Andrew Johns... hence, only 6 FG games for the Knights in 2 seasons and then moving to the Hunter Mariners and then the Storm... and he was a Test player by 1999 and playing Origin by 2000
  83. alchemist

I am also hoping Gus is the right GM for some of our juniors coming up through the grades - BBO, Topine, Alamoti, Rajab etc.
  84. alchemist

for future reference, wet t-shirt pics unsuitable?
  85. alchemist

News Milford set to stay in NRL after finding new deal

if they do not re-sign Ash Taylor, then a Milford on a significantly reduced contract can work... still have Tanah Boyd as well
  86. alchemist

I would not say ridiculous pulling power but it is better with Gould on board
  87. alchemist

another big help for Chris Anderson and the Storm and their great pack at the time --> unlimited interchange... they just played 4 big running forwards off the bench every 10 minutes
  88. alchemist

with a team put together from the remnants of 2-3 disbanded clubs and a couple free agents... must be remembered that the first Storm teams in the late 90's had the likes of Glenn Lazarus, Brett Kimmorley, Scott Hill, Robbie Ross, Mark Geyer, Tawera Nikau, Rodney Howe, Stephen Kearney, Richard...
  89. alchemist

Michael Jennings, too... from memory, the logic was your two highest earners cannot be a back rower and centre
  90. alchemist

yep, Gould's dislike of News Ltd goes back to at least the Super League War
  91. alchemist

Hansen could give us good exposure in NZ as an ambassador of sorts for the club