• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Search results

1. Horse

News TPJ

Perfect Kennel wankfest material; - Polynesian - Couple of tattoos - Good numbers on the Squat and Bench press - Can bust a tackle - Mediocre player Let’s hope we don’t sign him.
  2. Horse

Jayden Okunbor fighting for career

Put it this way - Idris had clocked up 100+ first grade games, as well as played origin and test footy by the same age that Okunbor is now. Genuine weapon on his day
  3. Horse

Fair insult to Idris
  4. Horse

Official June 30 Members Forum - CANCELLED

Dear Members, Due to the implementation of recent and quickly evolving Government health directives around COVID, we will have to postpone the Members Forum scheduled for next Wednesday 30 June at Canterbury League Club. While this is extremely disappointing, it is also something that is out...
  5. Horse

Cut him loose. Horrific defensive read, bad hands, and has caused the Club significant reputation and financial losses. Would prefer to re-sign Tui for depth. I almost wrote him off early but he’s shown a fair bit of improvement and has a great attitude
  6. Horse

Reece Walsh - Sink or swim?

Walsh only knows one way and that’s to swim. Will be a mainstay of the QLD team for the next decade.
  7. Horse

Opinion Not first grade standard

Love your optimism Scoobs, I hope you’re right
  8. Horse

Opinion The Draw is an absolute joke!!

Jesus we’re blaming the draw now are we
  9. Horse

REFEREE INFLUNCE "BETTING SECTOR"

Yeah yeah you just keep on blaming the refs, the betting companies, NRL corruption and whatever else then spinning into your vulgar tirades about it. Victim mentality as usual. We’re a mediocre footy team in every aspect of the game and that’s what these results boil down to. Time for you to...
  10. Horse

Opinion Not first grade standard

Go to bed
  11. Horse

This isn’t village football in Zimbabwe
  12. Horse

Has anyone considered the left field angle that possibly our team are currently less skilful, less intelligent and more unfit than our opposition which leads to these outcomes, including the penalty count
  13. Horse

You sound like a mug, the bookies must lick their lips every time you crank up the Sportsbet app. Let me know your next planned bet I’ll give you enhanced odds
  14. Horse

Of course they would. But the question here is whether they are, and when you take emotion out of the equation and assess the risk vs benefit and practicalities (especially in the era of live betting revenues skyrocketing) of it all you’d come to the answer that it’s a resounding no.
  15. Horse

Mate with all due respect all you’re throwing out here are a bunch of low percentage hypotheticals. Tell me honestly how often you think a Dogs win is the worst result for the bookies? And even if so, how would you justify the reputational risk pertaining to an industry of that size?
  16. Horse

Betting agencies don’t need to rig outcomes to generate eye watering profits. They just need bozos like you who’ve probably had a few bucks invested on the dogs over the past few years to keep turning up week after week. Not to mention the donkeys at Echuca you probably throw money at. To...
  17. Horse

Have you ever stopped and thought firstly how complex/near impossible it would be to rig the outcome of rugby league fixtures? Do you realise betting agencies would make far more $$ if we were to actually win these games? Just take a few minutes to have a good think about the sheer...
  18. Horse

Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

Through intelligent cap management, something pretty foreign to our club. Have a look at the Storm team for the past 10 years. Half of their top 17 each week are players on minimum wage or close to it. Talent ID is obviously huge also and they do it better than every other club.
  19. Horse

Opinion 2021… The year where Rugby League died in Australia

2021.. the year that @AlzzBulldog breaks his own record for number of shithouse threads created
  20. Horse

Official Round 15 Bulldogs V Eels - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Greasy’s back!!! How you been champion?
  21. Horse

Official Round 15 Bulldogs V Eels - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Declan wins, 6 errors to 3! :sweatsmile:
  22. Horse

Official Mounties (NSW Cup) 2021

@KLil your boy Casey having a blinder today
  23. Horse

Opinion When Four doesn’t fit into two please explain

It sounds like you’ve marked a 20 year olds card in this position after just 4 games at halfback. I saw enough last week to know that he can develop into a very high quality half. He created space and passed when the time was right, he ran the ball when it was on, he kicked well (very sweet...
  24. Horse

Opinion When Four doesn’t fit into two please explain

You’re absolutely spot on mate. Jake is showing a mouth-watering amount of promise at halfback and just keeps improving each week. His composure and decision making has improved out of sight in the space of a month. Needs to be persisted with at #7 beyond this season. Best talent we’ve had in a...
  25. Horse

If our club had to chose between TPJ and SJ for the same money who would you chose.

Not sold on either but if the price is right then TPJ would be the one I’d prefer to take a punt on.
  26. Horse

Gallen v Huni | you’re welcome

Legend.
  27. Horse

Opinion Watson heleta

Poor comparison. Cody Walker always had the talent and ability, it was his off-field antics that held him back. If he had his shit together from the get-go then he debuts much earlier.
  28. Horse

Opinion Watson heleta

And the game has changed a lot since 15 years ago, particularly the physical attributes required to compete as a winger. The average height across all wingers going around this weekend is 187.25cm. Not one is shorter than 6” and very few are shorter than 6”2’ Coaches don’t pick short wingers...
  29. Horse

Opinion Watson heleta

I was waiting for someone to mention To’o but fact is even To’o is 6ft and towers over Heleta. Heleta’s height is a massive handicap in stepping up to first grade and is undoubtedly the reason he hasn’t seen a promotion despite being consistently strong in the lower ranks for a number of years.
  30. Horse

Opinion Watson heleta

His form certainly merits at least a look-in but unfortunately for Watson his height is a real issue. He might get away with it in the lower grades without too many problems but the step up to first grade is huge as he’ll be marked up against superior physical specimens with great aerial...
  31. Horse

Official Round 14 Bulldogs V Dragons - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Yes Scoobs you and me both have stuck solid by him. Sharp footy minds mate ;) If we don’t land a big name hooker for next year then I’d be more than content with JMK steering us around the paddock as he did today.
  32. Horse

Dogs to knock off the eels next week

Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves.
  33. Horse

Opinion Jake Averillo Outstanding

I’ll chip in some extra $ into his pay packet for him to remain there
  34. Horse

Opinion Jake Averillo Outstanding

We’d be mad not to persist with him at halfback whilst he’s showing this level of promise there at the age of just 20. He was outstanding and just keeps improving all aspects of his game. 2022: 6 Burton 7 Averillo
  35. Horse

Yep. As should the many members such as yourself who’ve hammered JMK should pay him some credit also. Both were outstanding today.
  36. Horse

News Bulldogs eye huge DWZ-Leilua swap

You were saying..?
  37. Horse

3-2-1 Bulldogs vs Dragons

3. Averillo 2. JMK 1. Meaney/JJ
  38. Horse

Fuck SJ Give Averillo the #7 for the next 10 years. Getting better and better each week
  39. Horse

We were part of a very very small minority who didn’t rate him. 98% of this forum were absolutely sold on him. Was truly baffling
  40. Horse

JMK steering the team around the park beautifully. Hopefully he can go the distance and Katoa spends as much time on the bench as possible.
  41. Horse

Opinion No more Back ended contracts they said

Hahah you’ve gobbled up more garbage. Just like you’ve gobbled up all your conspiracy theories and cock.
  42. Horse

Most hated player currently?

Mbye would be up there
  43. Horse

Opinion Joey Lussick hooker solution

He’d be a reliable 2nd string hooker at most clubs but we really need a premium hooker with a bit more X-factor while we’ve got a War Chest at our disposal.
  44. Horse

Opinion Kobe Hetherington sent off!

Disgraceful decision.
  45. Horse

Meaney 6!!!

That’s right mate you stepped up to the plate with that one. I was more talking about whenever $$ have been on the table though
  46. Horse

Meaney 6!!!

Good luck with that mate. I’ve challenged many members on here to back their convictions with a wager and not once has anyone agreed to a bet.
  47. Horse

News Storm after Meaney

He’s not at Papenhuyzens level in terms of raw talent but in my opinion he’s a very good first grader and has a bright future and can take his own game to another level, still only 23. He’s been our best outside back this year by a country mile. Rock solid. We’ll see more of his attacking...
  48. Horse

Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

Agreed. This SJ circle jerk needs to end
  49. Horse

Matt Burton consolidated thread

Beautiful field goal? It was an absolute mug off the boot. Miracle that it dropped over
  50. Horse

He’s lit it up out of nowhere. Giddy up Burto
  51. Horse

There’s no sugar coating it, his 5th tackle options and general playmaking/organising has been atrocious both weeks. Plenty of work to do.
  52. Horse

I’ll fold you
  53. Horse

Alright Peter Mulholland tell us who you’ve got covering hooker for us next season considering B.Smith isn’t coming. You need probably 4 who can competently cover the position in your top 30. Topine is on the books already and I’d be retaining JMK as an option also. Not retaining Katoa or...
  54. Horse

Which forwards do we sign?

I’d bet that Peter Sharp doesn’t know what day of the week it is. Bloke is clueless
  55. Horse

There was a report I think mate but surely one of our current hookers will need to be retained you’d think?
  56. Horse

Agreed. I think there’s a bit more to come from JMK. He’s been pretty decent when you consider he plays behind a pack that goes nowhere as you pointed out, and he’s been new to the position on a full time basis. He’s currently our best option at hooker by a country mile and I’d be extending him...
  57. Horse

Warriors re-sign Afoa

Oh no
  58. Horse

Trent Barrett under fire!

At the start of the season? Don’t think so
  59. Horse

Horrific man management if true
  60. Horse

Krazy Konspiracy Thread

How should I prepare for this? Your top 5-10 pointers would be greatly appreciated
  61. Horse

Have you just woken up a 6 year coma Scoobs? There was 3 years worth of proven shitness from Barrett as a coach at Manly and now a further 6 months worth here.
  62. Horse

Which players failed to live up to expectations?

That reminds me it another one who had a massive debut season with Parra then fell off the map - Daniel Mortimer
  63. Horse

Which players failed to live up to expectations?

Jacob Loko. Could’ve been anything if he had even half a brain.
  64. Horse

Lol great deal for the Tigers. Surely we aren’t entertaining this. As for Kenny - I think I’d rather keep JMK.
  65. Horse

News Hansen’s belated Belmore bow

This appointment simply wasn’t well thought through. Good luck building culture in footy team via an annual 10 day business trip and an hour or 2 Zoom consult once a fortnight outside of that. How much are we paying him?
  66. Horse

Ben Barba Interview

We were a better team in 2012 with Barba in it. We won 6 more more regular season games than what we did in 2014 which is significant. And in 2012 we were basically absent of a halfback with Keating there playing essentially as a passenger. 2014 we had Hodkinson in his prime. He won the Dally M...
  67. Horse

Ben Barba Interview

Rubbish. There’s no way we make the GF in 2012 without Barba. He was that good. Sharks also would still be on zero Premierships if not for Barba. He was in the Top 5 in the comp for both Try’s and Try Assists which is pretty much unheard of.
  68. Horse

Opinion No Bandaid Solutions

Would be lucky to have another 3-4 months of good footy left in him let alone 3-4 years. He’s been very very ordinary for Cronulla and is 31 in a few months and coming off a serious Achilles injury. Pass.
  69. Horse

You’ve copped a fair bit of heat for this post but the underlying premise of your post is a valid one. There has undoubtedly been a vibe a good few fans of here that “2021 doesn’t matter, we’re all good for 2022 cos we’ve landed Burton”. He isn’t the saviour many think, but he can be a big...
  70. Horse

Update on proceedings

I’m with you on that one Ted. 900k is your premium hooker who’s got the lot - robust defence, playmaking ability, vision, top kicking game, craft and guile. B.Smith isn’t that hooker. He’s a bash’n’barge hooker with light sprinklings of the above qualities. 600-650k man IMO.
  71. Horse

OKUNBOR

Yeah if I was in charge I would’ve sacked Okunbor too. Highly paid grown men just had to go out to Port Mac for a few days and at least pretend to promote the game and the club but all they could manage was to fire up the Tinder account and chase hood rat school girls. Reputation damage, $2M...
  72. Horse

Nicho Hynes

I think he’ll prove to be worth every cent of that 600k/year. Has class
  73. Horse

Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

No bandaid solutions.
  74. Horse

Ben Barba Interview

Thanks for sharing mate. Very disappointing the way he panned out but in his prime with us was one of the most entertaining players I’ve ever seen. Great memories
  75. Horse

OKUNBOR

Instrumentals a bit of a stretch.
  76. Horse

OKUNBOR

Are you joking? That stunt he and CHN pulled on the eve of Round 1 is what put us behind the 8 ball from the get-go.
  77. Horse

Bold predictions for this season

A bold prediction is something that is against the odds, but the individual fundamentally thinks it will happen. You thought the Panthers would finish 10th so you are a donkey. Assassin thought our worst case scenario was making first week of finals, so he is also a donkey. Ps. no need for the...
  78. Horse

Your opinion on the performance of our recruitment team

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - @bradtalo and @bradyk should be managing our top 30/salary cap
  79. Horse

Bold predictions for this season

Jesus, some very low IQ footy brains in the opening few pages of this thread. To be fair though no one could’ve predicted that we’d be travelling this horrifically. This absolutely should’ve been a year of progression, not severe regression.
  80. Horse

George Burgess

He’s played 8 games of footy in 2 years, he’s 30 next year, and he’s coming off a major surgery. Big no.
  81. Horse

News Nicho Hynes Signs with Cronulla Sharks

I really hope not. He’s cooked, nowhere near the same player since his last serious injury.
  82. Horse

Nicho Hynes

Barrett gave Hynes the flick when he was at Manly. We were never in the hunt.
  83. Horse

DWZ consolidated thread

Still too cowardly to tag me are you champ? Grow a pair
  84. Horse

DWZ consolidated thread

I’ve found where a pleb’s at. Deano had zero input in negotiating the figures mate, and had next to no input in recruitment at any level. Common knowledge. You must be feeding off the same insider as @ASSASSIN
  85. Horse

Avo or Cheese

Who’s got the jatz?
  86. Horse

Other News Source Dogs in talks with Willis Meehan

Come at me bro. I’ll knock the tartar off your teeth
  87. Horse

That’s got absolutely nothing to do with playing footy. Jog on pleb
  88. Horse

Ah yes a 120kg thug who hasn’t laced a boot for more than half a decade. Just what we need
  89. Horse

Definitely been some dodgy investments recruitment-wise, that we can agree on! Thank you for the civil discussion Maria. You’re one of the few of the Renouf fan club who will discuss him without getting yourself too worked up. This is why I consider you the Queen of the Kennel by a considerable...
  90. Horse

Simply put - Elliot has a few more ‘runs on the board’ which is why he’s afforded a bit more patience with his form than what To’omaga gets. Personally, I would’ve had Elliott joining Renouf in the Mounties pack last weekend.
  91. Horse

40 games is more opportunities than most have been afforded over the years. In fact approximately 60% of all players play less than 30 in their career, and trust me they aren’t all getting big minutes. It’s all about how you make the most of your opportunities, no matter how brief they may be...
  92. Horse

Trent Barrett - Mega thread

I’m still waiting to see even a shred of evidence that this bloke has any clue how to coach. All this talk about him being an attacking genius and we do nothing but hit the ball up 1 out for 5 tackles and poke a kick to the corner. We do this for 80 minutes straight, no matter the...
  93. Horse

Schoupp not much chop

Not disputing that he didn’t make any wrong calls defensively, but he’s young and is playing in the worst defensive team in the comp, up against the best attacking team in the comp. Tough ask. He’s learning and I reckon he’s got the right attributes and attitude to be a very good asset for us...
  94. Horse

Schoupp not much chop

Haha come on mate. Out of all the players you could choose to pot you choose the teenage 2nd gamer who held his own.
  95. Horse

Opinion Penalty Try or Sin bin

Get a dog up ya @AlzzBulldog
  96. Horse

Rd 12 Dogs vs Panthers 3-2-1

3. Averillo 2. Meaney 1. Thompson
  97. Horse

I reckon it’s more so the other way round Maria. Renoufs been with the club for almost a decade, and has been afforded 40 first grade games. It’s fair to say that out of that 40 games he’s produced a pretty mixed bag. Plain and simply - the club have invested a lot in Renouf and there hasn’t...