Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nothing like following up an Arsenal victory than seeing those SPUDS lose! hahahaha

talk about getting bent over in the worst possible way!
Plus ManUre and Liverpoo dropped points too.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This Tank guy is ****ing annoying. He's like the DoggiesUtd of Arsenal fans.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Nice win. But Dortmund winning basically means we need to get a result against Napoli to make it I believe.

Unless Marsielle can get a result against Dortmund. Unlikely...

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk 4

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice win. But Dortmund winning basically means we need to get a result against Napoli to make it I believe.

Unless Marsielle can get a result against Dortmund. Unlikely...

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk 4

arsenal have already qualified but its between Dortmund and arsenal fighting for first and second spot in the group

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Snap, I checked the table after the game this morning and it hadn't been updated.

It's not an automatic qualification. If Napoli smacks us by like 7 and Dortmund win we'll be in trouble. I think... So all good.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
This Tank guy is ****ing annoying. He's like the DoggiesUtd of Arsenal fans.
nothing wrong with a bit of banter....ps...good win this morning...I thought Arsenal is through now...Dortmund wont lose to marseile...

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
arsenal have already qualified but its between Dortmund and arsenal fighting for first and second spot in the group

No, not yet.

We just need a point against Napoli to top the group, but if we lose and BVB beat Marseille (most likely) then Arsenal, Napoli and Dortmund all finish on 12 pts. Then it comes down to goal difference between those 3 teams (i.e. the Marseille games don't count)

Since Dortmund and Arsenal beat each other by 1 goal, they cancel each other out. So it all comes down to the Napoli game, now we already beat Napoli 2-0 at the Emirates, so they will have to beat Arsenal by a 3 goal margin in the next game to advance at Arsenals expense.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
No, not yet.

We just need a point against Napoli to top the group, but if we lose and BVB beat Marseille (most likely) then Arsenal, Napoli and Dortmund all finish on 12 pts. Then it comes down to goal difference between those 3 teams (i.e. the Marseille games don't count)

Since Dortmund and Arsenal beat each other by 1 goal, they cancel each other out. So it all comes down to the Napoli game, now we already beat Napoli 2-0 at the Emirates, so they will have to beat Arsenal by a 3 goal margin in the next game to advance at Arsenals expense.
No it doesnt come down to goal differences in the cl. In CL group stages, it comes down to 'away goals'.

Stupid rule tbh

JFT39

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No it doesnt come down to goal differences in the cl. In CL group stages, it comes down to 'away goals'.

Stupid rule tbh

JFT39

No, not initially.

It's a little confusing, but first it comes down to goal difference between the teams in question. If they're still equal after that, then it goes to goals scored, away goals etc.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Let's just get a result against Napoli lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
No, not initially.

It's a little confusing, but first it comes down to goal difference between the teams in question. If they're still equal after that, then it goes to goals scored, away goals etc.
1. Result between teams
2. Away goals between teams
3. For and against in all group games
4. Goals scored in all group games
5. Higher co-effecient
6. Most Handsome Manager

Napoli 3 goal win or more and any Dortmund win = Arsenal eliminated
Napoli 2 goal win not enough to overtake arsenal

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
What if we lose 105—7

Do our 7 away goals mean more then points differential and we still go through? Considering we're all on 12pts

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Game breakers made more sense

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
What if we loss 105—7

Do our, 7 away goals mean more and we still go through? Considering we're all on 12pts

ffs my rundown wasnt exactly accurate, results between teams means the whole tiebreak formula

the threeway tie (if dortmund and napoli actually win and make it a 3 way tie) currently stands as

Dortmund 6pts 6-5 +1GD (3 away goals) *LOCKED IN AT THIS
Arsenal 6pts 4-2 +2 (1) *Still to play
Nopoli 3pts 3-6 -3 (1) *Still to play

its pts gained between tied teams, then tied teams goal difference, then tied teams goals scored, then tied teams away goals, then we count the whole group if its still tied

Napoli winning by 3 will bring them to even goal difference and also bring arsenal down to minus 1, if they win by only 2 it takes them to -1 and arsenal stay ahead on even, so there is no possible way to still be tied on goal difference and move onto the next tiebreaker

its a simple dont lose by 3 goals equation

this is all a little confusing, hopefully next year they will just let an octopus pick who goes through

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
nothing wrong with a bit of banter....ps...good win this morning...I thought Arsenal is through now...Dortmund wont lose to marseile...
Nah nothing wrong with it but when it comes to Liverpool fans you have to absolutely disrespect them.

JFT39

Tank

Salute It!
Reaction score
Nah nothing wrong with it but when it comes to Liverpool fans you have to absolutely disrespect them.

JFT39
Most Arsenal fans I've come across diss the spurs and their fans more than any other club in the league. Just join any Arsenal fan group on Facebook and you'll see it for yourself. Absolutely no mercy shown whatsoever :grinning:

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Champions League Group F permutations
What would happen if Arsenal, Napoli and Borussia Dortmund all finish Champions League Group F tied on 12 points?

That will happen if Napoli beat Arsenal and Dortmund beat Marseille on matchday six on December 11.
Put simply, Arsenal must avoid a three-goal defeat in Naples to go into the last 16. For more details, read on.

According to Uefa's rules, if three teams end the group on the same number of points, the following 'tiebreakers' will be used (in order) to decide who progresses to the knockout stages:
(a) highest number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question (Arsenal, Napoli and Dortmund)
(b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question (ie. Arsenal, Napoli and Dortmund)
(c) higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question (ie. Arsenal, Napoli and Dortmund)
(d) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question (ie. Arsenal, Napoli and Dortmund)

If, after applying criteria (a) to (d) to all three teams, two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria (a) to (b) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the two teams in question to determine their final rankings.

If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria (e) to (g) apply;
(e) superior goal difference from all group matches played;
(f) higher number of goals scored from all group matches played;
(g) higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as its association, over the previous five seasons.

Copyright 2013 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Champions League Group F permutations
What would happen if Arsenal, Napoli and Borussia Dortmund all finish Champions League Group F tied on 12 points?

That will happen if Napoli beat Arsenal and Dortmund beat Marseille on matchday six on December 11.
Put simply, Arsenal must avoid a three-goal defeat in Naples to go into the last 16. For more details, read on.

According to Uefa's rules, if three teams end the group on the same number of points, the following 'tiebreakers' will be used (in order) to decide who progresses to the knockout stages:
(a) highest number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question (Arsenal, Napoli and Dortmund)
(b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question (ie. Arsenal, Napoli and Dortmund)
(c) higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question (ie. Arsenal, Napoli and Dortmund)
(d) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question (ie. Arsenal, Napoli and Dortmund)

If, after applying criteria (a) to (d) to all three teams, two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria (a) to (b) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the two teams in question to determine their final rankings.

If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria (e) to (g) apply;
(e) superior goal difference from all group matches played;
(f) higher number of goals scored from all group matches played;
(g) higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as its association, over the previous five seasons.

Copyright 2013 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source
interestingly if it was to be sorted by goal difference like the EPL it would be the same match situation