Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Tank

Salute It!
Reaction score
you have had a team capable of winning the league for a while...
Not consistently...

Think back to the squad we fielded 2 years ago and compare it to the one we have today:

ARSENAL
Szczesny
Jenkinson
Koscielny
Djourou
Traore
Ramsey
Rosicky
Coquelin
Arshavin
Walcott
Van Persie

Subs:
Fabianski
Oxade-Chamberlain
Chamakh
Lansbury
Miguel
Ozyakup
Sunu

From memory, that was the strongest team we had in 2011... Definitely not league-winning material.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
ok maybe not that yr......but other seasons u should have challenged better....anyways it may b a new era for Arsenal...or much the same old....time will tell

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
If anything both of yous should be having a go at Liverpool with their failings so far this season and their constant victims mentality.

Tank

Salute It!
Reaction score
Liverpool hasn't been failing by any stretch this season...

Suarez and Sturridge are on fire... and when you get good service out of guys like Coutinho, Gerrard, and Moses, then it's little wonder they're well-entrenched in the top 4.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Liverpool hasn't been failing by any stretch this season...

Suarez and Sturridge are on fire... and when you get good service out of guys like Coutinho, Gerrard, and Moses, then it's little wonder they're well-entrenched in the top 4.
- not in Europe
- knocked out of the league cup
- lost to Southampton
- shit manager

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
all my cuzns r Liverpool supporters....always give it to them...they are overachieving big time this season....but like u said no league or Europe and no facup until January...so all they play is premier league games...where the rest of the top 6-7 teams r all in Europe with midweek away games.......so its hard to draw a comparison......they will fall and end up 6th as per usual....its only a matter of time before Suarez does something stupid or goes to another team...and lets face it... sturridge aint that good

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Just started a new career mode on FIFA 14 with Schalke 04 (with latest squad updates etc), and Benzema just signed with Arsenal for 39mil :p

EA knows whats up #illuminati

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just started a new career mode on FIFA 14 with Schalke 04 (with latest squad updates etc), and Benzema just signed with Arsenal for 39mil :p

EA knows whats up #illuminati
Happened to Abdul too.

#doubleilluminati lol

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
all my cuzns r Liverpool supporters....always give it to them...they are overachieving big time this season....but like u said no league or Europe and no facup until January...so all they play is premier league games...where the rest of the top 6-7 teams r all in Europe with midweek away games.......so its hard to draw a comparison......they will fall and end up 6th as per usual....its only a matter of time before Suarez does something stupid or goes to another team...and lets face it... sturridge aint that good
Dont forget, they always cry about Hillsborough

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
United fans coming out when their team wins, where were they when they lost to WBA or Man City?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
AN ARSENAL fan has been left homeless after he bet his house on Arsenal beating Manchester United and lost.

The Observer*reports that Henry Dhabasani, from Iganga, Uganda, made the bet against Rashid Yiga, confident that Arsenal would defeat the English Premier League champions.

Mr Dhabasani put up his two-bedroom home, while Mr Yiga wagered his new Toyota Premio and his wife.

The pair put their bet in writing and it was witnessed by local leaders.Mr Dhabasani, already married to three women with who he has five children, fainted at the end of the match as Manchester United won 1-0.

The day after the game Manchester United fans stormed the home and threw out Mr Dhabasani and his family.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sanga out and Abate in???

Fuking hope so, sick of him.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
The most fk'd up situation in my Fantasy League this week - worst luck

My two strikers Soldado and Aguero are verusing eachother. So one will likely score good points, other won't...

My defenders Fonte and Lovren are taking on my midfielders Ramsey, Cazorla and Ozil

My Everton boys, Baines and Barkley are taking on Liverpool

Great!!!

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
1st world problems !! lol
feel your pain though...very very hard to keep up with a premier league fantasy comp...u never know whos playing until they take the field pretty much

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The most fk'd up situation in my Fantasy League this week - worst luck

My two strikers Soldado and Aguero are verusing eachother. So one will likely score good points, other won't...

My defenders Fonte and Lovren are taking on my midfielders Ramsey, Cazorla and Ozil

My Everton boys, Baines and Barkley are taking on Liverpool

Great!!!

Soldado? you need to sell him. He's not scoring goals, not worth his price. Suarez, Giroud, Lukaku, Rooney, Sturridge will bring better returns imo and are in better form, depends who you can afford. Spurs aren't scoring goals atm

3 Arsenal midfielders puts too many eggs in one basket, I would sell Cazorla and keep Ramsey and Ozil

My 2 cents

Tank

Salute It!
Reaction score
Rumours Benzema has a handshake agreement with us in January.

Source KE
gee-up? LOL

jokes aside, there's no point believing any talk that Arsenal will get Benzema..

Arsenal have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema, reports The Daily Star.

Benzema, who had been out of form at the Bernabeu, has started to turn his career around in Spain and now it's understood Madrid aren't willing to part ways with their forward.

The Gunners were keen to bring Benzema to the Emirates in January in order further fuel their bid to win the Premier League title.

Arsene Wenger is desperate for a new striker at the north London club in order to give competition to Olivier Giroud.

However it now looks unlikely Benzema will be joining his former teammate Mesut Ozil at the Emirates.

Last edited by a moderator: