Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Walcott is low on confidence at the moment. I bagged him last night, but honestly he is not usually this bad. You could see it on his face. He was like a deer in headlights.

Wenger needs him to come good this season or sell him. I dare say though he will come good with he right coaching.
I think you're right, remember just how good his finishing was when where negotiating his contract extension?

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Walcott is low on confidence at the moment. I bagged him last night, but honestly he is not usually this bad. You could see it on his face. He was like a deer in headlights.

Wenger needs him to come good this season or sell him. I dare say though he will come good with he right coaching.
Mate, don't get me wrong... I love Walcott but he's the type of player that is either rocks or diamonds... He'll come good, he's still young... But we need a quality striker to help out Giroud with the opportunities that are handed to him and our wingers... we are miss podolski already man.. fuuck

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think you're right, remember just how good his finishing was when where negotiating his contract extension?
That's why I think it's a confidence thing.

People think it was because he was negotiating a contract. True. But not the reason you expect.

I believe it was because other managers were showing interest in him, chasing him, and telling him ow good he is. With that, his confidence was sky high.

At the moment, I'm not sure he is getting the love from Wenger. Remember, for all the good that Wenger does, he has a history of stalling careers as well as blossoming. We know the ones that went well.

But the ones that stalled? Arsharvin, Chamakh, and to an extent Walcott. Those 3 payers in particular rely on confidence and self belief.

I truly hope he comes good.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate, don't get me wrong... I love Walcott but he's the type of player that is either rocks or diamonds... He'll come good, he's still young... But we need a quality striker to help out Giroud with the opportunities that are handed to him and our wingers... we are miss podolski already man.. fuuck
I agree totally. But someone needs to tell him he is a winger and nothing else. Charge down that sideline and put a cross in, or come in and take a shot at goal. But he shouldn't be hanging around the 6 yard line. With him there we have no width in our attack.

Seriously, if he doesn't come good this year, Wenger should sell him.

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree totally. But someone needs to tell him he is a winger and nothing else. Charge down that sideline and put a cross in, or come in and take a shot at goal. But he shouldn't be hanging around the 6 yard line. With him there we have no width in our attack.

Seriously, if he doesn't come good this year, Wenger should sell him.
I don't think we should sell him tbh, who do you replace him with? Our wingers are good, they do set up opportunities but i think he is trying too hard to prove to Wenger that he is a Striker and not a winger... The way i saw it and as you mentioned, his confidence is low.. why, i don't know? I guess the media being on his ass doesn't help his cause because apparently he didn't perform during the International break.

Can't deny that he was very good last season but he needs to produce on a consistent basis... What i've noticed with Walcott is he a player that performs when his confidence is sky high but when he lacks it, he performs at a very shiit level... once he starts scoring again he'll improve massively

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Man we lost Podolski at the wrong time, just when we locked up Özil. Get well asap brother.

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Man we lost Podolski at the wrong time, just when we locked up Özil. Get well asap brother.
apparently he's recovering ahead of schedule... i read somewhere that he should be fit by october 2nd... fingers crossed man.. we need another finisher and he is quality :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
apparently he's recovering ahead of schedule... i read somewhere that he should be fit by october 2nd... fingers crossed man.. we need another finisher and he is quality :grinning:
Great news if true bro

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My mistake... Oct 1st for the Napoli clash :grinning:

Mikel Arteta and Lukas Podolski are making rapid recoveries from injury.

That’s great news for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who could be ready to supplement his choices as he faces a *demanding fixture list in the Premier League, the Capital One Cup and Europe.

It was feared that Spanish midfielder Arteta would be out until the middle of next month after he suffered a thigh injury in training.

But he has made impressive progress and could figure in the Capital One Cup tie at West Brom next week. If he is short for that clash he is set to make a return to the squad for the Premier League game at *Swansea.

German international *Podolski pulled a hamstring in the Champions League qualifier against Fenerbache, and the early assessment was that he would be out until the end of next month.

But, like Arteta, Podolski has responded well to treatment and both players look certain to be ready for the first home game in the Champions League group stage against Napoli on October 1.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-mikel-arteta-lukas-podolski-2274628

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Nice - and yeah I saw Giroud's tweet he's good

Walcott will come good too boys, it's all a confidence thing. They'll all be firing within a week or two IMO

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Arsenal go back for £30m Rooney and hope Ozil presence will secure United target

Arsenal will test Manchester United’s resolve to keep Wayne Rooney in this January’s transfer window, with their spending ready to continue following their record £42million deal for Mesut Ozil.

Arsenal still have funds to make a bid of about £30m and the feeling at the club is that the signing of Ozil has indicated to Rooney, who scored on his surprise return from injury in Manchester United’s 2-0 win over Crystal Palace, that they have returned to being serious title contenders.

Ozil inspired Arsenal to a 3-1 win at Sunderland on Saturday, but they want to add a striker in January if possible and Rooney and Luis Suarez remain the two players that Wenger would like to add to the team.

The club believe that Rooney will consider their bid seriously, even though he seemed to prefer to move to Chelsea in the summer, because they have now signed Germany playmaker Ozil.

Neither Suarez nor Rooney will be easy to prise away, with United having proved resolute in their determination to keep Rooney, rejecting bids from both Arsenal and Chelsea and Liverpool proving equally intransigent over Suarez, rejecting a bid of £40million, plus £1, from Arsenal.

United are preparing to offer Rooney a new contract as his current deal runs out in 18 months, but have indicated that they will wait until January before opening talks. United need to sign him on a longer-term deal before his market value dramatically decreases in the final year of his contract.

Real Madrid are now expected to bid for Suarez in January and it is clear that Liverpool would prefer to sell him abroad and that the player would prefer a move to the Bernabeu.

Rooney started Saturday’s game after his training-ground accident with Phil Jones that gashed his head, but his situation will continue to attract attention, especially with the launch of Sir Alex Ferguson’s autobiography next month.

Rooney still strongly contends Sir Alex’s version of events at the end of last season, the former Manchester United manager claiming that Rooney asked to leave the club. United have confirmed that Rooney never submitted a formal transfer request.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2420831/Arsenal-30m-target-Wayne-Rooney.html

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah right.

The idea of Wenger paying that much for a UCL cup-tied player in Jan is as incredulous as MU selling the little chav to an EPL rival.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Came January we'll be in a VERY VERY tight race with Man U and co for the title

I think Wenger should shelf the idea either Man U or Liverpool will sell. Aim for someone else outside the EPL or non title contending

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In other news, how fkn awesome is Ramsey?

It's unbelievable how much he's improved this past year

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
^^ Thumbs up

PS Liverpool drew this morning, title will be tight this year :grinning: