Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Djourou can stay. Squill can **** off, I'd rather play Kyle Bartley.

Didn't watch the game as some people were staying in our lounge (******s), but recorded it, so will watch later on.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmqUg9Z3-mI - Here are the highlights for the game.

The second goal was really soft. At first I though Djourou was just in a poor position when the ball came in but he just couldn't match the strength of the Boca striker, that was kind of disappointing because you're expected to stand firm and clear the ball from your own penalty area and not go for a wonder slide try to win the ball when its already passed you.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not just our personnel but we are continually trying to play the offside trap and are getting caught out. It has done more harm than good and the better teams will absolutely have a field day if we continue with it.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate the offside trap. And zonal marking is dodgy.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Harry Redknapp has confirmed Tottenham are interested in signing in-demand Valencia winger Juan Mata.

The 23-year-old has been linked with Spurs' arch-rivals Arsenal, while several other clubs are also keen on Mata, who impressed at this summer's European Under-21 Championship.

Valencia have insisted there have been no approaches for the Spaniard and are also determined not to sell Mata during the transfer window.

Redknapp revealed Spurs' interest in signing Mata is in the hands of chairman Daniel Levy as he looks to improve his squad ahead of the new season.

The Tottenham boss claimed Arsenal are among the clubs in competition to sign Mata and is unsure whether a deal will be done.

"The chairman has been dealing with it," said Redknapp after Spurs' pre-season friendly win at Brighton on Saturday.

"He is a player we like, obviously, so do Arsenal, so do a few other clubs, but where it's all at I don't know.

"He's a player I went and saw when England played Spain Under -21s and I thought he looked fantastic.

"Whether anything happens I wouldn't be sure, the chairman is the only person who has been dealing with those transfers."

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he wont go to spuds, he would wanna play in the champions league not for those retards

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet again I stay awake just to watch arsenal throw away a win, Fmd we cant even win our own trophy

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Going to be a very long season. And not a happy one at that I suspect. Just watched the game. Disgraceful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Settle down people. It's a dud cup competition. Inter lost 3-0 this morning, oh no their season's over.

I'm negative, but some of this is just ridiculous. Arsene has said he is after a defender and we may sign Mata as well, I'll wait a l9ittle longer rather than judging on a competition like this.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On a separate note ... How good was the lap of honor by Henry? What a legend and the love he has for Arsenal. I didn't mind him leaving Emirates Stadium one last time as a winner.

And the fans love his passion & love for the Gunners.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On a separate note ... How good was the lap of honor by Henry? What a legend and the love he has for Arsenal. I didn't mind him leaving Emirates Stadium one last time as a winner.

And the fans love his passion & love for the Gunners.
I get insane goosebumps when I watch him kiss the Highbury pitch on the final day of our last season there. An Arsenal legend waving goodbye to Highbury with a hat-trick.

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
juan mata will sign with arsenal within the wk and jagielka will also sign as everton is now chasing samba to replace jagielka

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it is just a preseason trophy that means nothing but it's disappointing the way in which we threw away our lead each time. The only positive is that although we usually win the Emirates Cup, our performances are pretty poor most of the time.

On a brighter note, it was great to see the reception Henry received during his lap of honour. Never been happier after a draw.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
according to Guilem Balague on Tw@tter

GuillemBalague Guillem Balague
News about Mata coming soon and not very possitive for Arsenal fans...

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word (not sure whos though) is that Jagielka AND Cahill will be Arsenal players this week and will possibly both play against Benfica with Vermaelen as LB, in order to be ready for our Champions League qualifiers.

Not getting my hopes up just yet but passing on what iv'e heard to you guys.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Mata's clause to sign player cheaper (20-23m euros) finished yesterday. Clubs agreed fee, player happy to go but money didnt arrive...

Spurs tried to get him but he only wanted to go to Arsenal or Barcelona. Without Cesc money, Arsenal didnt want 2 pay.Now he costs 60m euros

Only a superoffer of 30m euros plus will get him but now the most likely scenario is a new contract with Valencia

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
according to Guilem Balague on Tw@tter

News about Mata coming soon and not very possitive for Arsenal fans...
Didn't he come out two days ago and say Mata to Arsenal was a done deal?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
did you read my last post on what he said on what happened with the deal?

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you read my last post on what he said on what happened with the deal?
Yeh right after I posted.

Wouldn't surprise me but I don't see why Arsenal wouldn't have made an offer just to open negotiations incase a deal for Fabregas does go through. They could always just back out of the deal :S

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate twitter, spastic journos changing there "story" every few hours.