Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reports suggest we've agreed on a fee but no quotes anywhere to confirm or deny that.
Thanks man. I do hope its true. Any day now Fabregas will come out and say he's no longer a Gunner so have a star-studded winger like Mata will definitely fill the void created when Cesc does decide to leave.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man. I do hope its true. Any day now Fabregas will come out and say he's no longer a Gunner so have a star-studded winger like Mata will definitely fill the void created when Cesc does decide to leave.
For some reason talk still surrounds Benzema coming to Arsenal. I know there's been quote after quote from Mourinho, and Benzema himself, denying this but there are still murmurs around. Personally i can't see it happening but that would definately given Arsenal fans something to be excited about for the first time in a LONG time.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
For some reason talk still surrounds Benzema coming to Arsenal. I know there's been quote after quote from Mourinho, and Benzema himself, denying this but there are still murmurs around. Personally i can't see it happening but that would definately given Arsenal fans something to be excited about for the first time in a LONG time.
Me too very unlikely to happen.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With the amount of transfer rumours going about anything could be false or true. I mean, we've had discussions in the thread about Jaigelka, Biglia, Cahill, Mata and Samba and some are weak while other not so. I haven't heard about Benzema to be honest. He still looks happy to stay at Real Madrid and he did bag quite a few when Real Madrid played in the group stages of the UCL. I think he had 7 in 6 Games or so. Anyway, considering the money he gets and also the game time, and that he is only 2 years in a 4 or 5 year contract and that he is still young, the asking price is high or should be. I would love it if he partnered Van Persie upfront though. 2 solid strikers up front... Back to the days of Henry and Bergkamp...:p

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Emirates cup begins tonight on ESPN.
NY Red Bulls vs PSG @ 11.15pm
Arsenal vs Boca @ 1.15pm

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if u have a spare 14 mins and love watching henry have a look at this

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/07/29/all-226-thierry-henry-arsenal-goals-in-one-goal-fest-video/

my personal favourites, 31, 106, 157, 207
Almost 65% of the goals were all great passes, crosses and through-balls the rest being penalties, single runs and screamer shots. This video is the full video for Goal No.90. I thought this one was especially special because he did it all himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUXKtf1rdaY&feature=related

P.S. Please watch No.22 again and focus on the net.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was something special. Never get tired of viewing footage of Henry.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if anyone cares ny redbull beat psg 1-0 in the opening game of the emirates cup...pretty boring match lol put the mrs to sleep

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arsenal team: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Djourou, Traore, Frimpong, Wilshere, Nasri, Gervinho, Arshavin, Van Persie. Subs: Sagna, Vela, Ramsey, Song, Squillaci, Mannone, Eboue, Gibbs, Chamakh, Afobe, Bartley.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2-1 squillaci give the ball away just outside the box, the man is a ****ing donkey!

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New season same story...we score 2 beautiful goals and concede 2 ugly goals

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this doesn't wake Wenger up and make him buy a CB then God himself wouldn't be able to convince him...

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seriously Wenger can go and take his love Childs Djourou & Squillaci with him. Dead set I would never pick these in a PS3 game let alone a 1st Div team.