Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
1- APPARENTLY he's told team mates he won't re-sign.
2- Wenger is a fcking tightass, is why, Ben.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only way we will lose Nasri next season is if the board intervenes and over rules Wenger. Nasri appears like he would like a change of clubs, but Wenger is adamant it won't happen. He is of the view that he can convince him to resign during the next season, on the basis of winning some cups.

I am of the opinion that 20mil pounds is too much to ignore. Would love him to stay, but the stakes are too high. Take 20m now rather than risk a fee free transfer next season.
Yeah exactly. That kind of money for someone who will leave anyway and who is in the last year of his contract is surely too much to pass up onj.

1- APPARENTLY he's told team mates he won't re-sign.
2- Wenger is a fcking tightass, is why, Ben.
Well if he's a tightass then he should take the money and add it to his Scrooge McDuck vault of money with the rest! :grinning:

But seriously, give us Nasri you c**ts! Haha.

What do you guys think about Samba? He's like having two goalkeepers he makes that many goalline clearances.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasri can go **** himself. Half season wonder. I don't care if he goes to City, it's a bad move for him if he does, but what City do doesn't worry me.

It'd be much easier to take than him going to United.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Samba. He would also add another dimension to our offensive corners. Having said that, I would prefer Gary Cahill. But both appear unlikely at this stage.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Walcott injured and leaving camp for scans.

Also tottenham trying to snatch Mata from us but he seems to rather come to us rather than them.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mata to "sign within the next 24 hours" according to the Star.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mata would be a good signing. Will provide solid competition for a starting spot, but will provide good back up none the less.

Walcott injury... Story of his career thus far.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mata would be a good signing. Will provide solid competition for a starting spot, but will provide good back up none the less.

Walcott injury... Story of his career thus far.
Can't see Wenger spending 17mil on a squad player. I have a feeling it will be Mata in, Nasri/Fabregas out. Personally i think Mata would be a straight swap for Nasri given theyre both fairly similar players but that doesn't seem likely.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mata will replace Cesc or one season wonder boy. He'll likely start on the left of the front 3. Him, Gervinho and RVP would be a great forward trio.

Still don't see the Mata deal happening though. Marca first revived he rumor and they are **** spinners.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mata will replace Cesc or one season wonder boy. He'll likely start on the left of the front 3. Him, Gervinho and RVP would be a great forward trio.

Still don't see the Mata deal happening though. Marca first revived he rumor and they are **** spinners.
or are they?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/tra...ll-Cesc-Fabregas-Barcelona-article777078.html

Im happy if we add Gevinho, Mata and Cahill to what we have now but if we lose Fabregas/Nasri we'll have to spend that money on replacements for them.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were also supposedly raising our bid for Jagielka to 13mil and trying to sign him before the Emirates Cup. Not sure how I feel about him tbh.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Marca were the ones who revived the rumour in the last day after Valencia said they weren't selling. That's what I meant.

I just don't see it happening with our transfer history.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marca were the ones who revived the rumour in the last day after Valencia said they weren't selling. That's what I meant.

I just don't see it happening with our transfer history.
Mata in for Fabregas seems like our transfer history... Downgrade and hide the profit.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mata in for Fabregas seems like our transfer history... Downgrade and hide the profit.
True, but I don't think Mata will come at such a low price as 15m. I'd have thought at least 20m, conidering his release clause is 65m (euros).

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you think Mata would be able to assume the role of an attacking midfielder after playing at the left-wing for so long??? Just a thought.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think Mata would be able to assume the role of an attacking midfielder after playing at the left-wing for so long??? Just a thought.
No, but I'd assume Nasri would take up Fabregas' role and then Mata will slot into Nasri's LW spot.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No, but I'd assume Nasri would take up Fabregas' role and then Mata will slot into Nasri's LW spot.
That would put Nasri is a more commanding position in the field and he will be able to perform there. Sounds good but i'm sure we like all other fans of Arsenal will be a more pleased if Fiberglass stays.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it seems that we will lose one of the two (most like Fabregas) this season and then the other next season. I think ALL Arsenal supporters would want to keep Fabregas rather than Nasri but it looks like it will be the other way around.