Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure Wenger wants to do the same though but I agree, the more quality defenders, they better the depth and overall performance of the team. Plus, we may finally get a clean season whereby 1 season-long injury doesn't necessarily ruins a notable part of the campaign. It happened in 2007-08 with Eduardo (poor Eduardo...:( ) and last season with Vermaelen, Almunia and Djorou.
I don't think so either.

Wenger offered 12mil for Jagielka last transfer window and that was rejected. Since then Jagielka has resigned for another 4 years and we offer 10mil this time?

Wenger is trying to lower Bolton's asking price for Cahill by bidding (albeit silly bids) on other targets that he knows will be rejected.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think so either.

Wenger offered 12mil for Jagielka last transfer window and that was rejected. Since then Jagielka has resigned for another 4 years and we offer 10mil this time?

Wenger is trying to lower Bolton's asking price for Cahill by bidding (albeit silly bids) on other targets that he knows will be rejected.
Coming off a new contract, you'd expect any club that's willing to make a serious pledge to get a player to increase their new bid... strange. I guess its in Wenger's own confident self to play cards others would normal keep folded because they don't work very often.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coming off a new contract, you'd expect any club that's willing to make a serious pledge to get a player to increase their new bid... strange. I guess its in Wenger's own confident self to play cards others would normal keep folded because they don't work very often.
Exactly. That's why I think it's a tactic to lower Bolton's asking price. If it looks like we are bidding for our other targets then they'll think that they might miss out of the chance to sell Cahill and will lower their asking price to Wenger's 15mil ;)

Could all backfire if Chelsea decide to go after him though.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. That's why I think it's a tactic to lower Bolton's asking price. If it looks like we are bidding for our other targets then they'll think that they might miss out of the chance to sell Cahill and will lower their asking price to Wenger's 15mil ;)

Could all backfire if Chelsea decide to go after him though.
They have an aging team so they can be looking at anyone of quality and with Abramavic's deep, deep pockets anyone could be on the cards in the Premier League. I mean eventually Terry will get on in age... Alex was bough when he was 28 so anyone under 26 or so would be a good benefit and if he can handle regular starts which Cahill obviously can then who knows... I hope we get though. I really do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which is why Wenger is putting pressure on Bolton. He wants to try buy Cahill before Chelsea get desperate and start digging deeper into Roman's pockets.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cahill has a 17m release clause, just pay it.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very open game so far against Cologne.

1-0 to Arsenal. Gervinho goal. Wilshere ball over the top taken on the volley over the keeper. Good start to his Arsenal career.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2-0 Gervinho with a brace after 15 mins. Good low cross by Walcott slotted home by Gervinho.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
walcott has looked very good so far this season, good goal in Malaysia and then a beautiful ball for gervinho

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arsenal playmaker Samir Nasri will sign a four year extension in the next few days after the Frenchman was promised that a top quality striker would be on his way to the Emirates.
The 24 year old has been on tenterhooks recently and has been considering a move away in a quest to win silverware and has been linked with a move to Manchester United, Manchester City and at one stage Chelsea. However, the promise of a top striker to be added to the squad has meant that Nasri is now prepared to sign a new deal, details of which are unclear at this time.
The striker believed to be on his way to Arsenal is that of Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema but we are unable to confirm that at this time. It has also been reported that Everton have turned down an offer from Arsenal for Phil Jagielka after we revealed the North London club had made enquiries into the defender two days ago. It is believed that Wenger will go back to Everton with an improved offer for the 28 year old.
SOURCE: FootyBunker

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome news if it's true.

Looking great getting forward but shaky at the back against the counters.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hope its benzema we sign, would be good having
schezny
vermaelen djourou cahill/samba/mertasaker/jagielka sagna

fabregas wilshere
gervinho nasri
benzema van persie

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gervinho subbed off. Doesn't look injured. Miyaichi on.