Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Liverpool could be heading to Sydney next year for a friendly at ANZ stadium. Apparently the FFA and NSW Govt are very close to finalising the deal.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We tried everything to drop points at QPR. We got out of jail with 2 own goals getting the win at the death. It should never have got to that stage though. The team played disjointed and without cohesion. Everything Balotelli touched turned to crap. The guy looks disinterested and gives negative vibe to the rest of the team.
Dont know what Rodgers is going to do with the defence, it continues to leak cheap goals.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
wow cannot believe liverpool won...used all their luck in this game me thinks...blessed!

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't defend a set piece to save our lives and Balotelli is rubbish. QPR deserved a point from that game.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Balotelli doesn't look interested. We were playing with 10 with him in the starting line up with that attitude. Missed an open goal.
Emre Can looks ordinary, Lovren is not worth 20+ milion pounds, Jose Enrique is Newcastle standard player, Glen Johnson is past it .
Rodgers needs to find solutions because the team is misfiring .
We have Real Madrid midweek and then Hull

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can is just coming back from Injury, he will be better for the run. I rate the kid, very aggressive and good on the ball a better option than Lucas and Allen IMO in the long run. Agree with you on Enrique, should not be starting ahead of a fit Moreno. Hope Coutinho can show the form he did in the last game more permanently.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I guess its still too early to judge Can. My major concern with this team is the defending which is the same as last season. Poor.
Coutinho an Sterling are our spark now that Suarez is gone. Rodgers needs to be playing them together.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Ronaldo and co toyed with pool this morning...should have been 6-0 at least...but they saved themselves in 2nd half with el classico coming up this weekend...
good luck on the return leg...no really...VIVA RONALDO!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
DRESSING ROOM UNREST IS RIFED AT ANFIELD
LIVERPOOL manager Brendan Rodgers will need manage another crisis after his team were torn to shreds by current Champions Real Madrid at Anfield last night.

Rumours of dressing room unrest coming from Anfield has barely been mentioned but a source close to the club has told The Telegraph after club's win against QPR that "there is some very unhappy players" in the squad.

The source has mentioned the sale of Daniel Agger to Brondby has caused a huge unrest within the playing ranks with Raheem Sterling and Phillipe Coutinho are both unhappy with Rodgers offloading the Dane back to his former club in the summer transfer window.

Daniel Agger was a popular figure at Anfield, joining the club in 2006 from Brondby as a 19 year old, regarded a the next Franz Beckenbauer, formed a very solid Centre-Back partnership with club legend Jamie Carragher in 2007-2008 season and in 2012-2013. Agger was well liked among his team mates and was a very strong leader with the younger players coming into the club to help them settle in but injuries kept hampering his Anfield career.

And there's Mamadou Sakho, ₤18million French defender bought from Paris Saint Germain last season to get game time stormed out of Anfield before the Merseyside derby after learning he wasn't selected for the clash, Sakho later apologised for his outburst but has not yet been featured ever since.

The source then went on to say these players are unhappy with the way how Rodgers has handled the squad after the sale of Luis Suarez and Daniel Agger and are looking to leave the club in January.

The results haven't been great for Liverpool as of late, missing their striker Daniel Sturridge, Balotelli has been playing as a lone striker and has been off target since his ₤16million arrival from AC Milan and Liverpool's defensive woes continues after conceding 3 first half goals against current champions Real Madrid at Anfield.

Raheem Sterling has been heavily linked to Man Utd, Sakho is likely to head back to France in January and Phillipe Coutinho is very unlikely to sign a new deal with Liverpool as he considers a move to Athletico Madrid either in January or in the summer.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who are these "sources" ? Man utd fans?

I agree though that Agger should not have been sold, but he asked to be released after Rodgers couldn't guarantee him a regular starting spot. Lovren , Sakho and Skrtel are not better than him, this I agree.
Coutinho has been at the club a couple years, he still has a couple years left on his contract. He will extend as will Sterling.both are happy at Liverpool.
The problem we have is Rodgers has spent all of Suarez money and didn't being in any players that have improved the squad with the exception of Lalana. Poor transfer policy if you ask me.
Sakho is not worth 500,000. Why the hell they spent that much on that dud is beyond me.
Our defending which was our Achilles heel last season continues to be a big issue for us.
The good thing is we are still a big chance to get 2nd spot in the CL

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Ozil keeps quoting articles from the dailymail & thesun...these papers are notoriously known for being gossip mags...never believe anything unless its on skysports

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
*cough* *BUMP*

*** THIS PAGE IS CLOSED UNTIL I'M SATISFIED THIS POST HAS BEEN READ ***

I've been a user here for close to 6 years.
I've been a mod off-and-on for close to 4 years.
This thread pre-dates my arrival.

THIS one thread, is the single biggest cause of ongoing work in the entire forum.
It generates reports 10x greater than any other.

Every time a mod gets a report, it is 'required' to be read. Action may or may not be taken afterwards, but listen to me when I say this ... EVERY report gets read and once you make one, it's available to ALL mods. Before making any determination, we take multiple factors into account. Context of post, previous behaviour history, the likelyhood of creating a flame-war if it's allowed to continue ... etc, etc, etc.

Over the course of the last 2 years, we've noted an escalation in reports from this ONE thread, largely due to the actions of ONE user.

I don not speak for all mods when I say this, but personally I'm so f*cking fed-up with seeing reported posts, if I had my way I'd close the thread forever.

But ... clearly, that's not an outcome the majority of sane users want, and you could make the argument it'll create more work in the long run.

So let's look at our options ...

(a) Ban/infract/punish the user : A quick look at the users last 100 posts dating back one month shows only 5% related to this thread. One one hand, there are warnings that can be issued for content within, but given the lax nature of policing swear-filters, infractions seem an overkill. On the other hand, this idea that the user in question is a constant troll is not accurate. The reality is, they just seem to be when it comes to this ONE thread.

(b) Close the thread : This is a last-choice option. We have other similar threads for other teams. It we close this, it stands to reason it'll just get re-opened later on by someone "new", and we can't argue that closing ALL football teams super-threads is justifiable given issues only seem to occur in one out of many similar threads. A grossly unfair option we're not willing to take. (For the record, I support Nottingham Forest, so now allegiances exist here protecting any one club's thread)

Which leaves just one final option ...

(c) ONGOING MONITORING : Given the user in questions recent history and their 'change of spots', so to speak ...

- The user in question will be instructed NEVER to visit the thread again. Given their recent decisions and the nature of ongoing reports, "zero tolerance" now applies and they are simply not welcome in it.

- The user in question will also be instructed that any breach of this rule will result in an immediate one-week ban, over and beyond the normal infractions process. Politeness is no excuse. Intentions are irrelevant. The equation has been reduced to it's simplest elements ... STAY THE F*CK OUT ... FOREVER ! .... We can view who is in which thread at any given time. If this users name appears in the visitors list, "BAM !", insta-ban on the grounds they are an ignorant douche who can't listen to simply instructions.

- A requirement will be placed on all active fans in this thread to take ownership of it moving forward ... DO NOT mention the user in questions name, or post anything that will potentially result in them making a response. If you never mention them again, and pretend they vanished, they can't come running in here to defend themselves from any perceived attack, because it simply wont exist. If you see the user in question in here again, REPORT "IT" and nothing else !

In summary .... IT ENDS TODAY, GENTLEMEN !!!

If we chose to, we could wipe out 75% of mods ongoing workload with a few quick clicks of a mouse. Time spent on issues like this means less time enjoying LOL's, talking about the Bulldogs and interacting with the dozens of funny bastards that frequent here. It erodes your ability to 'enjoy' the forum, and why ? ... Because a couple of idiots can't control their impulses.

At the end of the day, we don't care about your thread, and we could certainly do without the ongoing work.

But contrary to popular belief, we ARE more-than-reasonable people. It stands to reason if other football teams fans get to have a super-thread, so should this team, and the actions of a few unhinged loose cannons shouldn't result in the wholesale closure of it.

PS : Thumb this post (any colour, I don't care), and when the count gets to 12, I'll re-open this thread.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
*cough* *BUMP*
OK well, I posted an article thats relevant to the team and thread, whats wrong with that?

Who are these "sources" ? Man utd fans?

I agree though that Agger should not have been sold, but he asked to be released after Rodgers couldn't guarantee him a regular starting spot. Lovren , Sakho and Skrtel are not better than him, this I agree.
Coutinho has been at the club a couple years, he still has a couple years left on his contract. He will extend as will Sterling.both are happy at Liverpool.
The problem we have is Rodgers has spent all of Suarez money and didn't being in any players that have improved the squad with the exception of Lalana. Poor transfer policy if you ask me.
Sakho is not worth 500,000. Why the hell they spent that much on that dud is beyond me.
Our defending which was our Achilles heel last season continues to be a big issue for us.
The good thing is we are still a big chance to get 2nd spot in the CL
I am not sure who the source is but you know English media, once they find someone who claims to be the source will talk shit and the journos are more than happy write it up to satisfy them.

But in regards to your team, with the sale of Suarez at 65mil+, everybody was asking how will Rodgers spend his money and who will he replace Suarez with. To be fair there are 2 players who probably come close to Suarez and thats Diego Costa and Falcao.

Rodgers however spent money dross players like Lallana at 25m and for the same price Rodgers could have got Marcos Reus, 20m Dejan Lovren and again for the same price or maybe a little bit more, could have signed Hummels, 20m for markovic, an extra 5-10m, could have signed Sami Khedeira. Why spend 16m on Balotelli when you could have signed Torres back or even sign Remy for half that price.

That transfer window was a make or break for Rodgers and so far his signings have been really disappointing.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
OK well, I posted an article thats relevant to the team and thread, whats wrong with that?

I am not sure who the source is but you know English media, once they find someone who claims to be the source will talk shit and the journos are more than happy write it up to satisfy them.

But in regards to your team, with the sale of Suarez at 65mil+, everybody was asking how will Rodgers spend his money and who will he replace Suarez with. To be fair there are 2 players who probably come close to Suarez and thats Diego Costa and Falcao.

Rodgers however spent money dross players like Lallana at 25m and for the same price Rodgers could have got Marcos Reus, 20m Dejan Lovren and again for the same price or maybe a little bit more, could have signed Hummels, 20m for markovic, an extra 5-10m, could have signed Sami Khedeira. Why spend 16m on Balotelli when you could have signed Torres back or even sign Remy for half that price.

That transfer window was a make or break for Rodgers and so far his signings have been really disappointing.
I don't think any Liverpool fans ( and former ones such as yourself) are happy with the signings. I actually rate Lallana who will come good , his injury set him back. I've been writing since the pre season the concerns I had with the defence and unfortunately nothing has changed.
Having said that at the moment Bayern, Barca and Real Madrid are in a different stratosphere to the other teams.
Man Utd fans should be the last gloating considering the state their team is at the moment and the hidings they have copped from nobodies.
No premier league team can challenge Bayern, Barca and Real at the moment.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dog shit of a club.You sell your best player u have had in 25 years and buy Lallana lambert bollatelli?Short stint in the champions league bud.Back to the Stone Age next year lmao.1 and a half bad years compared to 25 years is a hell of a difference mate oh and don't say No EPL team can match it with Madrid,bayern or barca just because liverpoo got pumped by Madrid.Dont forget u lost to Basel and u conceded a goal at home to a nobody.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
25 years of so called hell yet Liverpool are still the premier English club in Europe. One can only imagine how long your teams hell must have lasted for Liverpool to attain such a record.
Dog shit clubs these days are the ones that lose 4-0 to MK ConDoms or whatever their name is and 3-5 at home to Leicester.
And for the record our best player wanted to leave for 2 years ago, you can't keep anybody that doesn't want to stay. .
And no, no English team can challenge the 3 teams I mentioned above.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bud premier English club in Europe u say hey?What bubble u been living in?Oh yeah that's right,You attract world class players and massive sponsorship right?Umm I think Ur thinking of the wrong red jersey mate.Tell me how u come up with that theory considering u have only won the champions league once in recent memory I think.In the last 25 years ur telling me that liverpoo have been more successful than United?