Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
'Once I had found out I was the number one target from the important people at Liverpool it was quite an easy decision,' - Rodgers. It was all speculation and their was no announcement and I doubt many people read your random copy and paste articles
Oh well they're both **** managers and will probably take them to relegation at season's end

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
LUIS SUAREZ has given the thumbs up to new Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers by admitting he is a huge fan of his style of play but hasn't assured he wil stay at Anfield after this summer.

Brendan Rodgers has said early this week that he will not sell Suarez for any price despite the interests from PSG, Inter Milan and Juventus.

Reports in Uruguay have claimed that the Liverpool's winger is on his way out after the Red's have accepted a £12 million bid from the Italian champions Juventus.

Suarez told local Uruguayan radio that he praised Rodger's style of football with Swansea.

“I have to say Swansea were a pleasant surprise in the Premier League."

“They always tried to play football with short-pass combinations and didn’t care what zone of the field they were at.”

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Here is the 2012/2013 fixture for your **** team you sons of whores

AUGUST

18 West Brom (A)
25 Manchester City (H)

SEPTEMBER

1 Arsenal (H)
15 Sunderland (A)
22 Manchester United (H)
29 Norwich City (A)

OCTOBER

6 Stoke City (H)
20 Reading (H)
27 Everton (A)

NOVEMBER

3 Newcastle United (H)
10 Chelsea (A)
17 Wigan Athletic (H)
24 Swansea City (A)
27 Tottenham (A)

DECEMBER

1 Southampton (H)
8 West Ham (A)
15 Aston Villa (H)
22 Fulham (H)
26 Stoke City (A)
29 QPR (A)

JANUARY 2013

1 Sunderland (H)
12 Manchester United (A)
19 Norwich City (H)
29 Arsenal (A)

FEBRUARY

2 Manchester City (A)
9 West Brom (H)
23 Swansea City (H)

MARCH

2 Wigan Athletic (A)
9 Tottenham (H)
16 Southampton (A)
30 Aston Villa (A)

APRIL

6 West Ham (H)
13 Reading (A)
20 Chelsea (H)
27 Newcastle United (A)

MAY

4 Everton (H)
12 Fulham (A)
19 QPR (H)

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
City, Arsenal and United all at home in the first 5 rounds... wow

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Get Pepe! Italian giants AC Milan weigh up move for Liverpool star Reina

AC Milan are considering a move for Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina.

The Italian giants are looking to rebuild their squad after losing their Serie A title to Juventus last month.

Having rejected a £37million bid from Paris Saint-Germain for Thiago Silva they want to strengthen their defence further and 29-year-old Reina is regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

Incumbent Milan No 1 Christian Abbiati turns 35 this summer and although he enjoys cult status at the club, Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri was not convinced by his performances last season.

Reina is settled on Merseyside but a club of Milan's stature may prove persuasive with Liverpool in another stage of transition.

The former Barcelona and Villarreal goalkeeper is currently away at Euro 2012 with Spain and has not yet met new Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
BRENDAN RODGERS is chasing Italian hitman Fabio Borini.

The new Liverpool boss wants the 21-year-old Parma striker to join his Anfield revolution — but it will cost around £10million.

Rodgers knows all about Borini, having coached him as a youngster during his days as Chelsea’s youth chief.

And the Italian also had a loan spell at Swansea when Rodgers was in charge.

But the Kop manager plans to make former Swans midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson his first signing from Hoffenheim.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
SPAIN’S Euro 2012 stars are in shock after the death of former Liverpool defender Miki Roque aged 23.

The centre-back was diagnosed with pelvic cancer after a routine check-up on a back problem in March last year.

He had trained with Barcelona’s B team last season as he began his recovery but passed away yesterday.

Barca star Andres Iniesta wrote on Twitter: “Very sad news. I want to send a big hug and lots of support for the family of Miki Roque. We’ll miss you.”

Former Manchester United defender Gerard Pique added: “I met him when he played for Liverpool and I was at United. Rest in peace friend.”

Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos tweeted: “I just learned of the death of Miki Roque. I’m lost for words.”

Roque joined Liverpool in 2005 from Lleida and made just one appearance — as a late sub in the Champions League clash with Galatasaray in 2006.

He also spent time on loan at Oldham but was released in 2009 to join Real Betis’ B team before being promoted to Betis’ first team two years ago.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
The mass Anfield exodus

Luis Suarez > Juventus

Dirk Kuyt > Feherbahce

Alberto Aquilani > Fiorentina

Maxi Rodriguez > Newell's Old Boys

Raheem Sterling > Tottenham

Possible/very likely departures

Andy Carroll - Perhaps to Newcastle/WHU

Danijel Agger - Will move to either Man City/Barcelona

Martin Skrtel - Will move to Germany/Russia/France

Pepe Reina - Malaga deal fell through but most likely to be sold off

Charlie Adams - fat **** shouldn't even be a footballer but West Ham interested in him.

Only arrival to the club is Fabio Borini.

One other possible arrival is Joe Allen.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skrtel about to sign a new deal, Agger says he'd rather stay than go to Man City Liverpool turn down 20mil pound bid for him, if we can exchange Dempsey for someone like Adam then our line up on paper looks good.
Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
Allen Lucas
Dempsey Gerrard Borini
Suarez

Reserves:
Doni, Kelly, Carragher, Downing, Henderson, Spearing, Carroll, Sterling, Coates, Cole, Shelvey, Wilson, Flanagan, Robinson.