Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
You're post before last about Aquilani was sourced from them...i ofrgive you, but please dont do it again...

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Liverpool make an emotional return to Istanbul tonight when they take on Galatasaray - and you can watch the whole match live on LFC TV and LFC TV Online from 7pm BST.
I'm guessing you have to have a subscription...

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Kenny Dalglish acknowledged his disappointment at seeing Liverpool go down to a 3-0 friendly defeat to Galatasaray on Thursday, but believes the game can stand his squad in good stead for the season ahead.

Two first-half goals from former Anfield forward Milan Baros and a stunning volley from Johan Elmander condemned the Reds to defeat in Istanbul.

But while unhappy with the result, Dalglish feels the workout his players were given at the Turk Telekom Arena will assist in ensuring their primed for the start of the Barclays Premier League season next month.

He told a post-match press conference: "I think they looked a bit sharper than us at the start of the game. It was the same as at the weekend in that we played a lot better in the second half than we did in the first half.

"But the players worked hard and they'll benefit from the effort they put in. It won't do us any harm for the season ahead, but we've got to get ourselves a bit sharper, a bit more clued up and lively when we're not in possession of the ball."

He added: "I think the benefit is it's another game. They looked a bit sharper than us and are maybe a wee bit ahead of us. Their season was due to start but I think it's been put back for a number of days."

"We've just got to get ourselves street-wise on the pitch and get up to speed with our thoughts when we're not in possession of the ball. August 13 is a big day for us when the season starts, and we'd like to think this will stand us in good stead getting towards that date."

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Fresh reports linking Liverpool with a move for Scott Dann have emerged this morning.
Most Recent Gossip

Kenny Dalglish could steal the Birmingham City defender away because of the Blues financial situation.

Due to the legal trouble that Carson Yeung, the owner of the Midlands club, now finds himself in, it seems as if the Blues could struggle to make any headway in the transfer market prior to their season in the Championship.

24 year-old Dann has been an alleged target for Liverpool and Arsenal throughout this summer, though Arsenal are thought to be far more interested in the potential acquisition of Phil Jagielka.

Indeed, just today Arsene Wenger has made a £15 million bid for the Everton centre-back.

Dann is a lifelong Liverpool fan and would understandably jump at the chance of a move to Anfield to work under Kop legend Dalglish, who is a known admirer of him.

The Liverpool boss is looking to bolster his defence after injuries last season saw his back-line stretched for large parts of the year.

Although the academy players who stepped in - namely Martin Kelly, Jack Robinson and John Flanagan - themselves well, Dalglish is keen to add more experienced defenders.

Liverpool's transfer policy of recruiting young British players - highlighted by the £35m purchase of Andy Carroll and the recent buys of Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing - means Dann certainly fits the profile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He would be a decent depth signing

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kenny Dalglish acknowledged his disappointment at seeing Liverpool go down to a 3-0 friendly defeat to Galatasaray on Thursday, but believes the game can stand his squad in good stead for the season ahead.

Two first-half goals from former Anfield forward Milan Baros and a stunning volley from Johan Elmander condemned the Reds to defeat in Istanbul.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeKmiaakzRk - To see the volley goal from Elmander. It was pretty amazing. But it was a 2nd string side Liverpool against a full-strength Galatasaray side with a bunch of new expensive players. No big deal.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Gerrard is out til mid-september as he is still recovering from his groin injury

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paying the price for being rushed back from injury time and time again.

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
He has a post-op infection..but his groins will be well recovered and back to full strength/fitness

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liverpool starlet Daniel Pacheco has said that he wants to leave the club, with Norwich a possible destination for the former loanee.

Pacheco, 20, scored two goals in six appearances having joined Norwich on an emergency loan in March, and is now looking for a new club.

"I hoped for a lot more [at Liverpool]," Pacheco said. "Why should I deny it? I was told I was going to have opportunities. Quite simply, if they don't give me more opportunities, I am very clear I want to leave. Above all, I want to play and if I have to leave to do that then there will be no problem.

"Logically it's a disappointment to see that you don't have any playing time, but in such a situation all you can do is work and I hope to have minutes in the Under-20 World Cup to demonstrate what I am worth."

Canaries boss Paul Lambert is believed to be a big fan of the Spain Under-20 international and could fund a move for the player ahead of the new Premier League season.

However, they could face competition from La Liga side Malaga, with Pacheco open to a return to Spain. "Malaga got in contact with Liverpool to inform them they wanted to buy me, but Liverpool didn't contemplate a transfer, only a loan," Pacheco said. "Nothing more. Some day I would like to return home."
------------------

poor guy..

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
ENRIQUE ON THE VERGE OF LIVERPOOL MOVE
Liverpool will sign Jose Enrique from crisis club Newcastle later this week, according to a host of reports on the back pages this shiny morning.

There's no unanimity - far from it, in fact - on the exact when and how much, but the gist of The Daily Mail, Sun and Mirror's reports all add up to the same thing: Enrique is leaving St James' for Anfield.

'Enrique will follow Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan out of Newcastle after Liverpool agreed a £10million deal for the Spanish defender,' says the Mail.

'Jose Enrique is on the brink of becoming the second Toon twit to quit Newcastle by signing for Liverpool. The Kop are close to agreeing an £8million deal with the Geordies - and hope to seal the switch in the next 48 hours,' almost concurs The Sun.

'Newcastle have conceded defeat in their attempts to keep Jose Enrique. And that will pave the way for a £5million move to Liverpool to be completed this week,' adds The Mirror.

Not a bad signing I guess

Fanoftheyears

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rumours are that Dalglish is targeting Joey Barton. I know sounds bull**** but would you welcome him if this was true?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Torres continues to slag us off saying chel**** is a bigger club with more potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YflS479W9SM :D
who gives a **** what that *** has to say... hes nothing more then an oxygen thief.

and no we do not need more CMs... we have enough ffs and even if we do need more CMs I still wouldnt welcome him to the club depsite him being a local boy

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Kenny Dalglish has dropped a heavy hint that Liverpool's summer spending spree is not over amid fresh speculation that the Pool boss wants to sign Gary Cahill from Bolton.

Dalglish has spent approximately £100m since his January appointment, with the £60m winter outlay on Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez followed by the £40m arrival this summer of Jordan Henderson, Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam and Doni. However, his description of the spree as a 'necessary' act has prompted fresh reports that Liverpool may enter re-enter the market to sign a central defender in addition to a left back, with Jose Enrique widely expected to join the club before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

"Everyone hopes all their signings will come in and make a huge impact, but we believe we have improved and enhanced the talent we already had here," said Dalglish.

"Spending money does not guarantee you success. (But) I don't know of any football club that has ever had success that has not spent money. So it is necessary.

"But it's even more important to spend it wisely. We've acted responsibly in the transfer market and we've also acted responsibly and respectfully with the owners, who have been fantastically supportive during the window.

"If there is a better owner that is as supportive as John W Henry, then they have done very well for themselves because he's fantastically supportive, a genuinely good fella."

Yet it remains to be seen whether Henry will sanction the recruitment of the £17m-rated Cahill, at least not before some significant pruning of Liverpool's bloated squad occurs. According to The Times, one substantial saving could be secured in the coming days with Joe Cole's 'house up for sale and Queens Park Rangers hovering'.

'FSG will continue to back Dalglish's judgment in the transfer market if he identifies potential reinforcements to bolster a porous back line, but first it would prefer that the club's books were balanced, at least to an extent, through the departure of several highly paid fringe members of the Liverpool squad, Cole being an obvious example,' adds the newspaper.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
LIVERPOOL face being without Luis Suarez for next week's big kick-off.

The striker will have been back in training for only five days, so the season opener against Sunderland comes too soon.

Suarez - an instant hit after his January arrival from Ajax - spent the summer helping Uruguay to Copa America glory where he was named player of the tournament.

And Kenny Dalglish will not pitch the 24-year-old straight back into action if he feels there is any risk.

The Kop boss admitted: "Luis will be back next week and we will start thinking about him then.

"He's had a fantastic summer as an individual and as a team player.

"We'll see how he is when he comes in. We can't predict how he is going to be like.

"But he should be pretty happy with himself and pretty confident looking forward to the start of the season."

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
he will play lol, most likely from the bench though

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
We beat valencia 2-0 with Carroll and Soto scoring the 2 goals