Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Hearing Benetiz wants to play Ronaldo upfront which could possibly mean he would be a surplus to requirements but I think thats just wishful thinking ... I think we are the last club they will sell him too
specially the fat spanish waiter...he wouldnt sell to us...plus even if they did play Ronaldo upfront..they still need another world class striker...which is what we need too...no idea what will happen...have been really suprised over the weekend with the signings...so im sure we have some options in the departments that need strengthening

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Casillas would never accept being a reserve and he is not good enough to start anymore. No option but to sell him.
You more or less also described Gerrard, guessing you weren't too upset seeing him depart since he won't fulfill either roles you just mentioned?

Doesn't matter whether or not if Casillas is still good enough to start week in and week out or whether he would've accepted a squad role, he should have at least been given some respect by the club he served for 25 years

We're not talking about a player leaving after 5 or 10 years, he dedicated 25 years of his life to the club and they could have at least dealt with the whole situation better

Look at Schweinsteiger and Bayern Munich, they've parted ways after 17 years but left on great terms

And it's not like we're talking about a one off incident, same thing happened for Raul who dedicated 18 years of his life from the youth setup to the first team.. ever since Perez took control of Real Madrid, they've become a classless club in my eyes

But I understand the point you're making, at the end of the day, my argument stands that Real Madrid could have and should have handled the situation a lot better with respect to a guy that lives and breaths Real Madrid and a lot of other football fans share my point of view

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Woodward wrapped up 3 signings in the space of 24 hours.. the man deserves to be knighted for his services to Manchester United Football Club

Two seasons ago, our midfield was Cleverley, Anderson and Fletcher suddenly it's now Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin and Herrera.. what a time to be alive, from a midfield crying out for reinforcements to a midfield that's now easily sorted for the next 5 years - I am ecstatic!

We're still working on Otamendi and Ramos, haven't heard anything on a striker but definitely wouldn't want Kane, Cavani or Higuain and also, we don't need to look for a top quality striker because we've still got Rooney who's captain and that means he's first name on the team sheet, we should be looking at a backup option to Rooney, somebody who's happy to be on the bench and perhaps start the odd game or two

Our stance on De Gea hasn't changed, Woodward wants Real Madrid to pay the full asking price for De Gea and if they believe it's too expensive for a player with a year left to run on his contract then he wants Real Madrid to give us Ramos in exchange for De Gea

Woodward is dragging his balls across the head of Perez, what a f*cking legend

#HalaWoodward

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Woodward wrapped up 3 signings in the space of 24 hours.. the man deserves to be knighted for his services to Manchester United Football Club

Two seasons ago, our midfield was Cleverley, Anderson and Fletcher suddenly it's now Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin and Herrera.. what a time to be alive, from a midfield crying out for reinforcements to a midfield that's now easily sorted for the next 5 years - I am ecstatic!

We're still working on Otamendi and Ramos, haven't heard anything on a striker but definitely wouldn't want Kane, Cavani or Higuain and also, we don't need to look for a top quality striker because we've still got Rooney who's captain and that means he's first name on the team sheet, we should be looking at a backup option to Rooney, somebody who's happy to be on the bench and perhaps start the odd game or two

Our stance on De Gea hasn't changed, Woodward wants Real Madrid to pay the full asking price for De Gea and if they believe it's too expensive for a player with a year left to run on his contract then he wants Real Madrid to give us Ramos in exchange for De Gea

#HalaWoodward
James Wilson back up striker

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
James Wilson back up striker
Only concern is if Rooney gets injured, we'll have an inexperienced 19 year old striker leading the attack since the club is still looking to offload Hernandez plus he (Hernandez) no longer wants to be just a bench warmer

Imagine playing in Europe with an young inexperienced striker leading the attack, it'd be a crap situation to be in

Need somebody a bit better than Wilson currently is to be the backup striker, if Rooney isn't working in a match then the sub has to be a game changer

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

#HalaWoodward
Those classless bastards have already unfollowed him on Twitter... What a club

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Those classless bastards have already unfollowed him on Twitter... What a club
'Actions speak louder than words' - applies to what they did

Pretty certain that Casillas rejected the opportunity to have an open day stadium farewell because he was worried that he would've been booed or the fans to begin chanting 'De Gea' around the stadium like they did when Real Madrid unveiled Danilo a couple of days ago

The state of that club..

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Cavani's name has just gained traction as no 1 striker option. Can u confirm

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Cavani's name has just gained traction as no 1 striker option. Can u confirm
Personally don't want Cavani anywhere near the club

Why would he go from being no 2 at PSG to being no 2 at Manchester United?

Cavani wants to start regularly and that certainly won't be happening here at Manchester United, the whole reason why RvP left for Fenerbache

With the signings of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin, it means Rooney no longer has to fill in the midfield so that leaves him up top as our main striker week in and week out

Cavani is 28 and Rooney is 29, would rather the club sign somebody a bit younger to have them eventually take over from Rooney as he enters his 30s

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Just had a look around to see where this rumour popped up from, it's from the papers in France.. with The Guardian picking up on it (basically, The Guardian using the French papers as their source, so reliable..)

The French papers keep linking Di Maria to PSG, even though we have no interest whatsoever of selling Di Maria this season and Di Maria has already come out twice to dismiss the rumours

So what's the next best thing? Put a spin on the Di Maria to PSG rumour by saying there's interest from Manchester United to sign Cavani meaning there's a possibility of a straight swap

Am I interested in signing Cavani? No.

Would I be interested in swapping Di Maria for Cavani? Get f*cked.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
While we're chatting about strikers

Recently there has been chatter about Christian Benteke, any real interest?

Not sure, could just be paper talk but he'd be somebody I'd consider as a backup striker

He's 24, has Premier League experience, good strength to hold up the ball and bring others into play plus he wouldn't cost us anything near £50m which more than likely will be demanded for Kane or Cavani

However, I'm unsure if Benteke would be happy with just being a squad player

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Just had a look around to see where this rumour popped up from, it's from the papers in France.. with The Guardian picking up on it (basically, The Guardian using the French papers as their source, so reliable..)

The French papers keep linking Di Maria to PSG, even though we have no interest whatsoever of selling Di Maria this season and Di Maria has already come out twice to dismiss the rumours

So what's the next best thing? Put a spin on the Di Maria to PSG rumour by saying there's interest from Manchester United to sign Cavani meaning there's a possibility of a straight swap

Am I interested in signing Cavani? No.

Would I be interested in swapping Di Maria for Cavani? Get f*cked.
Lacazette was a name thrown around at some point. Muppetry?

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Lacazette was a name thrown around at some point. Muppetry?
Lacazette has been linked with every European team after his breakthrough season with Lyon

Certainly looks promising but then again, he only has 1 good season to date and that's in Ligue 1

Lyon would know Lacazette is worth a bit of money, would we be willing to pay big to bring an untested player to the Premier League?

What Lacazette has in his favour is that he's 24, would be a great pickup if he's happy to be a squad player (for now) in the side and continues to develop where one day he takes over from Rooney

I certainly wouldn't complain if we signed Lacazette, only Benteke slightly edges ahead of him for me purely down to Premier League experience

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
We need a back up for Rooney
EPL, FA CUP, LEAGUE CUP, champions league

To many games for one striker

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Bring Cantona out of retirement

Imagine the ego oozing out of Old Trafford with LvG and Cantona, what a sight that would be

We'd win the game before the ball is even kicked, it'd all be in the mind games pre-match in the tunnel seeing LvG and Cantona shoulder to shoulder.. who wouldn't be scared?

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Highly recommend you guys take two minutes of your time to watch an ad created by Beats following the announcement of Schweinsteiger's transfer

[video=youtube;Em4wgKlZl40]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em4wgKlZl40[/video]

It's a really well created ad, gave me goosebumps and really got me hyped

(There should be automatic English subtitles, if not, turn them on and enjoy)

#HalaWoodward

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
SuperDeporte, Valencia's newspaper, are saying Manchester United have asked Jorge Mendes to secure the services of Otamendi - just relaying what's been printed in the papers, can't comment any further than that

Though, Otamendi's probably praying he's next to be signed by Woodward

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So where does Fellaini fit into the team?

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
The answer is pretty obvious, Fellaini will become a squad player and be our Plan B whenever things aren't working in a game

Start the odd game here and there and throw him on late in a game to nullify teams bombing the ball into the box searching for a goal

Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin can provide his physical presence in midfield and both are technically better than Fellaini in terms of ball distribution etc

Fellaini has shown he can do whatever job he is asked to do by LvG, still expect him to be used throughout next season and hopefully he continues his good form

FYI, Fellaini is banned from our first 3 matches after his straight red card against Hull City so that in itself answers your question for now