Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any truth to the schweinsteiger rumors?

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Any truth to the schweinsteiger rumors?
There's actually some credibility to the rumour

Negotiations between Bayern Munich and Schweinsteiger haven't progressed much in recent times and with his contract due to expire next summer he could leave a free agent unless they get him to sign a new deal or sell him this summer for some cash

Pep Guardiola has said Schweinsteiger has the final say on his future, Pep has Schweinsteiger in his future plans if he wishes to remain at the club but ultimately the club won't stand in his way if he wants to leave

It's an interesting scenario, would happily take Schweinsteiger in our midfield and his experience in Europe would no doubt help us next season and another big plus is that he previous worked under LvG so he would know the philosophy inside out and would hit the ground running

Here's what Schweinsteiger had to say yesterday

Schweinsteiger on TV: "I have a contract until 2016."

Interviewer: "But what about Manchester?"

Schweinsteiger: "Glad that you asked! I won't comment."​

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
On other transfer rumours

Seems the Hummels deal could be off, Borussia Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc says that Hummels will not leave this summer and shall remain with Dortmund for the upcoming season

Reports from Argentina say that we're back in for Nicolás Otamendi, we had a bid rejected for the player in January

According to the rumours, Otamendi will be set to earn a 150% pay rise which would get him €5m (after tax) per season at Manchester United

Valencia want Manchester United to meet Otamendi's buyout clause which is €50m so roughly £35m

If a deal is struck between Valencia and Manchester United, it will be announced after the Copa América tournament which takes place during the off season

To be honest, I would be extremely happy at signing Otamendi over Hummels, especially based on this season, Otamendi has been a beast in defense for Valencia while Hummels has been all over the place.. plus, I believe Hummels is greatly overrated, he's a good defender but not as great as many make him out to be

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
As much as I love seeing Man United win and it'd be great to end the season on a high

I wouldn't be too upset if we lost to give Steve Bruce's Hull City a chance at staying in the Premier League

Would be an ideal time to promote some youth team players or give fringe players some much needed game time to impress LvG

Keep Steve Bruce in the Premier League and relegate Newcastle United, wouldn't mind seeing that to be honest!

#KeepBrucieUp

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny, hearing Falcao has been told to find another club. Have we got a striker on our shopping list?

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind keeping falcao but maybe on loan again. I think having a full off season under his belt and being more comfortable with the coach, players around him and environment could do him wonders. Might see him get back to his best in a second season with us

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Manchester United starting XI
Valdes, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, Mata, Young, Rooney

Substitutes
Lindegaard, McNair, Blackett, Fellaini, Januzaj, van Persie, Wilson

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Sonny, hearing Falcao has been told to find another club. Have we got a striker on our shopping list?
Also hearing the same, it's unfortunate for Falcao that the move hasn't worked out but at least we got to witness Falcao in a United shirt

He was one of the worlds best strikers before his (second) ACL injury, I personally always wanted to see Falcao in a United shirt since his days at Atletico and when I heard we were signing him on loan, I was f*cking over the moon!

Off the top of my head, the only striker we're really linked to is Alexandre Lacazette who has been on fire in Ligue 1.. every top European club is monitoring him no doubt, would love him at the club because he has explosive speed (something we need) and can finish

Other then that, it's pretty quiet in regards to signing strikers.. also, RvP could potentially be leaving and IF this happens then it certainly would mean we'll be signing another striker

I wouldn't mind keeping falcao but maybe on loan again. I think having a full off season under his belt and being more comfortable with the coach, players around him and environment could do him wonders. Might see him get back to his best in a second season with us
Would love to keep Falcao on loan for another season but I just don't think the move has worked for him, especially the way LvG likes to play, it doesn't suit Falcao's game

Also, Falcao wouldn't have a full pre-season with the squad, even if he did stay, because he's off to compete in the Copa América with Colombia.. so yeah, it probably just isn't meant to be sadly :ohwell:

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Kickoff at the KC Stadium

C'mon United... maybe try and help keep Steve Bruce in the Premier League ;)

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Rooney coming very close to opening the scoring, hits the crossbar!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Di Maria getting his first start in a couple of months annnnnd he's down injured... copped a boot to the stomach, should be okay to continue

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Um.. so Hull scored but it's ruled offside

F*ck it, give them the goal!

#KeepBrucieUp

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Wow, what a solid save from Valdes to deny Hull from scoring

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
LOL, Hull scored again but it's also offside!

ffs relegate Newcastle and keep Hull up

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Di Maria OFF
Januzaj ON

Di Maria down again, looks like it's that injury he copped from earlier on in the match that's affecting him

Such a shame for Di Maria, this pretty much sums up his first season at the club

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
We look so f*cking off the pace..

Would have been better if we fielded a team with youth team players and fringe players to get them some game time to impress LvG - they would have more desire and hunger that's for sure

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Just checked the scores from other matches, Liverpool are losing 3 nil to Stoke City

Haha, Brendan Rodgers Football Genius

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Just checked the scores again, Liverpool are losing 5 nil against Stoke.. and it's also Gerrard's final match for them

LOL, what a send off

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
HT: Hull City 0 - Manchester United 0

We have nothing to play for, Hull have everything to play for..

We've looked off the pace, a few chances here and there but nothing solid