Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Januzaj wasn't that bad he lost possession a few times but he did create chances. I love januzaj don't talk shietttt about my man lol
Beg to differ, Januzaj was dreadful but he has talent and is still only 19 so these sort of performances are expected to happen from time to time

The Januzaj hype shouldn't mean he is immune from criticism, he'll learn and get better but he hasn't done enough to nail down a starting spot with the performance against West Brom

More worryingly van Persie was a passenger in how we played, the game plan isolated him and he probably should make way when Rooney comes back from suspension, Falcao and Rooney up front with Mata just in behind sounds like the way to go

In saying all that; form is temporary, class is permanent and I expect things to turn around for those who underachieved today against West Brom

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beg to differ, Januzaj was dreadful but he has talent and is still only 19 so these sort of performances are expected to happen from time to time

The Januzaj hype shouldn't mean he is immune from criticism, he'll learn and get better but he hasn't done enough to nail down a starting spot with the performance against West Brom

More worryingly van Persie was a passenger in how we played, the game plan isolated him and he probably should make way when Rooney comes back from suspension, Falcao and Rooney up front with Mata just in behind sounds like the way to go

In saying all that; form is temporary, class is permanent and I expect things to turn around for those who underachieved today against West Brom
It actually looked like Januzaj was trying too hard and got his feet muddled up a few times .... Patience is a virtue young one

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
mata was poor and so was rvp...i thought we were quite good otherwise...definately the better team and should have won...
De Gea did nothing the whole game other than pick up ball out of the net twice...other than that wasnt tested...2 lapses in defence cost us...and we should have scored at least 2 more goals....
besides rvp hitting the post ...he was piss poor and didnt look interested...i would like to see him dropped for Rooney and Falcao up top...but im not so sure LVG will drop rvp over Mata...
huge tests the next few weeks, lets hope we can get some positive results starting next weekend

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My team for next week:

----------------------------------- DDG

------------------------ Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw

----------------------------------- Blind
------------------------*Herrera---------Di Maria

----------------------------------- Fellaini

------------------------------RVP-----------Falcao

*It was clear yesterday that Herrera wasn't 100% and if he isn't fully fit for next week then i wouldn't risk he, if he is out and Carrick is fit I'd swap Herrera for Carrick or maybe even Herrera out with Valencia coming in

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
MAN UTD RESPOND TO RAHEEM STERLING LINK
MAN Utd chief Ed Woodward has responded to speculation which claims that the English giants are plotting a January transfer swoop for Raheem Sterling.

The Liverpool winger's agent is currently negotiating a new contract with the Reds so the nonsense supporters are having to endure on the backpages is just part and parcel of those talks while the agent tries to apply leverage to secure better terms for his client.

Woodward says van Gaal is not interested in making a bid for Sterling, although many observers feel that attitude may change if Cristiano Ronaldo commits to Real Madrid.

"Sterling is a player of great quality, certainly one of the best in Europe," Woodward said. "But we already have extraordinary talent here.

"To think of another attacker for the Manchester United attack is really extremely difficult.

"It's clear that Sterling is not in our plans."

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Louis van Gaal has offered former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes an opportunity to complete his rehabilitation from injury by training with the Manchester United squad

So van Gaal is either just helping out a player who he handed a debut to during his time as manager of Barcelona or we're looking at the prospect of signing Valdes as a free agent

Hoping this doesn't affect the contract renewal talks between the club and De Gea, apparently both parties are almost at an agreement over the new deal and I'm hoping it gets wrapped up very soon

Slight possibility Real Madrid may be considering De Gea as a long term replacement for Casillas since he's Spanish and whatnot but De Gea was an Atletico Madrid boy so there's the rivalry which probably plays into our favour

All in all, it's nice to see LvG caring for a former player who he'd known since his coaching days at Barca and to help rehabilitate him after a serious knee injury, class gesture

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
not a bad backup keeper if we decide to offer him something....although De Gea im sure will play every game this season barring any injuries...ps...lindegard is a good keeper too

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
De Gea can certainly take some pointers from Valdes on commanding his box and marshalling the defense because after all, Valdes is a 3 times winning Champions League goalkeeper and when he wasn't making stupid mistakes, he was a commanding figure in the box and pretty good on 1v1 situations

Also makes sense that van Gaal invited Valdes to come and train with the club, Frans Hoek, our goalkeeping coach, is one of van Gaal's most loyal trainers and was also in charge of overseeing Valdes' development when they were at Barcelona so I can see van Gaal's thinking behind this move, have Valdes come in and give our goalkeepers a few pointers to improve them

Apparently we did offer Valdes the opportunity to sign with the club until the end of the season but that has supposedly been rejected, Valdes is looking for regular first team football and was on course to sign with Monaco but his injury meant the deal fell through

Note, Valdes has been strongly linked with Liverpool but the deal supposedly fell through after both parties couldn't come to agreement over wages

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I always thought someone like Lindegaard could play for a club like Southampton, Everton etc, a decent club, I remember a game last season were Lindegaard playd and he was great

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Lindegaard is a good enough goalkeeper to be playing regular first team football elsewhere if he wishes to leave, rumours had it that he was seeking a release from his contract in the previous transfer window and possibly may be leaving in the upcoming January transfer window

We have several goalkeepers in the waiting, our recent signing was 17 year old Vanja Milinkovic who is f*cking already 6ft 7!

We've been blessed with goalkeepers, I honestly believe if De Gea stays long term at Old Trafford, he can definitely surpass both Schmeichel and van der Sar

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
He is no bozza though haha

Have you boys ever met bozza, he is the FUNNYEST guy some of the stories he tells are brilliant

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Manchester United XI vs. Chelsea
De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Fellaini, Januzaj, Di Maria, Mata, van Persie

Substitutions
Lindegaard, Blackett, Fletcher, Carrick, Herrera, A.Pereira, Wilson

Chelsea XI vs. Manchester United
Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Filipe Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Drogba

Substitutions
Cech, Zouma, Ake, Mikel, Baker, Salah, Schurrle

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Would be very happy if we can draw Chelsea, van Persie up front alone makes me worry though since he has been out of touch recently and same can be said for both Januzaj and Mata

First goal will be crucial, if Man United score first then we can put players behind the ball and protect the lead while trying to hit them on the counter but if Chelsea score first then I fear the floodgates will well and truly open

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be very happy if we can draw Chelsea, van Persie up front alone makes me worry though since he has been out of touch recently and same can be said for both Januzaj and Mata

First goal will be crucial, if Man United score first then we can put players behind the ball and protect the lead while trying to hit them on the counter but if Chelsea score first then I fear the floodgates will well and truly open
Smalling is my worry lol. Frikin hate him!! Hopefully he proves me wrong and has the best game of his career :/ YEH right lol