Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's beyond my comprehension how a club like MANU that demands and expect success will cop something like this... this is just utter garbage..

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Fun Fact: Manchester United are the first team to make Demichelis look like Thiago Silva

#GingerGoblinOut

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
reading the Manchester united facebook pages - there are very view people sticking with moyes

also i cant remember a time when the crowd left early like they did tonight

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAVID Beckham and his “Class of ’92” teammates are reportedly fronting a multi-billion takeover bid for Manchester United.

The Sun reported that the Qatari royal family or other Arab billionaires would bankroll the deal with club legends Beckham, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, brothers Gary and Phil Neville and Nicky Butt acting as frontmen.

The Red Devils are currently owned by the Glazer family, who have a 90 per cent stake in United and also own the Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFL team. The other 10 per cent stake of the club was released to the stock market in 2012.

At its current stock price, the team is valued at about $2.8 billion. But United’s fortunes have not fared so well on the field, with a 3-0 loss on Tuesday to Manchester City the latest blow in a disappointing season.

Backers are said to include David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs, Phil Neville, Gary Nev

Backers are said to include David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs, Phil Neville, Gary Neville and Paul Scholes.. Source: AP

The Sun said Beckham’s connections with the Qatari royal family could be integral to the negotiations. The former England captain spent five months at Qatari-owned Paris Saint-Germain before retiring at the end of last season.

Sources in the London finance industry say Middle East bidders have made previous bids for Manchester United.

“The Glazers have lost interest. Everyone knows the club is effectively for sale,” a source told The Sun.

“It’s just a question of getting the right price where they recoup their money and make a bit to save face.”

Finance expert David Bick said: “I don’t believe the Glazers are in it for the long haul — they are in it for the money.

“The business itself is not worth 2 billion pounds, that would be a trophy bid. It would be from someone who wants to own United for prestige, not profit.”

Gary Neville (L) and Welsh midfielder Ryan Giggs celebrate after they helped Manchester U

Gary Neville (L) and Welsh midfielder Ryan Giggs celebrate after they helped Manchester United clinch the EPL title in 2009. Source: AFP

Meanwhile, Scholes, Giggs, Butt and the Neville brothershave sealed their bid to buy non-league club Salford City.

The deal is subject to approval from the English Football Association and Northern Premier League, and is expected to be completed this summer.

The players have strong connections in the area.

Gary Neville said, “I had my first trial for Manchester United in Salford at age 11 and I will never forget how important that was to me. Salford City FC to me represents those early years, the commitment, hunger, enthusiasm, desire and spirit of football.”

Giggs is still playing for United while Phil Neville is on David Moyes’ coaching staff.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
wtf at this article

hahahaha

beckham is running the miami fc team or whatever they are i doubt he would be trying to broke a move for man united as well

also

why would the others be involved with mautd if they just brought salford

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
wtf at this article

hahahaha

beckham is running the miami fc team or whatever they are i doubt he would be trying to broke a move for man united as well

also

why would the others be involved with mautd if they just brought salford
its not saying they would bank roll it...it will be bank rolled by rich Qatari owners...the class of 92 will just be the face of it...
will be very interesting if it ever happened

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
S.O.S to any of the wealthy Arab businessman out there who wants to free some loose change from their wallet..

Seriously though, the Glazers would have to be looking long and hard at Moyes simply because we'll be losing too much cash come the start of next season

We've already lost revenue from not being in the Champions League next season and some our sponsors are casting doubts to whether or not they want to remain on board if we don't turn things around

If the Glazers make the decision to remove Moyes (please f*cking do), then it'll be purely based on the financial sides of things rather than the footballing side of things

In an ideal world, both the Glazers and Moyes are ousted from Old Trafford

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
its gona b a very interesting off season...id say at most...he has until Christmas next yr...if things dnt turn around...hes gone...no point sacking him now until the off season...theres only 7 league games left...and 2 champions league matches (or more hopefully)
the thing is...if we do a Chelsea and win the champions league (very unlikely) what happens to moyes then...is this considered a successful season?

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
There's actually more benefits if we sack him now or during the summer

If we give him until December next season, by then he would have blown £150 mil and the new manager comes in with only the January transfer window to try and turn things around and we've already seen that January is not a period where you can simply buy anybody you want with players cup tied etc and not wanting to relocate mid season

Say we give him until Christmas then we sack him, the new manager comes in with a bunch of players he may have not wanted in the first place and then he needs to purchase other players to rebuild the squad but would the Glazers honestly give the new man another £150 mil to spend?

Also, van Gaal will be available after the World Cup but may become unavailable by Christmas if another club snaps him up quickly so we need to act now if we intend on appointing a new man

Give whoever it may be an entire transfer window plus the funds to turn things around because if we let Moyes stay any longer the rot will continue to spread within the club

Moyes cannot and won't do a Chelsea, he couldn't even beat Fulham at Old Trafford let alone challenge the other European giants.. :sleepy:

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
all valid points...time will tell....
all I know is...It definitely cnt get worse this season or can it

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think they mean he's actually going to buy Manchester united. It's just saying he's using his links with the Qatari royal family to get them to finance the deal while him and the others will run the club?

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
If I could have 30 seconds with the Man United board, I'd prepare a 2 slide presentation and show the difference in mentality

Sir Alex Ferguson: I'm going to knock Liverpool off their f*cking perch. - Took over when United hadn't won a title in 20 years

David Moyes: We aspire to be like Manchester City. - Took over the current Champions of England

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
its not saying they would bank roll it...it will be bank rolled by rich Qatari owners...the class of 92 will just be the face of it...
Wasn't having a go at you mate was more about the article itself

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Wasn't having a go at you mate was more about the article itself

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
The fans have well and truly turned on Moyes

They've raised enough money to organise a plane to fly over Old Trafford when United play Aston Villa carrying a banner behind it reading "Wrong One - Moyes Out" (link here)

Elsewhere, I've got some news regarding the owners reacting to the poor performances, from what I'm understand, the owners are (for some reason) waiting for more to turn on Moyes before possibly making the decision to axe him so they can justify their decision without a backlash - odd, I know but I'm down for whatever it takes to get Moyes out of Old Trafford

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And once moyes leaves he can take fellaini with him after spitting at a player the grub

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Confirmed now that Guus Hiddink will take over the Netherlands manager position from van Gaal after the World Cup

Guess we can cross him off the list of potential candidates, so I guess it narrows it down to van Gaal and if the club is smart they'll act swiftly so he isn't snapped up by any club soon

He has said he'd like to challenge himself in the EPL and rumours circulating that his next destination may possibly be Tottenham but as I've previously stated, our club representatives have already contacted his people so it's now a waiting game... although I would love to see the possibility of Klopp managing United, getting the very best out of Kagawa and not to mention he could bring Reus and Gundogan along with him :becky:

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Not so fantastic news before our match against Aston Villa, according to Ruud Gullit, van Gaal has agreed to manage Tottenham for next season

F*ck sakes, does this really mean we're stuck with Moyes for another season of failure?

I'd seriously want the board to start making calls and see if they can get in contact with Jurgen Klopp - a bit out there, but he has commented previously when asked whether or not he'll leave Dortmund, saying he would like the German national job and would be prepared to leave Dortmund if that opportunity presented itself

If we offered him the Man United job, he'd surely have to think about it.. lets face it, Bayern Munich have literally purchased the Bundesliga titles for years to come, not to mention Klopp has had his best players poached so he'd be pissed and lastly given Dortmund's financial situation he can't do much except keep looking to scout young talent

Honestly, if you gave Klopp the funds United have then he'll do wonders and can guarantee success over a long period of time given he's still only 46