Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Decent win from the boys but I'm hoping moyes doesn't get praise for this victory because he doesn't deserve it
Exactly, Moyes didn't do much besides picking a head scratching starting 11, the class of RVP, Rooney, Welbeck, Giggs and De Gea really played a vital role in this result

We'll get thrashed facing the likes of Real Madrid, Barca, PSG etc

Still very much #MoyesOut

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, Moyes didn't do much besides picking a head scratching starting 11, the class of RVP, Rooney, Welbeck, Giggs and De Gea really played a vital role in this result

We'll get thrashed facing the likes of Real Madrid, Barca, PSG etc

Still very much #MoyesOut
Don't get me wrong he hasn't got the best defensive players ATM but he just does so many things wrong

The real test is now west ham see how we back up after today

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Moyes is a liar as well, he said he'd use Kagawa today but he didn't even get off the bench!

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
I would have started kagawa too, but in saying that I thought welbeck and Valencia were excellent...yes we got lucky a couple of times...THANKS DE GEA...
but we are through...and our season isn't over just yet....at least we got something to look forward too now...because I am over watching our form in the league...anything can happen in cup games!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Moyes was still too negative towards the end of the game, could have costed us the match when the team just sat back and gave Olympiacos too much ball and room to move around

His substitutions were far too negative, he was always looking to defend with the players he bought on such as Young for Valencia, didn't go forward at all just looked to sit back and just kick the ball into the other half of the pitch, same with Fletcher coming on for Welbeck and lastly Fellaini on for RVP, we should have kept pushing and gone for that 4th or 5th goal with attacking substitutions such as Kagawa or Januzaj and keep the pressure on Olympiacos

As for who we'll draw, I'm hoping for Borussia Dortmund simply because they've had a horrid run with injuries and I believe Lewandowski misses the next match through a ban

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
If we do draw Borussia Dortmund on Friday, the club should place a bet

Manchester United v Borussia Dortmund: Winning manager gets the job next season :becky:

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
David De Gea's saves were just as important as RVP's goals. What a keeper he's turning out to be! I hope he stays at United for many years to come and maintains this type of form. He's going to be the best keeper in the world in the near future.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moyes is a flop coming and saying we can now win champions league

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I almost wanted us to lose this game if that meant we see the end of that pretender...

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
We're apparently in advanced negotiations with Seamus Coleman...

Oh my f*cking god, what is it with Moyes and his obsession with trying to buy Everton players? Or players previously linked to Everton? Or players with the word Everton in their name (Everton Ribeiro)

Seriously, we have Rafael who's a more than capable long term right fullback yet this ginger goblin keeps wanting to recruit more Everton players

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The better team over 2 legs was eliminated. Sorry if the truth hurts but Man utd are fortunate to be in the last 8.
Olympiakos had enough chances to score a couple of goals at Old Trafford.
The penalty was soft and the foul called on the 3rd goal was a very poor call.
Van persie, De Gea , the referee and good luck were the catalysts for the 3-0 result.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
The better team over 2 legs was eliminated. Sorry if the truth hurts but Man utd are fortunate to be in the last 8.
Olympiakos had enough chances to score a couple of goals at Old Trafford.
The penalty was soft and the foul called on the 3rd goal was a very poor call.
Van persie, De Gea , the referee and good luck were the catalysts for the 3-0 result.
Truth is we've won 13 Premier League titles, the truth doesn't hurt ;)

As for the penalty, it was soft? It was the exact same challenge as Jones put on Sturridge on the weekend which correctly was ruled as a penalty, stupid challenge from the defender because RVP still had to chest the ball down, control it and get a shot off with 2 defenders nearby in the box

You can say what you want for the foul leading to the 3rd goal, but the referee was calling those sort of challenges as fouls throughout the match so he showed consistency

It's one thing to win the foul, but it's another score the goal from the free kick, RVP could have easily skied that ball or the keeper could have stopped it

The class of United won us the match, don't try and put it on good luck or blame the referee for Olympiacos' elimination from UCL

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wouldn't say you're classy this season, but credit when it's due that free kick was nothing but class.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
We won because Moyes knew he job was on the line, had we lost then Moyes would have been given the sack

Moyes let them do what they wanted in attack and didn't restrict them, usually we score a goal then sit back and try defend the lead but he knew we had to keep pushing to erase the aggregate score

This still doesn't excuse him from a pathetic season, there's a part of me that kinda wanted to see us go out against Olympiacos if it meant Moyes was getting sacked.. guess we'll wait until the Manchester derby to see his future