Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Great fight back to win 3 - 2, Huddlestone very dangerous for Hull from set plays

Rooney is invaluable to this team, hopefully he signs a contract extension and is ready to stay in the long run for United

Brilliant couple of saves from De Gea late in the match, on wards to Norwich in 2 days time

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Pathetic display against Tottenham, we only looked motivated once we conceded those 2 goals.. rubbish and disgraceful

Moyes breaking all sorts of unwanted records now, if he doesn't overhaul the midfield during this transfer window then I see no hope of us securing European football for next season

Not to mention, class players will be cup tied & not many will want to relocate during a World Cup year and jeopardize their spot for their respective country.. gonna be hard attracting anybody

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You guys are playing crap and still only 5 points off 4th. I think you will finish there.

But you need to hit a purple patch again sometime soon.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
no doubt we need some signings this month...but I have major doubts we can attract top quality signings in Jan...woteva it takes...I think we need to sign some decent midfielders...even if we pay overs...throw kagawa back to Dortmund get reus...get contreau....and go hard for barkley and even harder for Mata!

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everton and Chelsea will not sell to a competitor, especially in January.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
I don't believe we need Barkley, if we wanted him then we should have signed him during the summer instead of Fellaini who has done f*ck all since arriving..

As for Mata, what's the point in signing attacking midfielders when we don't even play our own one in the role he'll exceed in (Kagawa)

All we can hope for during the January transfer window is midfielders and maybe a defender, and if the talks are true then we've signed Everton Ribiero.. though I won't believe anything until players put pen to paper re the whole Tiago Alcantara saga..

EDIT: There's one player who I want Moyes to do whatever it takes to bring him here, and that's Ilkay Gundogan who isn't cup tied and has yet to sign a contract extension, though strong talks of him already being a done deal for Real Madrid

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to be appointed as the new Cardiff City manager, I would have loved to have seen Ole coach United being a former player and all, he knows the club well and the fans still hold him in high regards - intelligent player during his days and no doubt he's an intelligent coach

I really do want Moyes to succeed here at United, but if things keep going the way they're going and we don't look like we'll achieve European football for next season then how long will the board give Moyes to turn things around

I'm still pissed at the fact Moyes removed 20 years worth of backroom staff and bought the Everton mindset with him.. testing times ahead

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
its a frustrating times for us fans...I dnt expect many if any signings in Jan...but we have to be patient...we have been spoiled with years and years of success that we may have to go a season or 2 without silverware....but even if that's the case...we should still be in top4 regardless....we r too big a club to miss champions league football...
there is still a long way to go this season...so dnt count us out yet....
dnt forget Chelsea a couple of yrs ago had a shocker in the league and sumhow won the champions league....
football is a funny game sometimes

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
That's true, we just gotta keep our heads up and hope things fall into place one way or another and hopefully secure Champions League football for next season

Can't imagine the backlash Moyes would receive if he doesn't get a Top 4 finish - we'll be hurt financially, players won't want to join after the World Cup during the summer transfer window, our players may want out (eg Rooney)

But more importantly, we mustn't make panic purchases this month.. Fellaini is a shining example, could have purchased him when he still had a buy out clause but we paid 4/5mil extra on what seems to be a dud buy

On another note, strong rumours linking Juventus making a swoop for RVP.. to be honest, if it means we can work out a way with Juventus to get Vidal/Marchisio/Pogba then I say go for it!

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
not sure if Pogba would come back...he is flying in the seria A....I would take Vidal...but I love RVP...always have....so I want to keep him...we have missed him desperately
we need a LB,CB and obviously midfielders....need to play rooney n rvp up top...welbeck has impressed me this season...n deserves a chance to be in the squad...if we need to let go of hernandez then we give him to Madrid and some $$ for Di Maria.... I would take sneider too...on a yr to yr contract...we r desperate for something in the middle at the moment...I think desperate enough to pay him what he wants n bring him over now

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Dont know about this doom and gloom you guys are going on about, but at least you lot are doing much better than the Hillsborough sooks are doing this season

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Dont know about this doom and gloom you guys are going on about, but at least you lot are doing much better than the Hillsborough sooks are doing this season
umm we r 5 points behind them

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't get this.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Annnnnd we go crashing out of the FA Cup, Moyes breaking records once again - Swansea securing their first victory at Old Trafford in their club history

Fans obviously don't believe anymore, they all rushed for the exits as soon as Bony scored the late winner

If Moyes really doesn't bring anybody in this month than I don't know what to say, testing times ahead

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your season now rests with RvP's fitness.

If he's fit he'll start scoring goals, and you might just scrape it in the top 4. He was a big reason why Arsenal made the top 4 a couple seasons ago.

If not, then the best you can hope for is Europa league...... or winning the CL this year and getting a CL spot that way, but you're too shit to do that.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
I'd say our season rests upon who Moyes brings in during this transfer window

We desperately need a midfielder who can create goals and can be that box to box type of player, as of this moment even if RvP & Rooney are fit we're simply not creating any chances whatsoever

Realistically, I'd like to bring Dembele during this window cause he's a creative midfielder and he's a box to box midfielder something we're definitely lacking

However in saying that, I pray Moyes is playing mind games because his said recently he doesn't think he'll bring anybody in... for f*ck sakes, pull your head outta your ass David

As for where we'll finish, it's either Top 4 or f*ck off, Europa League is a waste of time and energy - I'd rather finish outside of the Europa League qualifications

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
we need top 4...we have missed rvp big time...and rooney is the only player creating any sort of chances when he plays...
we need to have januzaj on 1 wing....ffs play zaha on the other...get Valencia at RB (unless Rafael is fit)....play smalling and jones or jones n evans as cbs......carrick...or fellaini wen hes back fit....and kagawa behind rooney n rvp...at the moment that is our best squad...but most r injured!
ffs DESPERATE TO BEAT SUNDERLAND 2MORO and rematch against Swansea on the weekend