Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Thoughts on Moyesy so far?

To me, I don't think he has done well, only had one good game and that was against Swansea...

His team have been poor in pre-season, poor performance against Chelsea.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Personally I think he’s management of Wayne Rooney was poor

So far, that’s all I can truly judge him on. Too early to call on team performance

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Fellaini deal confirmed......awaiting confirmation on Fabio Coentrao on a season long loan...but looks like the paperwork wasnt signed in time...

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, what an embarrassment honestly..

We could have bought Fellaini waaaay before his buy-out clause expired and paid 4mil less, instead we went chasing Cesc Fabregas who was never gonna leave Barcelona.. utter waste of time.

Woodward has a lot to learn that's for sure, I mean we let Strootman who was being hyped up as a certain buy go and not to mention the Thiago fiasco.. and the most recent Herrera situation

I'm honestly worried for United, everybody else has seemed to improved their squad and United only bought in Fellaini who I believe isn't that crucial of a signing more a panic buy in my opinion

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fellaini is a good buy, but you are right, it has been poorly managed. With SAF gone, you guys have lost the advantage you held. He had that aura about him, and he certainly didn't muck around, nor did he suffer fools.

Last edited by a moderator:

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Starting to feel the full effects of the departure of both SAF and Gill, they never mucked around during the window and didn't have wild goose chases..

Where as Moyes and Woodward are running around like headless chooks, chasing players who weren't gonna come and letting key players go to rival clubs.. ffs, I feel for Herrera he was so eager to force the move he opted to weave the payments owed so he could come to Man Utd, but what happened? We f*cking left the kid stranded and got his hopes up for no reason.

I envy you fellas getting Ozil, with a world class striker (+ the option of a CDM & GK) I reckon Arsenal would improve ten folds

Moving away from the transfer window fiasco, I'm seriously frustrated over the use of Kagawa. He's one of the most creative players we have yet Moyes hasn't even let him set foot on the pitch, opting to go with 500 year old Giggs, no disrespect but when your time is up, just lessen his workload and play him in small matches to lead the younger players. Not to mention Welbeck who does f*ck all, he pisses me off the most.. absolutely useless.

United need to seriously adapt to a 4-3-1-2 formation, play both Rooney and RVP upfront and have Kagawa play behind the strikers feeding them balls that Giggs/Welbeck obviously can't f*cking do. And just have Carrick/Fellaini lay back in midfield and dictate the pace of the game. Why not have both your best players on the pitch instead of rotating between RVP & Rooney upfront, or making Rooney play out of position which then hinders Kagawa.. Moyes pull your head in.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I dont blame Moyesy for the transfer fiascos, he identified his targets, he gave them to his MD and that MD ****ed up big time with his negotiating skills.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I really like Moyes, but he didn't do well this window

Felliani isn't the answer. But he's already got a great squad so...

PS why is the "super" in this thread title captial while Gunners is lower cased? No happy :p

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
IMO, too much time was wasted on chasing Fabregas. Especially when there were other, more realistic, targets available. Modric, Ander Herrera, Ozil etc.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fabregas was never going to go to United. He's at the biggest club in the world, which happens to be his boyhood club, Barcelona can afford to pay him anything United can, and he is the part-heir to the Xaviesta throne.

I don't think Fellaini was a smart signing. United already play pretty tough in the midfield.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
We were chasing Fellaini last season...Sir Alex wanted him...so i dnt think its a panic buy...it's more of we finally got our man....he is a great addition to the squad, can play deep, rite in the middle or just behind Rooney // RVP...... agree that we need to use Kagawa more...he is quality....and if Moyes plays him sooner rather than later... u will see he is our missing link!
the game against palace cant come quick enough...another big test against city around the corner also

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
solid win this morning.......missed a couple of sitters as well...score could have been anything...but good to pick up the 3 points!
Rooney is back baby!

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're off to a terrible start this season

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good, give us a chance lol
Lol. We've been off to terrible starts before and still came out ontop though. Hopefully Moyes and his boys can pull through and find some consistency

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Lol. We've been off to terrible starts before and still came out ontop though. Hopefully Moyes and his boys can pull through and find some consistency
This is our worst start to the season in 24 years, Moyes needs to turn things around and fast

I still believe Sir Alex should have taken Moyes under his wing for 6 months or so before handing over the reign to show him how it's done

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is our worst start to the season in 24 years, Moyes needs to turn things around and fast

I still believe Sir Alex should have taken Moyes under his wing for 6 months or so before handing over the reign to show him how it's done
I'm not sure if Moyes was the right person for the job

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Moyes was the right person for the job
That I agree with, If I could have any of the current coaches right now I'd take Jurgen Klopp without a second thought

I mean just look at what his done and achieved at Borussia Dortmund but then again I don't think he would have left BVB