Traitor, or Just Desperate to play??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, as we have probably all heard "Fien, a former Queensland Origin representative, has played twice for the Kiwis in the Tri Nations series after claiming his grandmother was born in New Zealand.

It emerged on Monday that it was Fien's great grandmother who was born in New Zealand, throwing his eligibility into doubt."

"To be eligible to play for the Kiwis, Fien would have to have a grandparent born in New Zealand" - www.Nrl.com.au

What do we all think? And what would YOU do if given the opportunity to play for either Australia or your country of heritage :whacky:

T

TdoggBulldog

hes both a traitor and desperate

my country of heritage is closer then his... so who ever selected me first i would play for.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
you really like making threads dont you

.. for me it would be the country that i had spent most of my time in

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nathan fien is as bogan aussie as it gets. **** him i say. he falls into the category of both imo.
id play for aussie through and through

½

friend of stevie j
Reaction score
i'd like to do the haka. oogity boogity

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i'd like to do the haka. oogity boogity
lol haha idioth

i was born in australia therefore id play for australia.

F

fatal1

just desperate to play he is...

as for me...play for australia...:grinning:

fo'sure

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
who cares he woulda never played 4 kangaroos so if nz want him n hes willing to play like he has let him...
born here play here 4 me

C

Cookie^Monstah

meh i gave up on caring bout this long ago...

come on, half the NZ team was born here n half of the Aust team was born in NZ....meh lol

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me he's a DOG!
How do you get off trying to prove one of your great grandparents may have been of one ancestrial decent to play against your country!!! poor form...

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
as soon as he pulled that QLD SOO jersey any chance of him playing for the Kiwis shouldve been revoked.

stiffystephy

Not Guilty, Not Innocent!
Reaction score
nathan fien is as bogan aussie as it gets. **** him i say. he falls into the category of both imo.
id play for aussie through and through
i agree on all accounts

He is a bogan aussie, he is a Mount Isa boy for crying out loud...lol
I say let him play for whoever, he does have both backgrounds
But i would definately play for Aussie above all others, even if i happened to move somewhere now and live there for ages Aussie is still my home

..shurrup..

Kennel Established
Reaction score
well i guess he took wat he could get...........imo he is more australian

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree on all accounts

He is a bogan aussie, he is a Mount Isa boy for crying out loud...lol
I say let him play for whoever, he does have both backgrounds
But i would definately play for Aussie above all others, even if i happened to move somewhere now and live there for ages Aussie is still my home
This is the dilemma we face as having a background. Imagine you had to leave OZ and move to like... hmm... France, Japan or Italy to live. You would have to learn that language and your kids would be born there...
Whilist your greatful to have the safety and life you do in a foreign country, your heart somehow thinks about your place back in Australia...

So if a footy team came about over there, you wouldnt mind playing For australia no??
How hard would it be to ignore your roots and Call your kids French, Japanese or wherever you reside...

P.s this has nothing to do with Fein... One great grandma on one side of the family dosnt make you anything!!! Thats like 1/48th NewZealander!! what about the other 47/48?? lol

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh, i've never wanted him to pull on our black and white jersey, as he had played SOO, so he obviously had plans to play for Aust in the future.

But then you look at Australia, you guys have Tonie Carrol, who played for NZ, he was born in Christchurch, grew up there etc, played for us in the WC, then goes and plays for QLD, and Australia, after representing us, and the only reason he wasnt in the Tri Nations this year is because he is injured.

In the end it goes both ways.
Meh ohwell, this is going to be happening for years to come, but I hate the fact that the NZRL lied and cheated, SACK SEL BENNETT!!!

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
the fact is fien is not even a NZ citizen if he was there would be be issue he just played for NZ because he knew he was not good enough to play for australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.