The Consolidated Cricket Thread

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
All comes down to Haddin. Why did he expose the tail for with a stupid rash shot. He was lucky the ball before ffs.
All started with Punter and what was an absolute rubbish shot from a batsman that seemed to be well established at the crease...

Clarke and Hussey were utter crap - and I'm probably Pup's biggest fan.

Punter needs to go though.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
My team to take on India:

01) David Warner
02) Shane Watson
03) Shaun Marsh
04) Ricky Ponting
05) Michael Clarke
06) Mike Hussey
07) Brad Haddin (Not that I want him in the team but I dont think theyll pick Wade)
08) Ryan Harris
09) James Pattinson
10) Peter Siddle
11) Nathan Lyon

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
All started with Punter and what was an absolute rubbish shot from a batsman that seemed to be well established at the crease...

Clarke and Hussey were utter crap - and I'm probably Pup's biggest fan.

Punter needs to go though.
the shot was bad but with 2 down only with less than 100, you can cop that on the chin. Haddin had no excuse. He was the experienced partner out there and it looked like Warner was more mature.

Punter's ball stopped on him also which was unexpected.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lyon shouldn't need to hang his head in shame, feel for the bloke.
Yep i agree, bloody Hughes, Ponting, Clarke, Hussey, Haddin should hang their heads in shame, they're the top order batsmen, and a bowler is doing a better job. He got lucky but he did his job and stayed out there and scored a few runs 2.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
the shot was bad but with 2 down only with less than 100, you can cop that on the chin. Haddin had no excuse. He was the experienced partner out there and it looked like Warner was more mature.

Punter's ball stopped on him also which was unexpected.
That ball didn't stop enough to warrant that shot. Played well away from his body, uppish, even if if came through at pace he would have spooned it I reckon.

Either retire, or go down the order Punter.

shmozzle

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i know it's all done by viewer voting so it's nobody's fault, but bracewell really should have gotten man of the match.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
i know it's all done by viewer voting so it's nobody's fault, but bracewell really should have gotten man of the match.
well yeah biased people giving the motm results. IMO they should have had a duel result just to make it fairer.

shmozzle

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
such a great example of how great test match cricket can be. so many twists and turns. and you never get that sort of excitement in any other form of the game.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the Australian cricket team are a joke
Nah, it's just the NZ Cricket team are so great.

Also, why was Billiris not playing? He's got plenty of experience, having played this form of the game growing up.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score

Also, why was Billiris not playing? He's got plenty of experience, having played this form of the game growing up.
He's nursing an injury from attempting the 5kg dumb bells, should be right for the Boxing Day test match though.

shmozzle

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

are him and katich in the same boat?

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boxing Day team needs to be (if fit):

1. Shane Watson (Need him to begin, need him to bowl when needed, good fieldsman).
2. Dave Warner (Deserves to be in the team after today's performance, also good fieldsman and can bowl if needed).
3. Usman Khawaja (Is young, questionable to keep him in team ahead of Ponting but I rather keep with Youth than someone who is about to retire, who is also out of form).
4. Michael Clarke (Out of form but Captain, best man for the job. Nuff said).
5. Dan Christian (Like Shane Watson, good batsman and in form, also good with ball, fast bowler, cant do any worse than Starc).
6. Michael Hussey (Consistently good, a little out of form but best man for the job still).
7. Tim Paine (Haddin was alright behind wicket, but has finger troubles atm and is out of form with the bat, I like the look of this kid).
8. Peter Siddle (Solid, consistent bowler. Nuff said).
9. James Pattinson (Going along very well. Definately in team after being man of series).
10. Nathan Lyon (Goes alright and did his best in batting. Should keep his head held up high).
11. Pat Cummins (if fit, needs to be in team ahead of Starc. If not, might have to stick with Starc).

The other two guys wouldnt mind in the team are:
David Hussey: Underated. I am sure he could play just as well in test cricket as 1dayers.
Shaun Marsh: Possibly ahead of Usman.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Boxing Day team needs to be (if fit):

1. Shane Watson (Need him to begin, need him to bowl when needed, good fieldsman).
2. Dave Warner (Deserves to be in the team after today's performance, also good fieldsman and can bowl if needed).
3. Usman Khawaja (Is young, questionable to keep him in team ahead of Ponting but I rather keep with Youth than someone who is about to retire, who is also out of form).
4. Michael Clarke (Out of form but Captain, best man for the job. Nuff said).
5. Dan Christian (Like Shane Watson, good batsman and in form, also good with ball, fast bowler, cant do any worse than Starc).
6. Michael Hussey (Consistently good, a little out of form but best man for the job still).
7. Tim Paine (Haddin was alright behind wicket, but has finger troubles atm and is out of form with the bat, I like the look of this kid).
8. Peter Siddle (Solid, consistent bowler. Nuff said).
9. James Pattinson (Going along very well. Definately in team after being man of series).
10. Nathan Lyon (Goes alright and did his best in batting. Should keep his head held up high).
11. Pat Cummins (if fit, needs to be in team ahead of Starc. If not, might have to stick with Starc).

The other two guys wouldnt mind in the team are:
David Hussey: Underated. I am sure he could play just as well in test cricket as 1dayers.
Shaun Marsh: Possibly ahead of Usman.
Clarke out of form? Pretty sure he hit 150 in the last test, and a century vs the Safricaans...and a century vs the sri lankans...

David Hussey? He's 34, goes against your youth theory and to be honest there are better young players coming through.

Tim Paine is rubbish. Might as well keep Haddin until Wade is ready.

Cummins is out until mid January apparently. I'd have George or Copeland ahead of Starc at the moment.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Clarke out of form? Pretty sure he hit 150 in the last test, and a century vs the Safricaans...and a century vs the sri lankans...

David Hussey? He's 34, goes against your youth theory and to be honest there are better young players coming through.

Tim Paine is rubbish. Might as well keep Haddin until Wade is ready.

Cummins is out until mid January apparently. I'd have George or Copeland ahead of Starc at the moment.
What about Ryan Harris? When is he due back?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Ryan Harris has been declared fit. They have to decide whether or not to put him back in with no warm up game though.

Ponting WONT and shouldnt get dropped from this series. We need some experience still. Sharma/Khan will have a field day with our youngsters.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Are people also forgetting Clarke has scored 2 centuries in the last 4 tests. That isnt what I would consider 'out of form'

edit: I think he scored a century against Sri Lanka also so it could very well be 3 in the last 6

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Clarke has annouced Hughes will not take part in the Boxing Day Test Match.

NOT even Michael Clarke can defend Phil Hughes any more.

Clarke has long been a supporter of his NSW teammate but after Australia's loss to New Zealand, the skipper said it was time for Hughes to go back to state level.

Hughes was caught by Martin Guptill in the slips off Chris Martin's bowling - the fourth time in the two-Test series he had been dismissed caught Guptill, bowled Martin - without adding to his overnight score of 20.

Australia went on to be bundled out for 233 and lose by seven runs in what was the Black Caps' first Test win against the Australians since 1993.

NZ's victory squared the series at one-all but Australia, as holder, retained the Trans-Tasman Trophy.

Hughes ended the series with 41 runs at 10.25 and will not be a part of the Boxing Day Test against India.

"He needs to find some runs. It is as simple as that," Clarke said.

"If he's not making them for Australia, he is going to have to go back and score some for NSW."

But Sheffield Shield cricket goes into hibernation now to make way for the Twenty20 Big Bash League - certainly not the ideal preparation for an inconsistent Test side.

"We go back and play Twenty20 cricket so, yeah, if that's the case for people who get dropped from this team, they are going to have to go back to Twenty20 cricket and score some runs," Clarke said.

"He needs some runs, no doubt, but he's not the only one though - let me make that very clear."

With an innings built around opener David Warner's brilliant maiden Test century, Australia was coasting at 2-159, chasing the victory target of 241, before raw Kiwi seamer Doug Bracewell triggered a collapse of 7-40 either side of lunch.

In just his third Test, the 21-year-old Bracewell finished with 6-40 to go with his three first-innings wickets, a performance that should have given him the man of the match award.

He dismissed Ricky Ponting (16), Clarke (0) and Mike Hussey (0) - the last two in successive balls - as Australia lost 3-0 just before the break.

The tail followed in quick succession before Warner and Nathan Lyon dug in, whittling the target down to just eight.

Fittingly, it was Bracewell who ended the 34-run stand and the game, bowling Lyon.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...inst-new-zealand/story-fn67wv6z-1226219709541

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
What must happen..

Hughes OUT
Ponting OUT
Starc OUT

Watson IN
Marsh IN
Paine/Cummins IN

But i doubt Ponting will be dropped. Khawaja should NOT be dropped.

p.s we need to find a young wicket keeper quick smart, Hadin is fked.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My team would be:

Warner
Watson
Khawaja
Marsh
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin / Wade ( depends if they deem him ready )
Harris ( if fit )
Pattinson
Siddle
Lyon