News Josh Jackson

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Link of Gus talking about Jacko and what he’s doing with the Flegg team. Future nrl coach Gus believes.
Keep him involved with the juniors, send him to the pro coaching courses. In about 3 or 4 years when Pots retires give him the cup team. Then he can do an apprenticeship under CC. CC was an apprentice for over 10 years, it isn't a bad idea to take time figuring things out. We can go from CC to JJ in about 15 years time.

Now what we need is an apprentice for GG...

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Keep him involved with the juniors, send him to the pro coaching courses. In about 3 or 4 years when Pots retires give him the cup team. Then he can do an apprenticeship under CC. CC was an apprentice for over 10 years, it isn't a bad idea to take time figuring things out. We can go from CC to JJ in about 15 years time.

Mad idea but the question is will someone at the club have a brain to have a thought about that

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

What if CC is the new Bellamy?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What if CC is the new Bellamy?
No such thing, there is no new Bellamy, he is one of a kind, and he had a lot of advantages going for him over his tenure which is one of the reasons it has been a long one. CC is the new CC, he is one of a kind, we are beginning to see what he can do. Will he still be the Dogs coach in 15 years time? I reckon we all hope so, as that would likely mean we've picked up a few premierships along the way. Will he be looking for something different to do in 15 years time? Maybe, personally I'd not be surprised. Maybe CC will take over the role that GG currently does?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No such thing, there is no new Bellamy, he is one of a kind, and he had a lot of advantages going for him over his tenure which is one of the reasons it has been a long one. CC is the new CC, he is one of a kind, we are beginning to see what he can do. Will he still be the Dogs coach in 15 years time? I reckon we all hope so, as that would likely mean we've picked up a few premierships along the way. Will he be looking for something different to do in 15 years time? Maybe, personally I'd not be surprised. Maybe CC will take over the role that GG currently does?
Of course they are different I was just saying what if he stays at the dogs for his career cause he takes us to the finals and wins titles like Bellamy. Sort of ruins the apprenticeship for JJ.

Knowing the dogs though CC will be sacked in a few years and JJ will be head coach before he’s ready and the cycle continues…

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of course they are different I was just saying what if he stays at the dogs for his career cause he takes us to the finals and wins titles like Bellamy. Sort of ruins the apprenticeship for JJ.

Knowing the dogs though CC will be sacked in a few years and JJ will be head coach before he’s ready and the cycle continues…
That is what we want to avoid, and if JJ is paying attention to what guys like CC and GG are all about, he'll be patient. Strom have had a pretty good procession of assistants to Bellamy come and go, some of them have gone on to head coaching themselves, but I don't think any of them (Arthur, O'Brien, and Siebold) have actually been all that successful. Certainly none of them did more than 5 years at Storm. Parra have done the right thing by Arthur and given him a good long stint, he finished bottom 6 in 4 of the first 5 years of his tenure.

Everyone needs to breath and take the time to get good.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mad idea but the question is will someone at the club have a brain to have a thought about that
From what I've read over the years, a lot of the issues we had when Greenberg took over were with letting great staff go. I think the Panthers got one of our talent scouts and a second great scout moved on too. We got Cleal who I don't think found any players if note (supposedly overlooked Mitchell and didn't like what he saw if Munsters highlights vid that he was sent). Then we had a little processing of coaches through our lower grades, jumped between feeder teams etc.

So throughout that we didn't really have an incredible pathway for junior coaches to progress IMO. And we didn't have incredible juniors coming through often because when Hasler took over as coach he noticeably preferred to recruit fringe players with 25 NRL games over 5 years than promote juniors. So good youngsters looked elsewhere (Cook & Taupau jump to mind). We got ridiculously excited about picking up an outside back who was subsequently sacked before the preseason was done.

Now that we have an official reserve grade team again, procession planning from players, coaches and all our staff should be in place. If we are settled long term with CC, it should allow us to bring good people through the system gradually. If Ciraldo is our 15-20 year coach, it'll be hard to keep the better coaches behind him. But I think they're going to be on top of these things moving forward.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The perfect man for the job today and in the future!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

I rate this AA. When you combine a CC and a GG with a Padawan JJ you’ve got a winning strategy :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Still burns me that Jackson didn’t get a send off!

I know he retired in the off season but the club could’ve done something for him.
Being made a life member and coach of a junior grade team with a path for bigger responsibility later is well looked after. Jacko is a country lad who doesn’t like much fuss and probably didn’t want any fancy send off.