Dave Furner South’s defence coach

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dave Furner goes in as South’s defence coach and they cop 50+ off the bat…. I recall our defence was putrid under Furner, his record as an NRL defensive coach is poor, I don’t know how he keeps landing a gig?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he went alright at the cowboys when they won the premiership. I think at the end of the day it's the players who are doing the tackling. You can't polish defensive turds like Okunbor, RFM and Nu Brown, etc.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree that Furne is shit but defensive systems take longer than seven days to be implemented. The structures change and sometimes the players need to change. We are a perfect example. Took Ciro over a year, massive squad overhaul and two preseasons.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This defensive coach stuff is a hype job. Who is Bellamy or Bennett's defensive coach?

The buck stops with the head coach, if he can't get players to buy in and come together as a group than no amount of assistant input and other detailed coaching like wrestling is going to work.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just on Souffs

Struggling South Sydney have been given a much-needed boost with the Rabbitohs set to agree to a shock long-term deal with English halfback Lewis Dodd.
It is understood that Dodd is likely to join the Rabbitohs from next season on a three to four year contract having told his Super League club St Helens of the impending move.
The impending decision casts uncertainty surrounding injured South Sydney halfback Lachie Ilias who still has 12 months left on his contract. Current no.7