Rumour Sexton hunted by Raiders

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Huh? Elite LL and LL in NSW Cup are the same as the guy that played for Bulldogs.

There's also a Loghan Lewis (you might be thinking of) who plays for Raiders.

Could have sworn he was out of Top 30 squad this year.
The 23 yr old second rower for Canberra is the 27yr old half we had? Now I am getting confused

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget about this one..

Raiders are pushing hard to get Sanders released from Parramatta this season, and failing that signing him from 2025 onwards.

If he doesn't get released early, Ethan Strange or Jack Wighton will cover Fogartys injury stint.
With parra scum #7 out long term they ain’t releasing the strange 1!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 23 yr old second rower for Canberra is the 27yr old half we had? Now I am getting confused
Woah, that .... is odd. Gotta admit I didn't read that much into the link (and I did look at it before posting my initial comment).

Loghan Lewis shows his birthday as a day before "Lachlan Lewis" has listed.

I suspect somethings gone amiss with their data entry, as despite quite a bit of Googling, I can't find anything at all regarding another Lachlan Lewis, but did find that Loghan Lewis is ex Keebra Park, and a lock.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
@Mitch Connor please clear this up. You seem to be all over all things Lime Green
It’s an obvious conclusion to jump to. Have heard that they don’t wanna bring in a guy just for the rest of the season though.

If they get pumped from pillar to post with no kicking game that could change though.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Stuart will like him anyway. Weak defender and no point going to be a backup to another established half. May as well try to stay and fight your way into the side.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wonder if Brad Schneider left Canberra on good terms. They could do alot worse than ask for a loan.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Woah, that .... is odd. Gotta admit I didn't read that much into the link (and I did look at it before posting my initial comment).

I suspect somethings gone amiss with their data entry, as despite quite a bit of Googling, I can't find anything at all regarding another Lachlan Lewis, but did find that Loghan Lewis is ex Keebra Park, and a lock.
ex dog Lewis is not playing for canberra

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched the whole of our NSW Cup game against the Knights where we scored 52 points. Based on that and everything else I've seen from Sexton in first grade he'd be no great loss. In that game he had one try assist from memory. O'Neill had 3. Yes Sexton offers a bit more in attack than Hutchison but he would probably let in the same amount of tries in defence as he helps create and they say he's not a big talker either whereas O'Neill is and he scolds his teammates for poor defence according to his teammates. He's usually captain. O'Neill and Woods are already better players than Sexton will ever be. He's surplus. I'd also rather see Taaffe at 7 than Sexton in first grade.

He's off contract next year anyway. Let him go now if it means we can sign a decent middle like Mooney. We should definitely negotiate that. Mooney is definitely better than that Eels forward we picked up recently and likely better than Tetevano and Poasa and not injury prone like Patolo.

Last edited:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Bulldog Lewis is now some weird Man motivational money influencer - with no influence. A truly astonishing career turn.

Canberra had a backrower called Lachlan Lewis who’s now back up in QCup and they have a Loghan Lewis in their system.

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No point holding him back
He’ll do well there, adios!

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Forget about this one..

Raiders are pushing hard to get Sanders released from Parramatta this season, and failing that signing him from 2025 onwards.

If he doesn't get released early, Ethan Strange or Jack Wighton will cover Fogartys injury stint.
Huh! Wighton??

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldog Lewis is now some weird Man motivational money influencer - with no influence. A truly astonishing career turn.

Canberra had a backrower called Lachlan Lewis who’s now back up in QCup and they have a Loghan Lewis in their system.
Bloody hell that's nice and confusing. Thanks for clearing that up.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why did you sign him in the first place.

FFS: He was behind Tahah Boyd in the pecking order at the Titans. :tearsofjoy: His first game with the Dogs was great & people were posting he's a superstar.:tearsofjoy:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why did you sign him in the first place.

FFS: He was behind Tahah Boyd in the pecking order at the Titans. :tearsofjoy: His first game with the Dogs was great & people were posting he's a superstar.:tearsofjoy:
his first game was v Rabbit missing half their team. Blake Taaffe carved us up.

Juniorluke

Waterboy
Reaction score
I watched the whole of our NSW Cup game against the Knights where we scored 52 points. Based on that and everything else I've seen from Sexton in first grade he'd be no great loss. In that game he had one try assist from memory. O'Neill had 3. Yes Sexton offers a bit more in attack than Hutchison but he would probably let in the same amount of tries in defence as he helps create and they say he's not a big talker either whereas O'Neill is and he scolds his teammates for poor defence according to his teammates. He's usually captain. O'Neill and Woods are already better players than Sexton will ever be. He's surplus. I'd also rather see Taaffe at 7 than Sexton in first grade.

He's off contract next year anyway. Let him go now if it means we can sign a decent middle like Mooney. We should definitely negotiate that. Mooney is definitely better than that Eels forward we picked up recently and likely better than Tetevano and Poasa and not injury prone like Patolo.
Sexton is serving a brilliant purpose as the organising 7 allowing O’Neill to adapt to open age football. O’Neills kicking game isn’t where you need it to be as an organising open age 7. Sexton is what the club needs for the rest of 2024. He is surplus after that.