News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Froggo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thank God he's gone. Claiming exhaustion and discomfort, geez that doesn't sound like part of the job description of a 1st grade NRL player. Stated he walked out fine and broke down at home. Nothing to do with the training, all to do with the realisation his NRL career was already over.
$4,000,000 he wouldn't earn that in 10 NRL life times. You need to ask what kind of advice is he getting? no other club will touch him, he has become a joke to a whole community. No wonder we have been shit house for so many years, soft underbelly. His punishment for being late on the day is common in most teams.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
there is a limit as to what can be done to punish players, like if the 30 players were to whip him or bang him in the ass then thats crossed the line

we should discuss what is the line, start off with something clearly fine and then make it slightly worse until you find the agreed limit

so if wrestling people is ok, how about wrestling them and 1 of them farts in your face?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank God he's gone. Claiming exhaustion and discomfort, geez that doesn't sound like part of the job description of a 1st grade NRL player. Stated he walked out fine and broke down at home. Nothing to do with the training, all to do with the realisation his NRL career was already over.
$4,000,000 he wouldn't earn that in 10 NRL life times. You need to ask what kind of advice is he getting? no other club will touch him, he has become a joke to a whole community. No wonder we have been shit house for so many years, soft underbelly. His punishment for being late on the day is common in most teams.
I bet only players who left the Dogs last year will come out and support him

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He better not be able to prove he was targeted, and the trainer who flogged him hopefully made others who were late suffer the same punishment

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He has video proof of him getting smashed, and apparently he was physically hurt.
He also claims he wasn’t late,
only the players that needed strapping needed to come early.
He won’t have any club chasing him now so he’s trying to get 4mill to cover his career lose that he would’ve got.
Perhaps he has a case then??
He's may have damaged his own brand beyond repair if he's found to be defamatory in any way.
Even if he wins & CB are seen as the bad guys ... which new club is gonna call him?
As his new team mates, are you gonna feel comfortable with him in the defensive line beside you?
Would YOU feel you could trust him with JWH bearing down on the gap between the two of you??
Or is he gonna wuss it at the crucial time??!!

Compare that to our 2024 Bulldogs ... you'd trust every single one of them to have your back (NRL & Cup).
Sadly, this could be JT's legacy. Baaad legal advice!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree. Timing is terrible too. Its like they waited for this win before putting it into the news cycle
Not the first time "they've" tried to derail the CB Bulldogs.
We will be galvanised and stronger because of "them".

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
This generation is soft as. As an asian kid growing up here in the 70's and 80's I faced a lot of racism but I learnt quickly to stand up and defend myself when it was needed. It toughens you up mentally and physically and the bullies and rednecks soon learn not to mess around.
White kids were targeted by 5t in cabramatta west in the 90's and lebs in bass hill etc. Africans and Aboriginals have 'tried' to rob me at knife point in separate incidents while spewing racial shit.

Indians need help to achieve dei in bashing and robbing. Maybe an Indian Hells Angel's chapter

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
there is a limit as to what can be done to punish players, like if the 30 players were to whip him or bang him in the ass then thats crossed the line

we should discuss what is the line, start off with something clearly fine and then make it slightly worse until you find the agreed limit

so if wrestling people is ok, how about wrestling them and 1 of them farts in your face?
Well that's the thing, things I'd consider, (not being a lawyer) is the task he was set ridiculous in nature? Was it degrading him as a person, was he humiliated to a degree that the common person, teammate will suffer psychological effects past the effects that occur for a NRL player expected to go through ie losses, even embarrassing losses and errors and demands of the public eye.

This was a private session, handled discretely until he brought it out. It's not like he was required to do a nudie run out in the public or one of those archaic unlawful initiation practices or some outrageous task not related to his requirements to be skillful and physically fit. Besides being a "penalty", to me it was to improve him as a player and teammate and isn't something totally unusual. Sorry if it comes out as a keyboard warrior but although hard and painful, etc. The most stress he'd honestly be going through after realising he doesn't want to continue to chase the dream is if he can win this case or not and putting the act on, etc. that whole process will play with his head, he's put it on himself, he might gain something from it (the case and other means that I'd prefer not to mention).

Bulldog Bloke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My point is that we have snippets of what happened and an obviously very slanted statement from a lawyer looking for a buck. Yet everyone here thinks they have it down enough to make judgements. Which as you are alluding to and probably Gus alluded to, there's a mental health issue involved here. Awesome stuff.

And this guy up to 3 years ago was considered, in terms of club men, the second coming of Josh Reynolds. Short memories from a whole collective of muppets. What was it again we were? Family club or something? What a fckng laugh.

As for physicality vs hard work - think Kurtis Morrin says hello.
I always thought he was bog. The club is bigger than any player mental health or not. Completely destroyed any reputation he had.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Any Bulldogs fans interested in joining a class action against the club and Trent Barrett for “deprivation of liberty” and “unlawful corporal punishment” for the 2021 season?
I’m happy enough watching the slimy Eels get worse and worse with Barrett on the coaching staff :-).

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tell you what, curiosity got the better of me and watched the 360 segment on this. Anasta has turned into one of the better media personalities out there. Very articulate and isn’t afraid to tell it as it is. He summarized the ridiculousness of the situation really well