News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Knows his career is done and dusted. He thought when he first made the complaint it would help being ‘anonymous’, he would then be able to go another club then realised everyone connected the dots and no one wants to sign him, not even ESL, so now he’s looking for big bucks to cure his hurt feelings and big ego.

P.S… he got home and opened the door and cried to his girlfriend and parents….. yeah buddy NRL ain’t for you….
Girlfriend?

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Guys maybe it's now time to stop posting on this matter? Or at least be circumspect in what we say...no more ammunition for Buzz etc.
We are on a hiding to nothing and they twist the truth of what fans say and our opinions.
This isn't a Canterbury issue. This is a whole of game issue. It's on the best interests of the NRL to be assisting Canterbury as much as possible.

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He took on a job where the biggest part of it basically required him to wrestle/tackle for 80 minutes .. the rules for slackness being late e.g would have been laid out to them.

I feel sorry for the club CC and staff, they’re trying to rebuild a lazy culture that’s been let go and slack for years, and now they’ve got to deal with this shit ..
They should hang a picture of Topine in the GYM and say, 'if you want to be like this, f*ck off now!'

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This isn't a Canterbury issue. This is a whole of game issue. It's on the best interests of the NRL to be assisting Canterbury as much as possible.

NRL help the Bulldogs... have you been drinking? They 'helped' so much in the past!

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
NRL help the Bulldogs... have you been drinking? They 'helped' so much in the past!
If this gets to court and Topine wins, contact sport is dead, the nrl is dead. Good luck to any high performance trainer telling players to do 5 push ups. The players will tell them to get fucked on precedent. The nrl need to assist to protect their product. And by product I mean $$$$$$

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since everyone is enjoying the pile on, I'll just put this here.
No idea what drove him to this but think we got to remember there was a time where he was very well respected. For all anyone knows, could have been a range of factors outside of what you got from the article that led to today.

I know - spoils all the KB warriors fun eh? In that case - carry on.
I don't think this wrestling incident was the cause of him walking out. More likely he's had a growing belief that he's not going to get there, maybe he's seen guys he dominated a few years ago pass him. Guys get handed shots based on natural physicality rather than hard work (thinking of someone like TPJ).

I'd say this was just the culmination of a long build up of frustration. And if the talk of 6+ players complaining about training has validity, perhaps the group of them exacerbated the situation leading up to the day by blowing the hard work out of proportion.

I honestly hope Topine isn't suffering long term mental health issues. And I hope someone sits him down and lets him know this lawyer doesn't have his best interests at heart.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
$4 mill. What a fucking JOKE!! Absolutely disgusting and disgraceful, and being a Kiwi myself that is just an insult. What a dirty Dog… Hope the only thing he gets is no more NRL dream!!!

Son Of Dogzilla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Each player in the Bulldogs roster, who were the plaintiff’s opponents in wrestling match-ups, possessed high levels of fitness and strength …. This is my fav quote .. as a professional footballer shouldn’t he have the same levels of fitness and strength

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I seem to recall that Jackson had a few off-field issues before this happened that the club worked through with him, or am I imagining this? If this is true, let's see if they mysteriously get leaked to the media, Wielder incoming maybe? Can the parties just settle this behind closed doors before it becomes real ugly in the media. Bulldogs don't need this at this point and Jackson needs to get on with his life.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I take back my concerns for Jackson that I posted recently, after discovering this. “Deprivation of liberty”? Give me a fkn break!

The punishment was extreme, sure. The army boot camp they did last preseason from what I’ve seen was worse. If it was that bad he could have easily just said I can’t handle this and left. To me he was found out to not be up to the standards the coach had set and now looking to get compo. Pitiful really.
Thats exactly it!! He didn't have to do it! They didn't chain him up and force him. He could have walked out at any time.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, if he wasnt such a weakling he would let it go and sign somewhere else, doing this only ensures he never gets signed ever again
Yeah same as my thinking and it’s interesting looking at the difference between how he and RFM have behaved. Now, Ray wasn’t subjected to this type of punishment as far as we know, but after a period of disagreement with the club, he’s moved on and is doing fine at Drags. Him allegedly being a leak and part of the poor culture, lends weight to just moving on, even under adversity. I was thinking about it recently actually, that in the cutthroat world of the NRL, you’d have to have that mentality or you’d struggle to be successful, or retain a contract. You’d need to move on quickly and focus on yourself and what you can control.

I’m not going to play down Jackson’s treatment because something like that does have the potential to cause ptsd, and I know how that can fuck you sideways, but once it occurs, you’d realise that it’s not the career path for you. Assumedly, up until that point of his career, he hadn’t seen tough discipline like this. Whatever the case, resorting to legal action sucks, but I can also understand that too. He clearly had certain people supporting his belief that he was mistreated, then along comes the ambulance chasers and voila, sue the club. Players and coaches will always do that if they think they have a case, so it’s unremarkable really.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it went from 12 players wrestling him, to "seinor squad", to an entire squad. Sounds like there is some creative elaboration there, and if that can be proven by clubs lawyers, then other exaggerations might form part of our legal teams arguements.

I do wonder too if perhaps he has breached part of his playing contract with the club (by being late).

I'm sure the clubs lawyers will be all over this one.

As for those other rumoured players involved and backing him up... only Topine has no career currently.

Nu Brown recently signed with Dragons, and joined back up with RFM.

question is who are our lawyers? Lol would love to know
Carroll and O'Dea Lawyers are a sponsor of the club. They have legal experts in workplace fields (safety, law, mediation), including Special Counsels.

Pretty certain that Topines lawyer is mainly in criminal law, not workplace law.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of very tough keyboard warriors in the TK. From what I saw the kid was tough. When he came into FG he often ended up covering for injures and was asked to do a lot of defence and play long minutes. He worked hard in those games, never shirked the work.
I hope the kid can make a comeback into the nrl with another club.

Last edited:

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Having been subject to workplace punishments and 'tough standards', that did actually nothing to improve the general productivity, whilst the companies responsibility to the environment was woeful, will say am dubious of the general sentiment on this thread.

Also to the person talking about being in the trenches, he has no idea about what got people through being in the trenches. Real warfare is totally different to a game, commanding officers were most often archaic rule followers that got people killed, whilst actually the in-subordinates who refused to follow up high ups command where the ones that often actually effected a change. It's a reason why the australian army stopped allowing their men to be subject to foreign commanders. Eg in Vietnam, Australian command ran and planned their own missions to great effect. In Gallipoli the most effective efforts were made by troops isolated from command fighting for each other and smartly, using their wits and intuition.

Also who gives a stuff about how Touma is doing, if he is such a hard ass, he should be fine. Personally think he sounds like a dickhead and would be happy if he left the club. Would rather someone like Tony Grimaldi.

Will leave this article here which could of interest. Whipping a horse does not make them run faster or win.