News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They openly mock him about it on 360, it's great
That’s what I love about this . When he first came out and accused the club of wrong doing, he thought the media would support him and it was the complete opposite. Even 360 weren’t supporting him, including past players. So he’s now realising, holy shit, the only way out is going down this path and he’s realised it’s backfired on him.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What he was asked to do in training is no more than he would be expected to do in an NRL game, mentally or physically. That's what training is for, so when you get into the hard grind of a match you are used to it.

Always a Bulldog

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, its literally Topines word against the club which is probably why he's gone all out (at the advice of his lawyer and manager probs). Looks like the sum of the statement of claim is what he may have expected to earn in his footy career which is insinuating Dogs have ended his career.

Anyway, this is messy. I suspect Dogs tried to settle out of court but both parties could not reach an agreement hence the SOC. This will go pear shaped for Topine unfortunately. I still think he was hard done by and wish things were different for him. And the media really should not be writing these stories and making the situation worse, but they don't care.
Possibly the case. Someone needs to tap his lawyer on the shoulder and let them know turning up to training late as a fringe first grader doesn’t exactly put you in the best spot to earn $4m+ over the course of your playing career.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He took on a job where the biggest part of it basically required him to wrestle/tackle for 80 minutes .. the rules for slackness being late e.g would have been laid out to them.

I feel sorry for the club CC and staff, they’re trying to rebuild a lazy culture that’s been let go and slack for years, and now they’ve got to deal with this shit ..

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s what I love about this . When he first came out and accused the club of wrong doing, he thought the media would support him and it was the complete opposite. Even 360 weren’t supporting him, including past players. So he’s now realising, holy shit, he’s only way out is going down this path because he realised it’s backfired on him.
I was actually referring to Buzz copping grief about his bias against us. But I do recall them talking about topine now you mention it. The only support he will get it from the bleeding heart wokes

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about his driving record.
No :tearsofjoy: He had a bad one? I’m surprised that kinda stuff didn’t make the news considering he was a dogs player. Media would’ve loved that lol

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never seen a good worker at my workplace sue for disciplinary reasons.
I've seen shit house workers suing using multiple decks of victim cards.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember before this all happened, someone on here claimed to have info on something Topine had done off field that was being kept hush hush. It was Ill discipline or something along those lines. Anyone know what it was? Maybe that can be the undoing of him.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, its literally Topines word against the club which is probably why he's gone all out (at the advice of his lawyer and manager probs). Looks like the sum of the statement of claim is what he may have expected to earn in his footy career which is insinuating Dogs have ended his career.
I have no doubt that is the angle that they are taking, they will be saying that the mental anguish suffered through the action of the dogs trainers resulted in him unable to pursue a career in rugby league. The clubs lawyers unfortunately will need to attack Topine to defend itself and will be accused of worsening of his mental state. But for them to defend its actions they will need to argue that the punishment was not the trigger for his mental state and that simply put he was never going to succeed as he did not have the character to be successful, and that the result of incident was confirmation of that. They should also be able to argue, but probably can't that the legal action was an act of desperation by the family because they now knew his limitations.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
would be interesting to know if similar punishment had been handed out with someone else, which they took on the chin
I think that could be part of the defense strategy?

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Buzz is normally only on 360 on Mondays, but I bet the old cnt will make a special appearance tonight
Depends if his weekly end-stage syphilis treatments are on a Wednesday night?