Rumour Sexton hunted by Raiders

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the reason i mentioned Tia was because of his build .... he is pretty solid and has a very good kicking game.

Haywood and Taffee to miss out .... ??

If Taffee were to get dropped does he play fullback in reserves ?? .... if so where does Joash play ?? .... ditto Sexton ??

I think we let Sexton go if offers come for him ..... Canberra if the rumor has legs have some nice players on their books ... I am also sure Sexton can see the writing on the wall that the younger guys like Oneill, Woods, Conti are probably going to overtake him moving forward.

Some VERY interesting selections coming up ....

Todd, Skelton and Katouga are playing great and must be coming into some sort of consideration for bench spots as well ....
Most of the utilities all stated as halves - Mann Salmon Hayward Taaffe. Is Joash P fit - seems to have lost pace.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Most of the utilities all stated as halves - Mann Salmon Hayward Taaffe. Is Joash P fit - seems to have lost pace.
Papa looked below his best. Hope he isn't injured or at least its manageable for him.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
After the SG Ball grand final Mitchell Woods will need to be fast tracked to the grade.

I think Gus has made the decision Sexton has no future at the club. We need Woods playing higher grades as soon as he wins the SG Ball grand final next week.
Win or lose he’ll get pushed up to Flegg for his development. I still wouldn’t rush him we have options. Sexton is surplus to requirements. The good thing is this gives us leverage if raiders want to swap a player. We should be very picky as they are more desperate then us

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Papa looked below his best. Hope he isn't injured or at least its manageable for him.
He might be carrying an injury he hasn’t been a stand out in the cup games I watched this year. He’s only young though still eligible for Flegg

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% you wouldn't release him from the goodness of our hearts and to improve Canberra for the next 3 months!
They want him, they need to give us someone we want.
Even though Mooney is off contract, I think the swap still works for both parties if the swap happens immediately considering both players would be breaking contracts for a switch this season - although sexy being a decent half-back and other clubs not willing to part ways with a back up, we probs have the upper hand in the deal

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who knows if he has a niggle but i have thought the same regarding his pace .... might just be getting a little heavier as he matures??

I have always wanted to see him get some time in the halves .... appears to have the mentality and the skillset for it.

As with others we have mentioned the defensive workload in the front line might be the worry.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think sexton is staying he ain’t going no where we have Hutchinson and sexton he will stay at the dogs Gus will make sure

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget about this one..

Raiders are pushing hard to get Sanders released from Parramatta this season, and failing that signing him from 2025 onwards.

If he doesn't get released early, Ethan Strange or Jack Wighton will cover Fogartys injury stint.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Forget about this one..

Raiders are pushing hard to get Sanders released from Parramatta this season, and failing that signing him from 2025 onwards.

If he doesn't get released early, Ethan Strange or Jack Wighton will cover Fogartys injury stint.
Wighton is at Souths now

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kaeo Weekes is a handy player, he’ll slot in, the only issue is that both Weekes and Strange are running halves… they need an organiser. I thought they had Lachlan Lewis but looks like he’s moved on or retired.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kaeo Weekes is a handy player, he’ll slot in, the only issue is that both Weekes and Strange are running halves… they need an organiser. I thought they had Lachlan Lewis but looks like he’s moved on or retired.
I could be wrong but pretty sure Lachlan Lewis is not on an NRL contract with Raiders. Like Nick Coctric at Raiders, and Braidon Burns at Souths.

He was 18th man in the NSW Cup game against us the other week, and another earlier in the season, so I think he's teetering between NSW Cup and something else (not named in Ron Massey Cup).

Oh and he's running his own "fitness and life coach" business, asking like $80 to $150 a week from people.

Yes you read that right: https://www.elitebyll.com/plans-pricing

Last edited:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I could be wrong but pretty sure Lachlan Lewis is not on an NRL contract with Raiders. Like Nick Coctric at Raiders, and Braidon Burns at Souths.

He was 18th man in the NSW Cup game against us the other week, and another earlier in the season, so I think he's teetering between NSW Cup and something else (not named in Ron Massey Cup).

Oh and he's running his own "fitness and life coach" business, asking like $80 to $150 a week from people.

Yes you read that right: https://www.elitebyll.com/plans-pricing
Different Lachlan Lewis.. u could have googled that too lol

What do you mean about Coctric not being on an NRL contract?

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Different Lachlan Lewis.. u could have googled that too lol
Huh? Elite LL and LL in NSW Cup are the same as the guy that played for Bulldogs.

There's also a Loghan Lewis (you might be thinking of) who plays for Raiders.

What do you mean about Coctric not being on an NRL contract?
Could have sworn he was out of Top 30 squad this year.