Stat dive - defence analysis

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Stats say so much while saying nothing at all, the full time score board is the only stat that really matters.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully can keep it up, 26 27 rounds is alot.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We have this halfback because he can tackle, well better than the other ones we have.
That’s not the reason that Hutchison is halfback.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Salmon cops shit because he's shit, switched off plenty of times in defence. Made two bad defensive errors against the Storm that lead to tries. Can't wait to see the back of this donkey.
You'll be waiting a while.

It's just going to take you longer to come around that's all. Crighton you hated the signing, Mann you hated the signing. Even King lol. Xerri.

IBS dog will just take longer haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You'll be waiting a while.

It's just going to take you longer to come around that's all. Crighton you hated the signing, Mann you hated the signing. Even King lol. Xerri.

IBS dog will just take longer haha
Crichton was just a meme. Mann and King yes but I backflipped when they proved me wrong. Xerri I was happy to sign but I still wanted to call him a drug cheat. Salmon is peak plodder though and I'm going to have a meltdown if that geriatric moves back to lock when Preston is back. Shouldn't even be in the 17 with Mann and Preston back if we're being fair dinkum.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We miss a lot of initial tackles but someone is always there to cover, complete the tackle, plug the gap, put a halt to the opposition attack before any meaningful metres are gained. The line speed means that the opposition gains, even after a missed tackle, are minuscule because any missed tackles are only a couple of metres past the play the ball line.

Always a Bulldog
These defensive structures we employ are why so many had to be weeded out last season.

It takes 100% commitment and very high fitness levels .... NOBODY gets to take a play off.

We have gone from an historically bad defense to one of the best in an off season .... major props to the coaching staff and players.

Given a good run with injury we are very likely to improve even further.