News Mahoney and Hetherington confrontation in sheds

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a proper "Fuck About Find Out" moment.

Nothing in it and probably fucking about with Mahoney, but he's gonna find out now the NRL are involved and cameras caught it.
Yep looking like a tough big guy shaping up to a little fella. I’m sure he’ll cop some decent sledging from some of the big boys from now on

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just laugh at it. I love a bit of nonsense and drama in my league. I like Jack because he's a lunatic. I'm just glad he's not our lunatic anymore. He'll cop a few weeks and a nice fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only time I noticed Elliott on the field was when he dropped the ball LOL. Who was it on here that was in love with him again ?
He did 10 runs for a total of 56 metres, barely 5m per run, so yeah, probably hard to see him given he was swamped by blue and white jerseys most of the time.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like he’s dead set.. the smile is more maniac than having a laugh.
I think if Mahoney looked at him he would of hit him but Mahoney didn’t look up until he pushed him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack Hetherington facing ban over Reed Mahoney tunnel altercation

Newcastle forward Jack Hetherington is facing a one-game ban over his off-field altercation with Bulldogs hooker Reed Mahoney.

Hetherington and Mahoney clashed in the tunnel at Accor Stadium after both were sin binned in the final minutes of their clash on Sunday afternoon.

The match review committee looked into the incident on Monday morning and charged Hetherington with contrary conduct.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
James Graham gets 5 or 6 weeks for pointing a finger at a ref and Hetherington gets 1 week for trying to start a fight in the "car park"
Bupa got 4 weeks and it was 2 charges, not 1.
1 of them was 3 weeks for dissent - abuse against officials has always been dimly viewed. I don’t see how the two events can be compared personally.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Jack Hetherington facing ban over Reed Mahoney tunnel altercation

Newcastle forward Jack Hetherington is facing a one-game ban over his off-field altercation with Bulldogs hooker Reed Mahoney.

Hetherington and Mahoney clashed in the tunnel at Accor Stadium after both were sin binned in the final minutes of their clash on Sunday afternoon.

The match review committee looked into the incident on Monday morning and charged Hetherington with contrary conduct.
A week for being an idiot seems reasonable.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would love him to try that shit on Peter Kelly or Willy
There’s a sh!t ton of old Bulldogs players who wouldn’t cop that sh!t… add Kevin Ryan, Peter Tunks, Billy Johnson, Jarrod McCracken, Solomon Haumono, SBW, Mark O’Meley, Bruce Maguire, Frank Pritchard, David Gillespie, Dean Pay, Robbo etc… we had many take no sh!t footy players… and I’d say that list wouldn’t care what era it was, it would be on for young and old!!

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The mistake in all this is with the Newcastle dressing room staff who should have ensured Jack went into the room and stayed there.

Whether or not Peter Gough did the right thing in sending them to the bin Is debatable, but leaving a time gap between them going off is the right way to handle it and has been for years.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bupa got 4 weeks and it was 2 charges, not 1.
1 of them was 3 weeks for dissent - abuse against officials has always been dimly viewed. I don’t see how the two events can be compared personally.
It's called assault, if the trainers weren't there Hetherington would've continued on with it or at the very least gave that perception.

Example below, even though they're boxers and punch each other during a fight, all those conditions are off once the fight has ended (or in Hetherington's case, when he left the field)

As the two men waited for the results, Butler asked for his gloves to be cut off. After Grant was announced the winner, Butler stood in his corner seeming unpleased by the decision. Grant then made his way over to Butler to congratulate him for his effort, but Butler sucker punched the unsuspecting Grant with a right hook that dropped him to the floor. Grant lay dazed on the ring mat and bleeding from the mouth while broadcasters Bob Papa and Teddy Atlas called out for Butler to be arrested on assault charges. ...... and Butler was eventually convicted of assaulting Grant and spent four months in Rikers Island.

There's no room for those actions and the NRL should have come down hard on it, it's up there with the highest offence IMO. Because had a punch up had actually happened off the field, that's when the police become involved for assault.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Mahoney walks into the tunnel minding his own business and then cops a small jab in the chest from that derrick **** and cops a $1000 fine?? wtf is that all about?
Honestly the dumbest fine ever. Surely he will fight it (no pun intended)