Opinion Bailey Hayward

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not to throw a spanner into the works but there's tough competition Mann, kautoga, morrin, extra props, taffe are also competing for bench spots.
He has to wait for injuries unfortunately, it could be a while our depth is something else this year it’s next level. Skelton was good today in reserves along with the rest of the team.
CC is going to win a comp shortly he knows what he is doing.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He has to wait for injuries unfortunately, it could be a while our depth is something else this year it’s next level. Skelton was good today in reserves along with the rest of the team.
CC is going to win a comp shortly he knows what he is doing.
Skelton has been consistent all year. IIRC he has scored at least a try a game, usually set up by Papa. Plus hits 200m+ with a heap of PCMs.

He can be our Haas IMO

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is not a long way from NRL in our team if Patolo can get a run at prop Skelton would shit it in . Wouldn’t break on the first hit up either.
If he was going to be moved to the front row needed to be done in the off season to get him into the right type of training.

Patolo is damaged.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If he was going to be moved to the front row needed to be done in the off season to get him into the right type of training.

Patolo is damaged.
Both Gus and CC have said many times Skelton is a special project. Who knows what they are moulding him to be.

I personally think he will end up in the forwards, as a middle that we desperately need. He wouldn't let us down.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Patolo is damaged.
He doesn’t need a pre season to play prop off the bench, run the ball don’t pass and make your tackles, doesn’t get any simpler . And yes Patolo is damaged that’s the point.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He doesn’t need a pre season to play prop off the bench, run the ball don’t pass and make your tackles, doesn’t gat any simpler . And yes Patolo is damaged that’s the point.
I can argue and say the way he plays now is like a middle on the wing. His strength are post contact metres. Good footwork and a bit of tow for a big boy.

Plus he is 25, props usually boost 27 years and up.

191cm and 104kgs

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesn’t need a pre season to play prop off the bench, run the ball don’t pass and make your tackles, doesn’t get any simpler . And yes Patolo is damaged that’s the point.
The hit up side won't be that hard to adjust. The defensive side going from a wing to middle will really be the toughest to adjust. I think this year not really an option. Should he be retained beyond 2024 it's a decision Gould and Ciraldo need to make and begin the preparations for him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The hit up side won't be that hard to adjust. The defensive side going from a wing to middle will really be the toughest to adjust. I think this year not really an option. Should he be retained beyond 2024 it's a decision Gould and Ciraldo need to make and begin the preparations for him.
I don't want to lose him to another team.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually think Skelton will be a better defender in the middle he has struggled at times on the wing in defence because he gets beaten with footwork, no such issues in the middle he can plant his feet and put that big frame to good use.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually think Skelton will be a better defender in the middle he has struggled at times on the wing in defence because he gets beaten with footwork, no such issues in the middle he can plant his feet and put that big frame to good use.
He probably will be. Just needs an off season to adjust with training and preparation.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly haven't seen Hayward really going onto anything decent, but have to admit he played his role well today and showed excellent vision, pace, and determination to score that try.

Just not sure where he fits in as looked like today he played at lock with Curran moving to prop.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I honestly haven't seen Hayward really going onto anything decent
Likewise. Seemed his promise had stalled over the last couple of seasons.
But that's probably just another example of the dangers of writing off young halves too early.
He's been killing it this year. Obviously had a great pre-season and bought in, totally, to the new systems.
Has adapted to the 14 role very well.
I wouldn't write him off as an option for halfback either - that's his original position through the juniors.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can argue and say the way he plays now is like a middle on the wing. His strength are post contact metres. Good footwork and a bit of tow for a big boy.

Plus he is 25, props usually boost 27 years and up.

191cm and 104kgs
He is very hard to stop, big strong and agile, not sure he can play prop at this stage, you have to make a lot of tackles in the middle.