OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some things I picked up out of Ciraldo's press conference.

- Tracey has got the number 1 full time.
- King looks highly likely to be included this week.
- Taffe is in the best 17.

Let's smash the knights!

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk
Need Kingy to help stop Saifiti and Frizell, Dogs will have to play with with their brains not their grunt, our skill is in our backs and our ability to get the ball there, the timing.
Kickau has got them worried on our left edge, who can bend the right?
Sexton has a short kicking game, whoever, keep the short grubbers up they hate them when they get behind the defence.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tough for Blake Taffe. I know that every club needs back-ups to their first-choice players, but it must still be hard for him knowing that he is going to be in and out of the 17 from now on and is basically just an insurance policy given Tracy's injury record and that this probably only happened because he got smacked in the head which was not his fault. I feel for the guy ....

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Need Kingy to help stop Saifiti and Frizell, Dogs will have to play with with their brains not their grunt, our skill is in our backs and our ability to get the ball there, the timing.
Sexton has a short kicking game, whoever, keep the short grubbers up they hate them when they get behind the defence.
Frizell not playing.....

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im nervous for this one, feel our results havent reflected our performances this year and we have had a real tough run! Win this week and we are 3 and 4, id have bit your hand off for that looking at our fixtures to start the year. Going into the bye at 3 and 4, chance for players to come back then play the tigers after that, would be so exciting for us to kick on. Feel like ive been let down by the club for years when its come to games that we could win and make progress as a club from, im praying this weekend is different, biggest game of the season id say thus far, its difficult because they have some serious match winners and are desperate also!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The hip pointer will still be painful hope kiks has been tasked with finding out how painful
Need to get in position to have Tracey cover and watch Knights left wing (Tuala) and give Kiraz and opportunity to jam in on Ponga and try clean him up.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Need to get in position to have Tracey cover and watch Knights left wing (Tuala) and give Kiraz and opportunity to jam in on Ponga and try clean him up.
I’d also like to see one or two of Burtons higher bombs that give Kiks enough time to really hammer him as he takes the ball. KP is a tough player but if we can put him off running the ball early we will put a score on the knights IMO. 95% of their attack is generated off KP shut him down you shut the knights out.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh our short kicking game is diabolical atm. This is the area I would have thought needs the most attention… I haven’t wanted to bring this up cause I rate what CC has done. However not having settled half delays this process.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d also like to see one or two of Burtons higher bombs that give Kiks enough time to really hammer him as he takes the ball. KP is a tough player but if we can put him off running the ball early we will put a score on the knights IMO. 95% of their attack is generated off KP shut him down you shut the knights out.
With Burtons boot we should also be pepperin him with low long kicks that he is returning from corners, or running backwards for. Fuck I’m looking forward to this.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t wait for the game I’ll be there with the young one cheering on. We need to win this if we have any chance of beginning our form after the bye.

Knights
Bye
Tigers
Panthers

we need the maximum 6 points so we can have a chance to drop a game against Penrith and still be close around the top 8.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reading their forum, Knights fans are absolutely shitting it at the prospect of Kiks running at Cogger all game. :D
I just read that too lol, saw they said cogger out and gamble in. They think his better to defend kikau. Do they not realise that kikau went through Joey manu and his one of the best centres in the game? Lol

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I just read that too lol, saw they said cogger out and gamble in. They think his better to defend kikau. Do they not realise that kikau went through Joey manu and his one of the best centres in the game? Lol
Tedesco hasn't played since he tried to tackle Kikau.

Always a Bulldog

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haha. I think, deep down, they know it won't matter who they have defending in the halves.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some things I picked up out of Ciraldo's press conference.

- Tracey has got the number 1 full time.
- King looks highly likely to be included this week.
- Taffe is in the best 17.

Let's smash the knights!

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk
So there's a chance we could have a bench of Turpin, Haywood, Taaffe and Sexton as 18th man? I almost want to see it happen just for the laugh.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tbh it's up to the coaching staff to get Hutch servicing our right edge.. like if we all see that he's taking too many tackles, surely the coaching staff can recognise the issue.. he's obviously doing some things right but that's got to change if we want to close out more games.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh it's up to the coaching staff to get Hutch servicing our right edge.. like if we all see that he's taking too many tackles, surely the coaching staff can recognise the issue.. he's obviously doing some things right but that's got to change if we want to close out more games.
Hutch just needs to literally kick in corners and so as burton. It’s not hard to do that… make them turn around and battle for field position. Tracey this week needs to get involved like Blake did so we have Newcastle continually questioning who we’re going to use on our attacking sets. I really want us to start like the roosters game as I’m depressed from Newcastles games against us last year lol

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hutch just needs to literally kick in corners and so as burton. It’s not hard to do that… make them turn around and battle for field position. Tracey this week needs to get involved like Blake did so we have Newcastle continually questioning who we’re going to use on our attacking sets. I really want us to start like the roosters game as I’m depressed from Newcastles games against us last year lol
Yeah. The final quarter of that Storm game was hard to fathom.. we gave them the ball too close to the 40 and we paid a price for it.

I just want us to win because I know our best is better than Newcastle.. by the end of the season if we get good ratio of wins against those middle of pack team's, it'll be a really good season.. but yeah I'm hoping for a Roosters game type start.. good chance to make a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.