ISAAC MATALAVEA-BOOTH

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think he's slightly built from the video. Might be a bit deceptive looking at him because he's not got the tapering from chest to waist. He's similar in build to Darren Britt in that he's as broad at the waist as he is through the chest but a good deal taller.

I wouldn't rush him, but I think match fitness might currently be of bigger concern than bulking up. At any rate I hope his development from here is smooth sailing. Looks like a great prospect.
darren britt is 194cm tall

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Game is being shown live on NSWRLTV tomorrow at midday.

IMB has dropped off the teamlist though (unless playing in #17), but noticed Joey Tramontana playing for Mounties off bench (as are about 3 or 4 other ex Bulldogs)..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

IMB has dropped off the teamlist though (unless playing in #17), but noticed Joey Tramontana playing for Mounties off bench (as are about 3 or 4 other ex Bulldogs)..
Isee Blake Merritt named as a reserve. Heard some real good things about him last year... Anyone got any info on him?

And this guy playing for Mounties... Kenny Soumpholphakdy... Fcuk Dat for a name.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score

IMB is playing Massey cup today 12pm, check your teamlist again.

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
Scored a try too
Could have scored another one but dropped the ball over the line.

He looked massive, but way overweight. I reckon he's lugging at least 140 kgs, maybe close to 150 just looking at him.

I think It'll be a long long time (if ever) before he is anywhere near ready for NRL footy.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope he can continue his footy career after the terrible injury he had. The club have obviously given him the time to get right. Now, his focus will probably be on getting fitter and stronger.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could have scored another one but dropped the ball over the line.

He looked massive, but way overweight. I reckon he's lugging at least 140 kgs, maybe close to 150 just looking at him.

I think It'll be a long long time (if ever) before he is anywhere near ready for NRL footy.
A real shame as the bloke certainly has the skills, but if hes way overweight it's gonna take serious gymwork to get him slimmed down.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
it's gonna take serious gymwork to get him slimmed down.
The kind of work a serious NRL player has to do as a base minimum.
If he has "the right stuff" upstairs, there is no reason he can't start his 2025 pre-season training now, ease through RMC back into NSW Cup and then improving towards a run at 2025.
If he starting shedding a few Kg's, he'll feel better, and as he gets fitter the confidence will start to return and he can (hopefully) put the massive injury setback far behind him. Good luck to the young man. There's much respect just for sticking with the dream after what he's copped. We would all love to see him killing it in our top team.