Team against the knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Romano Cook killed it #9. Sexton started at 9 ....Mick Potter took Biondi Odo off around half time (who tackled well, but didn't feature offensively)

Kautoga played 80 mins in Reggies. Went very well ...BUT ....IMO - the real Bulldogs forwards future lies in Jack Todd & Harry Hayes. Jacob Preston prototypes - tall, fit, fast, no bullshit players who log good stats every week in both offence and defence. Lachlan Vale is also delivering sustained classy performances in the reggies. Very interested to see how Fanafou Seve steps up in Reggies after monstering the SG Ball competition at #8. This guy has serious smack!!! He has to take Tetevano's spot. Clearly something is seriously amiss with Tetevano. 1 run for 11 metres and a couple of tragic defensive misses is unacceptable (regardless of medical diagnosis). By all means, love to see him come back to play (if & when) he is capable. Meanwhile ...our Reggies deserve MORE GRUNT!!!
The Tetevano signing was definitely a panic buy. Thank God it's only for this year.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either Taffe starts at he or hutch starts…u can’t have a halfback on the bench…that’s a waste of a bench spot
Taffe can be a "utility" off the bench covering HB, 5/8 or FB

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Tetevano signing was definitely a panic buy. Thank God it's only for this year.
Yes indeed.
The alarm bells began ringing with Takeaho - TG that didn't happen.
As you say ...lucky Tetevano is only for a year.
Let's hope the experiment with buying busted old warhorse front rowers is finished.
Need big, strong, fit, fast, agile young-ish props.
Gus?? You got that memo ? - sign our own talent first & keep developing them!!

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good point mate. I think the doggies and Ciro are building a culture, and given all the deadshits we jettisoned (and the ones we’ve left out of fg ie Topine) I can probably guess that none of our lads appear to be like the Souths boys. At some stage ciro needs to bite the bullet, and admit that Toby or Taafe are worth trying. Taafe is in the team, has played hb before and is in the team as fb (so he must train well?). Sexton is still applying his trade in reserves and doing well…
Didn't Taaffe and Burton play NSW U19 together ??
Taaffe #7 ; Burton #6
Or is that an urban myth??

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taffe has to much skill set and speed to leave out,he will be back at 1.
The rest up to coach

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is this a must win game ?
Every game up until r14 is a must win... Excluding Panthers in r10 of course

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Taffe has to much skill set and speed to leave out,he will be back at 1.
The rest up to coach
He’d be a decent bench option too. Come on around a tired ruck and gives us coverage from 1-7 if anyone goes down

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We know CC plays silly buggers with the team he names and then changes them at run on.

The team I think he names is -

1. Taaffe
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Hutch

8. Patalo
9. Reed
10. Faamausili
11. Kikua
12. Curran
13. Salmon

14. Tracey
15. Hughes
16. Morrin
17. Knight

19. Kautoga
20. Sexton
21. Turpin
22. Hayward
23. Hayes

The team I think Starts the match is -

1. Taaffe
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. Fox
14. Tracey (named at 5/8 but plays halfback)
6. Burton

8. Patalo
9. Reed
10. Faamausili
11. Kikua
13. Salmon
12. Curran

7. Hutch - CC wants a ball playing lock off the bench to also cover 9, Hutch can do it without having to drop him. If the replacement halfback kills it in his absence at 7 then its easier to drop Hutch for the following game that way.
15. Hughes
16. Morrin
19. Kautoga

20. Sexton
17. Knight

The only other changes I could see is

Hayes in for Kautoga
Sexton in for either Hutchison or Tracey if he really does have a calf strain.

Last edited:

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We know CC plays silly buggers with the team he names and then changes them at run on.

The team I think he names is -

1. Taaffe
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Hutch

8. Patalo
9. Reed
10. Faamausili
11. Kikua
12. Curran
13. Salmon

14. Tracey
15. Hughes
16. Morrin
17. Knight

19. Kautoga
20. Sexton
21. Turpin
22. Hayward
23. Hayes

The team I think Starts the match is -

1. Taaffe
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. Fox
14. Tracey (named at 5/8 but plays halfback)
6. Burton

8. Patalo
9. Reed
10. Faamausili
11. Kikua
13. Salmon
12. Curran

7. Hutch - CC wants a ball playing lock off the bench to also cover 9, Hutch can do it without having to drop him. If the replacement halfback kills it in his absence at 7 then its easier to drop Hutch for the following game that way.
15. Hughes
16. Morrin
19. Kautoga

20. Sexton
17. Knight

The only other changes I could see is

Hayes in for Kautoga
Sexton in for either Hutchison or Tracey if he really does have a calf strain.
I think sexton will have a chance this week to play lve heard a lot of noise around this on sen , zero tackle and nrl 360 it’s a 4 point game for us must win we get taffe and Morrin back which is good

Kutoga missed a vital tackle didn’t even try just left Tracey on his own I doubt we will see him play in 1st grade for a while

Last edited:

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Then we have round 12 Daniel Fifita and Ryan Sutton return
Round 12 yes they return maybe earlier so we have plenty of back up good players I would say this team we have now will stay for a long time unless a massive halfback comes into play.

i do know tannah Boyd has not signed with the Gold Coast and is looking for options des wants to clean up Gold Coast doesn’t want David Fifita 1 million a season and they have plenty of halves so I would not be surprised if they do make a play for Boyd they could even use both Boyd and sexton together

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think sexton will have a chance this week to play lve heard a lot of noise around this on sen , zero tackle and nrl 360 it’s a 4 point game for us must win we get taffe and Morrin back which is good and let’s not forget our true hard boy PRESTON he is our future captain I would say he leads by example every week he is a freak and a chance of origin.

I don’t want any of our players playing origin I couldn’t care less about those games we all see what happens when origin happens they will
Take Burton Crichton Addo Carr Preston maybe even more

im sure nsw can pick the panthers side to play against qld

Kutoga missed a vital tackle didn’t even try just left Tracey on his own I doubt we will see him play in 1st grade for a while

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He killed it the other night but where do you put him. He can't drop xeri. Me personally ill leave at fullback but we know tafee will be back in
I would put Taffee at half Tracey at 1 but what would I know..sfa about the inards of the dressing room so I'll shut up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.