Team against the knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciro most likely will put Taafe back to FB thru loyalty.
Would much rather Tracey but we're talkin Ciro here and he has a def pattern of selections. Same reason he most likely wont drop Hutch.

But who knows. Gus might have a word lol.
Loyalty works when you are winning games.
We aren't winning games we should have and Ciraldo should be recognising that and making tweaks. I hate to single a guy out but Kautoga showed no effort on the Blore try. That alone should deserve a talking to from Ciraldo.
Hutchinson has had enough chances I hope he is not being picked for this defence when it feels like he is costing us points.
I've already said Taafe is overrated on here. The fact Ciraldo picked Tracey over Crichton at fullback makes me think he will stay there. Kiraz is best on the wing and our back 5 has their best game in years.
Taafe isn't good enough to break that up iMO

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tracey at FB
The coach won't drop Hutch so Taaffe on the bench.
When our attack stalls he can put Taaffe on to replace Hutch. If Taaffe outperforms Hutch as expected the coach can declare he's a genius and drop Hutch the next game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tracey at FB
The coach won't drop Hutch so Taaffe on the bench.
When our attack stalls he can put Taaffe on to replace Hutch. If Taaffe outperforms Hutch as expected the coach can declare he's a genius and drop Hutch the next game.
Bit out there thinking from Ciro if that happens. Taafe hasn't had a run there as yet. Starting be easier wouldn't it?

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit out there thinking from Ciro if that happens. Taafe hasn't had a run there as yet. Starting be easier wouldn't it?
Starting Taafe at HB would be the better choice but most coaches if not all don't want to admit they got it wrong even though it was clear after a couple of games that Hutch wasn't up to it. So I think putting Taafe on the bench is an each way bet for the coach.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Starting Taafe at HB would be the better choice but most coaches if not all don't want to admit they got it wrong even though it was clear after a couple of games that Hutch wasn't up to it. So I think putting Taafe on the bench is an each way bet for the coach.
Yeah you're probably right. If not for injury Tracey most probably still untried at 1.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Taffee- ciraldo will bring him straight back in
2. Fox
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Hutchinson- he won't drop him
8. Hughes
9. Mahoney
10. Knight
11. Kiks
12. Kautogo
13. Curran
14. Hayward
15. Morrin
16. Faamasili
17. Patolo

Any chance Preston back ?
I don’t think Knight will be in the team. Especially if King comes back in

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tracey looked better in one game than Taaffe has looked all year (barring the first half against the Roosters). There's an argument to be made that he even played better than Ryan Papenhuyzen.

Coming back from grade one concussion I think Taffee could do with another week off or a game in cup.

Let's just call it player welfare and not getting dropped.. That way no hurt feelings

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sexton played in the halves today named at 9 but played in the halves.
Sexton played first receiver but had the 9 on his back. His second try showed he has a lot more to offer than Hutchinson. Used his speed to worry the defence and fended off the second rower and barged over. Hutcho could never score that try because he just doesn't have the same fast twitch fibers in his body.

Last edited:

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
More likely thing to happen is that CC keeps Hutcho on after watching him hog the ball for 75 minutes and brings Taafe/Hayward/Sexton on in the 75th minute with us down by 4 points to make a miracle happen.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Tracey
2. Kiraz
3.Xerri
4.Crichton
5.Fox
6.Burton
7. Hutch
8. Patalo
9.Reed
10. Curran
11. Kikua
12. Preston/Kautoga
13. Salmon
14. Taffe moves to 7 Hutch replaces Salmon.
15. Hughes
16. Morrin
17. Knight

I think the sting needs to come out of the game before Taffe comes on at 7.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tracey looks as reliable as the General. Taafe give the opposition easy field position when he drops the high balls.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lots of you guys/gals are talking about Taffe to 7, etc., but based upon CC's MO, if he is going to replace Hutchison at 7, it will only be with Sexton because he trained there alongside Hutchison during the off-season. CC has kept Sexton at 18th man the last 2 weeks, when he probably should have kept someone more versatile, and was clearly keen to see what he was able to do, especially defence-wise on Sunday afternoon in NSW Cup. Everything still points to Hutchison wearing the 7 against the Knights and then a possible change after the bye. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tracey looks as reliable as the General. Taafe give the opposition easy field position when he drops the high balls.
From memory Patten was pretty scary to have at the back but i think it was grubbers he struggled with.?

Status
Not open for further replies.