Opinion Taffee vs Tracey

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You leavin Hutch at 7 while Taafe in Cup to get up to speed?
Yes I wouldn"t pick Taffe as an NRL 7 until he shows what he can done with the NSW Cup side. Wouldn't pick him at 14 either, as he only plays in backs where as Mann and Haywood also play in the forwards.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One look at our pack should tell you the answer.

its a miracle we are in games with our middle rotation and a big part of that was our back 5. Tracey has to stay at fullback. His ball playing is sub par for sure but id sooner change Hutchinson to sort that out. It really has to be Sexton at 7 as he got reps there in the off season.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For mine next week
1. Tracey
2. Addo Carr
3. Xerri
4. Crighton
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. Patolo
9. Mahoney
10. King - if fit or else Curran
11. Kikau
12. Salmon
13. Curran if King is fit, or else Turpin, Curran to prop. Turpin drops out if King is fit.
14. Haywood
15. Morrin
16. Hughes
17. Faamasuali
If King is not fit then Kautoga will hold his spot on the bench. The only changes
King and Morrin IN
Turpin and Kautoga OUT.
Taffe to play NSW Cup at 6 or 7.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Tracey by a country mile. For the ability to catch a bomb alone he should be a shoe in. Just the mere fact that Tracey runs into catching the bomb AFL style compared to Taafe getting under the ball first and then jumping. Taafe because of this technique is such an easy target for opposition 'disruptors' pretending to go for the ball and then knocking on. Whereas they can't do the same thing to Tracey because he is running into the ball and the opposition will get bowled. Just like Billy Slater use to run in and do the karate kick in peoples face when catching a bomb.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one from our back 5 can be dropped after this week but I'm not against giving Taaffe a shot in the halves if he has to be in the team.
Think your saying that so forcefully because you not sure if he will drop Tracey. I think Taffe will be fullback and Hutch will be half.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tracey was a beast today did alot of good things but i believe taffe offers more in the opposition redzone he is the key to unlocking our right side since we dont have a real 7, Taffes sweeping/ball playing makes having hutchison in the side for direction/defense work, Our rightside looked trash tonight without taffe sweeping out the back. Taffe = higher ceiling still developing better attack in oppositon 20, Tracey more yards/seems far safer under the high ball
Tracey at FB and Taffe at HB

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Completely agree with most here. Absolutely no way can move Tracey out of FB after that solid game. Taffe to HB. Ciro is very conservative so no way would put him straight but maybe give him time in nsw cup first.
And obviously can't drop Xerri. Was a beast.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Completely agree with most here. Absolutely no way can move Tracey out of FB after that solid game. Taffe to HB. Ciro is very conservative so no way would put him straight but maybe give him time in nsw cup first.
And obviously can't drop Xerri. Was a beast.
Xerri is our best attacking centre by a mile

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fancy all those posters wanting to remove JAC. Idiots
hahahahhaha exactly what i said at the time! Fox is for me the best winger in the game when fit and firing, clueless rugby fans wanting him gone

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tracey gives confidence and certainty at the back.

Halfback is the massive issue and a few other selections. Taafe or Sexton there any defence issues no worries defending inside and out of Preston and Critta.

Mann 13 and Hayward 14 is the way to go moving forward.

8-10-15-16-17 good hard working middles.
Hutchinson has to go....ffs Ciraldo make the tough decisions!